Sign in to follow this  
Sainz

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Panda

300px-BrotherhoodoftheFireFistPanda-FIGA

If you activate a "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap Card (except during the Damage Step): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then you can Special Summon 1 "Fire Fist" monster from your GY, except "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Panda", also you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn, except "Fire Fist" monsters. If a "Fire Fist" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect, you can send 1 face-up "Fire Formation" Spell/Trap you control to the GY instead. You can only use each effect of "Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Panda" once per turn.

I have a love-hate relationship with this card, honestly. On the one hand, it's fantastic and does so much good stuff for Fire Fist, reviving Raven, Rooster or Ram (if you play it), the less relevant protection effect against random stuff like TT, making Eagle with just it and a formation, being a free 2100 body on the board, stacking fortress and a bunch of other random stuff. On the other hand, it has pigeonholed Fire Fist into spamming Ravens and Pandas and turns literally every Fire Fist deck into Panda spam. More specifically, it wrecked my favorite build of the deck (4 Axis), while massively buffing a spammy playstyle that doesn't feel like Fire Fists at all, now Fists just try and combo off as soon as they can, it's not the same deck anymore and I wish so much that this was a Level 4 with a grindy effect, rather than promoting spam. In general, part of me mourns the days of traditional grind decks. Salamangreat fill the niche for me of the value stack of good cards deck, but seeing my favorite archetype morphed into some ungodly clusterfuck of a combo deck makes me sad. 

I was with the Deck until Eagle... And I still think it is Eagle's fault for changing how the Deck plays. If they had made the no cost of Fire Formation a HOPT thing instead of a Continuous Effect, I think they wouldn't be loop heavy. It is like Konami's R & D completely ignored the fact that Tiger King, Dragon, and Bear have no HOPT which ultimately made Eagle's design flawed from the start.

Sure this is a really good extender for the Deck to point that it is a go to card, but I think it is less of a problem compared to Eagle. Eagle basically disowned the entire gimmick of the Deck: using Fire Formation as resources for your plays. This card expanded on it and offered alternative means to use your Fire Formation as resources.

Edited by BGMキャノン