Sign in to follow this  
Sainz

[Single] Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Monkey

Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Monkey

Beast-Warrior/FIRE/1800/1000/Effect

Once per turn, if you activate a "Fire Formation" Trap Card (except during the damage step): You can set 1 "Fire Formation" Spell Card directly from your deck. Once per turn, when this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can send 1 "Fire Formation" card you control to the GY; Your opponent discards 1 Random card, then, if they do, draw 1 card.

Based on the Water Margin character Huangfu Duan, the 57th in rank, of the Beast Star, the "Purple Bearded Count". His flame is purple, but darker than Boar, and the animal behind him is a bearded monkey.

I'm not expert on Fire Fist after their latest support, and I forget if they now have a way to activate Fire Formation Traps directly from Deck, GY, etc. but even if they did, seems to me they have better monsters to run and combo with than this. Also the battle damage effect is no good: it's a -1 in a vacuum and not only the opponent doesn't lose anything in card advantage, also it can gain from it by fixing its hand since it gets to choose the card to discard, and even net a plus if it discards a floater. IMO you can get away with looking at the hand and discarding a card of your choice. Otherwise... this card would have felt at home way back on the days of 4-Axis, and before floaty decks rose such as Shaddolls and BAs.

I would improve the card with the aforementioned suggestion, as well as consider adding an effect that let's you Special Summon it from hand when you activate the Fire Formation Trap, for more swarming and combo potential. Heck, since Fire Fists aren't really doing much to the meta in neither TCG nor OCG, you could test and push it further by Summoning it from either hand or GY.

OP: It is missing a Level. What is it?

Fire Fist actually don't have a means to activate Fire Formation Traps directly from the Deck yet or let alone activate them on the turn they are set... They only set them still. So I think this is definitely as Darj says as being slower than most of the Fire First. And I would advise going with Darj's suggestion on this one.

As for what it can do with the new support, it isn't much... But, you know with Eagle existing I wouldn't want something that would make anymore of an impact... Then again, if you wanted it to have a stronger effect it would be fine because if it makes Fire Fist strong enough to top in events, the sooner Eagle could get banned and Konami can rethink their terrible design decisions. XD

Edited by BGMキャノン

7 hours ago, BGMキャノン said:

OP: It is missing a Level. What is it?

Fire Fist actually don't have a means to activate Fire Formation Traps directly from the Deck yet or let alone activate them on the turn they are set... They only set them still. So I think this is definitely as Darj says as being slower than most of the Fire First. And I would advise going with Darj's suggestion on this one.

As for what it can do with the new support, it isn't much... But, you know with Eagle existing I wouldn't want something that would make anymore of an impact... Then again, if you wanted it to have a stronger effect it would be fine because if it makes Fire Fist strong enough to top in events, the sooner Eagle could get banned and Konami can rethink their terrible design decisions. XD

4. Also I may have deliberately lowballed it because of Eagle.