Not fully convinced by this card. It gives a lot of power to the Ritual Djinns, and even the non-Ritual ones since the effect doesn't exclude them, and that may come with futureproofing issues. But even if it excluded them, the first effect sets up for 2 Ritual Summons without the need of materials on hand nor field, and the second effect allows for ED laddering or fodder for yet more Ritual Summons. IMO it's a bit too much for a single card. And that's without factoring the bonus effects the Ritual monsters will come with, although admittedly only a handful of them are good, namely the card drawing, discarding and un-targetablilty effects.

I like the part where the Tributes can be sent from the Deck and it has to use Djinns no matter from where. That's neat support they really need.
Though the GY effect is odd. Their gimmick is that they get a reuse from the GY by themselves already, so Special Summoning 2 of them is kind of pointless from the GY and kind of overkill from the banished pile by giving them 2 extra uses.... or a Link Summon and a use (maybe that's the intention?) 
I guess I can't see the player Ritual Summoning a ton in a single turn either way when it comes to the generic support of these cards. Hmmm..

Random idea but: It's a pet peeve of mine that Preparation of Rites only grabs the Ritual Monster from the Deck, and the Spell from the GY, so if you have them the other way around it is kind of useless in a strategy that is kind of cramped already. Pre-Prep does grab the monster from either but has the "need to be listed" clause, and the Spell does need to be in the Deck. Sooo since you are doing Ritual stuff, maybe something that can cover the missing niches? Impcantations kinda do improve consistency, but I end up ditching whatever Ritual Deck I'm doing because the Impcantations don't tend to need them, but I want the generic rituals to have toys that don't overshadow them xD

On 10/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, Darj said:

Not fully convinced by this card. It gives a lot of power to the Ritual Djinns, and even the non-Ritual ones since the effect doesn't exclude them, and that may come with futureproofing issues. But even if it excluded them, the first effect sets up for 2 Ritual Summons without the need of materials on hand nor field, and the second effect allows for ED laddering or fodder for yet more Ritual Summons. IMO it's a bit too much for a single card. And that's without factoring the bonus effects the Ritual monsters will come with, although admittedly only a handful of them are good, namely the card drawing, discarding and un-targetablilty effects.

I did have an initial design for this that I think was significantly less powerful... It could only Ritual summon non-Effect Ritual monsters. How does that sound? That way you have to run more cards that you naturally wouldn't want to saturate your Deck with. Djinn can be pretty bricky at times if you run a good handful of them as it is.

7 hours ago, Sleepy said:

I like the part where the Tributes can be sent from the Deck and it has to use Djinns no matter from where. That's neat support they really need.
Though the GY effect is odd. Their gimmick is that they get a reuse from the GY by themselves already, so Special Summoning 2 of them is kind of pointless from the GY and kind of overkill from the banished pile by giving them 2 extra uses.... or a Link Summon and a use (maybe that's the intention?) 
I guess I can't see the player Ritual Summoning a ton in a single turn either way when it comes to the generic support of these cards. Hmmm..

Random idea but: It's a pet peeve of mine that Preparation of Rites only grabs the Ritual Monster from the Deck, and the Spell from the GY, so if you have them the other way around it is kind of useless in a strategy that is kind of cramped already. Pre-Prep does grab the monster from either but has the "need to be listed" clause, and the Spell does need to be in the Deck. Sooo since you are doing Ritual stuff, maybe something that can cover the missing niches? Impcantations kinda do improve consistency, but I end up ditching whatever Ritual Deck I'm doing because the Impcantations don't tend to need them, but I want the generic rituals to have toys that don't overshadow them xD

The GY effect is totally for Potential Link plays... It should be noted that you only get to use 1 effect so in most cases you are probably going to use Ritual effect 1st anyways to fuel the GY or banish zone for next turn which you might not have or need. I wouldn't necessarily see this overshadowing Imps as Djinns as they stand act kind of like Gem-Knight Garnet in this case.