Chaos Sonic

Grimm Nights [OOC | PG-16 | Started | NA]

App reviews 2: Electric Boogaloo. Starting with apps that have been posted since last time I did reviews, then coming back round to any apps that have had notable changes since I first reviewed them.

On 11/2/2019 at 6:32 PM, REP said:

Hammer Time (HEAVY WIP)

Reveal hidden contents

I like this Peach Baby. Your list format for personality and bio gives me an idea of what to expect, and I like what I'm seeing. Looking forward to the finalized product.

On 11/4/2019 at 3:41 PM, Saiba Aisu said:

Interested. Will get an app up ASAP.
/EDIT: Work in progress.

Reveal hidden contents

Bio says that she's a jaeger based on (thus descended from) will-o-wisps yet the only real mention of this is her ambiguous father (connecting the dots isn't tough) and the ability to... conjure these will-o-wisps? And being able to turn into a ball of fire. Bio felt a bit weak for how much of it I had to read, and maybe it's because I've been playing some Dark Cloud 2 lately, I do enjoy circus stories. The weakest app out of this second wave if I'm being quite bluntly honest.

On 11/6/2019 at 2:59 PM, Blake said:

Playful Apocalypse

Reveal hidden contents

Looking good. No major comments for or against this app. Quite interested to see if he bounces off Lucine in any unique way, with Lopt being a Loki jaeger and Lucine being one descended from Fenrir.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:08 PM, LordCowCow said:

Wonderland

Reveal hidden contents

If I can read the app in the span of about three and a half minutes (measured by character theme) that's an immediate plus from me. It's clear you had some fun writing this one, and is my preferred option out of the two whimsical knife-wielding magicians we have in this thread should we have to cut one loose. No outstanding comments in favor of or against.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:16 AM, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

I spent forever agonizing over whether I should make an application for another RP. And I know I shouldn't...but I did. :')

Lad from the Loch

Reveal hidden contents

Personality and bio are long but don't seem to really be packing anything in the way of filler, so I wound up walking out of this app feeling like I knew more about Lachlan than about any other character so far (besides my own of course). Lots of little touches here and there that I like the attention to detail for, and ultimately probably my favorite app overall out of this second batch.

On 11/7/2019 at 11:56 AM, Skaia said:

I have work and other places to post today, but I figured I'd just leave this here in the mean time for a placeholder. 

WIP 

Reveal hidden contents

Nothing to comment on so far. Picture's cute though, and yuki-onna are cool. Hoping to see this one finished sometime soon.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:55 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

The Discord is open and we now have a full OOC.

I'll be bringing in my character here soon that way we at least have one down that you all can look at.

...And be with me, for Evermore

Reveal hidden contents

That just leaves the updated Alexandre. Some modern polish that I talked about in the last review for this has done more work for Alex than I actually thought it would. Quite pleased to see how he's been updated with a fresh breath of life!

Alright, as originally stated in our Discord, the selection was to happen at 12 AM Central...and now, it's time!

Through this process of selecting the apps between myself, Yui, and Sai was a grueling one. Each and every RPer that applied here did an amazing job and exceeded expectations, namely my own, in bringing forth a character from various fairy tales, myths, and legends. In the end, however, we could only select six applicants (aside from the host crew). DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

...Drum roll... Oh shit an ACTUAL drum roll, neat!

The Selected Cast of Characters

Spoiler

|OP| - Robin Oberonson

Radio414 - Elise Moonwort & Cobrin

Doggo - Catriona Taghaim

REP - Wada Sunspear

Blake - Lopt Solbjorg

Sethera - Lachlan "Lach" Ness

Congratulations all those who were able to make it into the RP! While we enjoyed every single app that slid across the table, these six were the ones we could all fully agree on that each one of us enjoyed the most. Thank you for applying to this and be prepared for the IC very VERY shortly!