Sign in to follow this  
LordCowCow

Cow's (Superior) Monster Reviews

Hihi cause clearly my opinion is important or something. Here I shall list my thoughts on the monsters of Halloween 2019.

I usually would also rate based on difficulty but tbh none of them were really "hard" to figure out. Which isn't a bad thing! It's just a thing. Some of the best were some of the easiest.

Also note that 7 and above I would consider quite good.

Anyway....

Monsters

Ainz Ooal Gown

Spoiler

Good concept. Was played well. But didn't really do a whole heck of a lot. Occasionally did stuff but could've done stuff more often. Tried to drum up some more activity while getting his army together or something.

Also the game was a good idea but was posted far, far, too late. Overall the monster did good job when they did things.

7/10

Box Ghost

Spoiler

Much like in the show didn't really have much presence. Was this intentional? Whatever the case I kept forgetting they were around. They seemed to mostly pop up to post in a couple specific threads and occasionally ask for duels.

On that note they probably should have tried more to get people to duel. It felt they were only able to duel in specific times and honestly if your game is gonna be duels then you gotta be sure you're around more often.

I feel they might have held back to not "annoy" people? But Box Ghost is kind of supposed to be obnoxious and in your face.

5/10

Dullahan

Spoiler

Literally didn't exist, idek if they ever chose an image. 0/10

Kurumi Ebisuzawa

Spoiler

Active as all heck. Kind of was unsure about the act. I don't know the character so this could be how they are but they often felt a bit too stiff and....well, now that we know who it is I can say this, as if they were hosting the event. They did a lot of stuff and added to the event for sure but they also didn't fully feel like part of the event if that makes sense.

I enjoyed the idea for their game. Though it'd been more interesting if the site were more active >.>

8/10

Larry the Cucumber

Spoiler

Oh boy things are heating up. Really, really, active. And really, really talkative. Not gonna lie sometimes I sorta wished there had been more.....punch to some of it. More hints at something bigger perhaps. But I did love how well you rolled with the things everyone else did. Especially with that thing at the end. Certainly made things more fun and really stuck with the character quite well.

9/10

Post-Crisis Carlos

Spoiler

Probably my favorite overall. A bit more activity (and a game) might've been nice though. I enjoyed the idea and how it was implemented. The jokes were groan-worthy and the depression hit hard. Too real man. But it was a really well played Monster whose posts I enjoyed.

Just wish you had made your own game as well.

9/10

Segata Sanshiro

Spoiler

Tricky one to place. Reminded me of Pepsi-man but didn't quite have the same sort of charm. They didn't have a whole lot of presence though. I'm not sure if they didn't interact enough, or didn't make enough, or if just they played it a bit too low key? But while I don't think they did bad I struggle to say they did as well as some of the other active monsters.

6.5/10

Sou Hiyori

Spoiler

W-what happened? I know the plan but it just...didn't happen. The "seemingly innocuous" type can work but only if there's payoff. Which...didn't really happen. Was a neat IDEA for a monster but that's about it.

3/10

Spooky

Spoiler

Hmmm...fairly active but um...Kind of just did the same thing that the player probably would have done as a member so the guise of a monster felt kinda pointless. The game was a decent idea but far too.....ambitious? I think something that more often gave players choices and having some sort of actual system of failure might've worked better. Just fell slightly short and felt a bit too rigid in act and actions.

6/10

Uncle Death

Spoiler

Heck yeah. I felt you captured the character well, from what I know, and you certainly had a lot of interesting things going on. The game you made in particular was rather fun and interesting. Though there was one point where you fell a bit shorter. Which was....while you were active I often felt you weren't really interacting with people outside of your own threads. I felt this was a monster that really could have stood out and got people involved but sorta was just shy of that. Might be being a bit too harsh due to potential but....

8/10

Yami Bakura

Spoiler

ngl this one just didn't work. It really felt like they weren't trying much to do things for the entire event. Sometimes I thought you were going for abridged memes but then sometimes more serious tone but there wasn't really enough of either to get a solid grasp.

The game was basic but a good idea...had there been more activity from you. If your game relies on people being active you yourself have to be responding several times a day. Also the points given out was far too low for what needed to be done for it.

4/10

And now...Boss Monsters!

Bram Stoker

Spoiler

Um...where did you go? I had to struggle to remember what posts you actually even made. Bram is cool dude and his posts are usually pretty good but they....weren't there.

2/10

Ivan Ooze

Spoiler

Hmmm. Was pretty active at parts. Interacted pretty well...but often fell off the wagon so to speak. In that there were moments that the character broke...character, especially near the end, and you didn't do enough with what you had imo.

The statuses about fgo were especially irksome and unneeded. Having your monster give the player a bad excuse is kind of a lame thing to do.

6.5/10

Pepsi Man

Spoiler

Did really well! But also kind of....weren't around randomly. I enjoyed what was done, Pepsi Man is as ever charming, but I felt the heart wasn't fully into it this time around. Not much to say but Pepsi man is always a winner.

8/10

Hosts and overall event.

Mettaton

Spoiler

Well, you got the information out there, and the player responded when asked about things, but....they didn't do much beyond that. They didn't necessarily HAVE to but also it'd been nice to get out there yourself more often

6/10 did the basics needed.

Hades

Spoiler

You were like, one of the first monsters I thought of when I thought of well done monsters....and you did....nothing? I don't think I saw a post from you until a status at the end and maybe a thing at the start? I know you're a host and not a monster but you had actually no presence despite being one of the better ones from the past.

1/10

Overall

Spoiler

We're less active than we used to be (but more active than some of the times we did this on YCM) so the non-monster members were probably the part of this that made me most sad. Since it felt like not a lot of people were interested in interacting.

That being said a majority of the actual monsters were actually active and many of them had fun stuff and good ideas. Coulda done more of course but that was more a failure on the less active people than anything.

That being said idk what the hosts did ?

The thing with this kind of event...even if you don't get much from it you gotta throw yourself out there. Especially for hosts. Make threads where Monsters can do things. Come up with interactions. I kind of tried that with my "Post and I'll give you something" thread, and there was a couple good hooks from that.
I felt like for the most part it was "Toss them out there and let them do their thing". Which can sometimes work but when activity lulls that's when hosts need to toss out some ideas.

Overall.....It was fun. And active enough. But I felt there was sometimes too much an air of not caring.

7.5/10

I did mainly only post in my own threads, basically only that near the end. I'll try and be more... inspiring, I guess?... next year. 8/10 is still pretty good though ?