• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
BGMキャノン

Ghostrick Support (5/5)

Intro:

Spoiler

So after receiving some constructive criticism on a single support I've made for Ghostrick... I went along and actually play tested them. And I must say the suggestions were pretty reasonable: they need something that makes for a definitive starting play... So I did just that with a Link monster that can utilize Sets as material, and I've also made a few disruptive handtraps for them that have a little more weight than the existing ones. And a few spells.

Main Deck Monsters (2):

Ghostrick Swampman
DARK
✪✪✪ (Level 3)
[Zombie/Effect]
ATK/1500 DEf/ 0

Cannot be Normal Summoned, unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster. Monsters your opponent controls lose 200 ATK for each Set card on the field. If your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, change 1 of your opponent's Summoned monsters to face-down Defense Position.  You can only use this effect of "Ghostrick Swampman" once per turn.

Ghostrick Harlequin
DARK
✪✪ (Level 2)
[Spellcaster/Effect]
ATK/1300 DEF/ 400

Cannot be Normal Summoned, unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster. During your opponent's turn (Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand to the GY; choose 1 "Ghostrick" Field Spell from your hand, Deck, or GY and place it in your Field Zone or your opponent's Field Zone (your choice).

Spells (2):

Ghostrick Treat

[Quick-Play Spell]

Flip any number of face-down Defense Position monsters you control to face-up Attack Position, and then draw 1 card for each "Ghostrick" monster you flip face-up. You can only activate 1 "Ghostrick Treat" per turn.

Ghostrick Hollow

[Field Spell]

Monsters cannot attack face-down Defense Position monsters, but can attack directly if all monsters their opponent controls are face-down Defense Position. Once per turn, if the turn player Normal Summons/Sets a monster: They can Set 1 additional monster. Once per turn, during the End Phase: The turn player returns all face-up Attack Position monsters they control to the hand.

Extra Deck Monster (1):

Ghostrick Calaca
DARK
[Zombie/Link/Effect]
Link Number 1
Link Markers: ⬇ (S)
ATK/ 1000

1 Set monster

You can only Special Summon 1 "Ghostrick Calaca" once per turn. When this card is Link Summoned using a "Ghostrick" monster as material: Special Summon 1 "Ghostrick" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position or face-down Defense Postion. (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card; activate 1 of these effects.

• Change 1 face-up monster to face-down Defense Position
  • Change 1 face-down Defense Position monster to face-up Attack Position.

Design Notes:

Spoiler
  • Ghostrick Swampman: So this is to give Ghostrick a great counter to combat against the meta a little more as this thing can stop extensive plays from your opponent... While this doesn't stop Link monsters, it can prove to hinder I'd imagine.
  • Ghostrick Harlequin: So... I noticed that some of the Field Spells have a few effects that floodgate yourself from doing things (e.g. Ghostrick_Museum and Ghostrick_Parade), and I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to make something that could give your opponent the Field Spells to really slow them down while you can take advantage of the benefits the field spells give you. Also, I am sure Ghostrick miss having Metaverse at 3... So here is a compromise to that.
  • Ghostrick Treat: This is loosely generic, but ideally it gives "Ghostrick" the most benefits with draw power. And first turn triggering.
  • Ghostrick Calaca: So this would be the main play starter to the Deck... Whether it you would Special Summon Jiangshi to search or Special Summon Doll to rack up more Ghostricks. I think this would solve a lot of the main problems that some wanted me to address.

Flavor Notes:

Spoiler

So Ghostrick flavor derives from various Halloween-esque monsters... And this is more or less the flavor I came up with for the 3 monsters.

• Ghostrick Swampman: Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon
  • Ghostrick Harlequin: Harlequin This is loosely based on the harlequin and more around clowns used in pop culture horror flicks as monsters.
  • Ghostrick Calaca: Calaca While yes we do have Ghostrick_Skeleton and that may seem redundant, Ghostrick Skeleton is based off the Grim Reaper and Calaca is based off of decorative Mexican skeletons... So think there is leeway there to be another existing skeleton. If you don't believe just look up images of Calaca, they are quite vibrant in comparison.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Far from being a Ghostrick expert here but this looks like decent support and a good start.

Swampman: It doesn't specify from where it's Summoned, but I assume it's from the hand. It reacts faster than Lantern and can disrupt during the MP1 so that's a big boon.

Harlequin: Can already imagine potential artworkd for this, and it would be cute. IMO you can push it further and make it grab the Field from either player's GY as well. That way it can allow you to run some of the Fields as 1-ofs and leave deck space for other cards. Placing the Field on the opponent's side is such a tricky move, worthy of a harlequin xD

Treat: This got potential to be teched in other decks just to flip monsters up. It's a better Book of Taiyou already. But IMO not a bad thing. I have no issues with outclassing the Book, and this has the boon of being searchable by Angel, a generic Rank 4. Overall. looks solid to me.

Calaca: We thinking on possible Ghostrick support, a Link1 came to mind too, but wasn't sure if they could get away with something like Traptrix Sera, as I would say Traptrix and Ghostricks have comparable opening turns. Anyway, this is no Sera, but looks good for the archetype anyway. Pays its cost right away when using archetype monsters as material, then it can stay for the disruption or follow up with a Link2.