Sign in to follow this  
Jolly Glot

[V-Jump] Wynn the Wind Spirit Medium

The next VJump promo’s effects are revealed!

Wynn-the-Wind-Spirit-Medium.png?resize=4

Fuureibaishi Win / Wynn the Wind Spirit Medium
WIND Spellcaster / Effect
LV5 1850/1500

(This card is also always treated as a “Charmer” card.)
You can only only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) You can discard both this card and 1 WIND monster; add 1 WIND monster with 1500 or less DEF from your Deck to your hand, except “Wynn the Wind Spirit Medium”, also for the rest of this turn, you cannot activate monster effects, except the effect of WIND monsters.
(2) When a WIND monster you control is destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/paytowynn/

Sounds like a very good generic searcher, reminiscent of the Dragon Rulers in terms of the cost, though the extra discard makes disruption a bit too painful.

On the other hand, I don't think this would work with Charmers at all. It needing a WIND and sealing you into WINDs for the turn contrasts too much, and she doesn't have any on-field uses that would make her stand out over the Familiar Possessed series. In fact, the high Level means she's actually a bit worse. Didn't the Charmers Trap give them battle protection?
The discard can't really be taken advantage of by Charmer cards either, nor the battle float... I guess Gustos were more in mind for that one...

I guess this would be art directed to the Structure Deck if they had beaten Shaddolls in the poll? xD
And here we go again with a set of 6 that'll take a couple years to come out in full at the very least.....
I thought there weren't gonna be more JUMP promos after the Trish/DAD/REDMD/JD set, or is this something else?

Art is cute though. I am digging that bat familiar and it seems Petit Dragon wasn't kicked out after the "possessed" business. 

Edited by Sleepy

Is it safe to assume there will be Spirit Medium versions for the rest of the Charmers? Spirit Medium Dharc could be a blast with Dangers!, Orcusts, etc.
IDK about this card, the search range looks really good but the cost... not so much. It can combo with discard-happy WINDs like the aforementioned Gusto and maybe even Tempest the Dragon Ruler, but those are scarce. And the 2nd effect seems subpar, destruction by battle is sluggish and it doesn't have any on-field effect to take advantage of her SS. Is that effect intended to combo with Charmer cards? "Unpossessed", maybe?