Chaos Sonic

Grimm Nights [IC | PG-16 | Started | NA]

Elsie’s imagined her eyes lighting right up when she heard Alexandre’s answer. How many people had followed her? Even better, how many people had done so because she had suggested it? It wasn’t even that she’d be able to demonstrate her clear superiority to more of her compatriots -- though once she’d rested up, there was no doubt in her mind that she’d be able to do just that -- it was more that they’d seemed to have acceded to her will in the first place. “The Dragon Slayer,” as Alexandre had called that particular Jaeger (had he introduced himself? She really ought to have kept track…) coming at Elsie’s suggestion especially interested her.

Tricky, meanwhile, had come right off the aftermath of his and Elsie’s little skirmish and challenged Alexandre? To kill time? Elsie couldn’t help but gawk, though whether that was because she was impressed at Tricky’s stamina (he was floating, right? So maybe their fight just cost him zero effort?) or his bullheadedness (what was he going to do, shove Alexandre into submission? Looking like that?) she was unsure.

Either way, Elsie figured her next course of action was the same. She brought her arms over her head, stretched them out, and tried to get as much air in her lungs with each breath as she could. A few breaths like that, and, well, that was much better, wasn’t it? She didn’t feel like gasping for air at random intervals, at least, so that was nice. She even felt ready, as she picked up and mounted her broom again, to fly up and take in the current and possibly future spars that way.

“Are you sure?” Corbin said. “I mean, you’re still coming off throwing a lot of energy around. Flying around at this point definitely isn’t going to help. And if you have to come down or, Hecate-forbid, fall…”

“It’ll be fine,” Elsie said. “I’ll be fine, I mean. It’s just up and down and hovering, anyway, which is nothing, and what are the odds the down part’s going to be above something worth avoiding?” She lifted herself up into the air. “Call it a victory lap, at the very least. Allow me that much.”

Corbin sighed. “I can’t stop you,” he said.

Down below, Prince Alexandre had taken out his claws, and Elsie widened her eyes, eager to see everything from her bird’s eye view.

Robin used Alexandre's response as an opportunity to recover as much as he was able. though he certainly wouldn't be able to change shape for very long and his body seemed to lazily bounce more than float, nearly touching the ground then returning to it's usual altitude, his breathing had steadied a great deal and he was sure he could at least have a bit of fun before the so called "Dragon Slayer" arrived if he chose the right game.

"If you're ready, I'll allow you the first shot." as Alexandre readied himself Robin began scheming.

"I'm afraid a straightforward fight is simply not an option at the moment. You may have noticed my current attire is rather ill suited for combat?" he gestured to the clothing he was still barely holding against himself. "I was thinking we could do something a bit more mentally stimulating. It may seem a bit childish but would you indulge me in a game of Mirror Man?"

It most certainly was childish, in fact it was a game for children, but Robin had always loved Mirror Man. Especially if it could aid his acquiring of new names. players would face each other and take turns doing something the other had to mimic as if they were a reflection, the loser was whoever was unable to keep up. Robin had discovered that the game was rather useful for getting his way if a target could be convinced to play.

"Of course as a royal of a much larger and important kingdom than my own I'd understand if you weren't interested. After all, losing a game for kids to the likes of someone you've never heard of? it could be a bit demeaning." Robin taunted with the prodding cruelness of a young boy, it may not be effective but goading the more prepared and likely more powerful Jeager into a game of his choice was likely his only chance of winning.

Catriona had been in her room, waiting for the allotted half hour to pass before the Dragon Slayer's sparring was to begin. The whole of this place was unbearable. Only two men of interest, one the foul doctor who had tricked her and showed no sign of attraction, the other the former human who was clearly flustered around her but she could not find sufficient alone time with. This place was altogether too boring for a woman such as herself and she desperately wanted their first proper assignment to start. The sooner she was out and about in a human village the better. With her staff now in hand she set out to the appointed room, waiting outside the door for any stragglers to wander in. It would look desperate to have been early or on time even if others showed before her. Maybe the young nervous wreck of a boy or the wolf girl would show up to alleviate her boredom.

"What a dreadful organization you run Jekyll" the cat woman spoke softly to herself. "No sense of fun whatsoever, just business. Killing ghosts should be much more exciting. Why hasn't anything exploded yet." she pouted as she stood and waited.

Eventually Lachlan managed to make his slow, meandering way over to the training room. Upon seeing who was standing in front of it, though, he stopped. The cat woman. He couldn't remember her name--names were a very much human thing for him. Or, well, maybe it was a thing other Jaegers did too. For him, names weren't important. It's not like one had much use for calling out names underwater. No, better to know that that large monster with the scar on its fin was his father, and the one with the white spot near its eye was his mother.

He supposed names were more important though for more talkative species. Which, speaking of talking...

"Why hasn't anything exploded yet." The cat woman pouted as she mumbled to herself.

"Losh!" Lachlan took a step back. Ah dinnae think ah'm havering. Suir as suir ah heard the jenny ask if'n aught exploded an' how no'. This wasn't good. This was dangerous. He had thought the cat lady wasn't too bad. After all, cats were graceful, majestic, and had good taste in food, and this woman, looking to be part-cat, probably shared more than a few traits with them. But explosions? Why did she want that? Was she looking to bring down the tower around their ears?

This was dangerous. He had to get away.

"U-uh good morn, I mean good tidings to ye, lady," he stammered. "Ah-I mean I can see you're busy so uhh, I'll just uhh, not be a bother hehe," he laughed nervously. "So I'll just goo on through, that is if'n yer fine with that of course," his accent started to slip in his panic. "Sorry to disturb you, didn't mean tae bother you while yer plottin'--I mean, uhh, squatting, no, well you're more just standing so aye, didn't mean to be a bother. I didn't hear aught, so dinnae fret." Hopefully that reassured her. With that out of the way, the man opened the door to head through. He needed to tell somebody, warn them about what the cat lady was plotting. Unless he heard wrong, in which case he'd look a right numpty.

But what if he wasn't wrong?

Oh why did he have to overhear this? Now he had to figure out what to do. A true hero would stop this villain's plans, but how was he supposed to do that without accidentally touching the other in the process? Stab her with his spear? But what if he was wrong? What then? Then they'd think he was the villain. And he would be, for hurting an innocent.

For the noo, ah'll keep a calm sooch afore this jenny, an' let t'others ken whit's whit aw quiet-like.

lucine.png

"You know how to get there, right?" It wasn't that Lucine was bad with directions. It was just that she hadn't really gotten a feel for this place yet. But hopefully Wada would know more about--

"Nope! If we get lost it'll give that Lachlan fellah time to find his spear though!"

Or not. "Positive thinking! I like it!" Lachlan seemed like a clever sort. Surely he'd have no trouble finding the training room once he got his hands on his spear! For now, Lucine followed Wada's lead, trying to think of a topic she could use to strike up a conversation. Something she'd have in common with somebody she never met or knew anything about? That was a tall order. Sure, they had the same job in front of them, but their motives could have been totally different. Not to mention their methods. Well, that just meant she had to think of something all people had in common!

The first thing that came to mind was food. The first thing that came out of Lucine's mouth was "So, have you ever tried shark meat before?"

"So, what are you, then, if not a Jaeger?" Lopt asked, "You seem like you've been through a lot in your life, even though you don't look much older than me... You don't have to talk if you don't want to, but maybe you can make a new friend? I know I would appreciate having someone strong in my corner."

"Friend, huh?" Sieg repeated as he sat up straight, mulling over the words that was spoken to him. "Been awhile since I had one of those," He pondered the question presented to him. What was he? A Pseudo-Jaeger was that Eric called him, as he was no longer human, but a Jaeger was something that was naturally born, a blanket term for any number of creatures. He wasn't like that... he wasn't like them. "I don't know what I am," he admitted. "I... I was born human... grew up around other humans, made friends with humans... and then... I became... this," He motioned to himself to emphasis his point. "Like a fool, I bathed in the blood of a dragon after slaying it and became... this," There was a little more to it, but... he didn't like talking about that part. "Not human any more, but not a Jaeger. I think Eric called me a... Psudeo-Jaeger, or Artificial Jaeger...," He turned to look at Lopt. "So...," He paused awkwardly. "What kind of Jaeger are you?"

Just as he finished talking, a woman dressed in the A.R.C.H. walked out, looking over the two. "So, you here for your haircut then, Dragon Slayer?" Sieg just just nodded in response and stood up, moving over to the barber chair and plopping into the seat. The woman placed some cloth around his neck and got to work. It soon became obvious why Sieg had told people thirty minutes. It took a bit for the scissors to cut through his thick hair, and with it being so long, it was obvious they would be there for a long time.

During that time, Sieg did his best to keep the conversation going, to not miss this chance to maybe befriend someone. He wasn't sure if he could keep the conversation going, but he tried his best, not wanting to see too standoffish. He didn't know if he offended Lopt or not with his question, but hey, he was asked first. It only seemed fair that he asked the question back.

25 minutes later

By the time Sieg's haircut was finished, the hair on the floor piled high enough to reach the woman's ankles, and Sieg's hair only went down to his shoulders. The woman began to pick up the bundle of hair, humming to herself. "Looks like we'll be able to make a lot of wigs out of this haul," She exclaimed as she took them into another room. Sieg stood up, sighing as he brushed his shoulders, letting some stray hairs fall off. With the 3 minutes it took to get here and the 25 to get a haircut, he'd have 2 minutes to get to the training. Seems he would make it on time.

"Looks like it's time now...," He muttered as he headed out. He was quiet as he walked to the training area, mentally preparing himself. He had to make sure he kept his strength under control. He couldn't afford to break something, or worse, someone. Soon, he got to the arena, walking in and looking around. "Alright, let's get started," He looked around, finding Alexander. "Hey, come on, let's get started," He walked towards Alex and moved him to a relatively empty area. "Okay... I want you to hit me as hard as you can," He said as he stood up straight, leaving his arms dangling at his side, no effort being made to defend himself. "Don't hold back on my account. I promise I can take anything you can dish out,"

Edited by Saikazo

"Friend, huh?" Sieg repeated as he sat up straight. "Been awhile since I had one of those... I don't know what I am," he admitted. "I... I was born human... grew up around other humans, made friends with humans... and then... I became... this," He motioned to himself to emphasis his point. "Like a fool, I bathed in the blood of a dragon after slaying it and became... this. Not human any more, but not a Jaeger. I think Eric called me a... Psudeo-Jaeger, or Artificial Jaeger...," He turned to look at Lopt. "So...," He paused awkwardly. "What kind of Jaeger are you?"

"You're a rather honest boy, aren't you?" Lopt looked straight forward as he spoke. Certainly, this one was far more delicate than he let on earlier. More than a simple racist. "Well, as you can see by the ears on my head, I'm certainly some type of Jaeger. However, not one that humans are rather fond of, if history is anything to go by. Given that you at least were human, I hope you don't mind if I keep it a bit closer to the chest, for now. I can say that I'm rather agile, if nothing else."

Small talk ensued, Lopt able to tell that his quarry was doing his best to handle it. Had he really lacked contact in that long? Prey like this seemed like fun, but Lopt felt only sorrow for the boy. Of course, he didn't show Sieg his concern, wearing a soft smile and laughing every so often. Mayhaps the wolf girl would have been a better target. The last thing he needed was sentimentality for some human fool... but what was Jekyll thinking? Was he responsible for what happened here?

25 minutes later

"My, you have so much hair that they make wigs with it?" Lopt laughed genuinely, "I never expected that from all that clothing."

Following the dragonslayer to the training area, he simply stepped to the side and watched. After all, why would he want to play his hand out so soon? Especially when it would be more interesting to watch what everyone else was capable of... and if Jekyll was truly sending them to their deaths.

In the midst of her stewing, Catriona was almost caught off guard to hear Lachlan of all people addressing her. From his display in the meeting room, she had taken the young man for one who would be too shy to ever address her directly. But then, withdrawing entirely wasn't what he'd been doing earlier. So it was rather true to form that he blurted out words at her to try and work through his own awkwardness. Something was clearly stressing him out. Surely sparring wasn't it or Jekyll would have never recruited him. These fahlyn needed fierce jaeger warriors to be dealt with. No, the woman had an idea what it was. This was a pure boy, unable to act in the presence of the exposed female form, whatever the degree. Much as she had wanted to save the fun of breaking him for later, given how easy she knew it would be, it would certainly help her mood now before she went to play with the dragon slayer again.

"Bother me? Nonsense, boy." she said with a devious smile taking hold of her face as she turned to face Lachlan as he moved to open the door. With a practiced grace Catriona pushed some hair from off her shoulder with the hand not holding her staff. More than anything, this motion was to draw attention to her neck and chest. But this was not all this hand would get up to. Quickly it moved to lightly rest on Lachlan's shoulder before he could pass through the doorway and out of reach. "In fact it must be fate you should run into me here. You're far too anxious to get to training right now, don't you agree? Why don't I help you... relax?" she teased, placing a unique emphasis on the word relax.

Aye, goo on, nice and quiet-like, just fly on by...

"Bother me? Nonsense, boy." The cat lady smiled as she turned to face Lachlan. There was something about her smile though. It was kind of...not right, though he would be hard-pressed to say what exactly was wrong with it. She then proceeded to push her hair off her shoulder, and as Lachlan followed the motion he realized once again how little clothing this woman was actually wearing. So was she like him then, and still getting used to the idea of wearing clothes? It was kind of comforting to realize that he wasn't the only one still adjusting to human society. Still, even if she wasn't satisfied, that wasn't a good enough reason to start blowing things up either.

His thoughts froze when her hand came to rest on his shoulder. Crivenscrivenscrivenscrivenscrivens--och nae mind, isnae skin ta skin. Still, if she moved her hand...and happened to touch his face or something...it'd be all over.

"In fact it must be fate you should run into me here. You're far too anxious to get to training right now, don't you agree? Why don't I help you... relax?" there was something about the way she said that last word that made him nervous. Relax? Like, relax as in teaching him how to blow things up? Or maybe she was planning on blowing him up for overhearing what she said? Jings, he needed to do something fast!

Unfortunately, he didn't have the courage to try to brush her hand away or move away. If he tried to move the hand himself he'd be touching her skin to skin which would be risky. If he moved he ran the risk of her accidentally touching maybe his neck or something instead which was again, bare skin. So he could only hope she would just take that hand off and let him run away! He still needed to warn the others about her, after all.

"Ach, ah, nae, no, no, I'm just fine, ah'm aw relaxed-like awready see? Aye, I'm soo relaxed I dinnae need to be blown up fer a calmy doony--och! I mean, I didn't say aught, I dinnae heard aught aboot nae explosions or anything, aye swear on me--" he cut himself off. No, that'd be lying, and heroes didn't lie. Didn't the fairy tales always show what happened to those who lied? "I-I mean, aye, I might have heard you say something like that, but uhh, okay, just simmer down now. Let's uhh...not go doing anything rash, aye?" He waved his hands in a hopefully calming manner, but it more just served as something to do while trying not to panic.

"I'm afraid a straightforward fight is simply not an option at the moment. You may have noticed my current attire is rather ill suited for combat? I was thinking we could do something a bit more mentally stimulating. It may seem a bit childish but would you indulge me in a game of Mirror Man?"

Alexandre looked at the Jaeger almost with disbelief. A game? This Jaeger in particular seemed like he was obviously planning something else, but this wasn't something he was expecting in the slightest. This isn't a time for a game...I'm here to train and at least gauge where the others stand...especially if I need them to hold me back if I lose control. he thought, before noticing the Dragon Slayer walk in.

Thank the heavens!

"Hey, come on, let's get started."

"Sorry, but I'm afraid your game will have to wait until later." Alexandre nodded, moving away from Robin before standing in front of Sieg.

"Okay... I want you to hit me as hard as you can. Don't hold back on my account. I promise I can take anything you can dish out."

"Hit you as hard, as I can?" Alexandre muttered, exhaling slightly as he shifted himself back into the stance he took earlier before Robin. With another exhale, the young Jaeger lunged forward, delivering a powerful palm strike straight at Sieg's chest. It wasn't 100% everything he had...he was intentionally holding back that one part of him...

And he wasn't sure if Sieg could feel and or sense that himself.

Sieg took the punch to the chest, his eyes narrowing a little. He didn't budge from his spot, instead looking over the prince. "That's...," He paused. "Not bad, but... I expected more. Either you're holding back, or Jekyll is... well, losing his touch," He suddenly moved, punching Alexandre in the chest. It wasn't his full power, far from it, in fact, but he was sure he put enough in it to catch Alexandre off guard without hurting him too much.

Alexandre cursed silently, hearing that Sieg did indeed notice it. And he took advantage of it right there and then. A punch to his own chest was deliver and he did get caught off guard in the process. He growled slightly, holding his chest. "...you noticed. Yes...I'm holding back." he began, slowly standing up straight. "Rather, it's more or less...for me to go all out like you want...I'd have to be enraged. But I'd rather that not happen, if you don't mind."

"Yeah, no, that's fine, don't rage out," Sieg commented. "But surely you can at least hit me full force without being angry? Just take your arm back and swing,"

"I can attempt it...though the way I was taught to fight like this was scare tactics and utilizing my opponent's movements and momentum to my advantage." Alexandre explained, getting back into a stance. "The sheer brute force...that's the other side of the coin for me."

"Well, I suppose we can try that after this. I just want to get a sense of your physical strength before we move on," Sieg explained as he took his stance again, this time taking a deep breath.

Alexandre exhaled once more, before looking directly at Sieg again. With another exhale, the young Jaeger rushed towards Sieg and delivered another strike at the Dragon Slayer's chest...this time, not as a palm strike, but a fist. He made sure to put as much power as he could into his strike this time, after all...he had to make up for the other side of him.

Sieg took the hit in the chest again, this time taking a small step back as he was hit. "Hmm... not bad, not bad at all,"

Alexandre moved back slightly, exhaling slowly. "I would assume that will suffice for the time being?"

"Interesting, he was able to tell that just from one strike that the Beast was holding back."

Elsewhere, Eric Jekyll, who was now sitting in his office, watched the events unfold from a scrying orb he had on his desk. He watched both the Dragon Slayer and the Beast exchange blows as well as idle chit-chat. He let out a low chuckle, his hands beginning to have his fingers interlock with one another as he leaned back to watch.

"Question becomes...which one of these Jaegers will be the first to enrage the prince and release the Beast?" he mused, only watching the orb with anticipation.

Elsie leaned out from her broom, looking down (literally, of course, though maybe a little bit of figuratively as well) at the -- now three -- Jaegers below her. “That’s, uh, that’s the dragon slayer one, right?” she said.

“I think so,” Corbin said. “And that’s five of us now. Practically an ensemble.”

“Okay, are they going to fight?”

“It’s either that or play mirror man, I mean.”

Elsie nodded along and adjusted her posture and grip. That was- well, the lack of lumbar support wasn’t not a problem with extended broomstick rides. Magic -- like everything -- was supposed to be the solution there, but she’d forgone most of that after her fight with Tricky. She was pretty sure she wasn’t riding on fumes or anything.

As if on cue, her broomstick took a massive dip, nearly wrenching itself out of her control for a moment before she pulled it back up. Corbin had to flutter off his perch for a moment, and when he landed it was on Elsie’s shoulder. “You okay?” he said.

“I’m not talking about this. I’m fine.” Elsie waved down at the group on the ground. She was pretty sure none of them saw it, but she hoped it was a silent encouragement for them to actually start their spar.

And then Alexandre struck, and what a hit! Elsie even got a rush of adrenaline just from the sound of the impact, though what was more impressive was how the dragon slayer just stood there and took it. He didn’t even take a step back to brace himself unless Elsie had missed something. And she might have! It had left her breathless.

There didn’t seem to be much of a fight, though. It wasn’t like the dragon slayer was actually fighting back or anything. After the initial strike -- while Elsie couldn’t hear anything going on -- it looked like they just had a full conversation after that. Alexandre threw another punch and, yeah, it knocked his opponent back a little, but it was like…

“That’s it?” Elsie said. Then she said it again, but louder this time. “That’s it? Hey!” She was starting to feel her strength coming back to her, but she immediately started spending it on guiding her broom back down safely, at least to a point she was sure she was in earshot of everyone again.

“You’re just going to throw a punch and then talk about it for a bit? That’s not- that’s not why I invited everyone here, you know. I said something like, ‘Oh, if you want to come fight,’ and then I went all the way up there to get a good view and it’s like, I wouldn’t have done any of that if it was just going to be, like, a slap to the chest and that’s it.”

“Maybe don’t throw a tantrum at two people clearly physically stronger than you when you’re already spent?” Corbin said softly into Elsie’s ear. “Maybe?”

But Elsie ignored him. “Frog boy and I had this whole thing, too,” she said. “Like, there was a chase and there was fancy flying and some brilliant magic involved if say so myself.” She gestured at Tricky. “I mean, you agree with me, right?” before turning her attention back to her main issue. “I don’t know if you do any of that, but, I don’t know, this stuff?” She mimed a punch. “I know we don’t want to kill each other just yet but it seems like a waste of time, don’t you think? Your time, if not mine.”

Robin was ready for a rejection, it's not often a grown man would be interested in a silly children's game after all, but it seemed Alexandre was spared the awkwardness by the arrival of his promised sparring partner. The one Jekyll called "dragon slayer". While a bit miffed at losing the opportunity to "get to know" one of his teammates better Robin had very few objections to the interruptions. seeing the two of them go hand to hand would be much more entertaining after all.

Deciding to settle in for what he believed would be quite the match Robin mimed a reclined position in the air, one of the benefits of essentially saying no to gravity, and made himself comfortable. After all the buildup, the fancy stances and boasts of strength, he was rather disappointed by the lackluster first blow. Sure from the looks of that Alexandre fellow it should have been a powerful strike but the dragon slayer showed no signs that he had even been hit.

The two exchanged a few words before the slayer retaliated, again not very much to look at though it did make the royal move back a bit. they exchanged some more words and at this point Robin had lost nearly all interest figuring it would just go on like that. That was when the girl Elsie and her bird intervened. "You’re just going to throw a punch and then talk about it for a bit? That’s not- that’s not why I invited everyone here, you know. I said something like, ‘Oh, if you want to come fight,’ and then I went all the way up there to get a good view and it’s like, I wouldn’t have done any of that if it was just going to be, like, a slap to the chest and that’s it."

Robin couldn't help but agree with her, he'd been hoping for a show and these two were simply not meeting his expectations. That black bird of hers however seemed to disagree with her choice to speak up to the clearly more physically gifted Jeagers, something he also couldn't help but agree with given the amount of stamina she must have exhausted earlier with her troublesome magic.

The girl mentioned something about their little "sparring match", making a hurtful and unnecessary "frog boy" comment along the way, before gesturing towards the amphibian king himself "I mean, you agree with me, right?"

Robin shot up from his relaxed position now that some attention was thrown his way. "Quite right girl. If you boys are going to have a little wrestling match I suggest you go full force and get to it, at the very least make it a spectacle to watch." He looked towards the door as if checking to make sure no one else was coming so he could spare them the embarrassment "I mean you don't want your teammates to think all your capable of is some gentle shoving do you? Make it flashy for us!" He grinned that satisfied grin he got right after a human fell for one of his traps and lazily returned to his more spectator friendly pose.

Catriona could only giggle as Lachlan tried to nervously explain his blatant anxiety away. It seemed he'd overheard her muttering to herself about the lack of excitement. Had he perceived it as a threat? How adorable. Such an honest soul. It was rare among humans, never mind Jaeger. It would almost feel bad to prey upon this honesty any further and yet the cat woman was confident she wouldn't lose any sleep over it in the long run.

"You're right. Nothing rash. We'll take things... as slow. As. You. Want." she said, dragging out each of the last words and layering on her seductive tones. How many more hints she'd have to give Lachlan before he realized what was actually going on she didn't know. But this next move was one likely to break him entirely. Her hand lifted from his shoulder and moved gracefully through the air to lightly grace the side of his face. No sooner did the hand make contact with the jaegers cheek before a strange feeling overtook Catriona. She looked at the Jaeger in front her's face and found not a toy to be played with, but a man to be desired. Every feature was hiding deep and complex beauty. Every motion his body made looked like the work of a master artist. Like he'd been put together by the gods themselves. How long had it been since she'd been in this position? How long had it been since she'd found herself captivated by a man, rather than luring one in. She had to have him. Her other hand raised and forcefully gripped Lachlan's other shoulder, her hand on his face gently caressing it. Her face began drawing nearing, her lips coming together, seeking an embrace with Lachlan's. Nothing else mattered in the world as her eyes closed as the gap between them did.

As fast as the feeling came, a thought flashed into Catriona's mind that this wasn't right. Their lips were all but touching before she abruptly pulled away from Lachlan and immediately the overwhelming attraction towards him vanished. The cat jaeger looked out of breath, clearly distraught, as she looked at her hands and back to the jaeger before her. Her gaze shifted between them some until it settled on Lachlan, this time a look of contempt and anger dominating.

"What's your game?!" she demanded, nearly screaming. Before giving him time to answer she had dropped her staff and reached both hands behind her back. In the blink of an eye she had both her knives at either side of Lachlan's throat, her arms crossed in front of him to do so. "Oh I get it, you play the shy, confused boy. You trip over your own words, there's nothing dangerous about you. Then the moment a woman gets in close you work your magic on her huh? What a cute trick. Must be real nice to not have to worry about their choices! I was going to play nice with you, but I wonder what you had in mind for me." she continued, in a very distressed tone. That someone had almost taken on their terms, and manipulated the feelings of love and romance that she so valued had shook her greatly. But she relaxed some after a tense moment of silence passed. Her blades stayed fixed in place however, ever so delicately touching the skin of Lachlan's neck so as to not cut him on accident while standing ever ready to slit the throat.

"I'd choose what you say next very carefully dear. There's not many people I've met that much enjoy bleeding out." Catriona said with a devilish smile on her face.

Edited by Doggo

"You're right. Nothing rash. We'll take things... as slow. As. You. Want." As the Jaeger in front of her drew out each word, her voice seemed to turn more and more catlike, the last word coming out as little more than a purr.

This wasn't good. Oh no, oh no, this wasn't good. Either this cat lady in front of him had some sort of problem with her vocal chords or she was starting her transformation into full-on cat. Maybe in preparation to eat him. Though there was something about the way she was getting closer and batting her eyes that made him remember something else. There was a ballad he had listened to about a man who had found a fairy, and in his slumber beside her, found himself in thrall. Not so very different from his own natural powers. Was this cat lady, then, like him that way?

Lachlan didn't have time to think much more on this as soon after, the cat lady lifted her hand and brushed the side of his face gently. Her skin was soft and tender, and the first thing that crossed his mind was how, if she were human, piercing through the skin to get at the meat and fat below would be no issue at all. He wasn't much of a skin person though. His mother, on the other hand, seemed to love tearing the skin off her--

His train of thought had soon derailed though under the heavy onslaught of sheer panic. Because she was touching his skin! With her own skin!

The youth's eyes widened behind his glasses. Though right now, there was little point in wearing them. The damage had been done. Still, he had to do something, or this person would end up doing something she would later regret. That's how it always was. The spell only lasted so long as his proximity to them, or in the case of some Jaegers, their willpower and natural resistance.

First, he needed to get out of here. Sure, she probably wasn't hell bent on killing him anymore, but his life would be worth little more than two pence once the spell broke. However, he found himself held in place by the other's surprisingly strong grip. Still, since she was already in thrall, he wouldn't have to worry about accidentally touching her to break free. Deciding to do just that, he began to struggle as the other's face grew closer and closer, their lips drawing closer...

And then, just as quickly as it had started, the spell broke. The cat lady--really, he needed to find out her name. He thought she had said for somebody to call her Mommy but that couldn't actually be her real name right? Right? Anyway, she had torn herself away and if looks could kill, he'd have to look for a priest to give him his last rites.

"What's your game?!" the mom lady demanded, nearly screaming, sounding remarkably similar to an infuriated cat. Which was not good. Cats were great animals, but they were basically knives with fur when they got mad.

Losh, speak o' bartie an' he shall 'pear. Those're some grand ol' gullies there. He sweated as she brought out literal knives on both sides of his throat. She's fairly gaun her dinger, soo she has.

"Oh I get it, you play the shy, confused boy. You trip over your own words, there's nothing dangerous about you. Then the moment a woman gets in close you work your magic on her huh? What a cute trick. Must be real nice to not have to worry about their choices! I was going to play nice with you, but I wonder what you had in mind for me."

Ach, whit naow?

"I'd choose what you say next very carefully dear. There's not many people I've met that much enjoy bleeding out." The grin on her face made her look less like a cat and more like the bartie himself.

This wasn't good. If she hadn't wanted to kill him before, she certainly did now. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, and it didn't look like anybody would be able to help him out of this either. Which meant he had to save himself. Certainly, that was something a hero was supposed to do, but that was against villains! Not supposed allies who were misunderstanding you as a femme fatale...or whatever the equivalent was for men. Though maybe she was secretly a villain after all...she had talked about blowing things up, after all.

Lachlan had a feeling she wouldn't believe him even if he explained what was going on. Still, unless he wanted to attack her with his spear--which probably wouldn't succeed, given his mediocre skill with it--or transform--which probably would, but then he'd have to explain himself to Dr. Jekyll as to why the wall suddenly caved in--he had no other choice. He would have to explain.

And lord knew how well that would go. There was a reason he never stayed around for any after-rescue parties villages held for him. Talking to people...was not his strong point.

Awright, keep a calm sooch there, Lachlan. He just needed to try to explain things, that's all. Lying wouldn't be good, and would probably get him killed if the fairytales were any indication, so all he had to do was tell the truth. Aye, the truth.

But first. "Uhh...um...sure as sure I can tell ye, but er, can you put away those knives first? They're...er...making me dead uncomfortable. But uhh...anyway, yeah, so well, this is something I don't really have any control over. It's kind of like uhh, that one king in the fairytale, you know? King Midas. Everything he touched turned to gold, whether he wanted or nay. His food and drink, even his daughter turned to gold. So it's the same for me, you see? Or well, not exactly the same, but similar. Sorry if you don't see by the way, that's probably my fault. I'm not the best at explaining things," he stammered, hoping against hope she wouldn't take offense.

Lachlan lowered his voice at the next part. It wasn't that he didn't want the others to know about this, but...okay, he didn't want them to know. This "ability" of his was a point of shame. Not all kelpies had it either. Some, like his father, had one where those who touched him found they couldn't take their hands away. Others, like his mother, had a similar ability to her son's, but it only affected children. It was just Lachlan's bad luck that he had what he had.

"They don't turn to gold, but they do turn different. Whether it be a lad or a lass, they think themselves in love with me, but it's not the true love sung of in the ballads, where a hero overcomes adversity to rescue his lady love from the evil monster," his eyes turned starry at this and he began to relax slightly, lost in tales of daring do. "That's what true love is. Aye, nothing better. Through stormy skies and sunny days, these two face evil kings, wicked witches, and monstrous demons before they can finally find their own happily ever after."

His hands clenched into fists. "But this is different. It's nae the love the bards sing of, but the false love of a wicked temptress...err, tempter in my case. I suppose I could try to become a female, but I'm not sure how well that'd work, and I don't think I'd want to anyway. Err...nothing against you all, but I just don't see myself that way, you see? Or maybe not. Sorry."

Lachlan swallowed nervously. "Um...so that's why I don't like to touch people. Anyway...could you let me go? And maybe...not blow up the place either? I don't really like it here, but I don't dislike it either...not enough for that anyway. Sorry if I'm being rude, and sorry for earlier too. I really didn't mean to touch you like that. Er...be touched like that. Not that I'm saying it was your fault. I don't think it was. You didn't know. But I do think it'd be your fault if you set off an explosion. Sorry, that's just what I think is all."

Och. He probably said too much again. He really needed to learn to not run his gob like that.

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

Catriona listened intently as Lachlan began trying to explain himself. More than anything she was looking for the slightest slip in his facade. Some shred of evidence that her suspicions were correct. He'd keep trying to play dumb and innocent no doubt. But this particular angle, that he was something of a King Midas, was not the approach the woman was expecting. Rather than turn whatever he touched to gold he made people fall for him. The magic was being framed as involuntary and passive rather than intentional or predatory. A likely story but then the jaeger continued on about his idea of what proper true love was as suddenly the anger consuming the cat jaeger began subsiding. Were this all an act, Lachlan was hands down the best actor Catriona had ever met. No, it was a much simpler, and therefore more likely, story that this was all the honest truth. His rambling continued with thoughts of shapeshifting into a woman and asking her not to blow things up. Perhaps one of the deepest sighs of her life escaped Catriona's lips as she withdrew her daggers from Lachlan's neck. With a practiced precision and grace she spun the weapons in her hand a few times before stowing them away on her back again in the blink of an eye.

"You really need to work on your explanations. I'd hate to see you get in trouble just because you ran into someone less patient than me." she eventually replied after attempting to process all the words Lachlan had bombarded her with. As she spoke she bent down to retrieve her staff. Normally this would be an opportunity to draw attention to specific parts of her body but this time the extra effort was skipped in favor of efficiency. She still appeared irritated but if she was still angry the fires were smoldering rather than raging at this point. "You were going to do some training weren't you?" she asked as she poked the end of her staff into the man to prod him forward through the doorway their confrontation had been occupying.

"Go work up a good sweat for me and maybe I'll decide against exploding the place. Sound fair?" Catriona stated, some of her mischievous energy returning to her. She hadn't seen fit to sort out what Lachlan had clearly overheard her mumbling to herself. Better to keep everyone guessing as to what she could actually do. "Oh and, of course, if you ever tell anyone what happened here I'll have to practice my knot tying skills on your intestines." she added with the most wide and fake smile she could muster; a flick of her tail and twitch of her tail accented the whole affair.

As the two were walking, trying to find the arena, Lucine asked him a question. "So, have you ever tried shark meat before?"

Wada stopped in his tracks, turning back around to face Lucine. His face was struck with bewilderment as he spoke. "What's a "Shark"...?" He asked softly, trying to imagine what she was talking about. The two of them kept walking as they continued to talk.

Lucine found herself just as bewildered as Wada as he asked her what a shark was. Had this boy never been to the ocean before? The wolf girl paused, trying to think of how to describe these fantastic-tasting creatures to Wada. Her hands went up as if to start explaining... then back down again. Another pause. Then her hands went up again, staying up this time. "They're like fish. But a lot bigger, and with these big sharp teeth!" Lucine pulled back the corner of her mouth to reveal her own pearly whites, pointing at the dangerously sharp among them. "Like these, but thinner."

Releasing her mouth from her grip, Lucine made a motion like she was chopping something up on a cutting board, continuing "And you can cut 'em up and cook them like any other fish. Their meat is the best stuff you'll find out at sea! But, it's dangerous to get your hands on it. They've got the teeth and swim really fast; a shark could probably chomp you in half if you aren't careful! And their skin is really rough, and can cut you up real bad if you're not careful handling them. So you should leave catching them to someone with experience. Like me!"

"Hmm..." Wada said, placing his hand on his chin. His eyes lit up, as he pointed to the sky. "Oh, so like a Fish Bear!" He exclaimed proudly, before shuddering. "That sounds terrifying!"

"They aren't that scary," Lucine reassured. "They don't give anyone trouble unless you mess with them. So just leave them be and you'll be fine."

"Oh... just like actual bears!" He said with a wide grin. "These 'Shark' things sounds so cool... I can't wait to see one when we're out there adventuring!"

Eventually, through sheer luck, they managed to stumble on their way to the Arena, to find it pack with a bunch of his new colleagues. "I guess everyone else came here to train too, huh?" He said, grinning. "We should go find Lachlan. He should be here by now..."

"I would assume that will suffice for the time being?" To be honest, Sieg didn't know. He talked big about helping out, but... he didn't actually know how to train people. Right now, he was trying to prioritize his protection targets, and Alex here managed to get himself off the "absolutely helpless" list and onto the "should be able to handle himself" one instead.

"Sure, I suppose that's---,"

“That’s it? Hey!” Sieg sighed to himself as he heard a voice call out to them. “You’re just going to throw a punch and then talk about it for a bit? That’s not- that’s not why I invited everyone here, you know. I said something like, ‘Oh, if you want to come fight,’ and then I went all the way up there to get a good view and it’s like, I wouldn’t have done any of that if it was just going to be, like, a slap to the chest and that’s it.”

The bird began to whisper into the girl's ear, perhaps to tell her what to say next. He really couldn't figure out what kind of Jaeger they were. “Frog boy and I had this whole thing, too,” she said. “Like, there was a chase and there was fancy flying and some brilliant magic involved if say so myself.” She gestured at Tricky. “I mean, you agree with me, right? I don’t know if you do any of that, but, I don’t know, this stuff?” She mimed a punch. “I know we don’t want to kill each other just yet but it seems like a waste of time, don’t you think? Your time, if not mine.”

"Quite right girl. If you boys are going to have a little wrestling match I suggest you go full force and get to it, at the very least make it a spectacle to watch. I mean you don't want your teammates to think all your capable of is some gentle shoving do you? Make it flashy for us!"

Sieg sighed, rubbing the back of his head with his right hand. "Sorry...," He apologized softly. "I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. My power's hard to control, so I had to make sure I knew Alex's limits before I did anything too flashy. But... if it's flashy training you all want...," He walked behind Alex.

Training Begins

"Then flashy training all three of you shall receive," He then gave the beast a forceful shove, pushing him back towards Robin. The dragon slayer then took a stance, spreading out both his legs, placing one hand in front of his forehead and the other in front of his waist. He took a deep breath, beginning to trace a large circle in front of him until his hands switched positions. As he did, his hands began to glow, and a sort of large energy ball formed in the very center of the circle. The energy itself looked wild and unrefined, like it was trying to escape from Sieg's grasp and let loose in the entire room.

Sieg gritted his teeth and began to bring his hands closer to each other, slowly but surely compressing the energy into a basketball sized sphere of crackling energy. The dragon slayer found himself wishing he had brought his sword this time, as it was easier for him to channel energy through it, but he would have to work with what he had.

"Dragon's Cannon!" he yelled as he thrust his hands forwards, firing the ball with such force that there was a blast of wind from the attack's launch. As the energy ball flew through the air, Sieg took another breath of air, this time focusing his energy into his legs. He crouched down, and then took off like rocket, leaping into the air high enough that his head scraped against the ceiling, leaving a dent in the floor. He soon fell back towards the ground, arms raised above his head, ready to slam them into the ground the moment he landed.

Time to see who needed protected.

Alexandre was quite pleased at first on what was going on between himself and Sieg with this bit of training. That was, until this almost screech of disappointment from one of the other Jaegers took him by surprise. By screech, it didn't mean that Elsie was literally screeching at him, but rather that it seemed similar to that regard...it was no offense to her whatsoever, but this seemed to be one of those moments where it really didn't need to be had. He was already getting irritated from this...

“That’s it? Hey! You’re just going to throw a punch and then talk about it for a bit? That’s not- that’s not why I invited everyone here, you know. I said something like, ‘Oh, if you want to come fight,’ and then I went all the way up there to get a good view and it’s like, I wouldn’t have done any of that if it was just going to be, like, a slap to the chest and that’s it. Frog boy and I had this whole thing, too. Like, there was a chase and there was fancy flying and some brilliant magic involved if say so myself. I mean, you agree with me, right? I don’t know if you do any of that, but, I don’t know, this stuff? I know we don’t want to kill each other just yet but it seems like a waste of time, don’t you think? Your time, if not mine.”

"...you don't get it." Alexandre began, beginning to slowly look in the direction of Elsie, his fist beginning to clench slowly. "I want to see...how far I can go without using th-..."

"Quite right girl. If you boys are going to have a little wrestling match I suggest you go full force and get to it, at the very least make it a spectacle to watch. I mean you don't want your teammates to think all your capable of is some gentle shoving do you? Make it flashy for us!"

The young Jaeger began to get a bit more irritated, his fist clenching a bit tighter now. "...don't...provoke me...you don't know what's really lying beneath the surface." he began to growl deeply. However, he saw Sieg approach him and the three almost immediately, hoping he'd be able to diffuse the situation. Oh how wrong he was...

"Sorry...,I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding. My power's hard to control, so I had to make sure I knew Alex's limits before I did anything too flashy. But... if it's flashy training you all want... Then flashy training all three of you shall receive!"

Without so much of another word, Alexandre felt Sieg pushing him back forcefully towards Robin, seeing him getting into a stance almost as quickly. "...what the hell was that, huh?!" he asked a bit harsher, getting pretty peeved at this point. Between the witch and this little changling frog thing...and now the Dragon Slayer knocking him back some, this was all just beginning to piss him off.

"Dragon's Cannon!"

Alexandre's eyes went wide as he watched Sieg launching a ball of energy towards them. He began to curse a bit, as he did his best to keep his surroundings checked. That's when he noticed something...Sieg wasn't behind where the ball was anymore...only a dent was. He took his eyes and began to survey the area, before taking a quick notice at the area above them. His eyes widened again as he watched the Dragon Slayer falling at an alarming rate towards them...prepared to slam them. "Damnit..." he scoffed, before glancing over and grabbing Robin's arm and yanking him a bit and launching him in the direction of Elsie. "You two...MOVE!!" he roared, doing his best to dodge the attacks...though he figured he'd be hit by one.

Damnit! ...I'm going to have to use it right now...aren't I? ...fine...guess I'd have to let it out eventually...

“You don’t know what’s really lying beneath the surface,” Alexandre said.

He said it like she was supposed to regret provoking him. She didn’t regret it. Of course she didn’t, how could she? What followed really was all she could have hoped for. The Dragon Slayer himself even said, “If it’s flashy training you want…” and then immediately started delivering on that promise. Even if Alexandre expressed his doubts, what did Elsie care? She watched as the fight began anew, first with a shove (okay, maybe the fireworks didn’t start right away), before, well, how could she describe it?

The dragon slayer’s ball of energy overwhelmed the senses. It was blinding, deafening, Elsie even experienced some sort of indescribable smell and yet she kept looking with rapt attention. Her mouth was agape, some sort of mix between elation and awe. 

“At least move up a little,” Corbin said. Whatever. Elsie kept watching on, keeping her broom where it was even as the Dragon Slayer let out a mighty shout and sent the ball careening forward. Oh yes, this was good. This was very good.

“Elsie! Up!”

“You two, move!”

Corbin and Alexandre’s shouts, made practically at the same time, were what finally broke Elsie from her trance. She didn’t even have time to reassess the situation, her reflexes took over and she pulled her broom up, high into the air, out of the way of the “dragon cannon” or whatever he called it and anything else Elsie figured he could throw at- “Wait, where’d he go?” Elsie said. “Shouldn’t he be where that just came from?”

It was only after she’d scanned the entire arena floor that Elsie looked up to see the Dragon Slayer on the same horizontal plane as her. He didn’t have a broom, of course, but her eyes widened all the same at the feat, and she started tracking his descent as he came crashing down to earth.

Now that she was once again safely out of immediate danger, Elsie took comfort in her position as an onlooker. She looked back down at Alexandre, who from this high up looked oh so small, and said, “I can take care of myself, thanks!”

Despite Corbin’s protestations, she also couldn’t help but add, “But you said I don’t know something. You going to keep us in suspense, then, or what?”

"You really need to work on your explanations. I'd hate to see you get in trouble just because you ran into someone less patient than me." Miss "Mom" Jaeger replied after withdrawing her daggers, bending down to retrieve her staff. She still looked a little scary, but not nearly as scary as she had before, so that was good. "You were going to do some training weren't you?" she asked as Lachlan felt something hard poke him in the back. Wincing a little, he stumbled forward, catching himself at the last minute. Glancing back, he saw she was in the middle of prodding him forward. Pouting a little--he wasn't a cow--he forced his feet to move, hoping against hope he wouldn't see Lucine or Wada.

Unfortunately, it looked like they had already arrived. Either they arrived before him or they passed him while he was busy "dealing with" the cat lady. More bein' dealt wae.

The cat lady's voice brought him back to earth. "Go work up a good sweat for me and maybe I'll decide against exploding the place. Sound fair?" She grinned. "Oh and, of course, if you ever tell anyone what happened here I'll have to practice my knot tying skills on your intestines." She added with a wide grin, an ear twitching as her tail flicked behind her.

Ach, just whit ah need, Lachlan sweated. "Nae--no, no, ye don't need to worry aught about me...hehe." Great, now he had to spar, didn't he? "And don't you fret, I'll make sure to keep mum...ah...hahaha." He backed away from her slowly. As he continued backing into the room, he felt the hairs on the back of his neck raise for some reason. Frowning, he glanced around--and then froze, wide-eyed.

There was a blast of light. Coming straight. For. Him.

It was too late to do anything about it though as before he could even do more beyond think oh shite the blast had already reached him. The force of it not only knocked him off his feet, but also sent him hurtling toward the far wall. As his head cracked against the wall he could only hope that it would be able to take the abuse...and him too.

"Ach...Losh..." Lachlan muttered. He felt like one big ball of pain, and was that blood? Was he bleeding too? "Whit in the name o' aw that's holy wis tha'?!" Had the cat lady gone back on her words about the explosion? Is that what happened? Wait till he let down his guard and then attack? Well he wouldn't let her get away with that. Taking up his spear, he searched the room for her. Upon seeing her, he started to march toward her--and then fell over. "Och..." he groaned. "That was a daud of a blow right there." It was apparent that he needed some time to catch his breath and recover before he even tried fighting back.

Should ah goo hairse? Lachlan wondered. His other form wouldn't fit here, after all. Either way, he needed to do something. They were all in danger now, especially if that mom lady wasn't acting alone.

lucine.png

"I guess everyone else came here to train too, huh? We should go find Lachlan. He should be here by now..."

"He should be, buuuut..." counting off the heads of the others gathered in the training room, having trouble spotting Lachlan. When suddenly, he entered the room in the company of that cat lady! And then he got blasted by some sort of magical attack! What a chain of events! "I think we found him." Today must not have been Lachlan's lucky day or something. Best to get him away from all this other action. He had action of his own to worry about, after all! Like fighting the person who had actually asked for a fight! "Heeeey! Lachlaaan!" Waving him down to grab his attention, Lucine gestured in a direction away from the fight and toward herself and Wada.

It seemed to be working, because he found the two no problem, though he did fall over upon making it.

"Och... that was a daud of a blow right there."

"It looked pretty nasty," Lucine agreed. She looked over Lachlan's body, checking for any signs of a super serious injury. Fighting a crippled opponent would be no fun after all! He probably had to catch his breath, but otherwise seemed just fine. That was fine, then. She didn't mind just a teensy bit more waiting. Besides, it was important to do some stretches before a good fight. So Lucine passed the time by doing precisely that.

"So how this'll go is, I want both of you to come at me with everything you've got," Lucine smiled. "I'm a tough girl, so don't worry about hurting me too bad. And if I win, you can say you ganged up on a girl and still lost! Ahahaha!"

A lot seemed to happen at once. the dragon slayer, thanks to the "encouragement" Robin and Elsie had given, decided to fire some sort of energy blast at them and the royal, Robin was then shoved away from the on coming attack by said royal, which he somewhat appreciated, while the one with glasses walked straight into it. it seemed a flashy fight was indeed what he'd been given.

"This room is getting a bit crowded." he thought while trying to get a good look at all the commotion. "What to do now . . ." The dragon slayer crashed to the ground, it seemed that blast of his was some sort of distraction while he leaped to the air. A rather good move in Robin's opinion. "I don't seem to be making as much progress as I'd hoped." Lucine, that girl with the wolf ears, was talking with the glasses and Wada fellow, he'd yet to have a worthwhile introduction with those three but it was hard to form a plan of action with all the chaos around him. "Royal did say something about losing control, it could be fun to see what that's all about."

Robin watched the dragon slayer, he was preoccupied with his opponent, as was the witch it seemed. Sure that the remaining Jeagers hadn't even seen him yet Robin let a single thought consume his mind, a name that was dear to him and the one he was most practiced with. He began shrinking in stature, his auburn locks receded into his scalp to reveal bright yellow eyes with black slits for pupils while his skin shifted in tone to a delightful pale green. Soon enough the king of frogs crawled out of his cloths as one of his subjects, though he was almost unnaturally large for a frog none in the room would notice him without looking towards the ground.

"Let's see how we can pester him." the Robin-frog hopped towards the dueling pair with alarming speed and shot his tongue like a fist at the distracted Alexandre. "Tag."

No sooner had the cat jaeger pushed Lachlan along into the room to join the others did Catriona notice a stray blast heading their way. Of course, she had the benefit of already keeping her acquaintance her staff's length in front of her. And she was a bit faster on the uptake it would seem as the poor boy took the brunt of it while she dipped out of the way and further into the room with the grace one would expect of her. As the dust settled and the infatuation curse holder scrambled back to his feet only to fall over again, Catriona couldn't help but laugh softly to herself at the whole situation. The little pup was here and seemed to be intent on fighting him. That almost sounded like everything she could have wanted to see but then again the Dragon Slayer was in the room. He seemed to be the source of the blast from earlier and she couldn't help but curl a strand of her hair and shoot him a flirtatious look for a moment. Not too long of course, she needed to keep the man on his toes. There was just a bit too much going on here but maybe she could multitask. Just being around the Dragon Slayer was enough to bother him so for now she had lover boy and the wolf to mess with some more.

"Puppies acting tough is always adorable." Catriona jested as she prowled around the perimeter taking everything in the room in. Knowing what she did of Lachlan's abilities, she had to wonder how Lucine intended on fighting him. Unless she had some sort of weapon on her, things were about to get particularly interesting. "Maybe I'll tag in when things get too tough." she added with a crooked smile, but it was unclear who she aimed that of the three immediately about to get to sparring. All she wanted to do was cause chaos among the group but there was a good chance she didn't need to intervene. All the while she'd be sure to stare the Dragon Slayer's way every so often, just to see she was distracting him from the task at hand.

This day had just not started off well at all. First that godforsaken alarm clock, then learning that he has to work together with a bunch of other Jaegers, which meant possible skin contact, which was a no-no. Then almost getting killed by a crazy lady with knives and explosions, and then actually getting blasted by an explosion! And he may or may not have to pay for any damages his head made to the wall, never mind the damage his head took.

"It looked pretty nasty," the dog girl acknowledged as she checked him for further injuries.

"It was," Lachlan sighed, rubbing the back of his head. Weel, if'n there's wan guid thing aboot aw this, it's tha' ah have a guid excuse tae avoid a ficht. Or, at least, that's what he had thought, but the dog girl had other plans. After she had waved him toward herself and Wada, she had then proceeded to not only do stretches, but also bring up some sort of battle plan...or sparring plan. Whatever the word was for whatever the heck this was supposed to be.

"So how this'll go is, I want both of you to come at me with everything you've got. I'm a tough girl, so don't worry about hurting me too bad. And if I win, you can say you ganged up on a girl and still lost! Ahahaha!"

"Err...begging your pardon and all, but, uhh, did you say...you still want us to fight?" Lachlan reeeaaally really hoped that that wasn't the case. After all, that giant light blast had hurt like the dickens. So, if he had a choice, he would rather say that, aye, he really should sit this one out.

"Puppies acting tough is always adorable." The cat lady said from the side. "Maybe I'll tag in when things get too tough." she added with a crooked smile.

"Oh, hehe, tag in? Haha, what a joke, hahaha..." Lachlan's laugh trailed off as he realized that she was serious. "Oh, nae, no, I don't think that's a verra, I mean, very good idea. No, not at all." If'n that biddy joins, then ah may'swell say mah prayers naow. Tho ah dinnae ken if'n t'wairds o'a Jaeger wuid be heard. He really wasn't too keen on dealing with another explosion. As he backed away from the cat lady nervously--making sure he wouldn't bump into anybody while doing so, he got an idea. And was just as quick to act on it too.

"Wait, I know! I'm injured," he rubbed his head with a bit more exaggerated care than he actually felt. "Way too injured to fight, so very sorry about that. But I'm not the only Jaeger here, no, we have this one too," he waved his hands toward the Mom lady. "I know I said it was a bad idea, but that was only because I'm so very injured, aye." He nodded eagerly. "Too injured to fight," he repeated. "Way too injured. Again, sorry about that, nothing against you, I'm sure you'd be a tough opponent, but at least you have this one here...err, what was your name again?" he asked, turning toward the cat woman. "Sorry about that. Not saying you have a forgettable name or anything, err, I probably just misheard, or didn't catch it, yes. Unless it's actually Mommy, in which case, I'm sorry, uhh, Mommy? But, just in case it isn't, that's all. Unless you don't want to say it, then that's my bad, I don't mean to, err, put you on the spot." He laughed nervously.

"Anyway," Lachlan turned back to the dog girl and Wada, "I uhh, just think that, you know, plenty of fish in the lake and all, there are a lot of other Jaegers you can fight, and I think Mommy here is probably, no definitely, really really strong." He rubbed his throat for a second. It almost felt as if the knives were back, resting against his skin. Then he winced, remembering just then he'd said he'd keep his gob shut about what happened. Well, he didn't actually say what happened, but he'd implied she was dangerous? Which was the same as saying it, right? Which meant he was in trouble. Shite. "So uhh, yeah, look no further."

Maybe, if Lachlan was lucky, the other two could keep this dangerous one distracted, while he went to look for either Dr. Jekyll or somebody who might be able to handle an explosives expert. Maybe the Dragon Slayer. Aye, that was an idea. He didn't know where Dr. Jekyll was, but he was sure he'd caught a glimpse of the Dragon Slayer. He might be able to help against that accomplice too, the one that had fired off that large beam of power.

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

lucine.png

"Puppies acting tough is always adorable. Maybe I'll tag in when things get too tough."

"Wait, I know! I'm injured. Way too injured to fight, so very sorry about that. But I'm not the only Jaeger here, no, we have this one too. I know I said it was a bad idea, but that was only because I'm so very injured, aye. Too injured to fight. Way too injured."

Lucine listened with a growing look of disappointment on her face as Lachlan went on about why he wasn't able to fight. Magical attacks could be a lot more than they looked like, so if he was that insistent on it... "Awww, you sure? Okay then," Lucine sighed. She looked back and forth between Wada and the cat. Come to think of it, cat rhymed with rat. Maybe a coincidence? But with Lachlan gone, this was going to either be a 1v1 battle, or Lucine was up against someone who she hadn't gotten any sort of read on for how they fight in addition to Wada. Not ideal, but especially if it was just a training match, Lucine was sure she could handle herself.

"Guess it's just us then. When I say go, we start fighting until somebody taps out, okay? And remember, don't hold back. ReadysetGO!"

BGM

Without missing a beat, Lucine lunged at Wada, angling herself to pass right by him with her arm out, ready to clothesline her opponent first thing in the sparring match.