Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Seems too casual to me. Whatever it doesn't destroy by battle is smaller, and then will trigger the monster swap, but it cannot even attack and consequently steal bigger monsters because it's not indestructible by battle itself. I guess it's only good for stealing battle walls like Marshmallon and the like, but those have long been powercrept, or valuable monsters in DEF Position but said monsters are Summoned in that Position except a handful like Balerdroch, and Vortex Dragon and maybe Dawn Dragster when going first. At least give it 2500 ATK for EEV xD

I don't know what its ATK was before. But now it looks okay. I think it's neat. Reminds me sort of Muscle Medic. It joins the ranks of Muscle Medic, that one sheep monster, Giant Kozaki, Tardy Orc, and Chainsaw Insect. Level 4 monsters with more than 2000 ATK, but a caveat in some shape or form. Whether your opponent benefits or whether you suffer more. And this one has the most tame in comparison (well, tame for you that is). If it can't inflict battle damage, the least you could do is trade it for an enemy boss monster. Just attach some sort of protection to it though so it doesn't die, like Moon Mirror Shield or something.

It was 2400 ATK originally, so not that much of a difference. Moon Mirror Shield sounds amusing but note the opponent takes the equipped monster to threat you back. Best case scenario would be stealing monsters with effects that can get rid of it.

1 hour ago, Darj said:

It was 2400 ATK originally, so not that much of a difference. Moon Mirror Shield sounds amusing but note the opponent takes the equipped monster to threat you back. Best case scenario would be stealing monsters with effects that can get rid of it.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is a perspective ruling with equip spells that may apply more pleasantly to this scenario than you think.

You see...  The equipped monster has to battle "YOUR opponent's monsters" to trigger your Moon Mirror Shield... So it would be battling your monsters instead once it changes control, henceforth, the effect of Moon Mirror Shield doesn't apply and you can just attack over it with a bigger monster (perhaps even the one you just stole from them).

Edited by BGMキャノン

3 hours ago, BGMキャノン said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think there is a perspective ruling with equip spells that may apply more pleasantly to this scenario than you think.

You see...  The equipped monster has to battle "YOUR opponent's monsters" to trigger your Moon Mirror Shield... So it would be battling your monsters instead once it changes control, henceforth, the effect of Moon Mirror Shield doesn't apply and you can just attack over it with a bigger monster (perhaps even the one you just stole from them).

Couldn't that cause some sort of loop, then? You attack with Tarantula, swap the monsters, attack Tarantula with the stolen monster, swap again, rinse and repeat until the opponent loses by battle damage. IDK if monsters can only attack OPT even their control changes repeatedly during the BP.

4 hours ago, Darj said:

Couldn't that cause some sort of loop, then? You attack with Tarantula, swap the monsters, attack Tarantula with the stolen monster, swap again, rinse and repeat until the opponent loses by battle damage. IDK if monsters can only attack OPT even their control changes repeatedly during the BP.

Not what I meant...

Another ruling obscure yet fundamental ruling I should mention is that Equip Spells don't change control if the equipped monster changes control. So how the effect of the Equip Spell applies is still based from your perspective only: Moon Mirror Shield won't activate at all if it battles YOUR monsters, and not your opponents.

Here I'll just show an example of what I am trying to say:

Tartantula w/ Moon Mirror Shield (2500/0) attacks Blue-Eyes White Dragon (3000/2500)

Moon Mirror Shield effect triggers Tarantula ATK becomes 3100, then inflicts 100 battle damage

Tartantula switches control with Blue Eyes, but Moon Mirror Shield stays in your Spell & Trap Zone

Blue Eyes attacks Tarantula, but Moon Mirror Shield doesn't trigger because Blue Eyes is now Your monster (by control)

Blue Eyes inflicts 500 damage and destroys Tarantula

Edited by BGMキャノン

I picture this as a sort of beefier updated art of Jirai Gumo, and I very much approve of that notion if it were to be like that xD

2500 ATK Level 4 even back in the DM era would be ok considering it cannot destroy monsters by battle and couldn't steal monsters away unless you flipped a Waboku on them. Well, back then it would have needed you to be the attacker instead of whenever it battles...

On its own seems like those cards that sound better at first sight than they actually perform in practice, especially considering your opponent can now be the one to swap. Not that they'd be prepared to combo the needed cards to have it survive and perform against bigger bodies I suppose.

If it is deemed a bit casual, let me throw out a random idea of a yet still casual "buff" that just occurred to me: What if the effect was "during the battle phase (quick effect): switch control of this card and all monsters it has battled in this battle phase." So like, you could do battle mania + waboku and steal the whole field, or at the very least other casual cards used with it reward the setup more than just a creature swap that needs aid to function vs bigger bodies.