Sign in to follow this  
Truffle Shuffle

Performance of the Garma Sword (Ritual Pendulum Monster)

34Pohyw

Performance of the Garma Sword

DARK | ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ | Warrior/Ritual/Pendulum/Effect | <6>
2550 ATK | 1850 DEF
Effect: Once per turn: You can send 1 Ritual Spell or Ritual Monster from your hand to the GY; Negate the effects of all monsters Special Summoned after this effect's activation until your opponent's next End Phase. If this card you control would be destroyed: You can banish 1 Ritual Spell or Ritual Monster from your hand, Deck or GY instead.
Pendulum Effect: This card can Ritual Summon itself from the Pendulum Zone. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 7 or more.

This was an idea I had in mind for a while. Originally I was just going to make a Fusion/Pendulum that had to be made from the old Performance of the Sword and Garma Sword, but Garma Sword is a rare piece of cardboard in this day and age, going for over $100 on ebay, etc. Really took the wind out of my sails. So instead she's more of a retrained Ritual of both the original cards, with the design being as if the Performance of the Sword/Commencement Dance girl is performing the Garma Sword Oath, etc. The reason I'm putting her here in Experimental instead of Singles is because A) As far as I know there has never been a Ritual Pendulum before so I'm not really sure how far I can take the "Ritual Summons itself" idea, and B) I really didn't know what to do for her effect. Any help would be appreciated.

You can post it in the regular CC section IMO. Ritual Pendulums may not have precedence but it's not that much of an unrealistic concept, IMO. The only weird thing I see here is the "Ritual Summon itself" effect, but that can be solved with a more proper wording. I would go for something like:
Tribute monsters from your hand or field whose total Levels equal 7 or more, then Ritual Summon 1 "Performance of the Garma Sword" from your Pendulum Zone.

You can even make the effect more flexible by including the hand.

As for the monster effect, the protection seems too strong because it gives the monster so many lives depending on how many Ritual Spells/Monsters you run, also the first effect is unclear and I see different interpretations:
1. All monsters Special Summoned between the activation of this effect and the opponent's next EP have their effects negated, permanently.
2. All monsters Special Summoned after this effect's activation have their effects negated, but the negation wears off at the opponent's next EP. Inherently, monsters Special Summoned after that EP won't be affected by the negation.
3. Maybe you intended for a combination of both, where it negates all monster Special Summoned between the effect's activation and the opponent's next EP, and for the negation to only last until said opponent's EP.
Depending on your intent, I can suggest a text fix for the effect.
Those issues aside, the effects look fine to me. Not sure what you mean with not knowing what to do with the effect. If you mean looking for a more flavorful effect, well that's tough since neither Performance nor Garma have effects to tie them with.

Edited by Darj

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By |0P|
      Once again in the mood to share my ideas, this time the somewhat incomplete "Zaparticle" Archtype, a group of Thunder monsters that like to either have empty zones between them or a sequence of monsters whose combined Level is 0 to make their spell/traps and ED monsters more powerful, all loosely based on the idea of positive/negative ions. it uses my (very unoriginal) concepts of "Negative" monsters (monsters whose level is a negative value) and my iteration of Trap Pendulums (seen here: 
      The Monsters
          The strategy primarily revolves around using the effects of the three pendulum monsters to easily swarm the field, after which they can be used as both link materials and tribute fodder for you link monster's effects.

"Once per turn, If you have a Thunder-Type monster in your other Pendulum Zone, you can draw one card for each empty zone between (exclusive) this card and that monster."
      "If you control a face-up Thunder-Type Negative Monster you can Special Summon this card to a zone adjacent to that monster."

"Once per turn, If you have a Thunder-Type monster in your other Pendulum Zone, you can target one card on the field; return that card to it's owners Hand. You cannot Pendulum Summon except "Zaparticle" Monsters. (this cards Pendulum Scales is always treated as -2)."
      "If you control a face-up Thunder-Type Monster with a positive Level you can Special Summon this card to a zone adjacent to that monster. This cards Level is always treated as -1."

"Target two Thunder-Type Monsters you control whose combined Levels equals 0, monsters you control in zones between those targets cannot be removed from the field until the Endphase, then you can Pendulum Summon Thunder-Type monsters. This cards Pendulum Scale is always treated as the scale of the monster in your other Pendulum Zone x-1."
      "Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. If you control Thunder-Type monsters whose combined Levels equals 0 you can Special Summon this card from your Hand."
          The Link monsters, with the exception of Collida, each have effects revolving around the level of monsters you tribute for their effects or summon.

"1 Thunder-Type monsters
      You can also Link Summon this card by discarding one "Zaparticle Prota" and "Zaparticle Electra", if Link Summoned this way you can, immediately after this effect resolves, Link Summon one "Zaparticle" monster from your Extra Deck using this card and other "Zaparticle" monsters you control. Once per turn you can tribute this Link Summoned monster (quick effect); Special Summon up to three monsters from your Hand, GY, or faceup from your Extra Deck whose combined Levels equals 0. You can only Link Summon one "Zaparticle Collida" per turn."

"2 Thunder-Type Monsters
      This card and any monster it is used as a Link Material for the summon of gains the following effects based on the level of "Zaparticle Monsters used as Materials for this card's Link Summon;
      ● -1 or lower: This card is immune to Spell Cards/Effects.
      ● 0: When this card is summoned destroy cards on the field equal to the number of empty zonesthis card points to.
      ● 1 or higher: This card is immune to trap cards/effects."

"3 Thunder-Type monsters
      If you control a Negative Monster and a monster with a positive Level you can move this card to a main monster zone between those monsters. Once per turn you can tribute a monster linked to this card, add one "Zaparticle" Spell or Trap card from your Deck to your Hand."
      image has an error, Reactor Dragon's ATK is 2800

"2+ Thunder-Type and/or Negative Monsters
      Once per turn you can tribute a monster linked to this card, activate the appropriate effect based on that monsters Level;
      ● -1 or lower: this card can attack all monsters with a positive Level your opponent controls during your next battlephase.
      ●0: add monsters from your Deck or face-up from your Extra Deck to your Hand whose combined Levels equals 0.
      ●1 or higher: Special Summon one Thunder-Type Monster from your GY or Face-up from your Extra Deck to a zone this card points to."
      The Spells/Traps
      I currently don't have images for the few spells/traps I have made.
      Ionized Zaparticles
      Quickplay
      "Discard one card then target two Thunder-Type Monsters you control whose combined Levels equals 0; Special Summon as many "Zaparticle Ion Token" (Thunder/LIGHT/Level 0/ATK 0/DEF 0) as possible to Monster Zones between those targeted monsters."
      Zaparticle Inversion
      Normal
      "Target one Thunder-Type monster you control; it's Level becomes equal to it's original Level x-1."
      Zaparticle Barrier
      Continuous
      "Face-up Thunder-Type monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or your opponents card effects. Destroy this card if the combined Levels of monsters you control is not 0."
      Charged Zaparticles
      Normal
      "Target all "Zaparticle" monsters you control in zones adjacent to each other whose combined Levels equals 0; Those monsters gain 500 ATK for each targeted monster until the Endphase."
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Cyber Jammer
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      EARTH Warrior/Effect
      ATK 2000, DEF 2400
      If a Fairy or Warrior monster made a direct attack this Battle Phase, you can (Quick Effect) reveal this card in your hand: Normal Summon 1 monster OR Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Jammer" once per turn.

I hope you weren't expecting a Cyber Dragon card! The Cyber Girls are a group of mostly-EARTH Warrior monsters also originating from Yugioh GX that really never took off the way their successors, the Cyber Angels, eventually would. I felt like making one of my own to at least relate to what most of their effects did as several of the Cyber Girls have effects relating to direct attacks and their boss monster, Cyber Blader, happens to be a Fusion Monster. The Cyber Girls all have something to do with female sports or athletics, so for this one I felt like going with roller derby since I haven't really seen that used as an aesthetic for anything in the game to the best of my knowledge. Enjoy!
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Angelfood
      ⭐⭐⭐ LIGHT FIend/Effect
      ATK 1000 | DEF 1800
      If this card is sent from the hand or field to the GY: You can Ritual Summon 1 Non-Effect Ritual Monster from your Deck. This effect of "Angelfood" can only be used once per turn.

The result of some drawing practice I felt like making into a full card. A pretty straightforward effect that's probably significantly more powerful than I imagine it to be. But hey, those dusty Performance of the Swords and Crab Turtles in your box of old cards deserve some love.
    • By The Chayncemaniac
      When this card leaves the Field, you can add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Deck to your Hand.
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Power Creep
      Trap Card
      Tribute 1 face-up monster on either side of the field: Its controller can Special Summon 1 monster from their hand or Deck with the same Type and Attribute and an ATK or DEF greater than the tributed card. Card effects cannot be activated for the rest of this turn, except for the effects of a monster Special Summoned by this card. You can only activate 1 "Power Creep" per turn.

Spent a while trying to come up with an effect for the image. If you have any more fitting ideas, let me know.