Jolly Glot

SD 37 News

3 new main deck cards and some reprints

689_20191108074858_img_1_Oz5OQpo4nmoysTq

SD37-JP001 Qadoshaddoll Keios
Level 2 LIGHT Spellcaster Flip Effect Monster
ATK 900
DEF 100
You can only use one effect of this card’s name per turn.
(1) FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 “Shaddoll” monster from your hand in face-down Defense or face-up Defense Position.
(2) If this card is sent to the GY by an effect: You can send 1 “Shaddoll” monster from your hand to the GY, then apply the following effect.
• Monsters you control gain ATK and DEF equal to the original Level of the monster sent to the GY by this effect times 100.

Note: This card seems to derive its name from Qados, “Holy” in Hebrew or a similar related word.

689_20191108074858_img_2_Oz5OQpo4nmoysTq

SD37-JP002 Laishadoll Wendi
Level 3 WIND Psychic Flip Effect Monster
ATK 1500
DEF 1000
(1) FLIP: Special Summon 1 “Shaddoll” monster from your Deck in face-up Defense or face-down Defense Position, except “Laishadoll Wendi”.
(2) If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 “Shaddoll” onster from your Deck in face-down Defense Position, except “Laishaddoll Wendi”

Note: Apparently this card’s name should be referencing wings or flight in hebrew but I am not versed enough in the matter. Wendi is of course, Wen is Hebrew for something wicked or evil, and is also part of Wendigo, an man-eating spirit of the folklore of the Algonquian people of North America.

689_20191108074928_img_1_04Y1DPJMRL7V3pS

SD37-JP033 Lashaddoll Incarnation
Normal Trap Card
(1) Target 1 “Shaddoll” monster in your GY; Special Summon that monster in face-up or face-down Defense Position.
(2) Banish this card and 1 “Shaddoll” monster from your GY, then apply one of the following effects.
• Change 1 face-down Defense Position monster you control to face-up Defense Position.
• • Change 1 face-up Defense Position monster you control to face-down Defense Position.

Note: I have no clue, don’t ask. The Kanji says “Chosen Holy One of Shadow-Light”, but I am not versed in Hebrew

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/scorchedearthscorned/

The WIND Main Deck Shaddoll (with worst Fusion Counterpart) is better than the LIGHT Main Deck Shaddoll (with best Fusion Counterpart) as the WIND has 2 play extender effects... Good thing we have a better new Fusion to work with than Wendigo, because I was always reluctant to run Wendigo given she doesn't do anything except stall. The trend seems to be that all the non-DARK Main Deck stuff focuses on swarming which could pave the way for easier Link Summoning... I am wandering what they will do with the EARTH and FIRE ones now that they covered all potential places, barring the Extra Deck, where monsters can Special Summon from.

As for the Trap I guess I can see how they are trying to incorporate the WATER Main Deck Shaddoll's awkward FLIP effect with the banish from GY effect.

Edited by BGMキャノン

I had similar thoughts as above: Wendi looks really good, but WIND is arguably the least desirable attribute for Shaddolls, while Keios is subpar but LIGHT is a good attribute for them.
Wendi and the Trap seem like good support for getting Shaddolls on board and swarming, also note the Trap is retrievable by the floating effect of the Shaddoll Fusions so they can make a sort of slow loop. Still, summoning the Shaddoll in face-down position with the float of Wendi is cumbersome, otherwise it would have been a good starter for Link plays to enable their much needed marked MM Zones to drop a couple of Fusions. At least the Trap can Summon in face-up position, but that inherent 1-turn slowness of Traps will hold it back. Also Squamata can set-up the GY effect of the Trap right away.