yui

NeoCardMaker Holy Grail War

I ask my Servant, "Well, do you have any bright ideas on getting out of here? Though it seems all that's happened so far following your directions is just me getting myself into trouble."

"World Peace?" I joke. 

I'll then shrug and said, "I haven't really given it much thought, to be honest. Probably something simple and stupid like riches. How about you?"

>Comment to the servant. "Good job with the intimidation, that was cool,"
>Ponder on the choice give out to me. Finally relent and tell my Servant to be on the lookout for any traps while I follow this mage.

On 11/22/2019 at 6:32 PM, Blake said:

Offer an alliance. Our ingenuity for their luck. Better to be top 2 than die trying, right?

Tell them to feel free to follow, as a sign of trust, and return to base. If any traps would be encountered, avoid them without making a show.

23 hours ago, Are You Okay? said:

>Comment to the servant. "Good job with the intimidation, that was cool,"
>Ponder on the choice give out to me. Finally relent and tell my Servant to be on the lookout for any traps while I follow this mage.

archer.pngcaster.png

"Look at us. This Holy Grail War's only begun, and already we're making friends. I am pleased to make your acquaintance, er... who are you, anyway?"

"Master, should we exchange True Names with this guy?" A question that is answered in the affirmative, as the two of you make your way to Blake's base of operations. "Alright, then. Name's [REDACTED]."

"Fascinating. I've no idea who you are. By that same token, I suppose you've never heard of me either. I am [REDACTED]."

The return to base was mostly silent, though Archer seemed to make a point of keeping a close eye on both Caster and his Master. Upon returning to the factory, however, the group would find that the door was open, and a person was on the floor, stuck to the doormat.

"My, my," Caster hummed, bringing himself down to look the trap victim in the eyes. "It appears we have company. And not just any company." Placing his hand on the sudden guest's own hand where the Command Seals were located, Caster eagerly exclaimed "Yet another Master at that! A pleasure. You may call me Caster. Mr. Small Scarred and Handsome over there is Archer."

"Can't say I appreciate the unnecessary nickname."

"Now then, my Master. What should we do with this third Master?"

On 11/22/2019 at 6:33 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

>"Exactly. And out of the six opponents in general, if memory serves, THAT class is the hardest to go against...even solo. Therefore we need to get a plan working, and one idea happens to be a truce and alliance with another Master and Servant combination."
>Currently is practicing magecraft of the wind and water variety, not too obvious to make it known to others.
>"Now in the given scenario of this being a war between seven opponents, what would you suggest? Surely some knowledge of multi-man warfare is buzzing around in your head."

"An alliance with another team, eh?" Your Servant leans further back in their seat. If they go much further, it looks like they might fall over. "Can't really say I'm against it. But we should try to take someone out first, if you ask me. If we eliminate a team and word gets around, it proves we've got power. And people listen to power, no matter the era. If we can get our hands on, say, Saber, it would also be doing most of the other teams a favor. But it's not quite that simple."

Your Servant points to a map of the city on the wall. Running their finger along the coastline, they continue "Saber - anyone for that matter - could be holed up anywhere. And we don't want to fight someone on their turf. Drawing them out into the open where they haven't had time to set up shop is ideal. So we'd need some sort of bait to lure them out. Any ideas?"

On 11/22/2019 at 8:44 PM, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

I ask my Servant, "Well, do you have any bright ideas on getting out of here? Though it seems all that's happened so far following your directions is just me getting myself into trouble."

"I see them. Returning. They'll free you. Just wait."

While it did take some time, your Servant's guess turned out to be on the nose. After a bit, two pairs of people - ones your Servant warns you are also Master/Servant teams - arrive at the factory in which you've been trapped.

"My, my," one of them hummed, bringing himself down to look the trap victim in the eyes. "It appears we have company. And not just any company." Placing his hand on the sudden guest's own hand where the Command Seals were located, the man eagerly exclaimed "Yet another Master at that! A pleasure. You may call me Caster. Mr. Small Scarred and Handsome over there is Archer."

"Can't say I appreciate the unnecessary nickname."

"Now then, my Master. What should we do with this third Master?"

On 11/22/2019 at 11:23 PM, Skaia said:

"World Peace?" I joke. 

I'll then shrug and said, "I haven't really given it much thought, to be honest. Probably something simple and stupid like riches. How about you?"

"Even simple and selfish wishes have merits. I believe mine might be like that, too. I want to be incarnated, but for a strange reason." Pointing at themself, your Servant explains "With the way the Throne of Heroes works, my existing as a Servant at all should be considered a fluke. Even if I'm right here, you could go so far as to say I'm not real, even now. So I want to be incarnated. Even if I live a boring life, it would be a real life. It's a stupid wish like I said, but I can't think of anything else I would want enough to wish for it on the Holy Grail."

Ask Sethera what they’re doing there. Don’t disable the trap yet.

"I was just walking along and then I fell into this hole. I think the world's got it out for me or something."

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

11 hours ago, Yui said:

"An alliance with another team, eh?" Your Servant leans further back in their seat. If they go much further, it looks like they might fall over. "Can't really say I'm against it. But we should try to take someone out first, if you ask me. If we eliminate a team and word gets around, it proves we've got power. And people listen to power, no matter the era. If we can get our hands on, say, Saber, it would also be doing most of the other teams a favor. But it's not quite that simple."

Your Servant points to a map of the city on the wall. Running their finger along the coastline, they continue "Saber - anyone for that matter - could be holed up anywhere. And we don't want to fight someone on their turf. Drawing them out into the open where they haven't had time to set up shop is ideal. So we'd need some sort of bait to lure them out. Any ideas?"

>Takes in what my Servant is suggesting, understanding
>"You raise a good point. Eliminating a team would be beneficial in the grand scheme of things. By the same token, however, aside from Saber, the one many would have an issue against would be Berserker."
>Takes a long look at the map
>"...something for bait? I think the best choice of bait, unfortunately, might be the one that could cost us dearly. Either you or myself would have to be bait...between the two, it most likely would have to be me. After all, they kill a Servant, I can just find a way to make another contract if anything. But if they kill the Master, then all bets are off. At the same time, we'd need to find a location where the Masters and Servants haven't set up shop and where we could have somewhat of an advantage."

I'll shrug. "Certainly sounds like a more grand wish than my own. But, I think my wish is stupid, and you think yours is too. So, let's go and win ourselves a couple of stupid wishes, right?" 

With that, I'll tell my servant they're free to scout as they wish, while I go set up a magic alarm system for my new home base. 

"Down the rabbit hole, eh?" I ask, scratching my chin. "Seems weird that someone like you would end up here though,"

“Hm... alright, I think we can let you go. On the condition you form an alliance with us. Any objections from the rest of you?”

"I mean I'm kind of...not very good at following directions. Or maps. I'm just kind of...wandering, and I guess that gets me into trouble. But sure, sounds fine with me. I've been looking to make friends anyway. It's less fun to play by yourself you know."

No, I'm not breaking any fourth walls, why ever would you think that?

>I scratch my chin again. "I'm all for allies, but knowing at the very least what class your Servant is would help build some trust. Don't worry, we'll tell our classes to after you do. That way all the cards are on the table, yeah? It'll make making plans easier to,"

Edited by Saikazo

"Hmm well I don't really see how it's all that important myself? Then again I don't know much about this whole Grail thing or whatever it's called. I'm just here to have fun. But, more importantly, if we're gonna be talking, I'd rather do it face to face. So umm...can you get me out of this pit?"

"I must apologize, but my partner would like you to tell us before I let you go. I'll choose to respect his wishes. Think of it as a sign of trust, hm?"

1 hour ago, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

"Hmm well I don't really see how it's all that important myself? Then again I don't know much about this whole Grail thing or whatever it's called. I'm just here to have fun. But, more importantly, if we're gonna be talking, I'd rather do it face to face. So umm...can you get me out of this pit?" 

"Well, you know, if you had say, Saber, a person great at close combat, then the plans would be different than if you have Assassin, someone who stabs people from behind. That's why the class is important,"

On 11/24/2019 at 4:07 AM, Blake said:

On 11/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

22 hours ago, Saikazo said:

After some discussion amongst the three of you, a truce is made. In exchange for helping each other out with the other Masters, anyone unlucky enough to get caught in a gravity trap will be set free. And of course, that includes the three of you introducing each other and your Servants. Among them, Servant that finally manifests after being kept under wraps this whole time.

berserker.png

"Class, Berserker. I am [REDACTED]. Your trust is valued."

On 11/24/2019 at 4:47 AM, Tormented said:

I nod "Let's give it a go"

lancer.png

"Haha, that's what I like to hear! It's going to be a bumpy ride." Lancer then scoops you up in one arm as if you were something more akin to a potato sack, and holds up his weapon with the other. The weapon lights up in a magnificent green flame, and propels the two of you into the air as he slams the blunt end into the road, leaving a small hole where he struck. The fire then fades away as Lancer shoves hte blade into the wall, up close enough to the top that he can hoist you up on top of the wall. Lancer climbs up not long after. From up here, you can see more or less the entire inner city.

"Can't say I'd be able to do that in life, now can I? Being a Servant truly is something." Lancer seems intent to survey the area before him, casting little more than a brief glance at a warehouse where some police investigation seems to be going on. "I suppose we should start thinking about a base of operations. That woman clearly doesn't want us in her territory, but we've got the whole city and more at our disposal!"

On 11/25/2019 at 12:39 AM, Skaia said:

I'll shrug. "Certainly sounds like a more grand wish than my own. But, I think my wish is stupid, and you think yours is too. So, let's go and win ourselves a couple of stupid wishes, right?" 

With that, I'll tell my servant they're free to scout as they wish, while I go set up a magic alarm system for my new home base. 

"Of course, Master!" Your Servant seems pretty revved up with your words of encouragement. They also take you up on your offer to scout around, opening the window before leaping out of it and onto the wall surrounding the inner city, heading in a southward direction. While you start setting up alarms in your base, all's quiet for a while. Until, as you wrap up, your Servant's voice intrudes into your mind.

"Master. I've spotted another Servant. They appear to be of the Lancer class, and are up here on top of the wall. Your orders?"

On 11/24/2019 at 3:33 PM, Chaos Sonic said:

>Takes in what my Servant is suggesting, understanding
>"You raise a good point. Eliminating a team would be beneficial in the grand scheme of things. By the same token, however, aside from Saber, the one many would have an issue against would be Berserker."
>Takes a long look at the map
>"...something for bait? I think the best choice of bait, unfortunately, might be the one that could cost us dearly. Either you or myself would have to be bait...between the two, it most likely would have to be me. After all, they kill a Servant, I can just find a way to make another contract if anything. But if they kill the Master, then all bets are off. At the same time, we'd need to find a location where the Masters and Servants haven't set up shop and where we could have somewhat of an advantage."

"A location where we're at an advantage? That's a no-brainer!" Your Servant pulls out a knife from their pocket, removes the city map from the wall, and places it on the table before shoving the knife through the map in one specific spot. An island off the coast. Far enough to be quite a swim, even for a Servant, but still close enough to be accessible if one's willing to put in the time to get there. "We take them someplace where they can't run away, of course. I can't say I like using my own Master as bait, but sometimes you have to risk it all to get the greatest rewards. If not there, then..."

Your Servant looks at the map some more. They point to a nature park in the inner city. "Here, perhaps. It's not too far from the church, so you can turn tail and get to a sanctuary once the fighting kicks in."

Ruler.png

"Master. I understand you are bored, but must you use my Noble Phantasm in such a mundane way?"

"Of course. As the officiator, I have an obligation to keep an eye on the Masters partaking in this Holy Grail War. It's not like I have the right to interfere in any way either, so what's the harm in taking a little peek? I must say though, I'm particularly excited about this makeshift alliance between teams Archer, Caster, and Berserker! Perhaps good things will come of it. For now, what are Saber and his Master up to?"

"Still nosing around in the computer files and scoping out their general area, it would seem. Ah, wait. Is that... it is. It appears Saber has company."

@REP

saber.png

"You may wish to step away from that computer for a bit. We're not alone."

Not much later after Saber said that, turning away from the security screens - sword in hand - was there a banging at the warehouse doors. Followed by the sound of the door being kicked in entirely, and various disappointed comments about the warehouse still being cold and the utter lack of loot. "How shall I deal with them, Master?"

"Perfect. Now we can come up with a course of action. But first..."

>Tell Caster to work on making something.

"We'll see how that works out soon enough."

"A course of action, yes. But it's getting late as is, and I got something else I need to do tonight," I comment. "We could meet here tomorrow, say, at noon?"

I look out at the view and take a moment to take it all in "Shame the Grail isn't here really, would be nice to just sit here and look down at the fools" I shake my head and notice the warehouse explosion "That looks too busy for my liking, besides if the grail is there we are already too late." I point towards the area I assume is the church (I imagine the Church looks fairly out of place in this otherwise modern looking area) "I think that's the church that Thunderhead was talking about... let's take a look there shall we?" I quiz my servant asking for his opinion.

"Noon tomorrow. Works for me," I say, not really sure what to do next. "Well, that went well," I tell my Servant if/when I'm alone. "I'm not in that hole anymore, and those guys were a lot nicer than that other person. Guess your directions aren't so bad after all. Any ideas on what we should do now, or maybe just go to bed?"

"Hold back for now and keep watch, if they get too close then I'll go talk to them myself but for now just hang back and watch." 

I'll exit my new found base and begin walking around the old town again awaiting an update. 

Edited by Skaia

6 hours ago, Yui said:

"A location where we're at an advantage? That's a no-brainer!" Your Servant pulls out a knife from their pocket, removes the city map from the wall, and places it on the table before shoving the knife through the map in one specific spot. An island off the coast. Far enough to be quite a swim, even for a Servant, but still close enough to be accessible if one's willing to put in the time to get there. "We take them someplace where they can't run away, of course. I can't say I like using my own Master as bait, but sometimes you have to risk it all to get the greatest rewards. If not there, then..."

Your Servant looks at the map some more. They point to a nature park in the inner city. "Here, perhaps. It's not too far from the church, so you can turn tail and get to a sanctuary once the fighting kicks in."

>Notices the location where my Servant's knife is currently stabbed in.
>"The nearby island...actually that just might work. That actually might work a lot more that I thought!"
>Removes the knife from the map and looks closely at the island
>"We'd be able to set traps and possibly decoys for the other competitors to waltz right into. And with the island possibly having forested areas, we'd possibly have an advantage. Alright, it's settled."
>Hands my Servant the knife
>"We've found our own place to set up shop then."

On 11/26/2019 at 2:49 AM, Blake said:

"Perfect. Now we can come up with a course of action. But first..."

>Tell Caster to work on making something.

"We'll see how that works out soon enough."

caster.png

"O-ho! Something like that, I see, I see. Gathering up the materials and the process of distilling them... yes, it should take until tomorrow night, if I don't stop working and we don't mind cutting a few corners with the development. It shouldn't have any adverse effect by doing that."

On 11/26/2019 at 2:54 AM, Saikazo said:

"A course of action, yes. But it's getting late as is, and I got something else I need to do tonight," I comment. "We could meet here tomorrow, say, at noon?"

I get to skip this post, but I'm quoting you anyway for the notification.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:07 AM, Tormented said:

I look out at the view and take a moment to take it all in "Shame the Grail isn't here really, would be nice to just sit here and look down at the fools" I shake my head and notice the warehouse explosion "That looks too busy for my liking, besides if the grail is there we are already too late." I point towards the area I assume is the church (I imagine the Church looks fairly out of place in this otherwise modern looking area) "I think that's the church that Thunderhead was talking about... let's take a look there shall we?" I quiz my servant asking for his opinion.

lancer.png

"A fine course of action, Master. Let's make haste!" Lancer scoops you up once again, before bounding down the wall and hurrying along the empty night streets. It isn't long before you make it to the church. Upon entering, you are met with two figures. The first - clearly the priest - seems a bit young to be overseeing a Holy Grail War, but otherwise is entirely unremarkable. The other is a boy who looks rather out of place.

"Welcome to my humble abode, Master of Lancer. Glad you could visit. Is there something I can help you with?"

"I don't wish to intrude on whatever conversation you're about to have, but..." The out of place-looking boy leans over to the priest, whispering something in his ear.

"I see... well, that's life. As long as we've got seven Masters and Servants fighting it out, I suppose something like that doesn't really matter."

On 11/26/2019 at 3:56 AM, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

"Noon tomorrow. Works for me," I say, not really sure what to do next. "Well, that went well," I tell my Servant if/when I'm alone. "I'm not in that hole anymore, and those guys were a lot nicer than that other person. Guess your directions aren't so bad after all. Any ideas on what we should do now, or maybe just go to bed?"

berserker.png

"A base," Berserker suggested. She takes a moment to survey her surroundings once the two of you have left your allies, and eyes the mountains over on the horizon. "There. Perhaps. Maybe? Master's choice."

On 11/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, Skaia said:

"Hold back for now and keep watch, if they get too close then I'll go talk to them myself but for now just hang back and watch." 

I'll exit my new found base and begin walking around the old town again awaiting an update. 

As you meander about old town, your Servant presents you with another update on the whereabouts of this Servant-Master pair.

"The possibly-Lancer Servant has left. He and his Master seem to be visiting the church. Nothing further to report."

Due to the late hour, all the gift shops seem to be closed, aside from nighttime bars and the like. You do notice that a hot spring in the area has a discount going on tomorrow, though.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:10 AM, Chaos Sonic said:

>Notices the location where my Servant's knife is currently stabbed in.
>"The nearby island...actually that just might work. That actually might work a lot more that I thought!"
>Removes the knife from the map and looks closely at the island
>"We'd be able to set traps and possibly decoys for the other competitors to waltz right into. And with the island possibly having forested areas, we'd possibly have an advantage. Alright, it's settled."
>Hands my Servant the knife
>"We've found our own place to set up shop then."

"Of course it'll work!" Your Servant takes the knife back, pocketing it and looking at the map some more. "We can set out to get the place ready whenever you want! If there's something else you want to do before taking off, take care of that business first."

@REP

Despite your lack of direction, Saber was still able to fight valiantly against the invading thugs, but not well enough to hold all of them back at once. And even as a mage with the high ground, you were not able to fight all of the ones who got past him at once. You have died, and so your saga as Saber's Master has come to an end. However, the Holy Grail is nothing if not merciful, and will not abide a Master-Servant team being eliminated so early. And so, you shall be replaced by someone else the Grail has deemed worthy...

@LordCowCow

Regardless of your location, the Grail has chosen you, and compelled Saber to manifest himself near you so you can be made fully aware of what you're getting into.

saber.png

"A new Master, is it? Hmph... very well. I would hesitate to call this ideal, but I can still obtain the Holy Grail I desire like this. My sword is yours, Master."

"I'm mostly just looking around" I keep an eye on this boy at the corner of my eye.

"Looking for information about the location of our greatest treasure, a lady named Thunderhead seemed to suggest you have all the answers. I suppose it wouldn't be much in the way of a good game if you just told me the location of the treasure but what can you tell me?"