Sign in to follow this  
Jolly Glot

[LVP3] Strikers and MPB

Mecha-Phantom-Beast-Auroradon.jpg?resize

Genjuuki Auroradon / Mecha Phantom Beast Auroradon
Machine/Link/Effect, WIND, Link-3, ATK 2100, L+B+BR
2+ Machine monsters
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 3 “Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens” (Machine/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0), but you cannot Link Summon for the rest of this turn.
(2) Once per turn: You can Tribute up to 3 monsters; apply the appropriate effect.
● 1: Destroy 1 card on the field.
● 2: Special Summon 1 “Mecha Phantom Beast” monster from your Deck.
● 3: Add 1 Trap from your GY to your hand.

Somebody ordered up a serving of Sky Striker with extra link arrows on it?

Sky-Striker-Ace-Sieg.jpg?resize=259%2C30

Sentouki – Sieg / Sky Striker Ace – Sieg
Dark Machine / Link / Effect
Link-2 1500 / T B
2 monsters, including a “Sky Striker Ace” monster
Cannot be Special Summoned, except by Link Summon. You can only Special Summon “Sky Striker Ace – Sieg(s)” once per turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; banish it until your opponent’s next End Phase.
(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 other card you control; this card gains 1000 ATK, then send the target to the GY.

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/machinestakingoverlvp/

https://ygorganization.com/whoaskedforthis/

Not sure why they made the Mecha Phantom Beast a Link 3... But, I can work with that. Basically Speedroids become more valuable in helping Mecha Phantom Beast make this. Additionally, Needlefiber, also, helps in the making of this especially with getting O-lion in the GY for additional plays. With that in mind... I could see Mecha Phantom Beast easily make Dracossack or Jaculuslan. Another thing to note is that this makes Coltwing more viable since Mecha Phantom Beast have struggled with SS'ing in the past. I really can't wait to try this sucker out.

Although it is a bit of a bummer that the Link itself doesn't have same protection effect like most of the MPB, but oh well...

Edited by BGMキャノン

5 hours ago, BGMキャノン said:

Not sure why they made the Mecha Phantom Beast a Link 3... But, I can work with that. Basically Speedroids become more valuable in helping Mecha Phantom Beast make this. Additionally, Needlefiber, also, helps in the making of this especially with getting O-lion in the GY for additional plays. With that in mind... I could see Mecha Phantom Beast easily make Dracossack or Jaculuslan. Another thing to note is that this makes Coltwing more viable since Mecha Phantom Beast have struggled with SS'ing in the past. I really can't wait to try this sucker out.

Although it is a bit of a bummer that the Link itself doesn't have same protection effect like most of the MPB, but oh well...

They made the MPB a Link-3 because the archtype can fart out so many tokens they could have had it be a Link-4 and not be a problem for them.

3 hours ago, The Warden said:

They made the MPB a Link-3 because the archtype can fart out so many tokens they could have had it be a Link-4 and not be a problem for them.

On the contrary, they actually only have so many play makers that generate Tokens that don't require set up: Tetherwolf and Raiten (this one we just got recently mind you). The ones that do require set-up to generate Tokens are so awkward and all over the place: Megaraptor (requires you to generate a Token), Hamstrat (requires you to flip), Colwing (requires you to Special Summon), Black Falcon (requires you to attack), etc.While Token generation is supposedly their gimmick, they are pretty bad at it especially when under pressure. If anything, I would say utilizing Tokens while lacking the means to do so efficiently on their own is their actual gimmick.

But, like I said... There is room for splashing some external support like Speedroids and Needlefber to help the archetype with its speed issues.

Edited by BGMキャノン