Kazooie

Gen 8 Pokemon Tier List

With Gen 8 fully out and Pokemon fully revealed to us, it seems like a good time to do some ranking and stuff to me.

I recommend mentioning how you're sorting them around, for me it was purely based on designs and not movesets/using them/or competitive potential. Just designs and that stuff.

mHg9IEv.png

Obscured by the stupid Logo in S Tier are Sinistea, Hattrem, and Cursola.

Honestly? Even stuff in D-Tier I don't hate. I just don't like them that much. F-Tier is the only one with things I actively dislike in this generation, and the final Tier is just cause looking at them makes me sad. ?

https://tiermaker.com/create/all-new-gen-8-pokemon-including-galarian-forms-214613

Shhh, I didn't forget anything.

Edited by Kazooie

I guess I based my choices for what I like based around some competitive use but mostly around designs, with Dark and Steel types getting a bit higher of a bump for me just for being my favorite typings this generation since we didn't get many great poison types...

9cDrZJO.png

I only really care about fully evolved Pokemon since those are what we spend most of our time with so I'm only doing those. Also makes it a fair bit cleaner to read. 

Spoiler

N8xJZt4.png

Coviknight and Zacian are my two favorites. Basing it mostly on design, but competitive builds factor in. The fish for example would have been C tier, but its stats and move pool are both great so it shot up. No idea how I feel about the fossils. I love them, but the designs are still ???? so thats how I classified them.

unknown.png

Mostly just based on designs, waiting for the full favorite list to sort them like that.

Still some that I haven't seen so gonna have to wait

Then again there's so many I might just wait till dragonflies pokemon picker has gen 8 and do that instead lol

tbh I don't think there's a design I dislike yet. I'll say though that

Spoiler

Dottler, Gremlin Meowth, Penguin, and Appletun, might be my favorites

EDIT: AND ALCREMIE BUT THAT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS

Rated mine purely based on personal feelings, be it design, gameplay, or a combination of the two. That said, I don't have much feelings for most of gen 8 and haven't finished my playthrough yet, so this tierlist only includes the ones I have particular feelings about at present.

Spoiler

unknown.png

Spoiler

bYbigCR.png

Dracovish is fun as fuck to use though, but its design is quite literally an atrocity to humanity

Edited by REP

Basically beat my second playthrough already but only now feel like I've spent enough time with them to necro do this. 

Spoiler

TEISUyM.png