Skaia

Yu-Gi-Oh! Horizon [OOC/Not Accepting/Started]

A Skaia RP

FANCY LOGO GRAPHIC WOOOOO 

IC

Introduction

Spoiler

Hey one, hey all. This is me. Your friendly, sarcastic, and sometimes funny neighborhood host Skaia. Here to bring you the newest addition to my long list of roleplays that I’ve hosted, all one of them, and one I’ve been cooking up for a long while. Though Yu-Gi-Oh RPs that take place in a school, as this one will be as well, are a dime a dozen and don’t really have the best rep for longevity or pacing, it’s still a concept that I always quite enjoy and figured I might as well take my shot at to do as well. So here’s what to expect. 

So as was mentioned, this is an rp that is centered around predominantly high school students, and so in general the RP will at least start out with a very slice of life feel to it. In addition, rather than having any sort of “card games save the world” stuff in its plot, this one will be more akin to that of a sports anime. Which is to say, the main focus will be on the Duel Monsters sports team that is within the school, and the cast’s climb to the top. 

As a result, the story is much less focused on what happens, so to speak, and more so on the trials and tribulations that they experience going through adolescence and attempting to find their own identity and motivations. As such, things might end up feeling a lot more scripted than a regular RP, though that isn’t necessarily a bad thing, and feel free to discuss with me or other players the direction you want to take your character and the things you want them to go through or overcome. Or don’t, keep it a secret and go with the flow and act like this was the plan the whole time. Either works really. 

One last note, though this is more the standard than anything else, this will follow whatever format the one during Arc-V was called. To sum up what this means, basically there will Pendulum Zones separated from the S/T zone, no extra monster zone, and no links. There will also be no Duel Skills or Action Duels, but those are subject to change based on demand.

Basic Plot 

Spoiler

Horizon Academy, a school by the edge of the ocean that was once a great powerhouse in the world of dueling. Though some prospective duelists may have once been lured to attend this school for such prestige, it is no secret that the duel team has fallen on hard times since then. Whether from a lack of talent, drive or some general change in the atmosphere, the duel team isn’t quite what it once was. However, with a new coach taking the lead, things are finally going to start looking up for the duel team. Hopefully. 

This story will start early into the school year, specifically around the first meeting of the duel team. With it, the team will gauge the strength of their newcomers, as well as figure out what to expect of the coming year. 

Rules

Spoiler
  1. All Site and RP section rules apply. 
  2. Generally speaking, I’ll only allow one character per person. There may be times where I allow people to make NPCs for certain reasons, but otherwise it will just be one character per person. 
  3. While I will not be particularly strict on deadlines nor will I require everyone to be doing something all at once, if you are holding us up I do reserve the right to take action in moving things along. 
  4. This is especially true when it comes to duels. If you are stalling in the middle of a duel and holding up the rp, I reserve the rights to finish the duel in your place. I don’t want to, though, so please do not make this an issue. If you are a repeat offender with nothing to really excuse this, I reserve the right to eject you from the RP, but again, I probably don’t want to so don’t make this rule an issue. 
  5. On the topic of duels, generally speaking all duels will be written and/or scripted before hitting the thread. Any questions on that topic and I will be glad to help.
  6. The Rp as well is limited acceptance and I’ll probably accept somewhere between 6-8 other players or so. Fair warning I will also probably be generally bias about who I accept.
  7. My noncommittal word is probably final.

Setting

Spoiler

The RP takes place on Earth. More specifically, it takes place on the fictional island country on Earth, by the name of Amrita. Amrita is a diverse and self contained country, being an island nation surrounded by water stretching into the vast horizon. The nation of Amrita is fairly diverse as well, being what some might describe as a cultural melting pot in modern terminology, it has a wide array of cultures, life styles and cities all spread throughout its land. 

This RP takes place in the city of Azure, a port city of sorts. More specifically the RP takes place predominantly in Horizon Academy, a boarding school. Horizon is a high school and so the age range of characters here is notably 15-18. Though the cast will travel to different schools and cities within the country of Amrita, as a result of the nature of sports meets, Horizon will be where they spend most of their down time. 

Also duel monsters is big. Super big. Just thought I’d mention. 

Database

Spoiler

Amrita 

Spoiler

The island nation that the story takes place on. There’s not much to say about Amrita other than that it’s big, has a lot of stuff to it and is essentially pretty similar to the current 21st century world we live in with the addition of technology that is about several centuries ahead of its time for the sole purpose of dueling. You know, as they do. 

As aforementioned Amrita is a big place and is also a melting pot of cultures. Be it a city, farm or traditional village it’s here. Have you some European or Japanese or African naming scheme it’s here. Basically, even though (at least at present) Azure will be where your character ends up for one reason or another, it’s got enough for all of your whacky character creation needs.

Amrita is split up into different prefectures, of which there are twenty. 

It's national animal is the Pelican. 

Azure 

Spoiler

The primary city in which the RP takes place and I haven’t really gone without mentioning in every other section so far. Azure is a port city and a hub for a lot of trade and cultural mixing within it. Naturally it is most notable for its marine activities, fish, beaches and shopping centers. Azure is within the Fortuna prefecture. 

Horizon Academy 

Spoiler

Horizon Academy is where the story starts and likely will primarily take place in. A boarding school, with a rather small campus due to its proximity to the city around it, Horizon is an all purpose high school - teaching a variety of subjects - sporting a variety of clubs and electives that range from standard sciences and literature focused ones to weirder ones like fishing. 

Horizon had notably been a school that used to produce strong duelists, but since its decline starting five years ago, its success in that regard has dropped. As a result, so too has its popularity with applicants, the school attracting less people for its competitive dueling strength and more so just for the location than anything else. 

Horizon has, as well, fallen in the opinion of its peers. With most of its old connections being lost and thus having a harder time finding opponents to practice against, the schools ranking within its prefecture has fallen quite low as well. 

Duel Monsters 

Spoiler

A card game with a popularity that has skyrocketed since its inception. No one really knows when or why this game came to be nor why it became as popular as it did, and thus it should come as no surprise that is has its founding on Amrita, but the reality of the matter is that it has become an incredibly popular game and sport. So much so that it has its own professional scene that is, unsurprisingly, flourishing on Amrita. 

While the game itself is simply a card game, it as well is also part technical marvel. Created for its use are duel disks, each equipped with a solid vision projector that allows it to create pseudo-realistic monsters and effects that do not actually harm the environment around them can still generate enough force to knock things around.

There are some mysteries about the game that have never been solved though. Like, why sometimes people just have cards that perfectly match their deck, or sometimes a combination of people’s deck, come out of nowhere. It’s best not to think about these kinds of things. 

Duel Monsters - Competitive

Spoiler

The format for duel monsters in the competitive scene is as follows. There are two categories of competition when it comes to duel monsters: Singles and Doubles. They are about as intuitive as they sound. In the singles format each team picks three duelists to represent them. They then pick one duelist to take on the opposing team, and then after that, those two duelists are done. The first team to win two of these three duels wins the match. 

In doubles, the team only picks two duelists to represent them, and they go against the opponent’s two duelists at the same time. This is done with each pair sharing a field and graveyard, rather than their being four separate fields and graveyards.

The only competitive dueling matches that actually matter towards one’s national rank, are the tournaments; those being the winter and spring tournaments. However, before said tournaments, people are able to hold practice meets against their fellow schools which is generally encouraged. There is also a non-school related national tournament that marks the start of the summer. Though there is more to be said on these things, this is all that matters for the time being to get a general feel for what to expect. 

App

Spoiler

Some things to keep in mind when thinking of your character. They will be a member of the duel team, as such they must have a reason for joining it in the first place. They can be as driven as you like, or lack any drive, and can be on the team for reasons of their own ambition, being forced onto it, for fun, etc. They can be of any skill level you so desire, and they can have also been in the duel team years prior to this one, or can have decided to join this year regardless of age. Just things to keep in mind. 

Name: 
Appearance: Spoiler this. Use of an Image is highly recommended. 
Personality: Spoiler this. 1 paragraph minimum.
Biography: Spoiler this. 1 paragraph minimum.
Deck: The name and description of your character's deck goes here. Deck list not necessary, just mention how it is played and maybe what your ace card(s) are. 
Custom Cards: Spoiler this. Images of, links to, or written versions of all custom cards the character uses .
Misc. Information: Theme songs, trivia, and other fun facts

Edited by Skaia

Skies But Not as hosted by the rational me? I wouldn't miss this RP for the world.

Spoiler

Name: Hana Monroe

Appearance

Spoiler

Giant salmon not included

5'6". 140 pounds. Hair often messy and unkempt.

Personality

Spoiler

The world is your oyster and Hana really loves to eat oyster. Free spirit is the first thing that comes to mind when describing this girl. She loves to just enjoy life and doesn't seem to get troubled very easily. She believes that the world is an absolutely beautiful place and loves exploring it or even simply existing in it. This causes her to get excited over mundane things like how the wind feels or the shape of a cloud or how that one star waaaaay to the right shines just slightly more than the rest.

Hana is quite the scatterbrain. Unable to really focus on something for long. Because she believes that there's no point in a life spent worrying about things. To really live you must rid yourself of thoughts like "I should do this" and "I shouldn't do that." This causes her to be at odds with authority figures often. Simply because she's bad at following directions and often gets distracted by other things.

She enjoys bringing other people into her "adventures" as she believes in spreading the same joy she feels. Though Hana also has an intense hunger...in the literal sense. Her stomach is practically a black hole and she tends to eat all the time. If she goes too long without she tends to get angry. Sometimes uncharacteristically so. Though she always tries to make it up to people if she snaps at them.

Biography

Spoiler

Born to a pair of rather unusual people. A rather well off pair of eccentrics who are obsessed with Japanese culture. Some may call them "weebs". They tried to share this passion with their daughter. For a time she seemed interested but she couldn't keep her focus on it for long, to their chagrin. Though she did develop a love for sushi from this and it stuck with her.

While her parents were sad they couldn't "convert" her daughter, this didn't stop them from taking trips often, sometimes to other countries, but still mostly Japan. This went on for years when her parents realized that this was no way for a kid to live. However they're somewhat selfish and didn't want to give up their way of living. So they thought of a perfect solution. They sent her to a school, as a transfer student, in her Sophomore year. Bonus points, for her, was that she could be the "mysterious transfer student."

Unfortunately her attitude spoiled the mystique immediately. As the girl tried to become friends with everyone she found and ended up joining multiple different clubs. Despite her lack of activity in many of them she still remains a member in her Junior year and will suddenly pop in from time to time. Much to the confusion of new members.

Deck: A Legendary Salmon. An all-fish deck that doesn't have as much rhyme or reason as it probably should have. Focused on getting strong Monsters out easily through the use of A Legendary Ocean.

Deck List (for my own reference, other cards may be added/taken out)

Spoiler

Monsters

Terrorking Salmon x3
7-Colored Fish x3
Space Mambo x3
Wind-up Shark X3
Rage of the Deep Sea x2
Creeping Doom Manta X2
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth x2
Hunger of the Deep (Custom) x1

Spells

A Legendary Ocean x3
Big Wave Small Wave x2
Salvage x2
Terraforming x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x1
Aqua Jet x2
Fish and Kicks x1
Sushi Chef (Custom) x1

Traps

Torrential Tribute X2
Oh F!sh! X2
Eisbahn X2
Fish Depth Charge X1

Extra Deck

Shark Caesar x3

Custom Cards

Spoiler
Water Fish
Effect: This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by Banishing 3 Fish-Type monsters from your Graveyard. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each Fish, Sea Serpent, or Aqua-Type monster in your Graveyard.
ATK: 0
DEF: 0

Sushi Chef
Quickplay Spell
Effect: Discard up to 3 Fish-Type monsters from your hand; Gain 1000 Life Points for each card discarded this way. If 3 cards are discarded by this effect, draw 1 card.

Misc. Information

Spoiler

Theme
-While she still lists Sushi, and seafood in general, as her favorite food she is fine with eating any food
-Is a very bad singer
-Likes to sing in the shower
-Likes rainy days the most
- Really Bad Duelist (forgets what Pot of Greed does)

Country Hick

Spoiler

bonk.png

"Alright! I'm all fired up now! Let's do this thing!"

Name: Makoto Kondo

Appearance:

Spoiler

4BcLEDX.png

Height: 5'1"

Personality:

Spoiler

Makoto is a real go-getter. She's got the drive to bust her back working on something, the optimism to not let her mistakes keep her down, and the motivation to see her dreams made into reality. Having grown up with a lifestyle that scorns laziness and encourages hard work, Makoto has those same values herself. If she can be doing something, she wants to do it, and she isn't much for sitting around simply biding her time. Her being the workaholic she is means she could easily end up spending more time doing miscellaneous chores for a club she's in than the actual club activities if someone doesn't stop her.

Another important thing to know about Makoto is that she is a country bumpkin at her core. She's pretty modest more often than not, and can be easily impressed by big-city things since she hasn't been in Azure very long. Of course, she's just as easily confused by those very same things. Luckily, Makoto is the type of person to ask questions about something she doesn't understand. After trying to figure it out herself, of course.

It should also be noted that although she's incredibly difficult to scare, Makoto is easily startled.

Biography:

Spoiler

Makoto's life story starts in the sticks. Born and raised a country hick at the family farm, Makoto helped tend to the animals like anyone else in the family. It was hard work, and long days of it, but that was her life and she was quite pleased with the satisfaction of a job well done. However, while she was pleased with doing a good job, she'd be lying if she said the farm life was one she strived for. Makoto wanted to work her way into the pro dueling scene instead. The bright lights, the cheering crowds, she wanted to experience that for herself instead of through the screen of an ancient TV.

Except... Makoto had no footing to start on. She understood how to duel in theory, but not in practice, not to mention she didn't even have a deck or duel disk of her own. This is where her direct family made up of farmers exits the story, and her uncle - also named Makoto Kondo - comes into the picture. Uncle Makoto was a pro duelist who had heard her plea during a family reunion. After getting permission from her parents, Makoto was whisked away to live with her uncle and chase down her dream, but on the condition that if she didn't make her dream come true in ten years, she'd have to return home to the farm. And so her bags were packed, and Makoto advanced from country bumpkin to rural village kid.

Five of those ten years have since passed, and Makoto is a pretty competent duelist, equipped with her own deck and duel disk, a can-do attitude, and years of coaching from a pro. To kickstart her final steps into the pro dueling scene, Makoto applied to the same high school her uncle attended: Horizon Academy. She made the cut, packed her things once again, and was immediately overwhelmed by the big city. She is presently trying to adjust to a whole bunch of things at once, from her bustling new surroundings, to living without any family nearby, and to a couple other clubs she joined in addition to the school's duel team.

Deck & Custom Cards:

Spoiler

Deck - Crystron: WATER Machines that like to do synchro summons and blow themselves up. They like it even more when you synchro on the opponent's turn. The deck's ace monster is Crystron Quariongandrax

Custom Cards:
Crystron Needlefiber (link de-train)

Misc:

• In addition to her presence in the duel team, Makoto wanted to try out various clubs. The ones she wound up joining are the cosplay club and mechanics club. She is also an unofficial member of the baking club, but she only serves as a taste-tester and doesn't actually make anything, so she has yet to be added to the club roster.
  • Deathly allergic to peanuts.
  • Has yet to discover the wonders of online shopping, and that's probably for the best, for she is a terrible impulse shopper.

NPCs

Thorns and All

Spoiler

letty.jpg

"The best part of a duel is when you can just barely hang on, struggling with the last of your will. Life itself is quite the same, in fact."

Name: Letty Rose

Appearance:

Spoiler

1bTnVyo.jpg

Height: 5'8"

Personality:

Spoiler

Appropriately for someone named Rose, Letty can best be described as a pretty flower with sharp thorns. She treats others well enough, and if somebody has to take one for the team, she'll often step up to the plate with little hesitation. She carries herself with a distinct dignity and grace, and likes to watch others improve themselves against all odds, often helping them take the right steps. Flirt though she may be, Letty is by all means a girl for whom the name Rose is appropriate, and even she'll admit it, even though she doesn't have much interest in talking about herself.

What she'll fail to mention though, is that this Rose's thorns cut deep. Even more than watching others overcome incredible odds, Letty likes to watch them squirm and struggle as those odds threaten to crush them. She'd be perfectly content to be the one struggling as well, and often takes the blame for the wrongdoings of others just for the simple thrill of being in trouble, more than any interest in bailing others out. She's an incredibly persistent girl that has never given up before, and in turn can't stand when someone takes the coward's way out and quits instead of struggling, suffering, and eventually rising up to meet the challenge. As long as one doesn't give up, Letty believes any dream can be made reality.

Deck - Vampire:

Spoiler

A deck full of DARK monsters mostly of the Zombie type, the Vampire archetype plays around two fundamental components of the game; the players' Graveyards and the user's LP. LP is typically spent to use monster effects, and later regained through spell/trap effects. The archetype also tends to summon monsters from either Graveyard, as well as send cards from both Decks to their respective Graveyard. The archetype's ace monster is Dhampir Vampire Sheridan.

Edited by Summer Yui

Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue

Spoiler

eTgkrFt.jpg
“You know who I am already, don’t you?”

Name: Peter (not “Pete”, definitely never “Petey”) James Wilson III (also don’t say “the third”; he’s not a fan of that either)

Appearance:

Spoiler

d006O9f.jpg

As referenced above, Peter stands at about five feet and two inches (157 cm) tall. He weighs 100 pounds (45 kg), or rather, he says he weighs 100 pounds because it’s a nice round number, though he actually weighs a little bit more. His clothes and accessories are those to be expected of his lineage, from his polished-to-a-mirror-sheen duel disk (though it still bears some signs of wear -- it’s one of his mother’s, after all) to his always neat and prim and proper attire. How to look nice is one of the things he appreciates being taught by his parents, actually, and rare is the moment Peter can be found wearing anything less than his best.

Biography: 

Spoiler

“Yes, my parents were pros. Yes, I did know that. Because they’re my parents.”

If there was a single phrase that has defined Peter’s life up until the point he was enrolled at Horizon Academy, it would be “We only want what’s best for you, and we are going to do whatever we can to help you achieve that.” The son of two retired professional duelists, Peter has been set on the fast track to a similar life since before he could even comprehend the cards in front of him, with his parents being behind him every step of the way.

His upbringing has been a mix of both the newest fads (the latest articles, child psychology and dueling strategy alike) and tradition (“I had to walk to school when I was a kid and you know what that gave me? It gave me the endurance I needed to compete with the likes of…”). His enrollment at Horizon was a case of the latter; his parents chose it specifically because of its storied history even though its duel program was middling at the moment.

He did sign up for the dueling team (because of course he did), but personally, Peter sees the boarding school as a fresh start, a way to get away from the shadow of his parents and set out on his own path. He doesn’t know what that is yet, but he’s only fourteen, right? He’s got the rest of his life ahead of him.

Personality: 

Spoiler

“I- look, is anyone else listening? Okay, well, don’t tell anyone I said this, but…”

Because of his pedigree, Peter expects a lot out of strangers who come up to him. He’s used to them knowing who he is, for starters, and is used to “Oh. Em. Gee. You’re Peter Wilson’s kid, aren’t you?” as the first thing out of that stranger’s mouth. He’s used to having his every move scrutinized, from his extracurriculars to his grades to who he hangs out with, not only by his parents but other parties interested in his development as a duelist. He’s been trained, therefore, to act his best at all moments because, to quote his mother, “We wouldn’t want anything to happen to your reputation before you actually became a pro duelist, now would we?” Any other reactions surprise him, if he’s being honest. It throws him off a little. In a good way, though, because…

He hates it. Maybe not the “acting with respect” part -- at this point, it’s basically all he knows how to do -- but he hates everything else; the hype at his mere existence is exhausting to him, and the stress that comes with it is not something he’s equipped to handle at times. He hates when people compare him to his parents, especially when they ask “So are you gonna follow in your parents’ footsteps?” like they aren’t already expecting the answer to be yes.

Peter’s quiet rebellion, then, is to, well, occasionally not be the perfect angel his parents want him to be. Not when anyone’s looking, of course. Not when anyone could tell anyone else. But in those rare alone moments that he has, he’ll break the rules set out for him. He’ll ruffle up his hair a bit. He’ll suck on a lollipop or something and act like it’s a cigarette.

He’ll even, when he’s especially alone, take fifty-two bicycle cards, shuffle them together, and play a patience game like Klondike Solitaire or Freecell.

To be friends with Peter is to revel in these same rebellions, but that comes a bit after the first meeting. Some of that is his confirming the friendship with his parents and gaining their approval (“We don’t want you hanging around any troublemakers, do we?”), but there’s also the issue of trust. He has to know you won’t be off the next day telling everyone what Peter Wilson just did. Hopefully, though, it’s a rewarding hurdle to clear.

Deck: His father played Blue-Eyes and his father before him also played the archetype, so guess what Peter’s stuck with? He plays in a robotic fashion, generally correct, but without any sort of dramatic flair. Successful yet uninteresting, that’s his goal.

The archetype itself is straightforward enough. Just summon some big dragons and make your opponent not be there anymore. There are combos and there are synergies, but at the end of the day, if you’re not beating down with a 3000 (or more!) ATK behemoth, you’re probably not playing the deck properly.

Custom Cards: Probably not, but I’m not going to rule out the possibility.

Miscellaneous:

Edited by radio414
always making edits. it's what i do

You're Out of Touch, I'm Out of Time

Spoiler

Mx2v292.png
“The hands of time continue to tick forward...better make every second count!”

Personal Information

Name: David Kripaldi
Appearance:

Spoiler

hBzJe5b.jpg

Height: 5’5”

Personality:

Spoiler

David is quite the friendly sort of guy who has a disposition about him that almost screams friend material. Due to him growing up as well as working at his parent's card shop, his people skills are great, always finding a way to extend a hand out to anyone in friendship...be this in conversation or in a Duel.

He knows that in the world, hard work and dedication to something is what gets results in the long run. Having come from a family who ran a shop and was constantly on their feet, he knows that hard work is definitely required in almost every facet of everyday life. He's always giving 100% in everything he does, be it his school assignments or a Duel, he doesn't believe in just barely making it or just doing anything halfway. It's either all or nothing to him. He recognizes hard work and commends those who do quite a bit of that sort, noting that they have both the drive and determination to do what they do.

Of course, he isn't without his faults. There are times when David can get a bit agitated and when this happens he can sometimes flare up in with a bit of a temper. However, this is something that all teenagers have, so saying this is just David's flaw would be stating the obvious. There is something else that would be classified as David's flaw, however: he happens to be too knowledgeable and can come across as a know-it-all, along with always thinking he happens to be right. How he came across this little flaw of his, he couldn't tell you, but since it's been brought up many, many times in his life, he figures it might've been something he started having go on when he was hitting the books and studying extra hard. While this is something he's trying to work with, David knows it's not something that he can just get rid of overnight...and he's been dealing with this for quite a bit of time.

David also, while not necessarily a fault, has a habit of adjusting his glasses quite a bit, especially when something is going in a manner he was expecting it to (i.e. the usual anime glasses adjustment scenes).

Biography:

Spoiler

“Let’s wind this back a bit, shall we?”

Born of an American and Polish couple living in Azure, David Kripaldi was always playing Duel Monsters. His parents ran a card shop so he was always around the card game and caught on to the rules just by watching the countless amount of customers that would come and play in the store, “Set Rotation”. Of course, when he was of age, he began to play the game himself with a structure deck his parents gave him on his birthday.

As he grew up, David worked at his family’s shop to help them out along with studying greatly in order to apply for Horizon Academy. During his time growing up, he wanted to go to Horizon, learning how they produced quite a number of strong Duelists that were currently in the Pro Circuit. Unfortunately, it was about this time that it was in it’s success rate in producing them was in decline. Of course, his father would end up trying to get him to possibly reconsider relocating to a different school that could assist him in this regard, but David stayed adamant. He even told him that it wasn’t just Dueling that he wanted to excel in, but his other studies, especially science. Duel Monsters wasn’t the only thing he had a knack for...the other thing was science, namely the study of time.

Like most kids growing up, David was fascinated at the concept of time travel and it’s constant mechanics in general. It only became more involved into his whole life when he got his hand on the deck that would definitely be his ally from now on: Time Thief. Just from the concept of the archetype in general, David fell in love with them and put this together and proceeded to use these to get to his goal: Horizon Academy.

Unlike most who most likely would’ve gotten into Horizon via prestige and just the overall money drop by rich families, David took the entrance exams and aced them without too much of a hitch. Thus, he was on the road to Horizon Academy and just one of the countless doors of possibility that he knew was waiting for him there.

Duelist Information

Deck:

Spoiler

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey [Time Thief]
A curious deck that revolves around the archetype known as Time Thief, an archetype that deals with time travel mechanics from a lore standpoint. In general, this deck deals with being an Xyz Rank 4 engine with it’s mechanic regarding the unorthodox disruption of an opponent’s turn by ‘stealing’ from their deck to add to their Materials and utilize them in other effects.

The deck’s ace monster is Time Thief Redoer.

Deck List:

Spoiler

Total: 44
Monsters - 20
Time Thief Winder 3x
Time Thief Bezel 3x
Time Thief Time Recorder 2x
Time Thief Regulator 3x
Goblindberg 3x
Summoner Monk 2x
Entermage Hat Tricker 3x
Abyss Actor - Curtain Raiser 1x

Spells - 16
Allure of Darkness 2x
Instant Fusion 1x
Overlay Regen 2x
Reinforcement of the Army 1x
Monster Reborn 1x
Terraforming 1x
Pot of Dichotomy 2x
Time Thief Hack 2x
Time Thief Startup 2x
Xyz Territory 1x

Traps - 9
Time Thief Flyback 3x
Jar of Avarice 2x
Solemn Notice 2x
Time Thief Retrograde 2x

Extra Deck - 15
Mudragon of the Swamp 1x
Karbonala Warrior 1x
Time Thief Redoer 3x
Time Thief Perpetua 3x
Gagaga Cowboy 1x
Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer 1x
Number 39: Utopia 1x
Number S39: Utopia the Lightning 1x
Number 41: Bagsooska the Terribly Tired Tapir 1x
Tornado Dragon 1x
Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon 1x

Custom Cards: None as of yet

Misc. Information

David’s Theme | Duel Theme

• The name, David Kripaldi, is a reference to two separate actors who played the roles of the Doctor from Doctor Who, namely the 10th and 12th incarnations.
  • This character being named David is also a bit of a tribute to my late father who passed earlier this year.

• David is not only joining the Duel Team, but he’s a part of the Science Club as well as the Literature Club.

• He has a fondness for time jokes and puns.

• Prefers to read Sci-Fi novels and manga in his spare time, when not studying or Dueling.

• Due to him playing Time Thief and their motif of time travel, David’s known around the academy by various different nicknames of different time travelers: McFly, Doctor Who, Timelord, Rip Hunter, and Crono, just to name a few.
Edited by Chaos Sonic

The Final Boss Arrives?!

Spoiler

Name: Terry “Final Boss of Destruction” Shelley

Appearance: 

Spoiler

Height: 5'2"

Weight: ???

Character Art WIP by Venomgaia, full will be posted when complete.

unknown-6.png

Personality: 

Spoiler

Terry is a good example of what may or may not happen when someone finds themselves unable to connect with anyone other than their family from a young age. Rough around the edges, Terry is a ball of anxiety that’s come together to form the contradictory existence of someone so unsure of what they could, or should do with their life that they refuse to let any doubt creep in once they’ve latched onto an idea of identity. Due to this mentality, Terry has latched onto the idea of becoming a “Final Boss” as she puts it, or someone truly to be reckoned with, the final step anyone would have to defeat in a tournament. Despite anyone who would call her edgy, this confidence has moved to back her and mask her anxieties of not being good enough, even to herself many times. While this results in her bottling up emotions far more than is healthy, it at least allows her to perform and duel in public spaces.

Getting more specific, Terry subscribes to the idea of “fake it ‘till you make it”, and has used her recent-move to Amrita as a chance to reinvent herself, fully subscribing to her persona of a final-boss. In doing so, her personality is what can only really be described as “wild” during matches, and eccentric outside of them. She’s the kind of person to react to conversations in some of the strangest ways, often pushing people away as she talks about some “hidden powers” or describing her future-opponents as “Heroes of Justice”. That being said, it could become clear to anyone after just a few interactions with her that she does seem to enjoy hanging around most people, she’s just… Not really sure how to express it.

As for how she gets during duels, she almost seems to act her way through duels themselves; announcing and explaining every piece of information regarding her cards. She focuses on their titles and sometimes seems to go for theatrics and to give a good show more than an actual win, but she swears she’s getting better about not doing that. Ultimately though, as much as she plays up how “this won’t be the last you’ve heard of me”, or that “a final boss has many forms”, the one thing she hates more than anything is losing, or feeling like she’s not getting any better. If anything, someone could even say that her entire perspective of being a ‘final boss’ is her doing her best to motivate herself to get better, or keep herself from losing all motivation during a loss.

Small Writing Samples:

Spoiler

"And now, I summon the final Boss...!" Terry grinned, sliding a black-card from her extra-deck. "I overlay Naglfar, the Generaider Boss of Flames, Utgard, the Generaider Boss of Lies, Nidhogg the Generaider Boss of Ice, and Dovelgus, the Generaider Boss of Iron, to summon the only monster on my level: Jormungandr, Show them the power of a fellow Final Boss!" She cried out, black  runes encircling each of her monsters as they seemed to begin to float together, their energy becoming one as they grew black and formless, each one's animosity being absorbed into the new monstrosity taking the field. A black, serpentine-body coiled up within the smoke, clearing the smog as a loud shriek filled the air. Red, pointed legs flailing about wildly as it stretched itself out, every scale snapping with each movement, and it's bones seemingly cracking as it as it finally positioned itself to peer down at her opponent.

--

“Gh… Damn you, Warrior of Light…” The girl grumbled, clutching at left side of her face. Her nails dug into her skin as she scanned the field… Even with three monsters, they all felt useless in comparison to her opponent’s board, she couldn’t even begin to fathom what they could do. Her minions were failing, but… It wasn’t over yet. “But…! This Boss hasn’t lost yet…!” She released her grip, faint marks still left on her cheek. Whipping out another black card, she revealed it face-forwards, locking eyes with her opponent. “I overlay Frodi, the Generaider Boss of Swords, Hela, the Generaider Boss of Doom, and Mardel, the Generaider Boss of Light, to summon a boss even greater than I…! Heed my call, Secret Boss: Number 92, Heart-eartH Dragon!”

Biography: 

Spoiler

Terry’s story is somehow much simpler than her personality or demeanor could ever dream of being. Terry Shelley was born to a pair of semi-experienced parents fifteen years ago, in America. Having two older siblings, one five years older than her and one seven, she had no want for people to look up to, or people for her to live in the shadow of. Her father worked as what she would call a “Generic Businessman” at a call-center, was rarely home, and… It isn’t hard to see that she would have difficulty connecting with him as she grew up.

However, her father wasn’t the only person she had trouble connecting with, as she grew up outside of the typical schooling system. Years before her, her mother had taken her brothers out of public schooling for homeschooling, and each of them had grown up with a network of other, nearby children they could still count on and grow up-alongside. People they could ask to play, people they could hang out with when they needed a moment away from home, for one reason or another. Being five, or even seven years younger however, Terry was never in the public school system, and never had the opportunity to make friends before that. While she technically did her best, checking the internet left and right… She mostly grew up as a shut-in, practicing dueling against her older-brothers and her mother, all of which were casual players.

And, as her brothers moved out, she turned to mostly dueling online whenever she wasn’t studying or doing the homework her mother gave her, which was far more time than one would honestly think. Still, terrified of talking to people outside of her own home, even stammering when trying to order food at a restaurant, eventually her mother decided it was time to help her find her own way in life. So, just over a year ago, there was a day when it was announced that she would be transferring to a boarding-school for high-school. An academy with what her mother had thought to be a good dueling-program in a separate country, so that she could focus herself on dueling first, as she seemed inclined to do. At first, this terrified Terry. The idea of living away from her family, across an ocean with people she’d never met… It was absolutely mortifying. Yet as the move-date grew closer and closer… She found a plan, an idea. She put together the idea of becoming a ‘Final Boss’, and built what she saw as the ultimate deck to represent it, using her favorite line of cards she had ever used.

And, with the move, leaving everyone she knew behind, even the nice men and women at the local stores and whatnot… She found herself able to at least put up a facade, even tricking herself into the idea that she was some sort of Final-Boss. And, after a year of getting to know what was going on, learning the ropes of actual school-life… She decided it was time for the Final-Boss of Destruction, as she began calling herself in duels, to try-out for the duel team. After all, what Boss doesn’t have minions?

Deck:

Spoiler

Generaiders, particularly played with an emphasis placed on the idea of being an “Evil/Final-Boss”. She even announces all of her plays like they’re mystical attacks, and monologues mid-fight. However, it should be noted that when it comes to her extra-deck, she seems more attached to Heart-traeH Dragon than Jormungandr.

Ace Cards: Jormungandr, Generaider Boss of Eternity & Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon.

Custom Cards: None Yet.

Current Rough Decklist for duel-planning purposes:

Spoiler

Monsters: 19

3x Nibiru, the Primal Being

2x Naglfar, Generaider Boss of Fire

2x Frodi, Generaider Boss of Swords

2x Mardel, Generaider Boss of Light

2x Utgard, Generaider Boss of Lies

2x Nidhogg, Generaider Boss of ice

2x Dovelgus, Generaider Boss of Iron

2x Hela, Generaider Boss of Doom

2x Lonefire Blossom - [REPLACED with LOPTR]

Spells: 12

1x Terraforming

2x Generaider Quest

3x World Legacy Monstrosity

3x Generaider Boss Loot

3x Generaider Boss Stage

Traps: 9

1x Metaverse

2x Generaider Boss Bite

3x Generaider Territory

3x Generaider Boss Fight

Extra Deck: 4

2x Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon

2x Jormungandr, Generaider Boss of Eternity

1x Dyson Sphere

[Adding more rank 9s]

Misc Information: 

Spoiler
  • Terry is the kind of person to make her own clothes, specifically for her costumes. On top of being cool in her mind, they’re also made specifically to be comfortable in cold weather. 
    • Sewing is one of her main forms of relaxation, even if she would never admit it.
    • She’s also rather likely to give people she’s close to custom clothes, though she’d claim it’s their “Boss Loot” from her.

An NPC as Well?!

Spoiler

Name: Lily Williams
Appearance: 

Spoiler

b4be35796d9156823e2bbbba17f7ede37ed011d6

Height: 5'1"

Personality:

Spoiler

With a competitive streak a mile wide, Lily is more than a little worried about whether she's good enough or not. An inferiority complex that manifests as never wanting to lose, Lily never backs down from a challenge; even being known to bite off more than she can chew in the process. Those who watch her duels would swear she fights like a cornered animal, or like someone with something to prove...

... Which, while something she would never admit, is undoubtedly true. Ever the overachiever, almost her entire life she's felt as if she was in the shadow of her older sister, and it shows in how she carries herself. Obsessed with being the best, Lily is not one to take defeat well; and while she may not show this side of herself in front of her opponents, it's liable to be more than evident to those around her after the fact just how broken up she is about it. 

Deck: Melffy

Spoiler

A unique deck-archetype, that revolves around cutesy Level 2 monsters that cycle themselves in and out of the deck, while fueling their XYZs cards to disable and get in the way of their opponent. Whittling them down with strategies that send opponents into disarray, the deck itself focuses primarily on disabling opponents before actually taking them out, drawing duels out longer than they probably should...

Ace Card: Melffy Mommy

Edited by Feral Pistol
added appearance

Happily Ever After...?

Charlie.png
"A little of this, a little of that, then you have something nice!"

Name: Charlie Robin
Appearance

sample_c3da553ee10ac1485aebe5922fc3dd1d.

5'9", thinner frame, usually wears loose, but not baggy, clothing, usually with something long sleeved. Even during summer.

Personality

A very upbeat individual and natural extrovert, Charlie is a bubbly joy to be around. The teen oozes optimism and support for their teammates, watching and encouraging them with a smile. They aren't the type to lead the group, but very much the type to cheer loudly, even at a tournament, likely embarrassing them despite their good intentions.

Charlie loves cute things to death. Of course, their definition of cute is quite strange, with stuffed animals qualifyig, but so do many eldritch abominations. People have suspected it's an act, but that doesn't seem to be the case for this weird kid.

Coming from a less than rich family, the idea of hard work was drilled into Charlie's head from a young age, making it clear that if they wanted anything, they had to work for it. In fact, Charlie made it to Horizon on their own merit, aside from the flight! Charlie can often be found working different jobs around the port, from waiting tables to scrubbing boats, anything Charlie can do to get money, they will. In fact, they have a good amount saved up, even with tuition payments.

Biography

Charlie is an American who came to Azure because they always dreamed of attending Horizon, based on the school's record. The fact that the school fell on hard times didn't deter them, they just wanted to go to one of the best schools in the world for Duel Monsters. Being far from home was also pretty nice, giving the teen a fresh start. They even worked so hard that they got there by their own merit! Well, other than the flight, which Charlie's parents paid for that as a reward for their hard work to make it there.

Their love of Duel Monsters came from when Charlie was young, playing with their parents all the time, as well as one on one time watching the competitive scene with their dad. There wasn't much money for toys, but it was okay, Charlie had their parents and Duel Monsters! Originally, Charlie's deck was one made of random cards thrown together, but they got the base form of their current deck for their 8th birthday, and Charlie has cherished it ever sense, even if it did warp their sense of cute. Earning money to make the deck the best it could be was what taught Charlie the value of hard work! Sure it was just allowance money for doing chores at first, but it was a lesson that Charlie holds dear to this day.

Sadly, the team was in shambles when Charlie joined up, becoming one of the few members through their time at Horizon. Despite their best efforts to cheer their senior students on, it never amounted to much. Even playing at meets and tournaments was rare, because the older members took precedence. As senior year dawned, they had begun to accept that they wouldn't get to make much of a name for themselves, even as a senior... But with a larger group of applicants this year, Charlie is hoping for the best!

UPDATE: Charlie ended up befriending a boy named Avi, who was also a freshman joining the duel team. They thought he was a bit quirky, scrawny. They eventually grew kinda close to him, so Avi knows a fair bit more about Charlie than anyone else on campus, eventually becoming the co-captain of the Duel Team with him. Not to mention both of them grew 6-7" in the time they knew each other.

Deck

Frightfur
Cute stuffed animals and fairies called Fluffals that fuse with evil bladed instruments called Edge Imps to create Frightfurs, horrifying creatures fit to haunt a pizzeria. Or kill you in your sleep. A few other DARK Fusions seem to have weaseled their way in, as well...

Charlie's ace is Dangerous Frightfur Shadeshifter, a soul that devours the monsters used to summon it, becoming a blackened amalgam of their forms.

Custom Cards

Misc. Information

• Next Time... ~ Charlie's Theme
  • Don't Let Go ~ Charlie's Theme II
  • Never Look Away! ~ Duel Theme
  • D-A-N-G-E-R ~ Dangerous Theme
  • Genuinely thinks the Edge Imps and Frightfurs are cute. No accounting for taste, I suppose.
  • As such, Charlie owns many plushies. Including one that no one understands.
  • Totally a Ghost Pokemon Trainer.
  • Give Charlie money.
  • Seriously. Gib muns.
  • Charlie lied about their age to make money to go to Horizon, considering they were only 13-14 at the time.