Mixed feelings towards this cards. On one hand, it's really good as a TGU/E-Tele in Pendulum Spell form and with both Normal & Pendulum support, a card the latest formats can and could handle, and if it wouldn't have an impact right away, it's bound to do so down the line due to its goodness. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Limited eventually if it was printed.

On the other hand, and tied to the comparison with TGU/E-Tele, IDK if it's an acceptable card to make from a card balance standpoint, since searchers like this get to be moved around in the banlists to control the formats. 

In other words, it's a card that we can realistically expect Konami making, but that doesn't mean card makers should make cards like this.

Maybe give it a Traptrick-like effect in that it mills a copy of itself as requirement? That way, it would be indirectly Limited as you would have to jump through hoops to set up for the effect more than once per duel.

5 hours ago, Darj said:

Mixed feelings towards this cards. On one hand, it's really good as a TGU/E-Tele in Pendulum Spell form and with both Normal & Pendulum support, a card the latest formats can and could handle, and if it wouldn't have an impact right away, it's bound to do so down the line due to its goodness. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Limited eventually if it was printed.

On the other hand, and tied to the comparison with TGU/E-Tele, IDK if it's an acceptable card to make from a card balance standpoint, since searchers like this get to be moved around in the banlists to control the formats. 

In other words, it's a card that we can realistically expect Konami making, but that doesn't mean card makers should make cards like this.

Maybe give it a Traptrick-like effect in that it mills a copy of itself as requirement? That way, it would be indirectly Limited as you would have to jump through hoops to set up for the effect more than once per duel.

Respectable insight...It essentially would make the card require extra Garnets for mismashed Decks, and modern day Burning Abyss builds.  Kind of let my guard down on design after the brief hiatus I decided to take. I'll take you up on the requirement.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Hmmm..... It misses the traits required for the Gokibore build. No Resonance Insect either, but I suppose those are being dodged intentionally. Being Level 3 instead of 4, and being LIGHT in itself is also an issue there, but on the other hand I do appreciate it when Insects have some variety to the Attributes and whatnot.

Hmm looking at it, this is probably meant to be played with Digital Bugs, but nothing really combos out of it so I guess this effect for now is meant to be played straight for the E-Tele Summon instead of comboing with anything that furthers the play. Well, it is welcomed to make the Centipede live a little more often.
You Summon the Spider, use this to Summon the Centipede, Spider switches Centipede to Defense Position to bring out the ladybug or the cocoon from hand and the centipede brings the other one from the deck, you use 2 of them for a Link and use Cocoon to revive 1 and still have 3 monsters in play. 

Sounds like it makes them... functional as a deck xD

Edited by Sleepy