Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Cloaked Girl Drawing

This is meant for some sort of card art maybe....
Still figuring out stuff to change. The circles on the cloak and chest I still don't know what to fill in with. Bits of the clothing are still kind of bland. No idea about the color scheme yet. All in all a work in progress although I would have liked to finish it in one sitting with no interruptions. However I am going outside in around an hour or so, so I'm gonna have to sit on it.

Any input and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

kJUKAUO.jpg

As I am sure this is all a part of the sketching stage, I do have a few bits of critique to give...

The back part of the hood seems a bit undefined, mostly due to the fact that line art isn't somewhat consistent with the rest of the subject. It seems like you are either trying to have a place for her hair to be tucked in or you're not. With hair in fabric, it generally won't take shape unless the person has an ungodly amount of hair. Best bet is if you want to make the back part of the hood a little more animate with the rest of the character as its design is now I think it would be ideal for the hood to look like air is somewhat pushing it upward since the cloak has air going into it.

Another tiny nitpick is that the doily-esque pattern on the cloak could use a little bit of cross contouring work. Another words a way to make the pattern bend with the fabric. I think that would give it a nice edge to it overall.

Aside from that, love the dynamic pose, the face is endearing, and also love how her hair is cloud like.

Edited by BGMキャノン