Sign in to follow this  
Summer Darj

[Written] Dark Mimic support

Lately have been thinking on the Mimic chest monsters and realized I am somewhat into them although I'm not sure if I would call them my top favorite monsters yet as gargoyles are monsters I fancy as well. Anyway, the thoughts led me into expanding the "Dark Mimic" LV monsters, taking ideas from the support given to Silent Swordsman & Magician.

Dark Mimic LV5
DARK/Fiend/Effect/Level 5
1900/1000
If "Dark Mimic LV3" is sent from your hand, Deck or field to the GY: You can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY. If this card is Summoned: You can draw 1 card, or if you have Special Summoned "Dark Mimic LV3" by the effect of "Dark Mimic LV1" during this duel, you can draw 2 cards instead. During your Standby Phase: You can send this face-up card to the GY; Special Summon 1 "Dark Mimic LV7" from your hand or Deck.

Dark Mimic LV7
DARK/Fiend/Effect/Level 7
2800/1000
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned by the effect of "Dark Mimic LV5". Cards cannot be added from the Main Deck to either player's hand (including by drawing) by card effects.

Dark Mimic
DARK/Fiend/Effect/Level 4
1000/1000
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 1 Fiend monster. Once per turn, during the Standby Phase: This card gains 450 ATK. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated that would add a card from the Main Deck to either player's hand, including by drawing (Quick Effect): You can negate the activation. If this card is destroyed by battle, or if this card in its owner's control is destroyed by an opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Dark Mimic" monster from your hand or Deck, except "Dark Mimic", ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Mimic Fortune
Quick-Play Spell
If you control a "Dark Mimic" monster, activate 1 of these effects. This card's activation and effect cannot be negated.
• Draw cards until the total cards in your hand and field is equal to your opponent's.
• Send cards from your opponent's field to the GY so the total cards in their hand and field is equal to yours.
You can banish this card from your GY: Add 1 "Dark Mimic" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Basically the approach I took was a draw and anti-draw theme, the first because of the draw effects of Mimic LV1 and LV3, and the second to follow the example of the Silents and their Spell-stun power, although these stop drawing and searching effects instead. Thinking on giving LV7 an additional effect since I'm not sure if Mistake/Colossus effect is on par to the effects of other big LV monsters such as Horus and Silent Swordsman.

Thoughts?