Tormented

NCM (nearly) a year on

There haven’t been as many events as I would have liked, but “Year of Rebirth” still seems fitting for both the site and many of its members, myself absolutely included. Might make a thread about my year later, but not here.

It is sad that we’ve lost people, but I honestly think we lost more to people simply moving on with their life than anything else, and what better way to part with people? To our, let’s say, “alumni”, I wish the best.

The past year has been a pleasantly wild ride, and I’m proud to be a part of this community. This place is a bit sleepy, but that’s okay. It’s a place that can be called home, without any sort of trepidation. I hope we thrive, moving forward, and thanks to everyone who had faith in us to take a leap.

4 hours ago, Tormented said:

Thank you, you're now officially Yui's gif king replacement.

@radio414

WHaiytX.gif

The HGW thread is hardly a creative take on forum games. It's the same as any old text adventure, but with seven PCs running around trying to kill each other instead of one PC doing... whatever it is the plot and players would demand. In fact, part of it existing at all was to see how well this site could work with a text adventure type of game, and in that respect it's been a resounding success.

Anyway.

It's been a quiet but overall successful year for NCM to get started on. Site was made, things happened, everything was nice, good job all 'round, everyone. Here's to another good one.

Dat pizza icon at the end of the opening post. I wonder if it's... falling :v

I like how NCM shaped up during this year and is still shaping up so far. My top sections on interest, CC and YGO Discussion, are sluggish but I still find them enjoyable, and I trust that activity will pick up... eventually. Besides, this gives me opportunities to explore and participate in other sections, although I have not taken these opportunities as of late. I do wish at the very least there were 4 consistent card makers who also review others' works in CC, but that's beyond my control, unless I kickstart some sort of PR campaign on my own to motivate new card makers to move into here, but I don't want to dedicate my time to such antics. I would be more motivated if I was a CC mod, though :v
But
even then, more experienced card reviewers around would be ideal to support any newcomer card makers.

My sincere thanks specially Tormented, but also the mod team, other staff and as well the NCM community, for all the efforts and activity done for and in this site.

also, Yui and Krow 4 mod plz, thx

While we don't have "section" mods I'd like to think of myself as RP and Polls. Those are my main areas and I'm happy that both have done very well this year. ?

I truly enjoy this site. It's also much easier to mod which is pretty nice as well lol

Thank you, Tormented. And a bunch of you guys for keeping this place alive.

You've been a chill dude who still keeps presence on his forum. I really like some of the suggestions you took. Pretty open. You gave us a variety of themes, a good place to use Yemachu's cool card maker, avatars, ect. Keep up the good work. You the man.

Gonna add my thanks to you as well, Tormented, for being so active. Every time I see a new update on the changelog, or see the site come back up after at most a day of being down, it makes me smile because I know we have an admin that cares.

And I'm happy to hear that one of the stuffs I made is a good stuff. I don't do too much stuff, mainly cuz I'm not really active outside of the couple places I'm active. So I'm really grateful to the people that are a lot more active than me, and keep this site alive.

I think getting the cardmaker more built into the site sounds like a great idea. It'll make it feel like it's part of the site more. Not so sure if we really need more mods, but I suppose if it's to help make new stuff or breathe new life into existing stuff that could be a good reason.

5 hours ago, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

Not so sure if we really need more mods, but I suppose if it's to help make new stuff or breathe new life into existing stuff that could be a good reason.

Yeah, this is one that I've brought up a couple times this year with the mod team and certainly I think it's something that needs to be trod carefully. I think my goal really is ensuring that we have the best people in the best places to support and develop sections of the site, fundamentally I don't think we should be afraid of adding too many members of staff, In my opinion if a staff member is there, and they are providing a benefit to the site them having a title makes no difference to things but again I want people to voice their concerns and I'll take everything on board.

Better incorporating the card maker into this site would indeed be very cool, but I'd also like to have it still stand alone. Either way, some discussion is needed about how to incorporate it.

Having buttons and text fields follow the theme the user has selected would go a long way. The layout would probably also need a rework, but that was already the case because of the different features I have been working on.

Other than some card maker related stuff, I haven't really been all that active on the forum. Aside from Duel Links, I don't really play the game all that much anymore, so my knowledge about cards and combos is limited. Which means I have little to add ro the card discussion, and card creation topics. 

In any case, it is nice to see how the site has evolved.

I guess I got too used to the idea of people only appointing moderators to handle flooded areas or work as damage control. Since we're not really experiencing problems of either sort, I figured we didn't really need more. Though, as a newer site, that comes with a different set of problems, so I can see why expansion might be a good thing there.

I don't use the card maker myself really, so take this with a grain of salt, but yeah, that's the main thing I noticed. That the background and style were always that one shade of dark gray, so it always seemed a little detached from the main site. I don't have any ideas on how to fix that though.

Again, I'm super happy with this place and how it keeps moving forward. Hopefully the good stuffs continue.

13 hours ago, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd said:

I guess I got too used to the idea of people only appointing moderators to handle flooded areas or work as damage control. Since we're not really experiencing problems of either sort, I figured we didn't really need more. Though, as a newer site, that comes with a different set of problems, so I can see why expansion might be a good thing there.

I don't use the card maker myself really, so take this with a grain of salt, but yeah, that's the main thing I noticed. That the background and style were always that one shade of dark gray, so it always seemed a little detached from the main site. I don't have any ideas on how to fix that though.

Again, I'm super happy with this place and how it keeps moving forward. Hopefully the good stuffs continue.

It's because it is detached from the website, it's just an embedded web page of the card maker itself.

I'm glad you're happy, and that makes me happy ?

Almost all the people that I liked seeing are here and still being nice to see and the site isn't down as often, so it's pretty good.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.