LordCowCow

NCM RP Awards 2019

Helloooooo everyone! Yes, tis that time. When I originally did this on the previous forum I intended it to be every 2 years at earliest, due to nature of RP, and it fits in nicely with that we've had this site going for about a year.

Was going to wait until January 1st but I got too excited. Plus this way we can get it finished by Christmas! A pretty good marker I'd say.

This is where you'll all vote for who you think is best in various categories involving RP. The rules are fairly simple and are as follows.

Rules

Spoiler

1. In order to vote you must have been active in an RP on NCM for at least a month.

2. The member you vote for also must have been active in an RP on NCM for at least a month.

3. You may not vote for yourself.

4. You may vote in any number of categories.

5. You cannot vote for a single person in more than 4 categories. To prevent your entire vote being only 1 or 2 people (if you vote on all categories). You are allowed to only vote for 4 categories if you are so inclined.

6. You can send votes via PM, to me, if you're not comfortable putting them in the thread. But don't feel pressured either way.

7. Some categories might have rules of their own so read each before voting.

8. NCM rules apply so no spamming/flaming/etc.

9. I will make a separate thread for results after the deadline. Any tie will have separate threads with a poll each.

10. Voting will end Midnight CST on Christmas (25th). Thread will lock and any votes put in after that time will be ignored, unless a tiebreak is needed. I will be away at the time but thread will lock automatically.

Categories

Spoiler

Best RPer: Maybe the "big" award but one that is slightly more vague. For what you consider "best" might vary from person to person. Go with who you feel best fits the title, though.

Best Host: For the person who is best at actually running an RP. It could be for their ideas or their dedication. There are many things that goes into a good host.

Best Character Design: For the RPer who consistently makes good characters. Regardless of their writing skill there are many who make interesting and compelling characters.

Best World Design: Not exactly the same as best host. This is for the person that creates the most interesting and well made worlds. Can even extend to those who make already established worlds better.

Best Writer: Pretty simple. Even if you're not an expert in other fields you can have just simply good writing.

Most Reliable: Everyone has had issues with consistency at some point. So let's reward the one who you can count on to post when needed. Bonus points for those who post when it's not necessarily needed but appreciated!

Most Cooperative: For the RPer who works well with others. Be it collabs or simply who is best at checking what others are doing and working together to make sure their post works best as possible.

Most Helpful: It's not always just the host that helps things run! This is for the RPer who does things that help RPs running smoothly without even being in control.

Best in Chat: Perhaps an odd category but this is for the RPer who is simply the most fun and nice to be in an RP chat with.

Best RP: What RP on NCM, including those moved over from YCM, do you enjoy most of all? Can include currently locked RPs as long as they were active after October 1st. You cannot vote for your own RP that you host. Co-hosts can vote but not if they have so much input in running and making the RP that they are practically secondary hosts (if unsure ask me AND the host of that RP for input).

And there you have it! To vote just write out the category and who you vote for in that category.

We have an actual "Award" system now so any input on what the awards should look like would be appreciated (though don't fill this thread with that, message me instead)

Once again reminder that this will be locked on Midnight CST Christmas Day. Any questions or concerns feel free to let me know. Might've missed something important in my excitement.

Best Host Skaia
Best World Design: Yui LordCowCow
Best Writer: Mr. Hyde
Most Cooperative: Skaia
Most Helpful: Radio414

Best RPer: Skaia
Best Host: Chaos Sonic
Best Character Design: Hakima (Cheshire Toon)
Best World Design:
Best Writer:
Sethera (Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd)
Best Reliable: Cowcow
Best Cooperative: rep
Best Helpful: Skaia
Best in Chat: Blake
Best RP: Yugioh! Skies

Going into detail takes too long -- I know for a fact I'll get long-winded all up in this post -- but I can provide justifications if you PM me.

Edited by radio414

Okay now that a couple of people have (posted) their votes I will as well.

Best RPer: radio414
Best Host: Sethera
Best Character Design: Andx
Best World Design: Sethera
Best Writer: Sethera
Most Reliable: Skaia
Most Cooperative: radio414
Most Helpful: Skaia
Best in Chat: Hakima
Best RP: Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess

Currently still working out a few votes for the other categories, but here's what I have so far...complete...with acronym explanations!!! xD

Best RPer: ???
Best Host: Saikazo
Best Character Design: Dmitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Sethera)
Best World Design: Yui
Best Writer: Dmitri Alexandre Blaiddyd (Sethera)
Most Reliable: Blake
Best in Chat: Cheshire Toon (Hakima)
Best RP: ???

Edit: So at this point, with the remaining categories, and the fact that it's almost time for this to close, I forewent the acronym explanations. Truthfully, "Best RPer" and "Best RP" are still one of those categories I really can't answer. Plenty of good RPers and as for the RPs, well, a handful aren't like the last year's competitors, or are still in the phase of finding it's niche.

Edited by Chaos Sonic

Not entirely sure if I'll stick with these. There were several categories I was undecided between two or three people, but for now these are my votes.

• Best RPer: Skaia
  • Best Host: LordCowCow
  • Best Character Design: Cheshire Toon
  • Best World Design: Skaia
  • Best Writer: radio414
  • Most Reliable: Feral Pistol
  • Most Cooperative: Chaos Sonic
  • Most Helpful: Skaia
  • Best in Chat: Blake
  • Best RP: Pokemon: Mind and Soul
Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

Best RPer: Skaia
Best Host: LordCowCow
Best Character Design: radio414
Best World Design: Yui
Most Reliable: radio414
Best in Chat: Blake
Best RP: RP Smash

Edited by REP

Best RPer: Radio414
Best Host:  LordCowCow
Best Character Design: Radio414
Best World Design: Sethera 
Most Reliable: LordCowCow  
Most Cooperative: LordCowCow 
Best in Chat: Hakima
Best RP: Fire Emblem - Curse of the Goddess 

Best RPer: Yui

Best Host: Me ?

Best Character Design: Sethera

Best World Design: Me ?

Best Writer: Me ?

Most Reliable: Me ?

Most Helpful: Yui

Best in Chat: Timeskipper

Best RP

I should mention here. When you edit in or change something (yes I saw Chaos ? ) let me know. I'll look over again after it ends but also tallying as we go.

Best RPer: Skaia. His presence in the RPs I've been with him in always raises my enjoyment of them. 

Best Host: Sethera. Host of the first RP I joined. Set the bar high for what I should expect from other hosts, and no one else has really managed to meet that bar yet.

• Honorable mention to Lord CowCow. I don't always agree with the way he runs his RPs, but the amount of work that undeniably goes into them is admirable.

Best Character Design: Radio414. Only been in a couple of RPs with him, but the man doesn't rely on the tropes we typically spam. Bonus points because he doesn't just have good characters, but he accurately represents the characters he presented once the RP starts. 

Best World Design: Sethera. The depth shown in the lore for Curse of the Goddess was legitimately what brought me to to the site. 

Best Writer: Sethera. Not a ton to be said on this one.

• Honorable mention to Radio414. As said I haven't seen a ton of you, but everything I have has been impressive. 

Most Reliable: Lord CowCow. Not just because he never misses a post in the RPs he's in, but because he goes above and beyond in reminding other people to post in those RPs as well (admittedly sometime a little too eagerly). 

• Honrable mention to anyone who doesn't post on the last day of the round. 

Most Cooperative: Not really had a ton of issues with most of the people, so I'll plead the fifth. 

Most Helpful: Radio414. My man goes above and beyond in both documenting and relaying a ton of minor info that most people seem to forget. Mad props.

• Honorable mention again goes to Skaia. 

Best in Chat: Skaia. I'm a pretty hyper active person in chat and no one else comes close to being as great a foil to that. Anyone who has been in a chat with the two of us can probably understand what I mean.

Best RP: Curse of the Goddess.

• Honorable mention goes to Yu-Gi-Oh! Skies. The cast (the active people at least) make that RP. It might have been able to compete with CotG if it wasn't for the massive stalls and lackluster pacing. 
Edited by Cheshire Toon

On 12/19/2019 at 5:15 PM, LordCowCow said:

I should mention here. When you edit in or change something (yes I saw Chaos ? ) let me know. I'll look over again after it ends but also tallying as we go.

Edited and added stuff, just so you know.

Best RPer: radio414

Best Host: Lord CowCow

Best Character Design: Sethera

Best World Design: Lord CowCow

Most Reliable: Skaia

Most Cooperative: radio414

Best in Chat: Sethera

Best RP: The Chosen (ain't been in any others nearly long enough so shot out to the old stomping ground that brought me to ncm in the first place)