Blake

Events in 2020

?YEAR OF REBIRTH?

Suffice to say, the Year of Rebirth is drawing to close, with only one event left to remain, which is SOON™️, but that's another matter.

What we're here to discuss is... What would people like to see for 2020's theme? Remember, it doesn't have to be specific. Rebirth was focused on celebrating new life here, though... it didn't exactly go off without a hitch. Sorry about that. It has sure been a year.

But yeah! Please use this thread to discuss different event ideas for 2020, plus a theme (think broad, not specific), and anything else related to events going forward! I want to see what the community can come together to do, and I don't want anyone to feel bad about a small event! Even something like an Anime Secret Santa is a neat little thing you can do as a sort of event, or the RP awards!

Just speak your mind ❤️

2020: The Year of Vision

Dunno what that entails, but that's all I got for themes. I don't think the entire year's events have to all be themed anyway.

Just now, Yui said:

2020: The Year of Vision

Dunno what that entails, but that's all I got for themes. I don't think the entire year's events have to all be themed anyway.

For sure, soft theme is far better than a hard theme.

Would love an event where people vote on the best thread of a period of time, perhaps it's something retroactively that we do in 2020 looking back on 2019, and we can use it to kind of promote what sort of content people like and what we as a community want from threads.

How this would be done I'm not sure, perhaps you had had a line up of certain threads and you give people the capacity to vote on options rather than an open-ended choice but I guess that'll be for the host to establish, would also fit in with the theme of vision (also just now noticed the joke, great job @Yui).

Holiday themes are a good one. One of my favorites during my time on YCM was the creative secret santa, where someone who try something they haven't done before in a sort of gift homage to someone else in the pot. It was a nice gesture and didn't put too much weight on the more established "creatives" in certain mediums. Say NightWalker, famous YCM GFX Daddy, made a dedicated OC of a character from an anime even thought he wasn't a weeb. Things like that were fun.

Community activities are ones that help to bring people together. Tournaments do not have any lasting effect on this site, except for CardMaking, and those were structured well but had a sense of elitism rather than a community following. That was more in how they were promoted instead of trying to increase the creative outflow or the proper design philosophy of cards.

GFX is dead. Don't even bother. If someone opens up photoshop, send in the FBI. Stick to instagram editing, that's where the real money is.