Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Rank-Up Magic Heraldry Force

Rank-Up Magic Heraldry Force
[Quick-play Spell]

Target 1 Xyz Monster with a "Heraldic Beast" attached to it; Xyz Summon a "Number C", "CXyz", or Psychic Xyz Monster with the same Type, but 1 Rank higher, than that monster, using the target and all cards attached to it as material.
If this card is in the GY: You can target 2 "Heraldic Beast" monsters with different names banished; return them to the GY, and set this card to your field, but banish it when it leaves the field.
You can only use each effect of "Rank-Up Magic Heraldry Force" once per turn.

- - - - - -

I want a searchable RUM in the archetype. It also dubs as "Burial from a Different Dimension" or "Pot of Aquisitiveness" in a more searchable/controllable manner so their plays can be repeated a few more cycles. 

Edited by Sleepy

Options:

So basically as it stands now... It is a means for Heraldics to go into a good handful of Chaos Xyz. To mention the most practical ones that don't make you have to go the extra mile (with things like Type and Attribute changes with Reprodicus) :

Unfortunately, as far as CXyz goes you are forced to go the extra mile as their regular counterpart requires specific typing for their materials:

Applications:

Quick-Play effects are always nice especially for this cards case as you can use the Quick Rank-Up to dodge targeting effects. It also gives you some edge with the  stunning Cxyzs like Umbral Horror Masquerade and Giant Red Hand.. Of course, the fact that it is currently unsearchable by generic means will only get you so far... Best "search" I can think of is that you can use Foolish Burial Goods to dump it from the Deck, and then try to pull off its GY eff... But, that already requires a lot of set-up since a lot of the Heraldic Beast that do banish themselves require specific conditions to do so: Unicorn requires Psychic Xyz in GY, Aberconway requires copies of himself in GY, and Twin Headed Eagle requires an emptied Xyz on field. There is one other search I can think of that you are perhaps hinting, but it really restricts you on what you can do: Augmented_Heraldry... As not only does it have the horrible xenophic effect, but it prevents you from targetting your own Xyz with the Rank-Up itself. I really don't know why they made Augmented Heraldry so bad; it still manages to shoot its own foot to this day.

Conclusion:

It is a pretty nifty card with some good options to work with and it being a Quick-Play makes it pretty flexible on how you can approach things, but it still falls short with what non- Raid Raptor Rank-Ups are still suffering from... Generic searchability.

Edited by BGMキャノン

8 hours ago, BGMキャノン said:

Options:

So basically as it stands now... It is a means for Heraldics to go into a good handful of Chaos Xyz. To mention the most practical ones that don't make you have to go the extra mile (with things like Type and Attribute changes with Reprodicus) :

Unfortunately, as far as CXyz goes you are forced to go the extra mile as their regular counterpart requires specific typing for their materials:

Applications:

Quick-Play effects are always nice especially for this cards case as you can use the Quick Rank-Up to dodge targeting effects. It also gives you some edge with the  stunning Cxyzs like Umbral Horror Masquerade and Giant Red Hand.. Of course, the fact that it is currently unsearchable by generic means will only get you so far... Best "search" I can think of is that you can use Foolish Burial Goods to dump it from the Deck, and then try to pull off its GY eff... But, that already requires a lot of set-up since a lot of the Heraldic Beast that do banish themselves require specific conditions to do so: Unicorn requires Psychic Xyz in GY, Aberconway requires copies of himself in GY, and Twin Headed Eagle requires an emptied Xyz on field. There is one other search I can think of that you are perhaps hinting, but it really restricts you on what you can do: Augmented_Heraldry... As not only does it have the horrible xenophic effect, but it prevents you from targetting your own Xyz with the Rank-Up itself. I really don't know why they made Augmented Heraldry so bad; it still manages to shoot its own foot to this day.

Conclusion:

It is a pretty nifty card with some good options to work with and it being a Quick-Play makes it pretty flexible on how you can approach things, but it still falls short with what non- Raid Raptor Rank-Ups are still suffering from... Generic searchability.

It is not exactly generic searchability, but "Augmented Heraldry" can search it up in the deck. That is all the searchability I had in mind, though yeah the drawback is excessively bad.
Also, there's one extra application: The GY effect of Heraldic Beast - Twin Headed Eagle, it applies to any Xyz that might find itself with no materials. As lame as it sounds, I used to have a Number 17 made by a pair of Tour Guides when that was possible, and I'd restock its materials with heraldics from the GY to keep boosting up the ATK and re-enable it to do direct attacks. It means a mixed theme could potentially make the spell work on virtually anything so long as Twin Headed Eagle attached something to them. Of course making a mix archetype build is hard for Heraldics. I think they only really tolerate pieces that allow them to Xyz quicker like Kagetokage but not much else....

Edited by Sleepy

Was about to highlight Augmented Heraldry for a searcher of this card on top of search support RUMs already get, but the drawbacks and effects of the Field aren't nice with this card. I guess that can be solved by playing a different Field after Augmentation.

I wonder if returning a Leo to the GY with the second effect will trigger its float effect, since technically it is being sent to the GY. Would have to look up rulings on that.

Anyway, a RUM for Heraldics is nice and all plus the GY restocking effect it brings to the archetype is welcomed but that's more a middle to lategame boon and IDK if nowadays Heraldics would last enough in a duel to take full advantage of it. Plus, as mentioned above, the card suffers from lack of practical searchers and their Field works against it. IMO you can make it require 2 to 3, banished Heraldics to make the GY effect easier to use.

48 minutes ago, Darj said:

I wonder if returning a Leo to the GY with the second effect will trigger its float effect, since technically it is being sent to the GY. Would have to look up rulings on that.

Unfortunately, I think "returned" to the GY is different from being "sent" to the GY.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Return

Yeah here it is mentioned in 2nd titled paragraph "Returning banished cards to the Graveyard":

"When returning banished  cards to the Graveyard, returning is not considered to be sending a card to the Graveyard... "

Edited by BGMキャノン

10 hours ago, Darj said:

Was about to highlight Augmented Heraldry for a searcher of this card on top of search support RUMs already get, but the drawbacks and effects of the Field aren't nice with this card. I guess that can be solved by playing a different Field after Augmentation.

Anyway, a RUM for Heraldics is nice and all plus the GY restocking effect it brings to the archetype is welcomed but that's more a middle to lategame boon and IDK if nowadays Heraldics would last enough in a duel to take full advantage of it. Plus, as mentioned above, the card suffers from lack of practical searchers and their Field works against it. IMO you can make it require 2 to 3, banished Heraldics to make the GY effect easier to use.

I think Heraldics themselves as a theme are very much an outdated concept that explored the early days of the Xyz mechanic. Satellarknights and Star Seraphs being more potent engines for Rank 4 and even them being a bit underused nowadays. The archetype is essentially made to to have a sort of +0.5 average on advantage in place (+1s occationally but often just +1s, and very little -1 plays that are meant to setup the GY to start playing, which pay off if future turns do come around in the duel). Just the fact they need GY setup is already almost an outdated thing that was more common during the Synchro era a decade ago. The boon my RUM gives is more or less in line with that. It won't make or break the deck but for the pace they have, it would be sorta consistent. and definitely functional.

Also, it is a Quick-Play so Augmented Heraldry can still be somewhat dodged and you can bring out C69 during the opponent's battle phase.
I need to probably drop the "same attribute" bit since CXyzs are pretty much always DARK and their base forms not necessarily..... IDK why I lifted that from Astral Force's design as if the card was as generic to warrant it..... I'll edit that bit.

Augmentation's drawback is not something you can untie yourself from by getting rid of it on the field.... Mostly all field spells like that have "even if it leaves the field" written. This is no exception.

PD: Yeah I also will change it to 2 returned for easier usage I suppose. 2 instead of 3 is still pretty good.

Edited by Sleepy

The issue with the field, as BGM stated, is that it makes Psychic Xyzs untargetable by Spell/Traps, so if you grab this card with the field, then you can't use RUM on any Psychic Xyzs, like the Heraldic Xyzs, you go into, and you cannot go into non-Psychic Xyzs. Hence my idea of removing the field afterwards, to remove the targeting protection, although you stay locked into the SS of Psychic Xyzs are you say.

2 hours ago, Darj said:

The issue with the field, as BGM stated, is that it makes Psychic Xyzs untargetable by Spell/Traps, so if you grab this card with the field, then you can't use RUM on any Psychic Xyzs, like the Heraldic Xyzs, you go into, and you cannot go into non-Psychic Xyzs. Hence my idea of removing the field afterwards, to remove the targeting protection, although you stay locked into the SS of Psychic Xyzs are you say.

The only real option to bypass that is that you set it and wait for the turn-long lock to pass. It is not ideal but you can probably get something out of C69, C101, or C103.

As a last ditch thing you could perhaps make the effect non-targetting effect so you can at the very least be able to go into C69 with Augmented Heraldry. I almost want to suggest making it Rank up to any higher ranked Psychics as well.