Timeskipper

[OOC/PG-16/Accepting] Yu-Gi-Oh FORTUNE Redux

Since the holidays are almost over, I've decided to set the deadline for character apps to January 14th. This should give you still enough time to work on your ideas. So far, I'm liking what I'm seeing.

For the need of spending speed counters to summon pendulums during a turbo duel, is it needed even when one synchro summons a synchro pendulum monster?

P.S. How do you do the hidden contents box?

Edited by Arkars

4 hours ago, Arkars said:

For the need of spending speed counters to summon pendulums during a turbo duel, is it needed even when one synchro summons a synchro pendulum monster?

P.S. How do you do the hidden contents box?

No, only when you Pendulum Summon them.

And you need to click the eye button (if you mouse over it it should say "spoiler") in the top bar in the post editor.

By the way, we have a Discord server, it's not obligatory to join it but I recommend doing it so you can get answers from me faster if you have a question and chat with the other players.

https://discord.gg/9aXXFP5

Edited by Timeskipper

Spoiler

nqJdXlq.jpg
Name: Aster Granduchi
Personality:
Spoiler

"For all my life, I was not Aster Granduchi, but my parents son. Of course I would succeed at something, people said, I was Julia's pupil. Of course I would get something, I was Laurence's heir. Of course I would start my successful company, I had my parents backing me."

"And you know the most infuriating thing? They were right. All of them. That's why, I need to prove them wrong."
Not exactly snobbish, Aster still has a certain air of superiority around himself, and  and is the kind of person who will not accept to be bossed around. He won't throw a fit in public, he's received too good of an education for that, but he will refuse to let someone get between him and what he wants, and he knows what he wants. Even though he was helped to fund GranD-Wheel, he still cares for the company and wishes to see it ans its workers prosper, and he's aware that the current administration of the city is just backsliding to the times of his childhood, just in another form. He's just very, very determined when he sets his sight on something, be it a whim or a long-term-goal. He grew up in the high qarters of Neo Domino after all, and if he has to play the games of power to get said power for himself, then he gladly will, rotten system or not.
In this specific instance, he joined the Fortune Cup as representative of his own company to promote it. If his D-Wheel wins the cup, the popularity of the GranD-Wheel brand, winner of the famous Fortune Cup of Neo Domino, will skyrocket, and so will his popularity and name, as the duelist who triumphed in. The popularity, alongside the capital gained from his then-enriched company, he intends to use to candidate himself to the next elections. The problems with the current administration aren't going to fix themselves, he says. Might as well get to the top, and see what can be effectively done by himself. Also, and perhaps more importantly, managing this would allow him to one-up both his parents at once. Of course, anything but "he joined the Fortune Cup with a sponsorization by GranD-Wheel" is known by no one but himself.
A not-so-secondary reason, is that he likes speed. To an almost obsessive level. The idea of having to, literaly and metaphorically, slow down due to a Satisfaction victory and the ban of Momentum energy scares him perhaps more than a company bankrupcy.
He is a supporter of Anthem, due to his current business benefiting from the Momentum technology, and his utter despise for the idea of a technological regression. From his point of view, anything but try to fix and improve the Momentum energy production is just a coward's reaction, that will bring far more harm than the good Satisfaction expects.
While dueling, especially Turbo Dueling he's... passionate. He loves speed, he likes dueling and he definitely appreciates crushing whoever stands in his way. Being able to show off the product of his company doesn't hurt either.
Growing up, he distanced from his parents for a variety of reasons. Other than different politic views, even from before, he was growing irritated by having to live in the shadow of his parents. No matter what he did, he had started as a privileged. No matter what he accomplished, it was but a reflection of his parents success.
This feeling exacerbated with the political conflict caused by the second Zero Reverse, to the point that he decided that the only way to get out of the shadow of being "the Granduchi's son" playing with his parent's money, he needed to surpass them on his own, and put his company, the GranD-Wheel, in a precarious position to be able to cut ties with them, which he intends to solve by winning the Fortune Cup and boosting the sales and growth of his company like never before.

Physical description:

Spoiler
A tall, thin man with glasses, on would not imagine the amount of ferocity that Aster is capable of bringing to the table. He stands at 176 cm and 56 kilos, with green eyes and white hair he keeps into a ponytail. He usually wears formally, with shirt, necktie and trousers, but when he duels on a D-Wheel he uses his own dueling suit, with boots, gloves, jacket and protective trousers in gradients of green and metalized grey.
Both is D-Disk and D-Wheel keep the metalized grey, while adding Red and white to the color scheme, a choice Aster made in honor of the duel that changed his life. Both are some of the best pieces produced by his company, and both, in particualr the D-Wheel, have the GranD-Wheel logo seamlessly but clearly meshed in the painting.

Alignment: Anthem, despite the disagreement of his parents on this matter. Also, and especially, GranD-Wheel.

He has become a member of the Pro-Dueling circuit for the Fortune Cup, not due through the Duel Academy since he never graduated, but as the representative of his own company he has enough money to sponsor himself.

GranD-Wheel:

Spoiler

"To borrow from someone else: I do need capital. And votes. And to obtain those, I need fame."

A relatively small company founded by Aster, of which he is both the owner and the CEO. The company produces D-Wheels that use the Momentum technology, and as such it would be a devastating blow for it if Satisfaction prevailed, especially since it is still growing.

While relatively small and niche, the company is currently doing quite well thanks to it's excellent work policy and ethics, a good quality control and use of cutting-edge technologies whenever it is possible to contain the costs. Aster wants the company's name to be synonym with "quality", and it shows.

Deck:

Spoiler

Heaven Dominion

Aster uses an updated version of Greiger's (Bommer) Reactor Deck, that still uses all three the original lineup of the three Reactors (Trap, Spell and Summon) and SKY FIRE, with the trap card Fake Explosion, but it adds a few powerful addtions that turn the deck playstile from using the burn effect of its monsters to using them to more efficently control the field and gain power for them and their user instead, while making it easier to swarm the field and summon boss monsters. In the Extra Deck, he uses several copies of a retrained version of the Dark Synchro "Dark Flattop" (a.k.a. the normal TCG version). The deck also contains many generic good cards to support it and cards that synergize with the deck's strategy, such as Allure of Darkness, Black Salvo and even Dark Strike Fighter in the Extra Deck.

The new Reactor strategy focuses on bringing out their new Field Spell, which avoids the limitations of Turbo Duels by only affecting the user, as fast as possible, and then maintaining it on the field, which is very important sine once the field spell hits the fiels even once, for the rest of the duel Aster is mostly locked out of his burn effects.

Once the field is established, The Reactors keep the opponent in check while SKY FIRE is Summoned more easily thanks to the field spell and picks apart the opponent's defenses, all while his machines keep boosting themselves.

Aster boss monster is "Flying Dominion Momentum Fire", a level 10 Pendulum Synchro monster that can be summoned to quickly close the game in a single blow.

Custom cards

Spoiler
Spoiler

0ia4Av8.png

Prototype Reactor ● SF
Level 14 DARK
Machine/Tuner/Effect

1. Cannot Synchro Summon using this card as Material, except for DARK Machine monsters, in witch case this card can be treated as DARK, also, you can treat its level as 3, 4, or 5.
  2. If you control no monsters OR if you control a DARK "Reactor" monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only Special Summon "Prototype Reactor ● SF" once perturn this way.
  3. If this card is Special Summoned from the GY, banish it when it leaves the field.
  4. You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 DARK "Reactor" monster from your Deck, also you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of this turn, except DARK Machine Synchro monsters. You can use this effect of "Prototype Reactor ● SF" only once per turn.

ATK 0/DEF 800

Spoiler

lxJg2So.png

Reactor Blueprint
Spell Card

1. Add 1 of the following cards from your deck to your hand:

• WIND Machine effect monster that lists "Reactor" card(s) in its text.
  • Spell/Trap card the lists "Reactor" card(s) in its card text, except "Reactor Blueprint".

2. If this card is in your GY: You can banish this card; Send 1 DARK Machine "Reactor" monster from your Deck to the GY.
You can only activate 1 "Reactor Blueprint"per turn.

Spoiler

z04l14l.png

Aircraft Hangar - Haven
Field Spell Card

1. For the rest of the duel after this card was activated, you can choose in response to witch Summon activate the effect of "Summon Reactor ● SK" you control. Also, all effect damage that would be inflicted to your opponent by the effect of your monsters whose original level is 8 or lower is reduced to 0 upon resolution, but as long as "Aircraft Hangar – Haven" is face-up on your field you can have those effects increase your LP by the same amount instead.
  2. Once per turn: you can discard 1 card, and if you do, add 1 "Reactor" monster from your Deck to your hand.
  3. If the effect of a "Reactor" monster you control is activated in response to the activation of an opponent's Spell/Trap or Summon of a monster(s), you can also negate that card's activation (if a Spell/Trap) or destroy 1 of those monster(s) (if a monster(s)). then negate the effects of that face-up "Reactor" monster.
  4. Once per turn: You can send to the GY from your field and/or banish from your GY 3 DARK "Reactor" monsters with different names, then Special Summon 1 "Flying Fortress SKY FIRE" from your hand GY (it is treated as being properly Special Summoned by the effect of "Summon Reactor ● SK").

Spoiler

ttDsOUN.png

Engine Overheat
Continuous Trap Card

1. You can only control 1 face-up "Engine Overheat".
  2. "Aircraft Hangar – Haven" you control is unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
  3. Each time the effect of a Machine monster you control would increase or decrease the LP of a player, that Machine monster gains that much ATK and DEF, but these changes last only until the End Phase for level 8 or higher monsters.
  4. If "Flying Fortress SKY FIRE" is properly Special Summoned to your side of the field OR leaves the field due to an opponent's card: You can banish this card form the GY; Special Summon 1 DARK Machine monster from your GY, but negate its effects if it is level 5 or higher. You can use this effect of "Engine Overheat" only once per chain.

Spoiler

gHfx4Jk.png

Flying Dominion Momentum Fire
Level 10 Scale 8 DARK
Machine/Synchro/Pendulum/Effect

Pendulum Effect:
(Quick Effect): You can banish 1 monster you control and tribute this card; Special Summon "Flying Fortress SKY FIRE" from your GY, ignoring its Summoning conditions.

Monster Effect:
1 DARK Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine monsters

1. For this card's Synchro Summon you can treat a level 3 or 4 "Reactor" monster as a Tuner OR "Dark Flattop" as a level 2 Tuner.
  2. If this card attacks a defense position monster, inflict piercing battle Damage to your opponent..
  3. When this card declares an attack: You can inflict to you opponent damage equal to half their LP.
  4. If this card was Synchro Summoned using "Flying Fortress SKY FIRE" as material it gains the following effect: "● This card is unaffected by your opponent's card effects, except during your opponent's Battle Phase.
  5. If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

ATK 3200/DEF 3000

Biography:

Spoiler

"That day, the dragon that descended from the sky, the pure crimson speed of the one who wielded it... I was humbled. The sad pathetic worldview I held with such ignorance could not stand before the spectacle in front of me. Now I know, even if I burned in the Momentum, even if I was crushed by my own Sense, to be able to be that speed I witnessed even only for a moment... it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen"

Aster was born in the upper class of Neo Domino city, and for most of his childhood his life had been mostly uneventful. His parents, Laurence and Julia Granduchi, were set to become a successful politician and a businesswoman, like their parents before them. Instead of the Duel Academy or other schools when he came of age, they hired private tutors to teach him everything he needed, which meant he grew up relatively isolated form his peers, but for a stroke of luck or genetics, he matured quite fast for a kid. Not that his parents neglected him or forced him to stay in the house all the time. They liked to spend their scarce free time going out with Aster, and noticing his growing discomfort, they would later send him to take lessons of Kādoken, where he could at least socialize a bit and learn the discipline, but this happened when he was already ten.

In particular, his instructor in the following years managed to channel the restless boy's energy into the Monsutā Kādoken, though his skills are a bit rusty nowadays due to lack of practice.

Overall, he didn't have a bad childhood. On the contrary, one would not be mistaken to say he was quite spoiled. A true kid of Neo Domino, complete with the derision for the Satellite that his parents tried to correct with no avail, witch accompanied him during the first decade of his life. It was perhaps in this period of life that he developed his stubbornness and refusal to have things not go his way. During this period he developed also a passion for turbo duels, also thanks to the support of his parents.

He held strong with his conviction even as the world around him changed due to the actions of a Duelist known as Yusei Fudo. Laurence was honestly worried that his kid held such refusal to face of what he viewed as the most positive change in Neo Domino sice its foundation, and while his mother managed with time to put some sense in him, he still didn't understand how his parents, two respected members of Neo Domino upper class, could say such things. He was but a seven years old, but he was a bratty seven years old.

This came to an end when he witnessed Yusei duel against Z-ONE with the other citizens, and found himself cheering and crying at the end. After that, he apologized to him mom and dad, and becoming more open to listen to them he came to surpass and be ashamed of his older prejudices.

And so Aster grew, learning Monsutā Kādoken while cultivating his dueling abilities as a hobby, even joining the open dueling circuit sometimes when he finally could drive a D-Wheel. Though he never attended the Academy as previously stated.

His passion for those machines, that started to blossom the fated night when the Ark Cradle was stopped, pushed him to decide to found his own company to make D-Wheels at the age of 20, so he did.

However, such a thing didn't come on its own. Aster parents, now well established as wealthy members of Neo Domino "paradise neighborhoods" financed him quite a lot when he needed to start before the second Zero Reverse. Not a problem at the start, he came to dislike his debt to them as distance grew after the birth of Anthem and Satisfaction, both due to differing political views and Aster's personal issues. It came to the point where Aster used the wealth accumulated up to that point by his company just to erase the debt, become the only owner of the company, and be able to cut ties with the rest of the family with peace of mind. This move however put the company in a precarious position. While GranD-Wheel could have, with difficulty and help, return to work properly even if it needed to completely change its production methods due to a Satisfaction victory, now it would be forced to declare failure as soon as such a thing happened. But Aster wants to go big or go home, and just to make sure, he burned all bridges to said home since he has no intention of taking the second option.

Despite their position in society in fact, his parents, who had always tried to encourage politics of equality, became convinced supporters of Satisfaction, even financing some of the Pro duelists who shared that side. Aster instead supported Anthem, and in time this helped create the current family situation, to the point that son and parents hardly talk to each others anymore.

Misc. Information:

- Music themes: Aster Theme ("Dark Pit" from kid Icarus Uprising) , Duel Theme ("The Shining Law of the Strong eating the Weak" from Touhou 17)  , Altenate/Diffculty Duel theme ("Destroyed Skyworld" from Kid Icarus Uprising, fitting considering his deck's theme)

- His studio in his company's building is completely soundproof, and the entrance is equipped with a machine to pick up hidden cameras, microphones, chips and other stuff. Call it paranoia, but he intends to not let anyone bring out something that could be twisted against him, now that he intends to enter into politics in the future. There are enough privacy laws he managed to put that studio under, that anyone trying to use anything taken form there against him would find themselves sued and processed into oblivion before even a single thing could be used against Aster.

- While he now uses a D-Wheel produced by his company, he used to ride a different one before. As a gift from his parents, he now refuses completely to use it, but he still keeps it in his garage.

- While riding he wears an helmet customized by his own company to allow him to put it on and duel without taking out his glasses. He has been considering an on-custom-order-only limited lineup for those duelists who need glasses like him.

-Ruling notes:

• The effect of "Summon Reactor ● SK" to negate an attack activates during an attack declaration, targeting the attacking monster, and not during the Summon of the opponent's monster.
    • The Summon effect of "Fake Explosion" is optional, as such the card can be activated even if there is no appropriate target to summon.
    • Effects such as the effect of "Dark Flattop" that could Special Summon "Flying Fortress SKY FIRE" from the GY ignoring the Summoning conditions do NOT count as properly Special Summoning it, and thus still require for it to have been properly Special Summoned by the effect of "Summon Reactor ● SK" or by an effect that counts as such first.
    • The parts of the first effect of "Aircraft Hangar - Haven" that allows the player to decide on which summon activate the effect of "Summon Reactor ● SK" instead of being mandatory on the first, and that reduces to 0 the effect damage inflicted by level 8 or lower monsters is a condition that does not activate, and it's applied for the rest of the duel once the field spell is activated succesfully at least once. The part that allows the controller of the field spell to make those effects increase the contolling player's LP, instead of inflicting damage on the opponent, is a continuous effect that does not activate, but requires "Aircraft Hangar - Haven" effect to be active on the field upon resolution to be applied.

Edited by Arkars

Shoot, I just got busy, and am not going to be able to finish within the time limit. I hate how I was busy, stopped being on the site, got free time, rejoined, and then I got dumped a big workload. Jeez, I am sorry, and I wish my life didn't hate me.

19 hours ago, JellisOP said:

Shoot, I just got busy, and am not going to be able to finish within the time limit. I hate how I was busy, stopped being on the site, got free time, rejoined, and then I got dumped a big workload. Jeez, I am sorry, and I wish my life didn't hate me.

It's okay, you will be able to join later if you need.

Ran into some difficulties with the post editor...  Application is finally done! Please let me know if anything is missing or needs to be fixed!

Hey, sorry for the delay, sadly I've been a bit sick recently. I'm working on the opening post, and it should be ready tomorrow. Until then, I've approved everyone that still needed it, and since there are enough open places for all the characters that are vying for a spot in the Fortune Cup, there will be one for everyone.

After two fucking months of wait, for which I honestly have very little excuse, I finally have the joyous announcement to make: THE IC IS UP! THE RP IS STARTED! ANYONE WHO HAD THE PATIENCE TO STICK WITH ME AND NOT SEND A CRUISE MISSILE TO BLOW ME UP HAS MY SINCEREST THANKS!