Blake

Revealing the Recipients of the 2019 NCM Awards

Alright, the votes are in! Most categories had a winner who stood out, but there were a few that had to be solved by Yui, Tormented, and myself. Not much point to droning on, so let's get to the first ever recipients of the NCM Awards!

RE:Member
@Yui

RE:Creator
@BGMキャノン

RE:Writer
@Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

RE:Connect
@Nyx

RE:Hearse
@Thar

RE:Public
@Yui

RE:Fine

@Sleepy

RE:Born
@radio414

RE:Pair
@Tormented and @Daemon the True Admin

I believe Yui might post tallies for the votes soon, but it is up to whether he wants to or not.

So let's give a round of applause to everyone who won an award! And fore those who voted, your 1000 point bonuses will be coming soon after the awards are given out!

I would post the scores, but I already deleted the text file with all the numbers and stuff, and I don't wanna recount it all at 2:30 in the morning while I'm in dental nerve pain. If I post the scores, it'll be probably tomorrow.

Also, congratulations to our winners.

Congratulations to all! Just like the RP Awards, all the little award badges look great!

Re:Born was not something I thought I was going to win, but I guess it's hard for me to observe my own change sometimes. I know the awards are anonymous, but I'd be interested in hearing people's reasoning (if only to boost my own ego) (if you want to stay anonymous you can just send a pm or something, idk).

1 minute ago, radio414 said:

Congratulations to all! Just like the RP Awards, all the little award badges look great!

Re:Born was not something I thought I was going to win, but I guess it's hard for me to observe my own change sometimes. I know the awards are anonymous, but I'd be interested in hearing people's reasoning (if only to boost my own ego) (if you want to stay anonymous you can just send a pm or something, idk).

I voted for you as I had no idea who you really were before NCM but you've come into your own and have become a big part of the community. That was my reasoning anyhow.

I am kind of surprised about getting this. I thought my accounts of rustiness might have made people thought less of my CC stuff... Maybe some of the more experimental members might have been more noteworthy. Heck...  Either way I am thankful for people who supported me in getting this reward. ~ T'anks a million.

Edited by BGMキャノン

I am also surprised to be getting an award here--I guess I'm still thinking in terms of last year's awards and stuff. Thanks guys, and congrats to everybody who won!

Oh damn, I'm flattered.

Regardless, congrats to the other winners. Here's to a new decade!

At this point I didn't expect to ever earn an award or win in an event. I can't even properly put into words how thankful I am for this.

Thank you so much! 

There are kinder users on this site like Tormented and Sleepy. Nonetheless, I feel honored for being deemed anything of RE: Connect; be it help, listening, kindness, or pleasure. Know this, everyone. I will cherish this award. Just as I have the thanks I've received from users from past to now, the friends I made along the way, the help others gave me, the opportunities to partake in the forum(s) and their events, and so on. Also, congrats to everyone else who earned an award.

Image result for anime girl crying tears of joy

Congrats to the winners!
Glad to see some of y nominations won... although not all of them for the Award I nominated them xD
Torm & Dae really is the OTP.

Will the voting scores ever be revealed?

Almost a week ever since but, where are my manners?
Thanks for the award. I did not expect to get anything at all xD
I was fairly active last January but then I started my new job and have been ghosting around the better part of 2019, and now I'm trying to get a little more active again and balance things up better. I pretty much assumed to be forgotten haha....

And congrats to the other winners. ^-^

On 1/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, ass said:

damn dae really cheating on me like that

My life is wild. I didn't even know I had a thing with you.

who even are you?

On 1/18/2020 at 3:50 PM, Daemon the True Admin said:

My life is wild. I didn't even know I had a thing with you.

who even are you?

krow u fuck

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Blake
      Welcome ladies, gentlemen, and anyone in-between, to the first Annual Neo Card Maker Awards! We're here to celebrate our first year together as a new site, as well as look back on the past fondly! With the RP Awards wrapping up, it's the perfect time to come in with some more general awards for the site as a whole. And, what luck, it's just before the anniversary! In fact, the awards will be given out ON the anniversary!
      Thank you all for your support in getting NCM off the ground! This is the final event of the Year of Rebirth, but the site still has a long ways to go. I, and the rest of the mod team, hope to have an even brighter, even more exciting year in 2020! So let's ring it in with a bang!
      However, we do need to have a few ground rules before I move us to the categories.
      In contrast to the RP Awards, all votes will be via PM. You will send them to me, @Blake, and @Yui, who will assist me in tallying. Discussion of votes is discouraged. This thread can be used for discussion, but please do not make cases trying to sway opinions. Please make sure to specify they are for the 2019 awards in the PM title. Please do not vote if you are not active. This is mostly a matter for oneself, I'm just asking you use discretion. You cannot vote for yourself. You cannot vote for the same person more than 2 TIMES, with the exception of one award, which is specified. Similarly, someone cannot receive more than 2 awards. You must vote in at least 5 categories. You must have your vote in by 12 AM PST, January 5th. You can edit it up until that point. Those who vote receive 1000 points when it ends! Get working on those shop items, like a Custom Member Group or Profile Video! Alright! With that out of the way, the categories for this year are:
      RE:Member
      Simply vote for the best all-around member of the site! A Jack-of-all-trades. Someone you see a lot. The person who you're happiest to see. Whatever criteria, vote for who you think is the best!
      RE:Creator
      Who do you find to be the best at making cards? It could be a design buff, someone who posts a lot, someone who does zany things, or whatever other criteria you have when it comes to creating cards.
      RE:Writer
      Like to RP? Like to Write? This is the award for you! Select the person whose writing you either find the most properly executed or entertaining!
      RE:Connect
      Who's the kindest member you can think of? Or most helpful? Maybe just the most willing to listen? Maybe they're just super cordial and/or pleasant? This award is for whoever you think has the most positive impact on people, be it you, the masses, some other individual, or a combo there-of!
      RE:Hearse
      Okay, this one isn't very obvious at all... But it's for the ultimate jokester! Who makes you laugh until your ribcage hurts? Who posts the memes that draw your eye? Who makes you grin and show those pearly whites? Well, you should have a funny bone to pick with whoever you think fits!
      RE:Public
      Who seems like they're the most involved in site happenings? Whose voice do you hear the most? Who has been a force of change? Whoever you think of, that's who goes here! The most influential member, in your eyes. However, please note that you cannot vote for @Tormented, @LordCowCow, @The Warden, @Yemachu, or myself, @Blake for this award.
      RE:Fine
      You ever see a member who you just think has a snazzy avatar, signature, profile, or all of the above? Well, give them a shout-out! This award is for whoever is the most stylish member!
      RE:Born
      In past years, we've had awards for veterans or newbies... But neither of those feel quite right with the state of our little site. We're all new, yet old, with a few exceptions. So, I asked myself, what is the thing that can be quantified similarly? Old, yet new. Or new, but old. And it clicked. This is the Year of Rebirth! Who do you think you've seen change the most over this past year on NCM? Who has been reborn, in your eyes?
      RE:Pair
      This is a bit of a fun award, but it's not really that difficult. But, for this one, you vote for 2 instead of one! Yes, this is an award where you name the most iconic duo on NCM! This award does not count towards the voting restriction, so feel free to pick whatever twosome you want!
      For ease of access
      With that, I wish everyone good luck! Let's usher in the second year of NCM with applause!

• By Blake
      That's right, we're approaching time for Neo Card Maker's first Halloween Masquerade! It is currently in the planning stages, but throwing your hat into the ring in regards to interest in the event is important!
      For those unfamiliar, this is a site-wide event inherited from YCM, where members are given temporary alternate accounts to act as "Monsters" for that time! Now, these monsters could be literal monsters like Medusa... or they could simply be costumes, like Yugi Muto! The event tends to last about 10-14 days, and there's usually a mystery element to the identity of the monsters.
      Also, Boss Monsters shall make their return! These are kinda like event staff monsters, who don't necessarily have a hidden identity, but still participate in the masquerade.
      In fact... The predominant worker on this project thinks there may be a certain member we invite to be a Boss Monster this year! But it's all up to you guys to express interest!