-1 Dark Grepher

-1 World Legacy - "World Crown"

-1 The Phantom Knights of Shade Brigandine

-1 Evilswarm Nightmare

-1 The Phantom Knights of Breaksword

-1 Orcust Galatea

-1 Borrelsword Dragon

-1 Summon Sorceress

Format is online-only atm, but built only with cards that WILL be TCG legal come DANE, barring banlist changes.

Just now, Catman said:

ooh cherubini in this deck is cute, didn't think of that

not running the new counter trap?

It isn't uploaded to YGOPro, currently.

I plan to run a single copy, and it's a big part of why I decided teching World Crown was fine.

I don't think you need more, because your main wincon is through Dingirsu, Bardiche, and True King.

unknown.png

Changelog from 1.0 to 2.0

+3 Knightmare Corruptor Iblee

+1 Orcustrated Return

+1 Orcustrated Climax

+1 Phantom Knights' Fog Blade

+1 Number 92: Heart-eartH Dragon

+1 Knightmare Cerberus

+1 Knightmare Mermaid

+1 Knightmare Phoenix

+1 Knightmare Unicorn

-----

-1 Orcust Cymbal Skeleton

-1 Orcust Harp Horror

-1 Orcust Brass Bombard

-1 Dark Grepher

-1 World Legacy - "World Crown"

-1 The Phantom Knights of Shade Brigandine

-1 Evilswarm Nightmare

-1 The Phantom Knights of Breaksword

-1 Orcust Galatea

-1 Borrelsword Dragon

-1 Summon Sorceress

Alright, so after seeing some OCG lists, I decided to try some techs + the Knightmare engine, because I hadn't even thought about them.

Due to Knightmares making your Orcusts more accessible, it was easy to cut down on them, making room for more engine and other quality cards like Iblee, who is either a 1-card mermaid, thus finding your Orcustrated Knightmare, or a revive card for your Knightmares, which is pretty solid in terms of giving you bodies to do things with/make Unicorn.

Don't need 2-3 Dark Grepher when I run an arma and a rota as well, really. 

tfw Shade Brigandine isn't an effect monster so it sucks ass here, but at least Fog Blade is good.

tfw i used none of the ED cards I cut even once

tfw World Crown never came in clutch

Number 92: Heart-eartH is an OCG thing, but it makes sense, given that it completely blows out control decks if it resolves, whereas True King of All Calamities is better in other matchups. Worth testing, at least, even though I initially thought it sounded wrong.

I'm really glad to see this deck take off.  Just had a couple possible suggestions:

• Off-hand, would you consider Mathematician over Arma Knight?  They'd both end up doing the same thing ultimately except Math is also Level 3 for Cherubini plays.
  • Having 2 PK Silent Boots and removing Cloak might also be better than 1/1 if you're taking out Shade Brigadine.  Having Cloak in hand looks like it'd be absolute garbage w/o a consistent way of dumping it.
  • As good an enabler as 141 is, I don't know how useful it'd be with only 1 target in the deck.  A free Special Summon monster, a generic extender, or a powerful removal option might end up being more consistently useful in the long run.

Anyways, how is Cherubini working in the deck?  Looking at it right now, it feels a bit... off?  It looks like an opener card, but by itself it doesn't actually lead into anything.

8 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

I'm really glad to see this deck take off.  Just had a couple possible suggestions:

• Off-hand, would you consider Mathematician over Arma Knight?  They'd both end up doing the same thing ultimately except Math is also Level 3 for Cherubini plays.
  • Having 2 PK Silent Boots and removing Cloak might also be better than 1/1 if you're taking out Shade Brigadine.  Having Cloak in hand looks like it'd be absolute garbage w/o a consistent way of dumping it.
  • As good an enabler as 141 is, I don't know how useful it'd be with only 1 target in the deck.  A free Special Summon monster, a generic extender, or a powerful removal option might end up being more consistently useful in the long run.

Anyways, how is Cherubini working in the deck?  Looking at it right now, it feels a bit... off?  It looks like an opener card, but by itself it doesn't actually lead into anything.

Mathman isn’t DARK. A superior level isn’t enough when it’s a worse attribute.

You use rusty bardiche to dump cloak and set sword. Then cloak searches Boots, who summons itself, gets used as material, and then searches out RUM/Sword. A second boots doesn’t do that.

141 probably needs to be cut, yeah, I just forgot it. If I was playing with Needlefiber it would be best to keep it, due to Jet, but trying not to use it.

Cherubini is an option. It dumps Skeleton, which means your Diver/Knightmare don’t have to be spent on that, or they can be spent on getting the second copy so that you can actually use Skeleton. It can also dump PKs, but that’s not amazing.

40 minutes ago, Black said:

Mathman isn’t DARK. A superior level isn’t enough when it’s a worse attribute.

You use rusty bardiche to dump cloak and set sword. Then cloak searches Boots, who summons itself, gets used as material, and then searches out RUM/Sword. A second boots doesn’t do that.

141 probably needs to be cut, yeah, I just forgot it. If I was playing with Needlefiber it would be best to keep it, due to Jet, but trying not to use it.

Cherubini is an option. It dumps Skeleton, which means your Diver/Knightmare don’t have to be spent on that, or they can be spent on getting the second copy so that you can actually use Skeleton. It can also dump PKs, but that’s not amazing.

Being non-DARK shouldn't be an issue for Mathematician if you're just going to Normal Summon it, right? The only play it holds back is using it to directly go into Rusty, but you can use it as Mat for any Link 2 which mitigates that anyway. The only tangible downside is it can't be used with Allure, but that shouldn't come up significantly more just because of removing 1 DARK.

Ok, I suppose that's fair. I guess I've just been underestimating the Dangers so I had trouble seeing how you'd get to Rusty and have another monster on the field to use with the searched Boots. Even with that understanding though, I personally am still a bit unconvinced. Cloak only has 1 target and its entire ability to extend plays hinges on you not drawing either itself or Boots. At the very least think about it.

What matchups are you liking with this deck?

You hardcast Rusty fairly often. And it’s not a Warrior for Rota.

cloak can search the s/t, how does it only have 1 target

Deck is good against control. Like, very. However it kinda dies to aggro.

You posted this thread shortly after I watched this build here:

The PK RUM is such a spicy tech.
I would bring up the case that Mathematician can easily be used for a DARK Link2 like Overclock or Space Insulator and ladder into Bardiche from there, but if it is not really needed, then no problem with not adding it.
Also I see the Extra deck space is tight but if you can Rank4, a play I saw in a different Deck is Evilswarm Thanatos + PK RUM --> Azzathoth during the opponent's turn. Since Thanatos' effect is Quick it gets rid of its materials quickly.

21 hours ago, Black said:

You hardcast Rusty fairly often. And it’s not a Warrior for Rota.

cloak can search the s/t, how does it only have 1 target

Deck is good against control. Like, very. However it kinda dies to aggro.

Fair and fair. Forgot that the RUM was a "The Phantom Knights" card.  Thought it was just "Phantom Knights" like Fog Blade.

4 hours ago, Darj said:

You posted this thread shortly after I watched this build here:

The PK RUM is such a spicy tech.
I would bring up the case that Mathematician can easily be used for a DARK Link2 like Overclock or Space Insulator and ladder into Bardiche from there, but if it is not really needed, then no problem with not adding it.
Also I see the Extra deck space is tight but if you can Rank4, a play I saw in a different Deck is Evilswarm Thanatos + PK RUM --> Azzathoth during the opponent's turn. Since Thanatos' effect is Quick it gets rid of its materials quickly.

Honestly, the RUM feels like a natural extension rather than a tech.

The Azzathoth play is a strong one to consider, especially since the deck is pretty naturally running PK and the RUM. However, you'd kinda need to rework it a bit since it doesn't really do Rank 4 that well (if Harp Horror is ever on the field, things have gone terribly wrong).

1 minute ago, Tinkerer said:

Honestly, the RUM feels like a natural extension rather than a tech.

The Azzathoth play is a strong one to consider, especially since the deck is pretty naturally running PK and the RUM. However, you'd kinda need to rework it a bit since it doesn't really do Rank 4 that well (if Harp Horror is ever on the field, things have gone terribly wrong).

That, and is no that different to dropping the True King. The main difference is that True King can be negated by Impermanence and Gamma if the opponent has no cards on its board yet.