Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Sketchy Alley~

With how I have work, unfinished videogames, and a few personal projects going on, this sounds very unwise.... BUT!
I made something like this back in YCM when I started using brush pens and markers so I could get used to them a little better. I wanna repeat that here.

What's this about? If you want something to be drawn, drop the idea here and I'll sketch out something.... potentially ink/color but don't wanna make that promise as to not procrastinate my thread into the ground thinking about it xD

Logo-thingie:

Spoiler

XUvZetE.jpg

Hmm.....well, the idea didn't seem to go anywhere, but...

Would it be too vague to request you draw what you'd imagine a "gijinka" Neo Card Maker would be?

1 minute ago, LordCowCow said:

Would it be too vague to request you draw what you'd imagine a "gijinka" Neo Card Maker would be?

Hmm... I thought of the mascot concept but didn't really come up with anything back when it was brought up at the status posts.
I tried sketching something up a few times but could not relate the results to NCM in any way xD
Stuff like Kuriboh or DMG were crossed out due to the forums involving more than just Yugioh's card game.
The two main ideas were a shiba, or a cute anime girl. The latter being the one brought up a little more.... Also since you said Gijinka, it is probably the keyword to start with.
Though beyond that any other feature is up in the air. 
If I get a few more features to take into account, I could probably get to work ^^"

13 hours ago, Darj said:

Male hyena Furry Ranger with the Blue or Black color.

I thought you of all people would have fakemon prepared for this sort of thread should it ever come out.
It flatters me though that you ask me for essentially a continuation of the bunny I drew. Someone is fond of Haida xD
I don't think I can pull off drawing a hyena that doesn't end up looking like a dog, but I think I'll give it a shot... after I cover Cow's request xP

On 1/13/2020 at 5:57 PM, LordCowCow said:

Let this be a base to build upon. From here it'd be easier to pinpoint stuff like the hair, eyes, clothes, or anything else to change up.
Tried to use the site colors as they appear in the site skin/theme I'm using, and to make the character a girl with fairly short hair (except for the two bangs on the sides) that seems into stuff like card games, pokemon, videogames, etc. I wanted to make a sketch portraying roleplays in some way but have no idea what that'd look like. THOUGH tbh in the uncolored ones it looks a bit too similar to how I draw myself for YCM's profile a while ago... so please tell me what to change xD

Spoiler

XSblXyX.jpg

On 1/14/2020 at 3:07 AM, Darj said:

Male hyena Furry Ranger with the Blue or Black color.

I wasn't sure how to go about this one. Let's see what your thoughts are on it when you wake up xD

Spoiler

V7gkh33.jpg

Most of it looks solid and I appreciate you gave him an axe.The head, though... it's not so hyena-like xD

Looks more like rodent-based than an feliform. The nose/snout can be bigger or longer. And I imagined a more feral expression, like Wolf from Star Fox series, Obstagoon, or perhaps madness like the hyenas from the Lion King animated movie. But the current expression is fine if it the Furry Rangers are meant to be friendly.

Edited by Darj

14 hours ago, Darj said:

Most of it looks solid and I appreciate you gave him an axe.The head, though... it's not so hyena-like xD

Looks more like rodent-based than an feliform. The nose/snout can be bigger or longer. And I imagined a more feral expression, like Wolf from Star Fox series, Obstagoon, or perhaps madness like the hyenas from the Lion King animated movie. But the current expression is fine if it the Furry Rangers are meant to be friendly.

Tough crowd xD
I originally wanted to draw 1 axe on each hand and have him cross them up in more or less the position that one is at.
Hmm I was going for how the bunny ranger I drew had a relatively short nose/mouth so I was wondering if it'd look weird if I radically changed the furry direction there xD
Though gotta see if I can come up with some edits for it. You don't really need to worry about what the furry rangers are meant to look like. This is YOUR request after all so it looks how you want it to. If it was part of my hypothetical set of furry power rangers I probably wouldn't even have included a hyena because I'd end up drawing a weird-looking dog instead.... xP
Feral/wild expression buh? Not the first thing that comes to mind when I think Power Rangers but maybe it can work.

K... I'll shoot. Since I've seen witches seem to be your forte... How about a witch?... But, here is a catch... Her clothing, hair, and/or accessories must incorporate candles and  candle wax or anything relating to those somehow (candle holder, candle snuffer, etc).

Edited by BGMキャノン

21 minutes ago, BGMキャノン said:

K... I'll shoot. Since I've seen witches seem to be your forte... How about a witch?... But, here is a catch... Her clothing, hair, and/or accessories must incorporate candles and  candle wax or anything relating to those somehow (candle holder, candle snuffer, etc).

So I suppose you could call them a WICKan

Anyway...

That's actually really great. I know I wasn't super good with details but that seems pretty legit.
Hm, hm...dang I'm bad at critiques for this kinda thing.

I'll think on it some more ^^;

15 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

So I suppose you could call them a WICKan

Anyway...

That's actually really great. I know I wasn't super good with details but that seems pretty legit.
Hm, hm...dang I'm bad at critiques for this kinda thing.

I'll think on it some more ^^;

No worries. It is also not mandatory that you gotta give me stuff to change if you do like the way it came up. Not to mention it being sketch means there's a more polished drawing that could be done with what we have too down the road xP
Don't wanna make you feel pressured. This thread is gonna stay open in case you think up something or if you wanna request something else too.

39 minutes ago, BGMキャノン said:

On it. Looking at some potential witch clothing though since my witch characters pretty much just wear oversized hoodies..... and I'm saying this while being aware I might end up doing that here too if I can't pull off something else haha xD
*cough* anyways.....  I'm already sketching it up. As for the message.... if you are not particularly keen on the idea, I can also bring up other stuff.
What are you more comfortable with drawing btw? Machines? Creatures? Humans? =0

17 minutes ago, Nyx said:

A nun girl with angel wings! Or a scythe. Either works for me.

Awright. xP 
Gonna try my hand at it.

2 hours ago, BGMキャノン said:

It'd look better with the background darker, but for now this is as is in case other stuff seems off xP

Spoiler

qdk7Apk.jpg

1 hour ago, Nyx said:

A nun girl with angel wings! Or a scythe. Either works for me.

xP

Spoiler

9ASD8V6.jpg

I like how you drew the wisp of smoke around your character... That detail is stunning. And definitely love the oil lamp for a hat. The added candles on the end of her candle snuffer staff (or broom?) also is pretty neat.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Hey for everybody, it is totally fair game to request stuff again however much you want to.
Though there is just one condition: I'll only hear 1 request at a time for each person, otherwise I'd end up procrastinating and dropping this eventually out of despair xD
I want to keep drawing stuff... and who knows, maybe down the road I can ink and color some of them.

... Okay. I'll entertain another one: so I would like to see how you would depict a golem (rock giant) whose body is comprised of a storm shelter (above ground or below ground).

sketch a sketchpad sketching a sketchbook

Gonna drop this comment here to at least acknowledge that I read the requests and will work on them.
Just that every day I've either been too busy to do anything other than sleep and work, or have had time but somehow lacked in energy so I ended up napping through said free time. Will get to them for sure though xD

Edited by Sleepy