Morphing Jar #2
Performage Damage Juggler
Tribe-Infecting Virus

Sky Striker Ace – Kagari
Book of Moon
The Phantom Knights’ Rank-Up-Magic Launch

Solemn Warning
Soul Drain

The heck? It's a freaking meta massacre. No Colossus, no Engage, and funny they unlimit Kagari at the same time. They even banned my favorite Orcust by artwork and concept.

Once I saw the PK RUM back I assumed something happened to Azathot, and sure enough, it got banned xD

Having the EARTH True King sounds fun for Dinosaurs.

Just now, Darj said:

The heck? It's a freaking meta massacre.

Aye, its a bloodbath. I'd say its clearing the way for new meta, once the updated rules come into effect in April.

I've had to pretty much rebuild all my decks on Duel Monsters Genesis to salvage what I can. The limiting of Demise is what I consider the most damaging. It cripples anything that doesn't have either its own draw power or a compatible draw engine.

At least now Solemn Warning is at 3.

Oh right, just realized the hit both Cards of Demise and Sekka's Light, cutting draw power to the decks that played them. I find it as such a pity because I liked the alternative decks these cards encouraged, even if Cards of Demise was mainly played in floodgate decks. Into the Void is also a draw power card, but in its case I'm fine with the hit because it encouraged turbo builds with DWs, Dangers!, etc. and I don't find that as appealing as the decks supported by Demise, Sekka's Light, and even Pot of Extravagance. And yet, kind of on the other side of the coin, the limit on Red Reboot benefits Trap-based decks, encouraging deck diversity.
Speaking of floodgates, x3 Soul Drain seems amusing. It will come in handy as a meta call when GY and/or banish-centric decks dominate.
I don't like the Pankratops hit. It was my go-to card for maindeck backrow removal since it can pop both monsters and Spell/Traps. Granted, I only played 2 copies, but even if it's not a major change, it is 1 less backrow remover in the maindeck.

9 hours ago, MetalSonic said:

Why did Azathot get hit? I haven’t been paying too much attention to the meta lately.

It was a trade-off. It gets banned so PK Launch can come back. You can only have one or the other since having both means you can use Launch to Rank-Up a DARK monster into Azathot during your opponent's turn, and thus locking your opponent out of monster effects per Azathot's effect. That's why PK Launch was banned in the first place, since it is a very searchable spell and Konami knee-jerks so hard they hit their chin.

Incidentally, it would be fabulous if Konami banned the toxic as hell Utopic Zero so Argent Chaos Force can come back. (ACF was banned because the deck would dump it into the grave, then summon Utopia the Lightning to trigger UFC's grave recall to make Utopic Zero. So instead of hittin UZ, they hit ACF because knee jerk reaction.)

Also, Brilliant Fusion has had this coming for a very long time.

I'm not even mad to lose Harp Horror and Miragestallio if they take Azathot, Colossus, and Mobilize down with them. This meta has badly needed a reset, and Launch absolutely did not deserve to be banned because of Azathot abuse. Although, there's also VFD, so unless I'm missing something, wouldn't that still be a problem with Launch back?

18 hours ago, MetalSonic said:

Why did Azathot get hit? I haven’t been paying too much attention to the meta lately.

In addition to shenanigans with the PK RUM, turbo Decks like Dark World Dangers! and the like, and IIRC Lunalights as well, dropped it ASAP to stop any monster hand traps from the opponent for the rest of the turn. It seems they decided to ban Azathot due to the latter and with it gone, the PK RUM has less reasons to remain banned. But without PK Bardiche around, I don't see it going too far anyway.

Although probably strongly irrelevant these days, I, for one, really love that Tribe Infecting Virus is back in TCG... It is about time. It seems it could probably be a good side somewhere down the line and I can see it be teched in modern Mermail/Atlantean builds nicely.

Edited by BGMキャノン