a1joryj

Superheavy Samurai "Soul" cards

h3ntmiZ.png

Superheavy Samurai Soulavenger, LV2, Earth

Machine/Effect

200/1500

During your Battle Phase, you can discard this card from your hand, then target one "Superheavy Samurai" monster you control that has 1500 DEF or less. FOr the rest of this turn, that montser may attack while in defense position, and may attack your opponent directly. During the turn this effect is activated, you can banish 1 "Superheavy Samurai" monster from your GY: the targeted monster gains an additional attack. During tne End Phase, destroy the targeted monster, then draw 1 card.

I'll be real, got inspired to make this from Berserker Soul, this is basically meant to be an anime rage card for doing brutal damage to an opponent for whatever reason. I wouldn't say this is very competitively viable.

3OmStVm.png

Superheavy Samurai Soulkatana

Earth, LV 5

Machine/Effect, 1600/1800

You can target 1 "Superheavy Samurai" monster you control: equip this monster from your hand or your side of the field to that target. While this card is face-up on the field, all "Superheavy Samurai" monsters may attack while in defense position, and apply their DEF for Damage Calculation. If the equipped monster destroys a monster in battle (except a Link monster): you can Special Summon it to your side of the field in defense position (its Battle position cannot be changed, even by card effects.) and it is treated as a "Superheavy Samurai" monster while on your side of the field. A monster Special Summoned by this effect cannot be used for Xyz or Link Summons.

So, I wanted to make more "Soul" Superheavy weapons based on weapons that Samurai would use and give them appropriate/useful effects. Obviously, samurai loved katanas, so, here you go. First of all, it gives your whole field the Big Benkei effect of letting all SHS monsters attack while in DEF mode, including Blue Brawler, Daihachi, and Scales if you want to, but it ALSO includes the monsters this card steals. I do admit, I was slightly inspired by Goyo Guardian's effect with this one, but here I wanted to make it so that it followed the tradition of like, "You have defeated you, I honor our battle and wish to join your noble cause" or something like that (it's like 2 in the morning lol), so it steals whatever monster it destroys and then converts it into an SHS so it can attack, and you can also use it for Synchro material because why not. 

kf2boUl.png

Superheavy Samurai Soulshuriken, LV 3, Earth

Machine/Effect, 300/500

You can target 1 "Superheavy Samurai" monster you control: equip this monster from your hand or your side fo the field to that target. When the equipped monster destroys a monster in battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to either the ATK or DEF of the destroyed monster, whichever is higher. During your Battle Phase, if you have no Spell/Trap cards in your GY, you can discard this card from your hand: target one "Superheavy Samurai" monster on your field: it can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

I heard from a couple sources that samurai used to use shuriken as well, I know they were mostly a ninja thing but, eh. So one thing I noticed with the Superheavies is that they have a lot of swinging power, but because they can only attack once its usually not enough to go for a kill. That's where this comes in, either dealing some sick burn damage or allowing your big ol' Susanowo or Big Benkei to attack everything your opponent has. Combined with the Soulkatana mentioned above and maybe discarding a Soulbustergauntlet if you have it on hand, and you have a REAL chance to swing for an OTK if all goes according to plan.