Sign in to follow this  
Summer Darj

[Written] Awakened Kaiju Superiority

cipltEz.png
Awakened Kaiju Superiority
Continuous Trap
If this card is activated while your opponent controls a "Kaiju" monster, or more monsters than you do: You can Special Summon 1 "Kaiju" monster from your Deck or GY, and if you do, place 3 Kaiju Counters on this card. The ATK/DEF of "Kaiju" monsters your opponent controls are halved, also their effects cannot be activated. While you control a "Kaiju" monster, negate the effects of all face-up monsters on the field and in both player's GYs whose original ATK are lower than the ATK of the "Kaiju" monster you control with the lowest ATK.

Thought about making some kind of "The Monarchs Erupt" for Kaijus, depicting a Kaiju intimidating weaker monsters from using their effects, and rewarding you for playing Kaijus for more than their Tribute-based removal. Unlike Erupt, this will stop the effects of monsters in the GY as well, and should stop most discard hand traps, but on the other hand, it also negates your monsters too and thus isn't one-sided. It won't stop things like Nibiru, though. The Kaiju-weakening effect is to ensure your Kaiju is bigger than the opponent's, lock it from using its effect and the Kaiju Counters on this card, and also to lessen the risk of being beaten by the very Kaiju you gave to it.

Thoughts?

Edited by Darj

What’s the point in specifying with the lowest ATK when you can only control 1 kaiju in the first place?

Anyway, love the effect, especially since it makes the other kaijus more playable like my personal favorite, Kumongous, though the bigger ones are probably the most practical options just to have a wider range of monsters to negate.

AFAIK if you negate the effect of a Kaiju, the highlander clause is negated as well, letting you control another Kaiju, although you still can't Summon another one so it would be in scenarios like Skill Drain + Remove Brainwashing. Still, the condition is to be more clear on what happens in that instance, as unlikely as it is.

I too like Kumongous, and the counter-generating effect of the Spell is a way to make it more desirable despite its low ATK compared to other Kaijus. I could go for an ATK/DEF boost for your Kaijus instead of cutting the stats of opposing Kaijus, but then you would not be as safe if you were to lose your Kaijus.

Damn that is brutal... I mean I primarily seen Kaiju as boss killer engine, but this might give them additional edge over the increments of the that which would go into boss monsters... It could also be pretty handy in Skill Drain beatdown strats. And although pretty obvious to people who have played Kaiju, it should be noted that Gameciel could slap the final nail in the coffin for your opponent who doesn't run easily accessible monsters whose ATK exceeds 2200 (to bait its innately abusive non-OPT effect).

The thing is It doesn't help with going 1st plays which Kaiju naturally abysmal at handling; it only further cements the Deck as best going 2nd which can cause complication in dealing with possible OTKs when your opponent is the one going 2nd. It comes down to being an all or nothing strat. So naturally you would want to play things that naturally hinder your opponent like Inspect Boarder when going 1st... Or at least something to buy you time to be able to further implement some form of lock down.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Indeed, it's not exactly a card that assists the archetype when going first beyond Setting this in an opening turn and wait for your opponent to control more monsters than you to drop the beater + Skill Drain. Also helps when you get Kaiju'd yourself. But that's fine IMO, I don't intent to support Kaijus when going first since they are about board breaking and opening turn support feels off-theme to me. Plus it could get silly with Gameciel + Kaiju Counters.

Edited by Darj

In a pure deck, that could be a problem, but I think a Dino deck could be the best way to play this card using Dogoran. UCT has more ATK than Dogoran, thus won’t be negated. Dogoran also comes with a Raigeki effect that can allow UCT to go in for 3500 direct damage. Dogoran is also a dinosaur, so it gains some synergy with Dino support like the evolution pills and Lost World.

Love this idea. Not worrying about giving your opponent a stronger Kaiju or having the Kaiju you give your opponent have an effect that can disrupt you via your own field's counters. Plus letting you put a Kaiju on board as a Trap Effect so cushion you on the opponent's turn sounds like something the deck needed.

Heck the biggest thing is giving them their effects in a non-Kaiju build. Gamaciel becomes a Vortex Dragon on top of its boss killing purpose.

The last effect however seems a bit too good. Skill Drain effect on its own would be iffy considering how everything prior to it is already so good, but on top of that it has Soul Drain built onto it? You get a 3k DEF single-shot omni-negator or a 3k ATK Raigeki among other stuff on board already and you are not content with those? Or the archetype's Gidora that's like a lowkey Neo Tachyon Dragon... I wanna use that last card somehwere...hmmm.. anyways..... I think the general Skill Drain and Soul Drain effects are overkill, even if they are based on Kaiju stats, which 2200 isn't all that low....

8 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Love this idea. Not worrying about giving your opponent a stronger Kaiju or having the Kaiju you give your opponent have an effect that can disrupt you via your own field's counters. Plus letting you put a Kaiju on board as a Trap Effect so cushion you on the opponent's turn sounds like something the deck needed.

Heck the biggest thing is giving them their effects in a non-Kaiju build. Gamaciel becomes a Vortex Dragon on top of its boss killing purpose.

The last effect however seems a bit too good. Skill Drain effect on its own would be iffy considering how everything prior to it is already so good, but on top of that it has Soul Drain built onto it? You get a 3k DEF single-shot omni-negator or a 3k ATK Raigeki among other stuff on board already and you are not content with those? Or the archetype's Gidora that's like a lowkey Neo Tachyon Dragon... I wanna use that last card somehwere...hmmm.. anyways..... I think the general Skill Drain and Soul Drain effects are overkill, even if they are based on Kaiju stats, which 2200 isn't all that low....

The intended trade-off of the Skill/Soul Drain effect is that it also affects your side, so unless you are playing a deck that benefits from, or at least isn't affected by, Skill and/or Soul Drain, you more often than not will end up holding your ground with the Trap and your biggest Kaiju. Even in a Kaiju deck you wouldn't be able to swarm with other Kaijus.