---

Only ones that are even all that memorable for me apart from ones that originated elsewhere are essentially Shugo Chara, Log Horizon and maybe 1 or 2 others (but seeing as I have to say it like that, maybe not). Soundtracks in general, I mean. There's a good few OP & EDs, like Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles sounded like just the right blend of traditional and J-Pop, and nearly every Aikatsu! song gets me.

So like I don’t mean to take this thread off topic but theres a thing Anime themes do a lot when like a badass moment is happening or like someone’s making a last stand/unlocks a power or whatever and it’s just the hypest shit.

Last Stardust has, Attack on Titan OST 2 (?) has it?

Is there a genre to this because I just want to listen to them all the time thx.

My top 3 are probably Kill la Kill, My Hero Academia, and Haikyuu. Sawano Hiroyuki and Hayashi Yuki are amazing composers.

My favorite anime song of all time is probably Daze from Mekakucity Actors. It's incredible.

My favorite from last year is definitely Grand Blue. The show was amazing and the opening song was the coolest shit ever!

9 hours ago, Tormented said:

So like I don’t mean to take this thread off topic but theres a thing Anime themes do a lot when like a badass moment is happening or like someone’s making a last stand/unlocks a power or whatever and it’s just the hypest shit.

Is there a genre to this because I just want to listen to them all the time thx.

Reading this just immediately gets one of those rare recurring insert songs I guess you could say, stuck in my head. Bleach's Number One.

In general, most if not all of the OSTs from: Yu-Gi-Oh! DM/GX/5D's, Naruto Shippūden, Dragon Ball Z/GT/Super & HunterxHunter.

In particular, these are the ones I can recall right now: YGO DM - Shuffle, Wild Drive & Warriors. GX - Precious Time, Glory Days. 5D's - Last Train. Naruto - Hero's Come Back!!, Blue Bird, Moshimo & Goodbye Memory. DB Z - Cha-La Head-Cha-La. GT - Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku. Super - Hello Hello Hello, Starring Star, Yoka Yoka Dance, Genkaitoppa X Survivor, Boogie Back & Haruka. HxH - Departure! & Hyōri Ittai. 

Also, like Tormented mentioned, many divine/badass tunes that play when something is going down such as: DBZ Power-up/Transformation scenes & YGO themes of the god cards/Orichalcos seal etc.

(Remember that Latin music that plays on HxH, when Hisoka makes an appearance, anyone?)

On 1/11/2019 at 11:46 AM, Tormented said:

Dunno about specific genre/name for those kinds of things, but I'd say check out Hiroyuki Sawano. He makes tons of songs of that kind of really "epic"/grandiose nature.