Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Shooting Stars (IC/PG-16/Co-hosted by Yui/Pending Acceptance)

"I wouldn't ask if I wasn't okay with it, buddy! Still, I dunno if I'd called your Quirk dangerous. Protective maybe, but not dangerous."

Yu let out a sigh of relief, being calmed by the American’s laid back attitude, finding it comforting that his books about high school were right about at least one thing. In a way, they were both outsiders to this school as well as the world outside of it, and Yu was glad to now have a friend who would understand the same struggle.

“Maybe Hane-san thinks the same way…”

"So... any girl catch your eye?"

“Eeh?”

Yu froze with a surprised expression on his face as Hane effortlessly bounced across the room, brazenly asking everyone if they were dating before bouncing back with the practiced grace of a gymnast.

“Is this really what Americans are like?”

"Okay, that's settled. So, as I was asking, got anyone in your sights?"

Yu floundered out loud as his eyes searched the classroom for a girl. With all the excitement, he had not had much time to consider his fellow classmates in that way. As his eyes darted across the room from girl to girl, he could feel the expectant Hane staring at him, waiting. As the silence grew, Yu blurted out an answer.

“Eeuuh...Hioni-san is kinda cute I guess. She looks very friendly too!”

Yu’s stomach turned a little immediately after saying it, only considering the consequences of telling such a thing to a classmate he had just met. How could he know he would keep it secret? He didn’t really think of Hioni-san in that way, but what would happen if he told her? This train of thought was cut off when Arai-sensei returned to the room with a giant in tow.

The slender man had to stoop to walk through the doorway, towering over the whole class as the students took their respective seats. Yu was astonished at the man’s sheer size, wondering if it was his Quirk that made him so tall. His speech, while brief, was encouraging.

“I wonder if I could be a hero like that?” Yu thought as he looked at Theodore, who now laid limp on his lap.

"Now, you've all studied Hero History 101, correct. Let's begin our first lesson then shall we. It all started when a baby was born shining with a mysterious light."

Yu sighed in relief as he opened his notebook, ready to participate in the first normal school experience of the year.

---

"Tomorrow we'll talk more in depth about the Starkiller City incident.  But that'll be all for today.  Your stuff has been moved here from your places of residence, and outside o f your dorms.  Take the rest of the day to move your belongings into your new roomsooms, and get to know your roommate.  You'll be spending a lot of time with them. Don't cause trouble.  Later!"

Yu smiled as he gathered his supplies and headed out the door with Theodore following close behind.

"I'll see you at our room, Hane-san!" Yu said, waving at him before departing for the dormitories.

He had prepared some of the more hardy specimens of his collection to be delivered to his new room, donating the rest of them in the care of the local botanical garden. While it was hard to give up most of his collection, he knew that school required sacrifices for his future.

As he approached the dormitory building, he saw that his collection had been neatly packed next to the rest of his things in a cardboard box, covered in a plastic sheet to protect it from the rain. Yu smiled as he carried the box into his room. While the room was austere and devoid of any color, there was a small window with a convenient shelf next to it  Leaving the rest of his stuff outside, Yu busied himself with gingerly placing each plant on the windowsill, arranging them so that each would get the right amount of light, finishing the display with a small statue of Kannon in the center. Only after being satisfied with the arrangement did he start unpacking his suitcase.

Well then, look at who I ended up with. Not that there were safe picks in the competition.

His roommate was the one that looked like he had just came out of house arrest. Hell, for all the Midome knew that might have actually been the case. The thoughts on how to organize his future staying with that mountain of a man accompanied him the whole lesson. Then again, who knew, maybe he was actually a softie underneath... yeah, sure.

He took a sip from his flask while returning to the desk. It would have helped to get at least the hunger out of his mind, and he needed to remake the skin on the arm anyway.

Before Mr. Arai launched himself into a lecture on the origin of heroes and quirks, their... sponsor? Came to visit them. Midome wasn't sure if the man truly believed that they could have made fine heroes or if he was just screwing with them for whatever reason, but without him he wouldn't have had such an opportunity, so Midome felt quite thankful to the man. if this Mr. Bakker had made as much progress as he claimed, there wasn't reason why Midome couldn't manage to reach at least a bit of the same success.

As the class ended, Midome checked his stuff to see if he had recovered everything. Pencils, papers, rubber... that Yu had made a true mess. At the very least, Midome thought, nothing seemed to have been broken. Well, nothing of his at least, but the rest wasn't his concern.

it's no use to keep procrastinating, you'll have to go to the dorm eventually.

With an internal sigh, he walked towards his soon-to-be roombuddy. Midome wasn't short, but this Akuma felt like he was higher than him even while sat.

"So, wanna go see the dorms?"

“Eeuuh...Hioni-san is kinda cute I guess. She looks very friendly too!” Yu told Hane, who nodded in response. Interesting, interesting. The devil girl was cute, but did this mean Yu was into bondage or something? Well, never let it be said Hane didn't have an opened mind. He mentally scratched the devil off his flirting list, right when their teacher came in with a visitor in tow. Hane bounced back to his seat, listening to the man's words.

"This is Hairo Academies largest benefactor.  Without him, this school wouldn't be here, and you would all have likely ended up in prison."  Mr. Arai spoke up before letting the new guy walk up and speak.

"Good day, Students of Hairo.  My name is Zwart Bakker."  Loosening the tie around his neck, he smiled.  "I was once in your shoes, unable to become a hero because of my past, and who my parents were,"  Hane's jaw clenched a little, listening to the man's words. That hit a little too close to home. "However, I changed my course for the better, and now I help the world in different ways," Who was to say that the career choice of being a hero was the right path? Sure, that was what society said, but Hane had seen the red tape most heroes refused to cross, and how that let people get hurt...  The speech went on for a little longer, before the man finally left. With that, class started.

This was basic history. Did people really not know this? Hane had no clue, but he suspected a lot of people didn't care in the first place. He personally enjoyed it, but... this was all stuff he already knew. Independent research and all.

"Tomorrow we'll talk more in depth about the Starkiller City incident. But that'll be all for today.  Your stuff has been moved here from your places of residence, and outside of your dorms. Take the rest of the day to move your belongings into your new roomsooms, and get to know your roommate. You'll be spending a lot of time with them. Don't cause trouble. Later!"

With a sigh, Hane stood up, stretching a bit. Well, class was over. Time to do some hero work before settling into his dorm.

"I'll see you at our room, Hane-san!" Yu said, waving at him before departing for the dormitories. Hane gave him a two fingered salute of acknowledgement before he reached into his bag, pulling out a garbage bag. With a whistle, he headed towards the dorms, keeping his eyes on the ground. Any piece of litter he'd find, he pick up, placing it in the bag. It was cleaner than America, to be sure, but there was still a decent amount of litter.

Still, he got to the dorm in a decent amount of time. He saw Yu was already unpacking, so he might as well do the same. He brought his stuff in, opening the boxes and checking to see if everything was in there. So far, it seemed to be. First things first. Hane found the perfect spot on the wall, placing up a poster of a superhero, the poster proudly displaying the name Silver Comet.

That was one of the few heroes Hane still had respect for, as he was willing to team up with Hane's band with vigilantes in order to take down a tricky villain. The hero never looked down on Hane, just told him when he was ready to take the next step, he would let Hane intern at his associate to work towards a hero license.

... Too bad Comet's license was temporarily revoked once it came out he worked with vigilantes. He took his mask, placing it next to his bed, just setting it to the side. Looking around, the room was kinda empty....

"Yo Yu. I'm thinking of saving up for a TV. You think we should do it, or go without?" Hane asked absentmindedly. It'd probably take about three months, but if he was diligent, he could save up for one.

“A TV? Well, I don't watch too much of it, but I suppose I could buy one for our room if you'd like?” Yu answered, typing away on his phone. Hane looked at the boy, a bit confused before it clicked for him.

"Whoa man, that's a lotta money to just drop, ya know?" Hane commented. "You really should save some for the rest of the year,"

“Oh, no worries Hane-San! I have no problems with that kind of thing. When I left for the city, the government men gave me a card that let's me get what I need!” Yu replied with a smile, before returning to his phone, “Perhaps I should also get something to eat...Do you like sushi Hane-San?

"... I...," Hane paused, putting his fist to his chin as he thought. "I mean, it's your money. Get whatcha want, I'll eat anything,"

“Ok then, I'll get two unagi specials delivered!”

"Right, sounds good," He pulled out his phone before sighing to himself. "Crap, forgot to get her number...," He shook his head, he turned to Yu. "Anyways, I'm gonna hang out with Kiburi later. You wanna come with?"

“That sounds nice! This is a good day to get some ice cream, I think!” Yu commented. Hane flopped onto his bed, muttering to himself. He didn't realize that he was rooming with a rich kid. He only hoped that Yu didn't start looking down on him for his lack of money, and he certainly hoped Yu wouldn't try to pay for everything. That was the last thing he wanted.

But now wasn't the time to worry about it. He stared at the ceiling, waiting for the food to arrive...

bg8JhGZ.png?1

After Hero History, class was dismissed.  Juryo sat in his chair while everybody else left the classroom.  He closed his eyes, and waited for the shuffling to cease, before opening his eyes again.  They tracked over to Keika, who stood alone with his bag slinged over his shoulder.  Juryo couldn't help but crack a smile.

"Well aren't you sweet?"  Juryo did the same, mirroring Keika's pose as closely as possible.  "Well, let's head back to our place then."  That was certainly a phrase he thought he'd never say to this guy.  "I got tons of snacks and stuff, but you gotta arm wrestle for what you want, capiche?!"  Juryo had leaned in to emphasize the last word, before straightening himself up again.  He turned his heel to start to walk out the door, looking over his shoulder to now in turn wait for Keika.  "You comin' or what?  I'm pretty bushed, you know?"

dF8FFBg.jpg

"It's lovely!" 

With her new roommates exclamation, Miyu couldn't help but squeak and smile.  

"It's not the best room, but we're sure making it work," Toshiko smiled, stepping up onto her bed to start attaching the hooks to the ceiling, and hanging up the stars on them. "I've never shared a room with someone or even had a sleepover, so this is exciting! Do you want some stars on your side of the room, too? These seem to be all the ones from my room back home, so they might be pretty densely-packed if I try hanging all of them up just over here."

"Yes! Yes! Yes!  Gimme those stars!"  Miyu jumped up and down, as she took the decorations from the girl and started placing them around her side.  Even if the room was pretty janky, she was glad to have a roommate like Toshiko.  For once in her life, Miyu was rather excited.  

7yXSqaj.png?1

The Next Day

x0eOz9T.jpg?1

"Many heroes lost their lives during the Starkiller City event, but a Hero knows what's on the line every time he steps outside his agency.  Double Dragon and Hiroki Goto were both saved that day, and the city was placed under a quarantine until all the villains were purged from the streets."  Mr. Arai stopped reading to look over the students.  "Less than a fraction of villains managed to escape the clutches of justice that day, but we can say for certain that the Ringleader and his most powerful allies were dealt with."  Mr. Arai closed the book he held in his hand.  "It's almost been a decade since the incident, but I remember playing a very supportive roll that day."  He rubbed the nape of his neck, and stretched it from side to side.  "I can almost feel all the breaks and bruises I got back then...sheesh."  He placed the book on his desk, and clapped his hands together.  "Now that our Hero History lesson of the day is over, I have an important announcement."  A cheesy grin painted itself on Arai's face.  

"As you can plainly see, we don't have much staff around here.  It's pretty much just me, our resident engineer, and a couple of wardens to keep the place safe.  Due to the fact that this school was erected in such a hurry, we're kinda low on supplies."  He laughed, as he could hear a couple of confused groans coming from the students.  "Look, look, I know it might've been my job to do most of the shopping, but I'm only one guy, so please bear with your teacher."  He bowed to them.  "This also gives you an opportunity to conduct yourselves in a proper manner outside of school, spread our name around and get people to start noticing your efforts!"  He clapped his hands together once more.

"Well, let me list off our groups!  Toshiko, Akuma, Keika, and Hane will be responsible for the groceries.  Kiburi, Nanami, and Juryo will be the ones to grab electronics.  And last but not least, Yu, Midome, and Miyu are off to get the office supplies!"  

"WHAT!?  Office supplies!?  Are you joking!?"  Miyu could be seen standing on top of her desk with one leg, the other in her chair.  "This some kinda prank?!"  

"Think of it like...an assignment!  Yeah, that's what this is..."  The teacher said the last part to the side and to himself.   "And it's not like you're gonna have to pay for any of this anyway.  When you get your group together, come up to me and I'll give you your list and a Hairo Academy Credit Card."  Mr. Arai smiled tenderly.  "And thank you for your help."  

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

-The Day Prior-

"Well aren't you sweet? Well, let's head back to our place then."

Keika wanted to immediately slug his roommate for that type of comment, but he simply rolled his eyes, letting the guy get out of the classroom. ...tch...out of everyone else he was less of a bad idea to pick...just roll with it, Fuji.

"I got tons of snacks and stuff, but you gotta arm wrestle for what you want, capiche?! You comin' or what? I'm pretty bushed, you know?"

"Yeah yeah, keep your tie on. I'm right behind ya." Keika scoffed, following after Juryo. Truth be told, he wanted to just get into the room and get his stuff set up. Which is exactly what he did.

He got his side of the room and already started putting his things together and decorated the best to his ability. If Juryo looked or cared to see, he'd find that Keika's side would have a grunge-y look, along with plenty of rock band posters scattered on his walls. Aside from all that...a shelf filled with PLENTY of moisturizer and chapstick. With not much of another word, Keika tossed his hat over on a desk and crashed on his bed, immediately tossing his headphones on.

And so starts the bullshit that is Hairo Academy...aren't I lucky?

-Present Day-

"Many heroes lost their lives during the Starkiller City event, but a Hero knows what's on the line every time he steps outside his agency. Double Dragon and Hiroki Goto were both saved that day, and the city was placed under a quarantine until all the villains were purged from the streets. Less than a fraction of villains managed to escape the clutches of justice that day, but we can say for certain that the Ringleader and his most powerful allies were dealt with. It's almost been a decade since the incident, but I remember playing a very supportive roll that day. I can almost feel all the breaks and bruises I got back then...sheesh."

Keika twirled his pencil in his hand, just finishing up a few notes he wrote down. Unlike most of the things that were explained and mentioned through the history class, this was the only thing that he actually enjoyed learning about. He remembered reading about the two that were captured and thusly saved from the Starkiller event, the one was just a U.A. student, but the other...Double Dragon, was a Pro Hero. Not much was mentioned about the Pro's Quirk, at least from what he was looking through, but from what people speculated...it was some kind of barrier. Of course, he took this with a grain of salt...but at the same time, he imagined that something like that would've been a hell of a better Quirk than the one he was stuck with.

...least with a barrier, I could hide in it and shield myself without the result of shit happening. Keika thought, the grip on his pencil tightening as he would begin to have short flashes of that one night, before he shook his head quickly.

"Now that our Hero History lesson of the day is over, I have an important announcement. As you can plainly see, we don't have much staff around here.  It's pretty much just me, our resident engineer, and a couple of wardens to keep the place safe. Due to the fact that this school was erected in such a hurry, we're kinda low on supplies. Look, look, I know it might've been my job to do most of the shopping, but I'm only one guy, so please bear with your teacher. This also gives you an opportunity to conduct yourselves in a proper manner outside of school, spread our name around and get people to start noticing your efforts! Well, let me list off our groups! Toshiko, Akuma, Keika, and Hane will be responsible for the groceries. Kiburi, Nanami, and Juryo will be the ones to grab electronics. And last but not least, Yu, Midome, and Miyu are off to get the office supplies!"

Immediately, Keika's pencil snapped in two. Now this wasn't due to this outlandish and outrageous bit of an assignment that Arai just presented them...it was namely due to one other thing: the team he was currently shoved with. Toshiko...the Ice Queen...Akuma...the Hentai Kid...and of course, Hane...the Bounce Boy. Keika's face met his desk almost instantly at this revelation. "...goddamnit...!!" he muffled, though others probably wouldn't be able to hear it well.

Akuma needed a second to remember who was who on his team. So far he only remembered Midome because they were roommates, and Keika because he'd made an impression the day before, but he managed to pick out his remaining group-mates in the room.

Truthfully, he liked Midome, if only because he hadn't stepped on any of his tentacles while Akuma was sleeping. Keika seemed hostile, but also like the kind of guy who respected strength. Exactly his kind of guy.

On the subject of the task at hand-- It was just groceries-- he'd done it on his own before, so corralling a few classmates to do it with him shouldn't be too complicated.

"[Yo,] Team Grocery! C'mere, we gotta talk strategy." He beckoned his classmates over, using his hand for the boys, but a tentacle from his neck for Toshiko.

toshiko.png

"Now that our Hero History lesson of the day is over, I have an important announcement."

An important announcement? Could it be!? Quirk training! I can't wait!

It wasn't Quirk training at all. It was shopping. The important announcement was that this school wasn't even properly stocked before opening up, and now the shopping had fallen to Mr. Arai and his students. It was exciting in its own little way, but mostly, Toshiko felt pretty let down after she went and got her own hopes up. Despite the sudden and sharp decline in her interest though, Toshiko still paid close attention to who was going where.

"Well, let me list off our groups!  Toshiko, Akuma, Keika, and Hane will be responsible for the groceries.  Kiburi, Nanami, and Juryo will be the ones to grab electronics.  And last but not least, Yu, Midome, and Miyu are off to get the office supplies!"  

"WHAT!?  Office supplies!?  Are you joking!? This some kinda prank?!"  

"Think of it like...an assignment!  Yeah, that's what this is..."

"It certainly isn't Quirk training, but it still sounds like something enjoyable!" Getting up from her seat and trotting on over to Miyu's desk, Toshiko leaned in to whisper "What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? My treat~"

"[Yo,] Team Grocery! C'mere, we gotta talk strategy."

"Ah, gotta go! I gave you my number last night, right? Just send me a text." Toshiko merrily made her way to the back row, waving hello to the boys she was to go shopping with. If she was remembering correctly... Akuma did the weird tentacle thing - as he'd just proven - Hane bounced, and Keika? Keika turned into a volcano man that bled lava and probably breathed fire. That kid was dangerous! But that was a different story. For now, shopping strategy!

"It would be fastest if we split up, right? There's four of us, so we should leave the bulk items to... Akuma! He'd need the most shopping carts, but that's fine because of his Quirk!"

kiburi.png

Bug zappers.

That was the first thought that crossed Kiburi's mind. Well, the second thought. The first one had been bothering her all day. Not even a day into the school year, and already her roommate had left the school. She wasn't sure where the girl went, or why, but Kiburi had a few guesses for the latter. The most reasonable conclusion was that her Quirk had scared the girl off bad enough for her to leave the entire school. "Way to go Kiburi, you did it again," she muttered under her breath. And now she was supposed to be running tedious errands for a school that had enrolled her against her will? Talk about a joke.

Nevermind the fact that after school today, she'd have to move all her old roommate's things out and help her new roommate - that shark girl Nanami - move her things in. The school year had only just started, and already it felt like the cockroach crawling up her leg cared more about Kiburi than the school she was attending. Best to round up her shopping buddies. It wasn't like she could just opt out of this sudden shopping trip, so getting it over with was the next best thing.

And as luck would have it, one of said shopping buddies sat right in front of her this whole time. Reaching out with her leg and tapping Nanami's tail to get her attention, Kiburi said "Oi, new roomie, we should figure out this shopping trip. How do you feel about getting some bug zappers while we're out?"

Edited by yui

History went about as well as one could expect. Honestly, the Starkiller city incident was one he remembered very well, despite how young he was when that happened. He was always curious about that time, and ate up any info he could get of it. Honestly, he hadn't learned anything new from this little lecture, despite the fact that the teacher was apparently involved in the event. However, it seemed now they had another problem.

"As you can plainly see, we don't have much staff around here. It's pretty much just me, our resident engineer, and a couple of wardens to keep the place safe. Due to the fact that this school was erected in such a hurry, we're kinda low on supplies. Look, look, I know it might've been my job to do most of the shopping, but I'm only one guy, so please bear with your teacher." He bowed to them. "This also gives you an opportunity to conduct yourselves in a proper manner outside of school, spread our name around and get people to start noticing your efforts!"  He clapped his hands together once more. "Well, let me list off our groups!  Toshiko, Akuma, Keika, and Hane will be responsible for the groceries.  Kiburi, Nanami, and Juryo will be the ones to grab electronics.  And last but not least, Yu, Midome, and Miyu are off to get the office supplies!"  

Oh ho ho ho ho? It seemed Hane would get to travel with his bestest friend in the class. Today looked like it would be fun after all.

"[Yo,] Team Grocery! C'mere, we gotta talk strategy." Akuma called out. ... Wait, what?

"It would be fastest if we split up, right? There's four of us, so we should leave the bulk items to... Akuma! He'd need the most shopping carts, but that's fine because of his Quirk!" Toshiko offered.

"Um... guys, we're just grocery shoppin'," Hane added. "We don't need some grand plan. We go in, get food, hand the cashier money, and head out. Like... you guys know how to grocery shop, right?" He paused, thinking to himself. "Oh, by the way, everyone! If you want something, you better tell us, because no one has a mind reading quirk!" He scratched his chin before sighing. "Anyways, big important thing, try to keep a cool head on your shoulders, last thing we need is an excuse for everyone to lock us away. And yeah, the public isn't the best place to work for, so be nice to your cashier. Source: Worked as a cashier for two years," 

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

Keika let out an audible groan as he saw the others start to get into their groups. It wouldn't be too much of an issue...but then there was his group...and quite frankly, this made him question the well being of the group and this little errand.

"[Yo,] Team Grocery! C'mere, we gotta talk strategy."

"...eh?" he asked, blinking a bit as he started at the Lovecraftian Hentai Show as he called the group over. "Strategy? The hell ar-..."

"It would be fastest if we split up, right? There's four of us, so we should leave the bulk items to... Akuma! He'd need the most shopping carts, but that's fine because of his Quirk!"

EHHHHHHH?! The Ice Queen was in on this idea too? This was starting to get out of hand. Would HE have to be the voice of reason? Well, there was only Bounce Boy left who didn't say anything. ...swear to God if he agrees with this...

"Um... guys, we're just grocery shoppin'. We don't need some grand plan. We go in, get food, hand the cashier money, and head out. Like... you guys know how to grocery shop, right?"

"FINALLY! Someone with a brain!" Keika exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. Maybe he misjudged Bounce Boy...but then again, he wasn't sure. Just his overly bubbly personality made him really hate the guy. But alas, perhaps there were some redeeming qualities to Hane that he overlooked...perhaps being the keyword. "Bounce Boy over here is right! It's JUST grocery shopping. Nothing grandiose about it! I'd understand a strategy meeting if this store we were going to was behind enemy lines or just nothing but a supervillain supermarket, but it's not. ...can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Bounce Boy this time..."

And with that, the history lesson was over. Midome wasn't familiar with the Starkiller City incident, so that had been quite informative to him.

"As you can plainly see, we don't have much staff around here. It's pretty much just me, our resident engineer, and a couple of wardens to keep the place safe. Due to the fact that this school was erected in such a hurry, we're kinda low on supplies. Look, look, I know it might've been my job to do most of the shopping, but I'm only one guy, so please bear with your teacher." He bowed to them. "This also gives you an opportunity to conduct yourselves in a proper manner outside of school, spread our name around and get people to start noticing your efforts!"  He clapped his hands together once more. "Well, let me list off our groups!  Toshiko, Akuma, Keika, and Hane will be responsible for the groceries.  Kiburi, Nanami, and Juryo will be the ones to grab electronics.  And last but not least, Yu, Midome, and Miyu are off to get the office supplies!"

Oh, right. I almost forgot where I was

Grocery shopping and office supplies? What was next, they would have had to fix the plumbing?

As he looked around searching for his group, he overheard his roommate calling for his own. Freeze girl and the others interjected, and they began to bicker with each other.

As for him... Yu and Miyu.

Well, Midome kind of agreed, but he couldn't hep but feel like he was in the middle of two opposite charges about to collide. And he just knew he would have been dragged in whatever happened, one way or another. Maybe he could just ignore them and let them discharge on each other... Midome shook his head. Turtling down was no option, if he let something happen, everyone knew he was with them. For the good of his prolonged stay in the hero course, he needed to make sure things went smoothly.

"FINALLY! Someone with a brain! Bounce Boy over here is right! It's JUST grocery shopping. Nothing grandiose about it! I'd understand a strategy meeting if this store we were going to was behind enemy lines or just nothing but a supervillain supermarket, but it's not. ...can't believe I'm actually agreeing with Bounce Boy this time..."

Keika's shout pulled him out of his mumbling. Okay, he didn't like being called... did he need to make a scene about it?

There was something that rubbed him off the wrong way about that boy, but he couldn't quite put his finger on what. Oh, well, thankfully they weren't roommates anyway.

He leaned back to speak with the two seated at his sides. As if in preparation for this moment, his seat was also in between Yu and Miyu.

"So, It's all right for you guys if I keep list and credit card?" First step to make sure things went well: Keep an eye on the money.

Edited by Arkars

Day two at the school for people who should probably all be in jail and Nanami was already in a foul mood. Not even a full day in before some drama and before she knew what was happening Kohaku was gone and she was being reassigned to be the cockroach girl's roommate. Lovely. Who could ask for better than for the boring school that didn't really think they could become heroes being bug infested? Well it was a new day and the shark girl wasn't going to lose it just yet. Though listening to Arai talk about hero history he was a part of was going to set her off at some point if it carried on too long. As luck would have it, an announcement interrupted the day's lecture. Admittedly, Nanami perked up at the idea of a shopping trip, however lame it seemed that the students were expected to help set up their pseudo-prison. That things hadn't been set up in time seemed ridiculous if not predictable for government work. At least she'd be shopping for electronics on the government's money. In the middle of trying to settle her bad mood from the previous day Nanami felt something, something touching her tail. Her first assumption was it had just hit something given how large it was but immediately Kiburi's voice sounded along with it.

"Huh?" she started as he turned around to face the cockroach girl. "Bug Zappers... guess you're sick of your little friends then? Yeah sounds like a plan. Probably need 'em in every room you'll spend any amount of time in." Nanami continued, relaxing some now that she had something to do like talk and get the group together. "Let's grab Juryo and hit the town." she declared while standing and stretching some. Having a not recently drenched uniform on made for a much nicer look and easier movement but it still annoyed her somewhat.

Akuma waved his hands lazily as the tentacle coming out of his neck retracted "Yeah, OK, sure. Strategy was the wrong word. What I meant was we should put a little thought in ahead of time to make this easy on us. Hear me out." He lowered his voice a little, but maintained his relaxed tone. "If we show the adults that we can work together and play to our strengths, that improves our chances of not getting put in the slammer later because we look promising." He leaned back in his chair and put his feet up. "Plus, the way I see it, a grocery list for a school, even a school this size, is gonna be a bit bigger than your average family's shopping list. So we should split up by section, grab whatever's on the list, and make the whole thing a little faster so we're not doing this all day, [ya dig?]"

"I figure To-chan 'll grab all of the frozen stuff, like meat: her Quirk can't damage any of it. Like she said, I've got the most lifting power, so I should handle any big stuff like uh.. I dunno, bags of flour? Rice? I'll definitely have to push the cart, it's going to be heavy with all the stuff we're getting. As for you two, it's better if Hane handles any fruit or vegetables-- less risk of them being burned by accident-- and Keika, you can either help me or if there's another category to deal with, you'll take that." Standing up, he stretched his back out a little and made for the front of the class. "I'm gonna go get the list and the card real quick. [BRB.]"

"Yo, teacher! Team Grocery's ready to roll. What do we need?"

Edited by ChampionZero

As Arai-sensei finished his personal account of the Starkiller Incident, Yu had to shake himself out of his wonder to finish his notes. The fact that a clash of heroes and villains had really happened just like in the comics was inspiring as it was fantastic. A grand, final battle that decided the fate of an entire city made Yu wish that he could have seen it in person, or even fight as a hero. However, a quick glance at the bear, which was slowly stirring from an inactive ‘sleep’, made him remember that he might not have been fighting on the heroes’ side.

Luckily, Yu’s initial ruminations were interrupted by Arai-sensei’s announcement. The class was required to go out and buy supplies for the school, much to the chagrin of some of his fellow classmates. Even with his lack of experience, Yu felt a little uneasy with this bald-faced request.

“Why would the school need us to buy their supplies? I thought the government would be paying for something like this? They did for me,”  Yu wondered as he put away his notebook.

Yu felt a shiver down his spine when he heard he was in the same group as Miyu. His head instantly darted to Hane, who was thankfully looking the other way at the time.

Yu was taken aback by Miyu’s dramatic response. Up to now, she had seemed more...stable than this.

“So, It's all right for you guys if I keep the list and credit card?"

Yu turned around to face Midome, with Theodore almost mirroring his action.

“Eeeh of course! I don’t mind if you hold the list. Might be for the best in case Theodore decides to...take them,” Yu replied as Theodore turned its beady eyes away from Midome before roughly shoving the rest of Yu’s stationary onto the floor.

x0eOz9T.jpg?1

"Alright everyone, one at a time!"  Mr. Arai waved each group to come up, handing them their lists and credit cards.  "Now don't go losing those cards, alright!  We'll be in big trouble if they get into the wrong hands."  He waved them off with a smile.  "I don't care if there are some extra charges on them, but don't go too overboard, alright?" 

Each group of students would then head to different corners of the city, begrudgingly, to do as their teacher told them, lest they be hunted down like dogs.

7yXSqaj.png?1

bg8JhGZ.png?1

Walking into Sheev's Electronics, Juryo could see that this place was almost just as run down as their Academy.  Half of the store shelves were stocked, and half of the appliances seemed broken or cracked.  The lights above them sporadically flickered, as if this places generator was on it's last legs.  He looked at the list of items to get, and then back to Kiburi and Nanami.  He pinched the bridge of his nose, and gave a heaping sigh. 

"Does this place even have half of the crap on this list?"  Juryo handed the list and card over to Kiburi.  On the list were items such as batteries, flashlights, microwaves, tube lights, and printers.  "Well...I can grab the printers...I can make them really light.  Problem is that I'll be really heavy for a bit, so this might take longer than expected."  He laughed.  "It'll be some intense training, that's for sure!"  As he laughed, the lights went dim for a couple of seconds, turning on again to illuminate his confused expression.  "Geez...this place needs all the business it can get, huh?  Let's get out of here as fast as possible."  Juryo nodded to the others and pointed to the back of the store.  "I bet some printers are back there, so I'll be right back.  You girls get the rest of the stuff on the list, alright?"

7yXSqaj.png?1

dF8FFBg.jpg

"You have reached your destination."  Miyu's phone rang out, as she directed it to the store in front of her.  It looked as bland as could be.  'Job Hutt' was the name of the store, as her head slumped to the side.  This was totally not what she had in mind when she thought of school activities.  She just wanted to start over and have fun, not pick up some lazy teacher's office supplies.  It was enough to bring a tear to her eye, as she looked back at her teammates.  Her eyes started welling up immediately, as she hiccuped. 

"Can't you guys do this alone?  There's a shopping mall so close by...and I can totally pick up a new outfit with this card!"  

toshiko.png

Dex's. That was the name of the grocery store Toshiko - along with Akuma, Hane, and Keika - found herself at. She sure didn't remember this store being here, and it wasn't like Toshiko lived far from this part of town. Maybe it was the only one of its kind? Whatever it was, it didn't seem like it was getting a lot of business. The sign out front had some holes in it, the parking lot was poorly-maintained at best, and the paint on the walls was slowly but surely peeling off. Just about the only promising thing about this store from the outside was its size. Despite everything, it was still on the scale of a proper grocery store.

"...well... let's get shopping!" No time to waste, right? And to be honest, Toshiko was kind of excited about what the inside could be like. What she was met with after walking through the door - which had been left open and seemed to be broken - was a weird mixture of relief and further disappointment. The shelves were properly stocked, albeit a bit scarcely. The floors were clean, but otherwise poorly-maintained, what with the cracks and chips. It overall gave off the impression of a place that was definitely doing its best to be aproper business, but falling just a little bit short in every regard.

"I'll be looking at frozen stuff if anyone needs me. If I'm not there, try the dairy and meat products." It wasn't like there was officially a plan to split up or not. But frankly, Toshiko wanted to do some exploration and a bit of personal shopping. On which note, Toshiko checked her phone. She had one new text message, from Miyu.

peanut butter pls~ ❤️

...they sell that? Clearly, Toshiko had a lot to learn about ice cream flavors.

Can you send me a few other flavors too? This store is a bit understocked, so they might not have peanut butter ice cream.

"Boy, this whole town sure pulls out all the stops huh?" was all Nanami could say at the sight of Sheev's Electronics. One could have easily convinced the shark they hadn't actually gone anywhere and this was just some storeroom for the school. But while the store itself definitely needed some work, electrical at that ironically enough, some of the actual wares seemed to be in decent enough condition. Juryo seemed oddly into the task at hand when it came to using his quirk to help the process along. He mentioned making things lighter and making himself heavier as a trade off which admittedly made Nanami a bit nervous as she barely remembered any of the quirks without obvious mutations to them despite the demonstration the day prior. She'd been fuming over her own bout with Arai to pay much attention to Juryo's attempt. But if he could manipulate the weight of stuff that seemed pretty cool. Hopefully he could just carry everything. But that left the shark girl with the cockroach girl to take care of the rest of business while Juryo went off in search of printers.

"What do you say we get on those zappers first off?" she offered to her now roommate. She was eyeing the area immediately around Kiburi for any of her usual followers but figured it best to keep the bugs at bay as soon as possible. Once they were as comfortable as two part-animal-delinquent-teenagers could be in a store they'd be able to knock out the lights and appliances and other things. Of course this left locating functional bug zappers to start.

"Leeeet's see...." Nanami muttered to herself while looking at the closest isles and shelves. She definitely wasn't going to go down every aisle looking for things but that meant her search could only be so thorough. Though for some reason she seemed a bit turned around as she moved past the same few isles a few time without any visible frustration at not finding anything. "Uhhh, say Kiburi, this place feeling like a maze to you or am I just crazy?" Nanami ultimately questioned, unsure of what she was doing. She'd definitely seen that chipped coffee pot before but she could have sworn she hadn't passed that shelf yet.

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

BGM

Dex's Grocery...or just better known as Dex's. Keika knew about it and walked passed it a few times...he believed. Then again, he might've been to a different store all together, cause he was fairly certain this one wasn't part of a huge chain of stores. Regardless, Keika strolled into it following Akuma, Toshiko and Hane, hands in his pockets as he looked completely disinterested in this...which to be truthful...he definitely was.

And the store itself...pretty much was worse for ware. A pretty much broken door, which was pretty bad to begin with...scarcely stocked shelves...cracked floors...to him, this place was either on it's last legs or just didn't give a damn about it's appearance. If it was the latter, then Keika did have to give them props for definitely showing they didn't care.

"I'll be looking at frozen stuff if anyone needs me. If I'm not there, try the dairy and meat products."

Keika gave a bit of a shrug, nodding at the Ice Queen, before shuffling off and looking around himself. Truth be told, he wanted to just let the other three do this stuff for him, but he figured that if this was a test, he'd flunk just because of not doing anything. With a sigh, he grabbed a shopping basket and carried it around...he figure he better just start with some things.

Few bags of rice for one...maybe some vegetables to go with... he thought, beginning to go up and down the aisles just to find things that could be beneficial for everyone at Hario. Plus, he figure he do something as well, just to make it seem like he wasn't stealing. He had enough problems with that before and he was not about to have someone else try to call the cops on him again for something stupid as being stereotyped as a shoplifter.

...besides, I only did it once...and no one seems to want to let that go. Not my fault that I had zero cash on me and was in dire need of those limited time only chips...which sucked now that I remember...

Walking with Keika, Akuma extruded tentacles from his neck and forearms to pluck and sweep items off higher shelves.

While a pair of them compared the weight of two completely different products and he half-inspected a price-tag, he glanced over at Keika. Judging by his vehement response to Akuma's earlier suggestions, his first impression boiled down to "impatient, humorless, and headstrong." Probably not too bright if he was always in a hurry like that. He wasn't about to take advantage of that, but he was concerned with whether it was even worth befriending or intimidating him. Would he be too deep in his own head to help or hinder? Or were they more alike than he thought? Probably better to be more direct, as that seemed to be his preference.

"Hey Keika." He avoided eye contact as he spoke. "Why did you get sent to Hairo anyhow? You seem like you got a tight lid on the hot lava, so you must be some kinda troublemaker, yeah? What'd you do?"

Midome stared at the 'Job Hutt'. Things had gone, so far, without any problem. Now they just needed to step in, not break anything, pick everything on the list and go back to school. Right, the list. Where did he put it?

He had began to rummage through his pockets, yet found nothing.

No.

Nononononononono. NO.

Did he lose it? Drop it? Accidentally ate it? He was pretty sure to have kept his hands in his pockets at a point down the road... But he would have surely noticed if something like that happened, right? At the very least he would have felt the polymer breaking...

Oh, right.

Midome reached for his flask and took out the list and card tucked between the bottle and the cover.

"Here they are."

"Can't you guys do this alone?  There's a shopping mall so close by...and I can totally pick up a new outfit with this card!"

Oh well.

Midome eyed Yu. Sure, theoretically he could have made it just with him... but handing over the card was out of discussion. If it came to that, he wasn't sure he would have been able to prevent her from taking it from him however. Also, was that a tear?

Quite dumbfounded by the unexpected show of emotions, Midome wondered if the girl quirk was fueled by fashion or something. Or did she really want to go shopping that badly? Either way, the question needed an answer. One that didn't involve... however much the girl intended to spend on clothes, possibly.

"It may be a chore, but it needs to be done anyway, right? If we do it well now then nobody will have to do it again. Look, if we're quick in doing this and we end up with spare time, we can hit the mall on the road back if you want, ok?"

Then he would have just needed to do his best to make them lose as much time as possible in this supplies-gathering endeavor.

hane.png

Dex's Grocery. That was the grocery store that Hane - along with a few other students - had been sent to. The idea of needing some sort of strategy still seemed iffy at best. It was just grocery shopping. Get in, grab what's on the list, pay, go home. Easy. That said, this place was... well, it was kinda shitty-looking. Whether that was for a lack of funding or a lack of effort, Hane didn't know, and he wasn't exactly sure which one he'd rather it be, either.

"I'll be looking at frozen stuff if anyone needs me. If I'm not there, try the dairy and meat products."

Well, that was the blue girl - her name was Toshiko, right? - gone. That just meant they didn't have to worry about frozen stuff, right? Hane tagged along with the rest of the boys as they made their way along the aisles, picking up stuff that was on the list, including the "whatever else you deem necessary" at the bottom. What an open-ended assignment they'd all been given! And while he didn't know all that much about Japanese cuisine just yet - bar "pour boiling water in cup ramen, wait three minutes, eat" - there was one thing Hane knew about food. And that was the importance of meat! Without meat, there were no meatballs to go with your spaghetti, nor ham in your burger. Why were they called hamburgers if the meat was beef?

Beef franks, t-bone steaks, hell, meat was pretty common in Japanese dishes too, right? Hane wasn't sure how much meat Toshiko had in mind when she said she'd stop by meat & dairy, but something gave him the feeling it wasn't enough for an entire (very tiny) school. For now, a few boxes of various cereals were certainly a good idea. The options were limited, but that wasn't going to stop Hane.

"Hey Keika. Why did you get sent to Hairo anyhow? You seem like you got a tight lid on the hot lava, so you must be some kinda troublemaker, yeah? What'd you do?"

Akuma had a point. Keika's Quirk seemed pretty well under control. It wasn't like some of the other kids here.

"He must have done something awful to end up here," Hane gasped, feigning shock at the realization. "Something like... melting ice sculptures! Or terrorizing a ski lodge! Or worst of all, denying good children their ice-cream cones!"

kiburi.png

"Boy, this whole town sure pulls out all the stops huh?"

When met with the shoddy electronics store called Sheev's Electronics, the idea of stops didn't really come to mind, sarcastically or not. Well, the thought of "stop letting your store look like a shithole" was there at least. "More like they pulled out all the starts," Kiburi smirked. Before stepping into the store... she could feel one, on her heel. Just the one, somehow. Kiburi flicked her leg back, flinging the annoying vermin off her leg before entering the store, finally roach-free for once. On the one hand, it was a weird experience not feeling their tiny legs skitter along her body. But on the other hand, these brief moments of respite were welcome.

"What do you say we get on those zappers first off?"

"Let's." While Juryo was busy getting printers and stuff, that left Kiburi and Nanami to get... well, everything else. Not that she minded. If given the choice, she would have of course preferred not to do this stupid chore at all, but if she was able to get a few things to improve her quality of life while she was here, she'd have to take that positive. Getting some 9-volt batteries while she was here would also be a good idea. The ones on her pheromone device back in her room were probably running low. As the two searched the aisles and shelves - alas, to no avail - Nanami seemed to be getting confused by the poor layout of the store. She even asked if the place felt like a maze to Kiburi too.

Grabbing a couple boxes of lightbulbs, Kiburi answered "You're just crazy. We're in a ghetto electronics store, not a labyrinth." Before putting the bulbs in the basket, Kiburi hesitated. There were also LED bulbs. More expensive, but she knew from experience that those were super reliable, lasted far longer, and were even a bit brighter.

...meh. Cheap-ass bulbs are good enough for our cheap-ass school. The LED bulbs could come some other time if it really came down to it. "I guess it's a good thing we're roomies now, in a messed-up way," Kiburi commented, moving further into the store and looking at large electronics that she'd probably need Juryo's help moving effectively. "With those other two gone, it's either me or one of those horned girls. The blue one would probably end up turning you into a sharksicle, and something doesn't seem right about the red one. I'm sorry you'll have to live with my Quirk for a while, but you get used to them before long. Just don't bring any food into our room and you'll be fine."

Actually, that was a good point. The dangers of others' Quirks. "Anything I should keep an eye on with your Quirk, by the way? We don't need to rig the sprinklers in our room to always be on, do we?"

...do we even have sprinklers in our rooms?

Nanami still seemed frustrated with trying to navigate the place, but paused a moment to consider Kiburi's question and said "Huh, yeah guess I only told Kohaku. Don't sweat the water situation, staying hydrated is something that doesn't gotta inconvenience you. As for my quirk well... hope you're as indestructible as they come. Might try to eat ya if you start bleeding."

"I've been shot in the head before, by a gun. I think I'll be able to manage. Thanks for the warning."

That got a good laugh out of her. "Damn, that's pretty metal. Guess my teeth are what's in danger if you do ever bleed."

"Probably." Flourescent light strips... over there. Kiburi grabbed a few, no more or less than was on the list. "So, what're you in for?" Kiburi bluntly asked.

Edited by yui

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

"Hey Keika. Why did you get sent to Hairo anyhow? You seem like you got a tight lid on the hot lava, so you must be some kinda troublemaker, yeah? What'd you do?"
"He must have done something awful to end up here. Something like... melting ice sculptures! Or terrorizing a ski lodge! Or worst of all, denying good children their ice-cream cones!"

Oh good...he was the one stuck with a good portion of the group...fantastic. ...ugh...someone just shoot me now... Keika thought, doing his best to tune both Akuma and Hane out, but unfortunately it was to no avail. However, the main thing that was getting under his skin was just the one question they were asking: why did he get sent to Hairo...what did he do?

The grip Keika had on the basket grew tighter and tighter. He even began to bite his lip some, just to do something to keep his mind off of this stupid question. Why that question? Why couldn't they just keep their traps shut and just leave him alone to shop and get back to Hairo? Eventually, however, he stopped suddenly in an aisle and dropped the basket, just to turn around at the two pestering individuals that called themselves his classmates. In his eyes, it seemed like a huge burning hate that was shooting out towards the two...but underneath it...a deep hurting sadness.

"What did I do? I don't think I owe an explanation to ANY of you!" Keika began to raise his voice, his teeth gritting. "...but just to get you idiots off my back, I'll just throw it out there. Why am I at Hairo? What did I do? Newsflash morons! My Quirk is LITERALLY obsidian skin covering with lava underneath...one false move with this Quirk of mine...and people DIE!"

The emphasis he put on that last word, it was a mixture of anger and disgust. Keika looked away, snatching the shopping basket and moving away from the two at a quick pace. "...just stay the hell away from me." He wanted to lash out and say who...but they didn't deserve to know who, just why...and only why.

Unlike the disappointed looks on Miyu and Midome’s face, Yu was smiling with restrained wonder at the shabby Job Hutt building. While his classmates only saw a bland building that blended in so unremarkably that one would have trouble finding it without a map, he saw an undiscovered corner of the world. When he arrived in the city, he was told by the government men not to leave his apartment, only buying the things he needed off of the internet. Long had he spied the shoppers at his local convenience store walking in and out of the automatic doors through his apartment window, always wondering what it was like to just walk in and take the things they needed without needing to wait. Now, he had his first chance to see the countless rows of stocked shelves himself!

Yu’s quiet moment of excitement was interrupted by Miyu’s whimpering.

Yu’s eyes met Midome’s as they both looked to each other for answers, but in his head, Yu already knew that it must have had something to do with his Quirk. He had shown the whole class how dangerous Theodore could be, so she must be scared!

“Don’t cry Miyu-san! I’m sorry you had to put yourself in danger for this!” Yu replied, fighting back his own growing despair as he bowed towards Miyu.

"It may be a chore, but it needs to be done anyway, right? If we do it well now then nobody will have to do it again. Look, if we're quick in doing this and we end up with spare time, we can hit the mall on the road back if you want, ok?"

“That’s right Miyu-san, we can do the shopping quickly so you don’t need to be near me for too long! Please bear with me Miyu-san, Midome-san!”

bg8JhGZ.png?1

Juryo made his way to the back of the store, noting all the other appliances he had walked past.  DVD players, toaster, microwaves....yup this definitely was an electronics store.  However, the three of them seemed to be the only ones doing any shopping around here today.  Looking at some small copy machines, he wondered how much merchandise that was sold here overlapped with the office supplies store.  He shrugged at the thought.  It didn't really matter.  He didn't believe that the office store had any Microwaves just lying around.  He took a look at one such Microwave.  There was nothing fancy about it in the slightest, but looking towards the back he noticed that the cables seemed to be a little frayed.  It wasn't plugged in, so how could it have been put through such rough use already?

"Must be used...Is this a second hand electronic shop?"  He looked for a price tag, noticing that there was none.  "Huh."  Well, he'd leave the choice of Microwave to the girls.  He was already on a mission.  After a while, he managed to find himself in the back of the store, with the large printers standing against a wall.  He walked up to them, noticing that these didn't have a price tag either.  "Geez...are they free or what?"  Juryo propped himself up on a shelf, noticing that there were no employees in sight.  He sighed.  Luckily, next to the printers was a door that was labeled 'Employees Only'.  It couldn't help to knock on the door.  He did just that, putting his ear up against the door.  He heard a muffled screaming, and the rummaging of metal.  Instinct kicked in, Juryo's quirk activating to make the door as light as possible, and his body a little heavier.  He rammed into the door, breaking it off his hinges.  There, in the corner of the room, he saw a bald man with a gag in his mouth.  Across from his way a boy, roughly his age, hunched over a small LED t.v., with the plug in his mouth.  Juryo winced...what a pain this trip had turned into.

The teen stared at him, watching Juryo struggle with a decision he couldn't make.  The teen stood up, and spit the plug out of his mouth.

"Yo!"  He casually greeted Juryo, while he had a hostage in a corner.  "I can explain this, I swear!"  He smiled, placing his hands up and against his chest.  

"Get to it."  Juryo groaned.  He wasn't a licensed hero, so anything he was planning on doing would most likely be illegal.  It'd land him in jail.  But still...he couldn't just let this go.  

"You seeeee, I can't eat normal food!  Only electricity, you see?!  My parents kicked me out cuz I raised their bills so damn high!  Ridiculous, ain't it!  It ain't my fault I was born like this, right bro?!"  Juryo had heard a sob story once or two in his time as a vigilante, but he could at least sympathize with someone like this.  

"That doesn't give you the right to do something like this.  Turn yourself in...I'm sure the government can help yo-" 

"SCREW THAT, ALRIGHT!  I AIN'T GIVIN' THEM MORE THAN WHAT THEY'VE TAKEN FROM ME!"  The boy looked to his uniform, noticing a symbol.  His eyes rattled, at the realization.  "Hairo, huh?  I got the same letter...so you just signed your life away then, huh?"  The boy gripped his head.  "They sent you here after me...didn't they?!"  The boy's skin began to glow bright, as his entire being became that of electricity.  Not a single distinguishing physical feature was left, but only that of a beam of light.  It walked towards him, still able to talk.  "Well...I ain't gonna let you!  Bring it on, lackey!"  The energy being bolted towards him, ramming into Juryo's chest and flinging him towards the front of the store.  The impact shook him, but he was conscious enough of the situation to see Kiburi and Nanami. 

"We've got a situation..."  He grumbled.

7yXSqaj.png?1

dF8FFBg.jpg

“Don’t cry Miyu-san! I’m sorry you had to put yourself in danger for this!” Yu replied, fighting back his own growing despair as he bowed towards Miyu.

"Danger?"  Miyu cocked an eyebrow at Yu, and then looked towards the so called 'Theodore'.  "I'm not particularly in fear of my life here.  I can take care of myself ya know?"  

“That’s right Miyu-san, we can do the shopping quickly so you don’t need to be near me for too long! Please bear with me Miyu-san, Midome-san!”

Was that a pun?  Miyu pouted, turning her head to the side.

"Humph!  Whatever!  But you two better promise to carry my bags back!  And I won't take no as an answer!"  The thought of whipping their bodies as they trudged back to campus sent chills of pleasure down her spine.  "Let's get this over with as soon as possible then!  Chop, chop!"  Miyu walked into Job Hutt ahead of the others.  Looking around, it was as bland as a office supply store could be.  However, there was one thing that stuck out in her mind.  The fact that large, proportional cutouts of scantily clad women littered the store, each holding different office supplies in their hands or between their-WHAT KIND OF ADVERTISING WAS THIS!?  "This store owner needs divine punishment."  Miyu growled, as she headed towards the front desk.  "Can I leave the list to you boys for a bit?  I have a complaint to register."  Walking up to the customer service desk, Miyu noticed a businesswoman.   She must've been here for the same thing as her!  Miyu patiently waited behind her, happy to eavesdrop on their conversation.  

7yXSqaj.png?1

Throughout the grocery store, a woman's shill screaming could be heard.  Everyone who looked in that direction would see an extremely large woman rummaging through a family's shopping cart.  She took no time devouring all the food in large gulps and swallows.  She harbored a massive pair of jaws that she hid underneath a spiked mask.  However, her hunger was seemingly not quelled from all the food she just ate.  

"Hero!  Are there any heroes here?!"  An employee could be heard shouting. 

"Heh!"  The towering girl could be heard laughing.  "I've beat up most heroes who patrol around here!  Don't think anyone's comin' to save your store!  I'm one hungry girl, and nothin' can stop my feedin' frenzy!!!!!"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

"Humph!  Whatever! But you two better promise to carry my bags back! And I won't take no as an answer! Let's get this over with as soon as possible then! Chop, chop!" 

Oh, good. Midome exulted internally as both Yu and Miyu agreed to his plan. Now he just needed to go on with the second part.

As they entered the shop, it became clear that the cover wasn't hiding great surprises to be found in the book. The place was quite unimpressive, with stocks of supplies placed with little eye for placement or being customer-friendly. It wasn't disorderly, not as far as he could see at least, but it was wide and everything was anonymous enough to be dispersive and a chore to navigate through.

Overall, a good place for someone wanting to waste time.

"Ok, I have the list here..."

"This store owner needs divine punishment. Can I leave the list to you boys for a bit?  I have a complaint to register."

Before he could finish, Miyu had left the group. Divine punishment? Midome wasn't sure what she was talking about, but it sounded more than a little worrying. As he made to reach for her, however, he stopped. Didn't this benefit him? His current goal was to lose as much time as possible, so he intended to have them to not split up and instead go together from one item to the other, possibly losinfg more time while traversing the shop. He could do it like this, doing even better without the girl's presence to hurry them up, starting with larger supplies to mask the relative lack of progress.

However, he could also simply wait with Miyu, losing time anyway without progressing with the shopping trip... though she did already tell them to start on their own... Not to mention, if she were to cause trouble, he would have been back at the first problem: avoiding problems during the shopping trip.

As Midome was busy wandering in his mental castles, Miyu had made her way to the counter. At least, for now she seemed content to wait. Uncertain on what to do,he turned towards Yu. Then he realized that probably plant boy wouldn't have had any suggestion to offer on a plan that Midome was the only one to know about.

"Soo... I just realized we didn't take a shopping cart, wanna go fetch one? I'll wait here."

Edited by Arkars

Untitled.png

Walking up to the customer service desk, Miyu noticed a businesswoman. And on the other side of the desk, a very nervous-looking man on the heftier side of the weight spectrum. Her fingers tapping on the desk seemed to only make him even more nervous. "That's three months you haven't paid me now," she said, clearly quite frustrated with the man across from her. "And now you want me to let a fourth slide and just pretend like business will suddenly get better?"

"Y-Yes! I'll figure something out, I--"

"That's what you said last time, and the time before that. I've been really patient with you, but I don't like people taking advantage of that. I'm running a business too, after all, and I need to get money same as anyone else. Doesn't it seem a little unfair that I keep extending your deadline - without late fees or interest, mind you - and you don't pay me one single yen in exchange for that generosity?"

"W, Well, I suppose that's--!!" The man very suddenly stopped speaking, as he covered his mouth as if speaking would only anger the woman even further. There was a flash of light in the woman's eyes, as the man's legs seemed to give out entirely. She brought up one leg, and promptly slammed it down, cleaving right through the desk and looking down at the cowering figure behind the now very broken desk.

"I'm not asking you anymore. I'm telling. Pay off at least some of what you owe me. Today. If you can't, well..." The woman paused, thinking about what to do. With a reluctant sigh, she concluded "Well, you won't like it, anyway."