Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Shooting Stars (IC/PG-16/Co-hosted by Yui/Pending Acceptance)

Getting back on his feet, Akuma backed away from the fight, just enough to catch his breath. It was like this woman had a dozen Quirks-- strength, hunger, that breath attack, this rage-mode nonsense. It was like a boss battle in a video game.

Once his arms stopped burning, he produced a new set of tentacles from his arms, circling her with the intention to wrap them around her neck again-- it almost worked before, so if he could pull it off again while Keika was keeping her busy...

He waited until there was a window, doing his best to keep out of her sight, then pounced, one of his tentacles flinging him at the back of her head with the help of one of the few still-standing shelves: throwing a big one around her neck, coiling it around itself like a noose, and pulling it tight.

[Go... to... sleep!]

bg8JhGZ.png?1

The electrical monster they saw before them lowered his arms, and paused his assault.  He seemed to be conflicted about the whole situation.  They could use that to their advantage here.  After all, they couldn't really keep up this fraudulent hero work up much longer.  He rubbed the back of his head, and kicked the ground beneath him.  

"Welp, guess there's no helping it now.  Not like we can put you under arrest or anything."  Juryo placed his hands in the air above his chest, holding them close.  "Yeah, we got an all you can eat buffet just around the block.  And the government's picking up the tab.  You interested?"  After a slight pause, the electric monster shrank back to it's original disguise as a human.  He wore a scowl like none other, baring his fangs at all of the students. 

"You better not be pullin' some kind of shitty trick, punks!  I'll go on a rampage if you do!"  

Juryo laughed at the boy, which caused him to fume.

"Relax.  We really don't have to fight you.  Not like you're causin' any ha-"  Juryo looked around the torn up store, and the quivering merchant behind the desk.  He took a stride over, and whispered to the man.  "Hey pal, if you promise not to tell anyone what went down here today, our school will pay for all the property damage.  Just send a letter to Hairo Academy, would ya?"  Juryo flashed the man a thumbs up, before he shakily responded with his own thumbs up.  "Great."  Juryo nodded, before walking out the door, not before picking up the things that they had actually come for.  "Well, let's get going then, yeah?  I'm sure you'll love the new place."

Once the group had returned back to school, the expression of their guess turned sour.

"WHAT THE HELL!  ISN'T THIS IS HAIRO!?  I SAID I WASN'T JOINING YOUR SHITTY SCHOOL!"

"Calm down man.  You don't have to do anything, but you can stay here and not get in trouble."  Juryo led them all to a storeroom that was located near the dorms.  Inside were some mats, and in the corner was a generator chugging like it's life depended on it.  "It ain't much, but it's a lot better than having to steal from local businesses right?  Just don't go running up the electric bill too hard.  Don't want any eyebrows being raised around here."  Juryo sighed.  "If you need anything, just sneak to my room, and knock.  And don't go letting our teacher know that you're here...otherwise things might get nasty for you." 

"Why are you doin' all this for a guy like me?  Didn't I beat the crap out of all of you?"  Juryo laughed once more.

"Listen, I hate this place just as much as you do...so any way I can be a thorn in the government's side is something I can get behind.  This was just a thorn that I came up with."  With a snide smile, Juryo turned to the boy.  "Welcome to Hairo Academy."

7yXSqaj.png?1

dF8FFBg.jpg

As the woman brought her attention toward the monster of office supplies - or more accurately - the boy who seemed to be "controlling" it, a small beep came from her wrist. Then a second one. As she rolled up her sleeve and looked at the watch underneath it, a sour expression crossed her face. As much as she didn't enjoy tangling with a bunch of dumb kids, this was much more important.

"I didn't account for you three standing up to defend this man. Aspiring heroes or something? Lucky for you, I'm about to be late to an important meeting if I don't start moving, and fast. Ciao, children... and try not to pick fights with the grown-ups anymore, would you?"  With that, using Miyu as a springboard, the woman propelled herself across the store, making a sharp turn and bolting out the door before turning and running off too quickly for the others to keep track of her.  Miyu attempted to throw out a chain to grab her ankle as she shot past, but failed miserably, as she tumbled into what seemed to be a monster made of office supplies.  Was this Yu's friend.  

Before she could realize, the woman had escaped, forcing Miyu to groan in aggravation.  

"Are you kidding me!  That was my shot at skipping my way straight to heroinedom!"  Miyu collected herself, before looking for the other boys in the store.  "Geez...couldn't you have done a little more?  And can't you tell Theodore to be a little nicer?  I thought I was gonna get caught in the crossfire there?"  She sent a puff of hair to her bangs, blowing them out of her face.  "Man...I couldn't get paired up with bigger losers if I tried!"  With the store in shambles, Miyu shrugged.  "I guess we can do one good thing today.  You boys, get to cleaning!  I'll be your beautiful cheerleader!  Now let's GO! GO! GO!"  

After much effort, the store was put back together in a somewhat normal fashion, although Miyu had since torn up the provocative cardboard cutouts on 'accident'.  As they rounded up all the supplies they had came here for, Miyu strode up to the counter and placed the Hairo Credit Card on the counter.  She wasn't sure if the man had been beat up too badly, but she'd already called the police while the other two cleaned up.  Thankfully, he was in a good enough condition to ring them up.  After they walked out of the store, Miyu held two bags of supplies aloft into the air. 

"Alright boys!  Shopping time!!!!!"

7yXSqaj.png?1

With a distracting punch in the side, the kid with tentacles was able to position himself in just the right position to launch another assault on her.  She went to punch the boy as he made his way to her, but she was visibly woozy now, no thanks to the drop in temperature around the area.  As the boy wrapped tentacles around her jugular, she collapsed to her knees.  She desperately struggled to reach for something to eat, anything, almost resorting to taking a bite out of the boys tentacles themselves, but to no avail.  Her eyes rolled to the back of her head, and she fell to the ground unconscious.  Her snores were almost enough to shake the store, as she reverted back to her original self.  In the meantime, a group of terribly costumed heroes swooped in to take over the scene.  They shooed the Hairo students away, but not before scolding them for acting so irrationally as civilians without Hero Licenses.  

The news vans and police were the next to show up, as the rag tag group of heroes proclaimed to take credit for taking down the Insatiable Devil that had plagued their district for some time now.  

7yXSqaj.png?1

Later That Night

On the opposite side of the dorms, across the walkway to the school, lied a larger building used for recreational activities.  It was still just as beat up as the rest of the facilities seemed to be around here, but it was a place for all of the students to relax and wind down.  It had older video game consoles, and various other things such as a billiards table, shogi boards, chess boards, and playing cards.  Juryo sat on a couch, looking at the ceiling, waiting for others to file in to lay some news on them.  

"What a day..."

Nanami quickly realized how little of an actual plan there was at work here. And she was soon deflated as the fight soon became Juryo talking the electric monster down. The shark was ready for blood the whole while of course, but so long as things seemed under control that would prove less than wise. Still, she made sure to keep the back of the guy's neck in range of her teeth. If he acted up again she wanted to put a stop to things before he turned into an electrical monster she couldn't hurt. But the need never arose and the group managed to actually shop somewhat normally all things considered. The awkward air about it all never really subsided but by the time they made it back to Hairo, even Nanami had almost relaxed.

The solution to both problems was certainly cocky on Juryo's end. Hiding a whole person away on campus grounds as he siphoned electricity on the government's dime seemed like quite the operation. But the sentiment Juryo expressed was one she could get behind. Still, she wasn't going to put her neck on the line over any of this and she had to make that clear.

"Don't do anything too shady. i ain't gonna go ratting you out but I'm not gonna go out of my way to stop them finding you either." she called out as she took her leave of the shopping group.

-----

Endlessly tired of the school uniform, Nanami had changed into what one could describe as a bikini if they were being generous. It covered so little one could question the point in wearing it at all. At least for the moment, Nanami didn't raise that question to herself as she made her way from the dorms to the recreation center that had been provided to them. Upon entering, the shark took notice of Juryo on a couch but didn't speak up to him yet. She was on a mission. One she was sure to be disappointed in but she had to try. She entered and exited the room several times before confirming there definitely wasn't a pool on campus grounds. There was a hose outside but at that point she might as well just go take a shower. This took her to searching through the closets and storage, sorting through junk games and other activities provided to them. Then she struck gold. Well silver really. Probably more of a bronze the more she looked at it.

"Well shit. Guess that'll have to do." she said as she dragged a large heap of plastic outside. The sound of running water could be heard after a few minutes and before too long in came Nanami, dragging a freshly filled kiddy pool into the recreation area. She was careful not to puncture the plastic but not so careful as to avoid getting water on the floor. Leaving it outside would have been easier but she wanted to see what the others made of the place after their first lessons and shopping. Might as well try to be social for a little bit. With a relatively vacant corner of the room secured for the pool, Nanami finally set it down before lowering herself into the water with a small splash.

"Perfect..." she grunted, clearly irritated. Her legs and the end of her tail were sticking out the end of the thing. It was deep enough to go all the way under, if one slid the entire lower half of their body out of it first. It would be a nice place to sit and relax for her at least compared to any of the couches. Two could probably fit in the thing if they were okay being really close to each other.

Now was the time for the question from earlier. Nanami removed the already revealing swim wear without a care in the world over this being a public space for all the students. If they were going to be monitored all over the place she wasn't about to get hung up about it. That was probably someone's job after all. It was time to stretch and try to loosen up from the brief fight with the electric kid from earlier. Finally as comfortable as she was going to get without being able to actually swim, the shark acknowledged Juryo in the room with her.

"Bet they have us painting the place for them tomorrow huh?" she put out with a laugh.

Edited by Doggo

kiburi.pnghane.png

Admittedly, things hadn't gone the way Kiburi expected. However, she liked Juryo's approach to the electric boy's problem a lot more than her own, and so she'd opted to simply roll with it. But that was then. Now it was later, and there was one part of campus Kiburi still hadn't checked out. That building across from the dorms; some sort of recreational area or something. There was no harm in checking it out really. With her roommate not in the room, her only real alternative was just laying around in bed with only the shoddy atmosphere and the cockroaches as company. No thanks.

And so, Kiburi made a brief stop at the device on her table to draw the roaches on her away from her and onto there. It wouldn't get rid of everyone of course, but most of them was good enough. A quick glance at the clock indicated that it would zap soon, too. Wonderful. With that mostly taken care of, Kiburi stepped out of the dorm and across campus. When she opened the door, she was met with the sight of Hane, sitting nearby, shuffling a deck of cards. It looked like he'd been waiting for her.

Hane perked up when he saw Kiburi, a grin coming across his face. "Ah, I see you have finally arrived, Kiburi-girl," he said in a tone that could only be described as stereotypically gay sounding. "I've just been positively dying waiting for you. Would you like to partake in a card game with me?"

"What's with the voice?" Kiburi asked as an eyebrow raised up.

"Why, don't you know? This is the voice of one who wears the crown of King of Games, and you, Kiburi-girl...," He paused for dramatic effect as he reached under the table. His fingers grabbed a paper crown with "King of Games" scribbled on it, plopping it on his head. "Are talking to the King of Games."

"..." Kiburi stared, flabbergasted, at the paper crown now sitting atop Hane's head. "A... Alright, then." She wasn't sure if she wanted to ask about the crown or not. For fear that an explanation that would only confuse her further, Kiburi directed her attention down to the cards instead. "Then... how about old maid? Arata taught me all about it."

"Sure, I don't mind, but I have a question for you," Hane mentioned as he reached into the deck and pulled out a Joker, before shuffling it again. "Do you think we should get more people in on this action or just keep it between us?"

"Hmmm..." Looking deeper into the building, Kiburi noticed two people. One was Nanami. She seemed to have gotten herself comfy in a pool. Probably not a good idea to trust her with cards right now, then, but Kiburi wasn't about to stop her if she asked to join in. The other was Juryo. She nodded in the latter's direction, gesturing for Hane to follow along. "Hey," the cockroach magnet said, as one of the foul critters crawled over her shoulder and onto her back. "We're playing old maid. Want in?"

toshiko.png

Overall, everything went about as well as Toshiko could have hoped! The villain was defeated, and all the students got for using their Quirks illegally was a stern scolding by a ragtag group of heroes she didn't recognize. Excellent luck all around! And now with the day's business wrapped up, it was time to kick back and relax! And wouldn't you know it, there was a recreational building for exactly that! Even if the forms of entertainment were awfully mundane, Toshiko still found herself ooh'ing and aah'ing at the options available. She'd never seen a billiards table up-close before! And she'd seen pictures of old consoles like the ones in here, and even an old unit in person that was dusty and didn't work, but a functional one? Amazing!

Whoever decked this place out must be an old man.

Her classmates were filling the place in, too. This was a good opportunity to get to know people a bit better. Making her way around Juryo and the other two that were gathering near him, Toshiko went for the TV. Oh, this is one of those old ones! Carrying it in here must have been a pain! Place was decked out by a strong geezer. Toshiko turned it on, plugged in one of the consoles for it, and without bothering to check what was inside, fired it up. Then she sat down, got comfy, and waited eagerly for the game to start.

And of course, she'd greet anyone that came in with a smile and a wave.

Edited by yui

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

Keika expected the end result to this little 'heroic stunt'...the villain passed out, most likely due to her own Quirk, and they immediately were shooed away by some D-List Heroes arrived to take the credit...as well as reprimand them for acting without a license. The young man held his tongue however, truly wishing to roast these D-Listers with saying if they would've done their job better, shit like this wouldn't have happened and they did a much better job at being heroic than these posers. Nevertheless, Keika kept this to himself, only rolling his eyes and leaving with the others.

Only one thing was good for him out of all this: the civilians were safe and that's all that truly mattered to him. That...and no one got hurt because of his Quirk...

Keika ended up making his way into the recreational room, filing in after a few of his fellow classmates...all he pretty much knew here was his roommate, Scales, Roach-Girl, Ice Queen...and of course...Bounce Boy. He had a thought of just turning heel and walking out after seeing that annoyance of a classmate, but after the whole fight with the villain at the grocery store...he figured he wasn't...that bad...but still annoying. Plus...he already knew of his past some since he blurted it out him and Tentacles, since they pressured him.

He figured that'd get brought up later...but he'd deal with that later.

"Guess this is where the losers all hang out, huh?" Keika grumbled, grabbing a seat and immediately sitting in it. He then immediately pointed at Hane and Kiburi. "And before you ask...no...I don't want to play any card games." That needed to be made known almost immediately, he figured. "...so anyone else's group get yelled at by a group of D-List Heroes after we beat a villain today because no Hero was in sight at the grocery store?"

Akuma wasn't too pleased about them having to wrangle a villain and then getting chewed out by some third-rate heroes he'd never heard of for doing their jobs.

Crap neighborhood, crap heroes. Nobody wants to work in the slums unless it's a PR stunt.

Passing the rec room, he backtracked a step to glance in the door-- as if sensing exposed skin-- to see Nanami soaking, naked, in a kiddie pool in the corner. Wow. Incredibly, he half-expected her to get away with it, at least in the short-term.

Being physically drained after the fight with the Insatiable Devil, he pulled up a chair and decided to casually ogle Nanami in the meantime. His prior assessment still held-- this class was chock full of cuties.

Midome would have really wanted to reply to Miyu. Truly. His fighting spirit, however, decided that it had enough for the day, and as the office lady stormed off the the store, Midome deflated as all the tension left him.

"Let's just... go back to school, shall we?"  He extended a hand to Yu who was still on the ground, before letting himself be dragged by the girl's orders. "At least it doesn't seem like any customer got hurt." They shouldn't have been in too much trouble. hopefully.

After they finished cleaning up the place, Midome felt possibly more relaxed than before. Sure, they just had to work as MIyu provided... moral support, but the police had been called, the supplies had been bought and no crazy lady was flinging shelves around the shop anymore. He wasn't even feeling hungry though that was more due to the drink he took before than anything else.

"Alright boys!  Shopping time!!!!!"

Of course such a state of affairs couldn't last for long. Midome took one of the bags, and staggered a moment under the weight, what were the girl's arms made of to lift them like that? And adjusted his grip to make it more comfortable.

"Look, I know I said that if there had been time we could've gone for it, but I think we should get back to the dorms." He pointed towards the building they had just came out of. "Before we find another villain crashing the shop we're in, and we have to buy everything again."

"I didn't account for you three standing up to defend this man. Aspiring heroes or something? Lucky for you, I'm about to be late to an important meeting if I don't start moving, and fast. Ciao, children... and try not to pick fights with the grown-ups anymore, would you?"

Yu was almost relieved that the woman decided to escape rather than continue the fight, whether or not she actually heeded his warning. However, her hasty retreat did nothing to calm Theodore, who slammed its arms into the linoleum floor instead of its intended target, bursting its fists and covering the floor in black toner. As its plastic body twisted and contorted to face the escaping demon woman, it was knocked off balance before it could charge after her as Miyu tumbled into it. Its quarry now out of sight, the golem slowly turned towards Miyu, selecting her as its new target for its rage.

Seeing the immediate threat, Yu let out a desperate cry as he made a last ditch dive at Theodore. To his relief, instead of feeling the cold floor on his face, he felt the familiar fluff of the rogue teddy bear, which immediately caused the golem to collapse into a pile of warped plastic and ink. Opening his eyes a crack, he saw that while the shop was destroyed, the few bystanders who stayed for the fight were flustered, but uninjured. The sight of the chaos he had created and the adrenaline draining away caused all of his emotions to start bubbling to the surface.

"Let's just... go back to school, shall we? At least it doesn't seem like any customer got hurt. "

Yu looked teary-eyed at Midome, taking his hand while keeping his left arms firmly around the inert teddy bear, nodding silently in agreement.

"Man...I couldn't get paired up with bigger losers if I tried! I guess we can do one good thing today.  You boys, get to cleaning!  I'll be your beautiful cheerleader!  Now let's GO! GO! GO!"

With little spirit left to do much talking, Yu turned towards the pile of destroyed printers and started pulling the debris apart.

---

Yu let out an exhausted sigh as he mopped up the last puddle of ink from the floor, his mind more tired than his body despite the laborious task of cleaning up the store with just one mop. As he finally left the store, with Miyu enthusiastically leading them to the mall, he couldn’t help but notice the judging glares of the police officers and paramedics who had come to assess the situation that was caused. Doing his very best to avoid eye contact and not think what they thought of him, Yu simply followed Miyu with his eyes fixed forward.

"Look, I know I said that if there had been time we could've gone for it, but I think we should get back to the dorms. Before we find another villain crashing the shop we're in, and we have to buy everything again."

“I think we should go home Miyu-san,” Yu muttered sheepishly in agreement, hoping that Miyu would not hear him and not give them another scolding on top of the one they were certainly going to get when they returned to school.

dF8FFBg.jpgbg8JhGZ.png?1

Miyu happily pranced out of the store, as the boys slowly followed behind her.  With all that uselessness they showed during the fight, they could make up for it by being her personal bag holders!  It was a perfect end to the day.  

"Look, I know I said that if there had been time we could've gone for it, but I think we should get back to the dorms. Before we find another villain crashing the shop we're in, and we have to buy everything again."

“I think we should go home Miyu-san,”

Miyu's eye twitched, as she looked back at them.  She placed both hands on her hips and leaned forwards.

"Look!  It's been a long day for all of us!  I could really use this as a stress reliever, all right!"  Although, looking the boys over some more, it was clear that they were both tuckered out, no thanks to her bossing them around while cleaning that store.  Miyu sighed, and stood straight.  She bit her lip, but it was obvious by the look she gave them that she was going to give in to their demands.  "Alright fine!  Just this once, I'll listen to you.  But don't think you've gotten off the ropes scott free, you hear me!?  You're just gonna have to hold twice as many bags than I was gonna make you this time, got it?!"  With a pout, and a huff, Miyu turned around and marched off, holding her hands behind her back.  "Come on...school's not that far away."

It seemed a lot of commotion was stirring up in the rec room, as the group had gathered back at school.  

"You boys drop off that supplies in the school, I'm gonna go see what everyone's up to!"  She pointed a finger at the two.  "And don't go thinking about slinking back to your rooms either!  You better come hang out with me when you're done!  I've got jobs for the three of you!"  Leaving the boys, she rubbed her hands together deviously.  She'd have both of them under her finger as her own personal play things.  Delicious.  She opened the door to the rec room to notice that the gang was all here, her eyes especially drifting over to Nanami, who had plopped her tail fin in a kiddie pool.  Miyu took no time stripping, only leaving on the essentials, and jumping into the small pool alongside the girl.  "Nanami!!!!!"  She squealed, as she hit the plastic bottom.  Ignoring the pain, Miyu crawled right behind her, tracing the girls every curve.  "Nanamiiiii~!  You shouldn't be doing something so lewd in front of all the boys~!  Not with this body of yours~!"  She almost talked like a serpent.  "What cup size are you anyway?!  Geez this is just ridiculous!"  Her eyes shot straight towards Akuma.  The boy's eyes could cut through fog with how intensely focused he stared at the scene.  

At the sudden addition of Miyu, Juryo could also be seen in a steam.  He looked away, shooting his face to the side, only to try and take another peak.  

"...so anyone else's group get yelled at by a group of D-List Heroes after we beat a villain today because no Hero was in sight at the grocery store?"  He was knocked out of this hypnosis by Keika's question.

"Nah.  We pretty much skated out of the Electronics Store without much hassle.  Although, we did pick up a straggler."  Juryo sighed.  "It's not a long story, but it sure is an annoying one.  He should be here momentarily I assume." 

"Ahhhhn~!"  Miyu purred, continuing to harass the shark, "We just ran into some old hag at the office store.  She seemed like a bad guy, so I wanted to bring her in...too bad boys are so useless, right Nana?"  

He had to get his mind off of those two frolicking in the kiddie pool.  He walked over to Toshiko, and sat down beside her. 

"What're you playing?"  He asked her, his face glued to the retro t.v.

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

"Nah. We pretty much skated out of the Electronics Store without much hassle. Although, we did pick up a straggler. It's not a long story, but it sure is an annoying one. He should be here momentarily I assume."

"Oh cool...another addition to the Loser Club?" Keika groaned, shaking his head some. Of course his roommate got off scott-free. Well, there was always the other gr-...

"Ahhhhn~! We just ran into some old hag at the office store.  She seemed like a bad guy, so I wanted to bring her in...too bad boys are so useless, right Nana?"

Keika's hand met his face, as another groan was heard. So out of the three groups...it was obvious that his group, the universe seemed to want to just drop in their lap a villain and then have them being given a per-verbal slap on the wrist because they weren't there to do their jobs. Fan...fucking...tastic.

"Greeeeeeeeaaaaaaat...so what I'm hearing is everyone else had a grand old time while me, Ice Queen, Tentacles and Bounce Boy over there get our hands slapped." he said, shaking his head greatly now. He glanced backwards and saw what Juryo and Tentacles was staring at. And of course, it was as bad as he could've expected. The shark and the demon were both in the little kiddie pool...as scandalously presenting themselves in this predicament as they possibly could. One blink...two blinks...three blinks and finally Keika snapped out of his small trance before rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, next time with this crap...we better not get our hands slapped because we were doing the job of those Heroes...cause lord knows those D-Listers wouldn't have done it if it wasn't going to be just a publicity stunt for them...didn't see them evacuate the civilians...which reminds me..." Keika stopped and then looked at Bounce Boy, Tentacles and Ice Queen before shaking his head. "Next time, instead of doing what you morons did...how about you evacuate the civilians? I mean seriously..."

Akuma nodded. "You make a good point, Keika. I guess I got a little... [what's the word...] excited? Something to think about for next time." He looked back to Miyu and Nanami and leaned back, propping his chair on the edge of the table. "I think I'm really gonna like it here," he mused, pulling a bottle of water from his bag and cracking it open.

Can't believe I'm at a school where I get to watch shit like this happen just out of nowhere. I gotta snag one of these cuties for myself before the others do. He took a sip of water. Well. One or two... maybe more. After all, why limit myself to what my hands can carry when I've got all these tentacles.

As he thought that, a couple of little feelers rose on his forearms like goosebumps, waving and curling. God, he was sore from that fight. A good kind of sore, though. Hard work did that to you.

Edited by ChampionZero

Sure enough, Nanami had set several of the boys on edge with her bearing it all in the kiddie pool. Though that Akuma was shamelessly taking in the sight was a bit less expected. Still, she didn't much mind the attention. Rash actor that she was, she had pulled similar stunts many a time before and gotten scolded for it just as often. The truly unexpected factor came in the arrival of Miyu, who before Nanami could even react was already in the pool with her in a very hands on fashion splashing about. The shark protested in a mixture of laughter from being somewhat ticklish and aggravation at the unsolicited touch and less than appropriate questions.

"Ever look in the mirror?" she managed to bark back with regards to Miyu's own incredibly lewd nature. The two wrestled a bit as Miyu continued her harassment as conversation shifted to the events of the different teams. It seemed all things considered, the Electronics store had it pretty good. At least compared to the team that got scolded by some no name heroes. At this point Nanami managed to break away from Miyu long enough to stand up in the pool. Water droplets slid down her scale-like skin like they were racing back to the pool below. Enough was enough.

"Yeah boys are useless, just like you in a few minutes!" she called out while moving in to attempt to put the devil child into a head lock. Taking in what everyone else was up to was going to prove difficult until she got this one under control.

Midome had no idea what kind of "jobs" Miyu intended to have them do, but he wasn't looking forward to finding out. Not that he had any intention to do anything but his best to avoid them, whatever they were. Still, he mechanically went to drop the supplies, much to the relief of his arms. That was done, at least. Now, everyone else seems to be in the recreative room, right?

Without haste, he took out his flask as he made his way there, the muffled sound of people talking guiding him as he started drinking, opened the door, and then almost chocked on his beverage.

Hot, basically naked girls wrestling in a kiddy pool didn't quite fit what he expected to find. The next couple of seconds didn't help to make more sense of the scene either, as he stared oblivious to anything else, including the splashes of water caused by the two. He had to avert his gaze before the bewilderment passed enough to make space to... other feelings.

For the others, his roommate seemed to be the only one interested in the scene. Very interested, it seemed. One was at the tv. The other were... playng card games, or something.

Doing his level best keep his gaze away from the splashing sounds, he made his way to the table. Nobody was commenting on the fact, and he sure as heck wasn't going to bring it up first.

"So, how did it go to you guys?"

Edited by Arkars

"Alright fine!  Just this once, I'll listen to you.  But don't think you've gotten off the ropes scott free, you hear me!?  You're just gonna have to hold twice as many bags than I was gonna make you this time, got it?!  Come on...school's not that far away."

Yu sighed in relief as Miyu acquiesced, even if she threatened to exact her revenge later. Even as his arms ached from carrying the office supplies, the promise of being able to return to his sanctuary was enough motivation to push through sore arms. Sighing as he gently placed the heavy boxes on the floor, he started to make his way back to his dorm. However, as he passed the rec room, he heard the sound of a commotion and the sound of...splashing water? After a moment of inner conflict, his curiosity won out, leading him to open the sliding door.

The sight of Miyu aggressively groping Nanami in an inflatable pool made while several of his male classmates ogled them made Yu strongly reconsider going back to his room. However, as he tried to avert his gaze, he noticed a friendly, and thankfully more normal face as Toshiko waved at him while playing an old video game. Raising his hand to block the salacious view, Yu made his way across the room to the TV, taking a seat and letting Theodore sit next to him.

“What kind of game is that? I’ve never seen that one before.”

kiburi.pnghane.png

"And before you ask...no...I don't want to play any card games."

A huge, shit-eating grin spread across Hane's face. "MMMMMM, Keika-boy, I didn't realize you cared so much about me. Not wanting to risk taking my crown from me, so you opt to sit out? You're so thoughtful!"

"Heroes don't dethrone kings," Kiburi added. "I don't want to be a hero though, so I have no problem taking your crown." For the brief duration in which Hane turned to address one of the other students - some bitter guy she couldn't be bothered to remember the name of - Kiburi continued shuffling the deck, before splitting it in half and setting the halves down on the table. "Pick your pile."

Hane turned and grinned. "Oh, I see you wanna a knight of rebellion, here to take down the king. Well, let it be known this won't be my Battle of Camlann," He looked around, making absolutely sure no one else wanted to join in on the game before seeing Nanami and Miyu wrestling in the pool, letting out a whistle of appreciation as he took in the sight.

He then turned to Akuma, watching the feelers rise out of his skin. The bouncing boy leaned over, poking a feeler. "So, is this like an erection or something?" He asking joking. He then turned to Midome, shrugging. "Some hot dinosaur girl that resembled a pickle attacked us. We tried to stop her, but it seemed all our attacks could do was tickle the pickle. Then she passed out from hunger. Sucked to, she didn't respond when I asked her out on a date. Anyways, wanna play Old Maid?"

toshiko.png

"Next time, instead of doing what you morons did...how about you evacuate the civilians? I mean seriously..."

Hane listened to Keika's complaints and his reprimands with a serious look on his face, before placing the deck he was shuffling on the table. "Yeah, you're right Keika," Hane stated, his tone being very serious. "In hindsight, I could have went to evacuate people, but in the moment, I thought that the girl could had charged ahead, seriously hurting someone, so the best choice of action was to stay there and make sure she didn't move too much," He sighed as he leaned back. "As for getting slaps on the wrists, who cares?" he shrugged as he put his hands behind his head. "I'll break the law as many times as I have to so long as I'm helping someone in front of me that needs me. I didn't take this chance to become a hero for the money or praise. As long as people are being saved, that's good enough for me,"

"My Quirk's no good for evacuation," Toshiko huffed, a puff of frosty mist escaping her lips as she did. "Besides, if we all evacuated civilians, nobody would be there to stop the villain! I had to play to my strengths! That's an important part of being a hero!" After the brief moment that she had turned around to address Keika, Toshiko turned back to the TV to see that she had lost a life while her back was turned. Oops.

"What're you playing?

“What kind of game is that? I’ve never seen that one before.”

"Just an old platforming game," Toshiko smiled, turning her attention back to the game as she proceeded to jump over turtles and mushroom monsters alike. "My dad has a lot of these really old consoles lying around at home, so it was a nice change of pace to see this old thing. Would one of you like to try it out? I'm no elite gamer, but I like to think I'm pretty good at these old games."

Edited by yui

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

Keika did his best to ignore Hane's attempt of joking...only solidifying himself as sort of the class clown act...maybe even worse than the class clown act. Maybe just being sheer stupid...which would definitely be much worse. Then again...what he heard next from the Grocery Store group...

"You make a good point, Keika. I guess I got a little...excited? Something to think about for next time."

Hentai certainly seemed like the apologetic one...so definitely that was one thing. Least someone has a working brain... The next response, however, surprised him a bit...and from Bounce Boy of all people.

"Yeah, you're right Keika. In hindsight, I could have went to evacuate people, but in the moment, I thought that the girl could had charged ahead, seriously hurting someone, so the best choice of action was to stay there and make sure she didn't move too much. As for getting slaps on the wrists, who cares? I'll break the law as many times as I have to so long as I'm helping someone in front of me that needs me. I didn't take this chance to become a hero for the money or praise. As long as people are being saved, that's good enough for me."

This surprised him...quite a lot actually. Keika gave Hane a look, at first it was one with disgust by the way he said this...but then, he simply rolled his eyes and shrugged. "...whatever. All I'll say is think with head next time rather than acting on your heroic instincts, Bounce Boy." he waved him off slightly. Though now...now he'd have to talk to this kid about that later, cause it seemed he had experience with this.

Then, of course, there was the Ice Queen...

"My Quirk's no good for evacuation. Besides, if we all evacuated civilians, nobody would be there to stop the villain! I had to play to my strengths! That's an important part of being a hero!"

"Oh, that's not what I'm talking about with you..." Keika's eyes narrowed towards her. "...evacuating civilians is one thing...but you seemed not to be doing a damn thing. You could've ACTUALLY fought the villain! Hell, if she was legit part lizard with that damn Quirk of hers...you know you could've...oh...I don't know...grabbed a hold of her and froze her. I mean, you literally threw water at her...and ran...like, what the fuck were you doing back there?? I mean seriously...Hentai and Bounce Boy literally had her occupied, so you could've easily done something more productive."

dF8FFBg.jpgbg8JhGZ.png?1

"Ever look in the mirror?"

"Ahhhn~!  What could you possibly mean by that Nana~!"  Miyu teased, sticking a tongue out.  In her absent mindedness, Nanami slipped from Miyu's grasp, and towered above the demon.  The water glistened as it fell down the curves of her smooth body.  It was almost too tantalizing, as Miyu went to touch the shark's thigh.

"Yeah boys are useless, just like you in a few minutes!"  Nanami went on the offensive, putting Miyu in a rather firm choke hold.  Her tight breathing, and being so close to the girls skin, was really starting to make her light-headed.  What a rush.  However, Nanami's hold wouldn't be enough to knock her out.  "What a shame", she thought devilishly.  She could only pout, as Nanami held her head between her arms. 

"Geez...can't I just have fun?"  She'd use her chains to subdue Nanami even more, wrapping around ever nook and cranny, but maybe she'd save that for later.  "Lemme go Nana!!!"  

It was almost improbable, but the fact that things were even steamier in that kiddie pool was crazy to Juryo.  It was then that Hane had said something that grabbed his attention from the game that Toshiko was playing.  

"Yeah, you're right Keika, In hindsight, I could have went to evacuate people, but in the moment, I thought that the girl could had charged ahead, seriously hurting someone, so the best choice of action was to stay there and make sure she didn't move too much.  As for getting slaps on the wrists, who cares?  I'll break the law as many times as I have to so long as I'm helping someone in front of me that needs me. I didn't take this chance to become a hero for the money or praise. As long as people are being saved, that's good enough for me."

Juryo nodded in agreement.  

"Sounds to me like you're one of them vigilante types."  Juryo said, swinging his elbow back to look at the card table.  "That's some conviction you got there...probably what ended you up in here, am I right?"  

"My Quirk's no good for evacuation.  Besides, if we all evacuated civilians, nobody would be there to stop the villain! I had to play to my strengths! That's an important part of being a hero!"

"Oh, that's not what I'm talking about with you...evacuating civilians is one thing...but you seemed not to be doing a damn thing. You could've ACTUALLY fought the villain! Hell, if she was legit part lizard with that damn Quirk of hers...you know you could've...oh...I don't know...grabbed a hold of her and froze her. I mean, you literally threw water at her...and ran...like, what the fuck were you doing back there?? I mean seriously...Hentai and Bounce Boy literally had her occupied, so you could've easily done something more productive."

Juryo sat up from his spot next to Toshiko, and stared at his roommate.

"Hey man, not everyone knows how to react in these kinds of situations, alright?"  He directed a thumb towards Toshiko.  "She's still learnin' to become a hero.  It comes to some of us naturally, but don't go putting blame on her man.  Technically, she didn't do anything wrong, if she didn't do anything at all, right?  Let's chill out."  

"Some hot dinosaur girl that resembled a pickle attacked us. We tried to stop her, but it seemed all our attacks could do was tickle the pickle. Then she passed out from hunger. Sucked to, she didn't respond when I asked her out on a date. Anyways, wanna play Old Maid?"

Midome eyed the cards. The guy... Hane, was it? He seemed amicable enough, however...

"I'd say yes, but you'll have to teach me how to. Never played it." It wasn't strange that someone his age didn't know how to play it right? Sure he hoped so as he sat down as the rest of his classmates argued, listening while very carefully forcing himself to not turn towards the splashing sounds.

"Hey man, not everyone knows how to react in these kinds of situations, alright? She's still learnin' to become a hero.  It comes to some of us naturally, but don't go putting blame on her man.  Technically, she didn't do anything wrong, if she didn't do anything at all, right?  Let's chill out."  

"What is it with today anyway? here I thought what kind of cursed luck we had and now it turns out everyone's in the same boat." He turned towards Juryo, cocking his head "Also, was that a pun?"

With Miyu somewhat under control, despite her thrashing of course, Nanami was able to actually take stock of some of what was going on in the room around them. Most of the others seemed to want to just relax, but a select few seemed to have a stick up their ass about something or other. The shark was still fuming herself from not being able to hurt the electric guy but if he was gonna be crashing in some school basement there was always going to be time to beat him up some other day. A calming thought really. Almost anyway.

"Hey little devil," the nude shark addressed her still struggling in the headlock acquaintance. "Old maid over at the table. Bet you got some tricks up your..." Nanami stopped as she took stock of the situation. "Well no sleeves between us but you get my point. Why don't you go count cards or some shit, bully them for a few rounds and let the ferocious predator relax a bit. I'll come over in a minute if you're still feeling frisky." the shark offered her deal with a sly smile, or as sly as she could while exerting herself. It was a peaceful enough solution. Of course, if that wasn't what Miyu was feeling up to then this was about to start going places. All over the rest of the rec room kind of places in some vain hope of preserving her pitiful little pool.

toshiko.png

"Oh, that's not what I'm talking about with you... ...evacuating civilians is one thing...but you seemed not to be doing a damn thing. You could've ACTUALLY fought the villain! Hell, if she was legit part lizard with that damn Quirk of hers...you know you could've...oh...I don't know...grabbed a hold of her and froze her. I mean, you literally threw water at her...and ran...like, what the fuck were you doing back there?? I mean seriously...Hentai and Bounce Boy literally had her occupied, so you could've easily done something more productive."

"No way, José!"

"Hey man, not everyone knows how to react in these kinds of situations, alright? She's still learnin' to become a hero.  It comes to some of us naturally, but don't go putting blame on her man.  Technically, she didn't do anything wrong, if she didn't do anything at all, right?  Let's chill out."  

"It's not even that! If I grabbed hold of her with my Quirk, I'd be in a whole heap of trouble! It's illegal to use Quirks against others without a license, and mine is pretty obvious." Putting the controller down to hold up her gloved hands, Toshiko continued "I wear these for a reason! And in case you forgot, I did do something! The ice she slipped on was all me! But direct contact? No, sir! I lost U.A. to that already, and I'm not losing Hairo to it too."

kiburi.png

"I'd say yes, but you'll have to teach me how to. Never played it."

As much as she didn't like it, it seemed someone had opted in to Hane's offer for more Old Maid players. There were three now, and the shark over there was trying to convince horny devil to become a player four. This wasn't gonna get all crowded, was it? Putting the piles of cards back together into one deck, Kiburi started shuffling again. Then stopped midway to confirm that there was only one joker in the deck. There were two.

Go figure.

"What is it with today anyway? here I thought what kind of cursed luck we had and now it turns out everyone's in the same boat."

"Getting sent here is cursed luck to begin with," Kiburi sighed, pulling the extra joker out of the deck before resuming her shuffling. "We're the rejects of the world, and lady luck sent us here to piss on us even more. Or something like that. You'd think whoever's in charge would have started caring about us sooner, but I guess they wanted to pick an inconvenient time to suddenly force us halfway across the country. Or however far you lot are from."

Turning around in her chair to face the shark and her new parasite, Kiburi stared directly at the red one and asked "Are you joining us up here?"

Edited by yui

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

Keika resisted the urge to groan and roll his eyes at the moment how Juryo practically made some "cold" pun and wanted to put his roommate in his place, but immediately was halted as the Ice Queen spoke up.

"It's not even that! If I grabbed hold of her with my Quirk, I'd be in a whole heap of trouble! It's illegal to use Quirks against others without a license, and mine is pretty obvious. I wear these for a reason! And in case you forgot, I did do something! The ice she slipped on was all me! But direct contact? No, sir! I lost U.A. to that already, and I'm not losing Hairo to it too."

His eyes began to narrow towards the Ice Queen, immediately scoffing with a roll of his eyes. Well...the cat was about to be out of the bag for him now...at this point, he figured it'd be time. Keika immediately sat up from the chair, it basically being knocked over in the process. "Alright Ice Queen, you want to go that route? Fine..." he said with quite a stern face. "You think just cause you lost the chance at U.A. means you can't actually fight to save your own life in a do or die situation, if that's the case then you should've just not come."

The youth immediately began to roll his sleeves up, showing off quite a bit of old scarring that was on his skin. "Do you see these? These are from my damn Quirk. And this damn Quirk of mine basically ruins my own body if I keep it active for too long and my obsidian granite armor chips. And you remember what I said with it before? Under the surface I have magma...I'm a literal volcano!" he shouted, his fists balling up.

"...I lost my chance at U.A. the day I was born...the day I GOT a Quirk." Keika continued. "...you wanna know how? I had Quirkless parents who saw me and this damn power of mine as a curse...they abused me and put me down way farther than I ever thought...and guess what, I pushed back. I defended myself with my 'curse'...and newsflash, I still have lava flowing underneath...so take a wild guess on what the hell happened!" He shouted, quite enraged at having to go back to this memory but he immediately picked the chair back up, setting it back up before moving away. His gaze never left Toshiko, but it did soften up a bit from the glaring look he gave her. "...y'all know now...congrats...made the literal volcano blow his top and explode that piece of trivia...great fuckin' job. Honestly, I could give two flying fucks on why you hate your Quirk, Ice Queen...but between you and me, I think I have more of a reason. ...moment you get done playin' games...maybe you'll actually be able to help in that situation."

With that, Keika flipped the group off and was proceeding to leave the rec room, or at least just go outside for some fresh air...

"Sounds to me like you're one of them vigilante types."  Juryo said, swinging his elbow back to look at the card table.  "That's some conviction you got there...probably what ended you up in here, am I right?"  

"Got in one," Hane admitted with a shrug. "Was only active as the Bouncer for about a year before I let myself get caught. It was either that or they catch my whole group,"

"I'd say yes, but you'll have to teach me how to. Never played it." 

"Sweeeeeeeet~," Hane said in a sing song voice before taking the crown off and placing it in the middle of the table. "Don't worry, the game's easy to play. Basically, you take a deck, and take out one joker. You then deal it to every player, and we take turns taking cards from other people trying to match cards. The one left with the joker, or the 'old maid', loses," He sat, waiting patiently to be dealt in, before Kiburi decided to blindside him with some depressing stuff.

"Getting sent here is cursed luck to begin with," Kiburi sighed, pulling the extra joker out of the deck before resuming her shuffling. "We're the rejects of the world, and lady luck sent us here to piss on us even more. Or something like that. You'd think whoever's in charge would have started caring about us sooner, but I guess they wanted to pick an inconvenient time to suddenly force us halfway across the country. Or however far you lot are from."

"Hey, hey, c'mon Kiburi, turn that frown upside down," Hane smiled at her. "Sure, it ain't the best of places nor the best of timings, but if it weren't for this place, I'd never have met you. I'd just be wasting away in some prison in America for the horrible crime of helping people," And just when he lightened the mood, it came crashing down all over again.

"Alright Ice Queen, you want to go that route? Fine..." Keika said with quite a stern face.

"Um, maybe you guys should calm down som---,"

"You think just cause you lost the chance at U.A. means you can't actually fight to save your own life in a do or die situation, if that's the case then you should've just not come." The youth immediately began to roll his sleeves up, showing off quite a bit of old scarring that was on his skin. "Do you see these? These are from my damn Quirk. And this damn Quirk of mine basically ruins my own body if I keep it active for too long and my obsidian granite armor chips. And you remember what I said with it before? Under the surface I have magma... I'm a literal volcano!" he shouted, his fists balling up.

"...I lost my chance at U.A. the day I was born...the day I GOT a Quirk." Keika continued. "...you wanna know how? I had Quirkless parents who saw me and this damn power of mine as a curse...they abused me and put me down way farther than I ever thought...and guess what, I pushed back. I defended myself with my 'curse'...and newsflash, I still have lava flowing underneath...so take a wild guess on what the hell happened!" He shouted."...y'all know now...congrats...made the literal volcano blow his top and explode that piece of trivia...great fuckin' job. Honestly, I could give two flying fucks on why you hate your Quirk, Ice Queen...but between you and me, I think I have more of a reason. ...moment you get done playin' games...maybe you'll actually be able to help in that situation." With that, Keika stormed away, flipping them all off.

"That's a pretty hardcore origin story," Hane muttered after Keika left, his joking tone missing. His mind began to race. Everyone here needed help one way or another, now he just needed to figure out how to help them....

Akuma slapped Hane on the arm, and he briefly shot him an accompanying look of annoyance. The admonishment was silent, however, as he didn't say anything until he turned to the classmates playing cards at the table with him. "You know, it's a bit boring to be going for Old Maid of all games. You might as well be playing..." He glanced back to Miyu and Nanami, as if to make sure he hadn't missed anything good. "Go fish," He finished. "I'd suggest poker, but we're probably not allowed to gamble and," he glanced again. "Two of us are kinda naked already, which..." He tilted a hand back and forth ambiguously.

Keika's had it rough, Akuma thought, sitting back in his chair. I know the feeling. We're not the same, me and him, but we've got a lot in common. There's what you see on the surface: and then there's something just underneath, if you know how to get to it. But there's more to him than just a fragile veneer of attitude and a roiling ball of rage. He's got something else-- and I'm going to find out what it is.

Edited by ChampionZero

TVFCP59.jpeg

On his way towards the building all that racket was coming from, he noticed a student walk out.  He seemed pissed about something.  With his hands in his pockets, and his teeth munching on a toothpick, he looked at Keika with a frown.  

"Too good for them?"  He asked.  "That makes two of us.  Hate that I gotta lay low here.  I ain't gotta go to classes though, so it's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me."  He walked past Keika, waving a hand out of his pocket.  "Well, whatever.  Don't go snitching on me now, bro!"  

fn6yL2E.pngbg8JhGZ.png?1

"Also, was that a pun?"

Juryo raised an eyebrow, and gave a sly smile.

"You think I'd really be that tasteless, man?  Who knows?"  He shrugged, with the same expression on his face.  That's when Keika exploded, and walked out of the door.  That story was pretty rough to hear, and he'd definitely have to have a talk with his roomie about it.  But for now, it was best to let the volcano cool his top.  

"Hey little devil," Nanami said, as she still had Miyu in a deadlock. "Old maid over at the table. Bet you got some tricks up your..." The girl paused, prompting Miyu to smugly grin, "Well no sleeves between us but you get my point. Why don't you go count cards or some shit, bully them for a few rounds and let the ferocious predator relax a bit. I'll come over in a minute if you're still feeling frisky."  Nanami let her grip go of the demon, as Miyu crossed her arms in a pout.

"Hmph...You're no fun Nana...but I'll gladly take you up on that offer anytime."  Picking up her clothes, she walked away from the kiddie pool.  "I won't go easy on your body next time, so don't even bother begging me for mercy."  She turned her head back towards Nana.  "It'll only turn me on~..."  She blew a kiss at the shark, small flames flickering off of her fingertips in Nanami's direction.  As she walked up to the card table, she sat down and casually stared at the deck of cards.  

"Getting sent here is cursed luck to begin with," Kiburi sighed, while shuffling the deck. "We're the rejects of the world, and lady luck sent us here to piss on us even more. Or something like that. You'd think whoever's in charge would have started caring about us sooner, but I guess they wanted to pick an inconvenient time to suddenly force us halfway across the country. Or however far you lot are from."

"Hey, hey, c'mon Kiburi, turn that frown upside down," Rubber boy had a cheeky smile on his face that almost made Miyu gag. "Sure, it ain't the best of places nor the best of timings, but if it weren't for this place, I'd never have met you. I'd just be wasting away in some prison in America for the horrible crime of helping people."

"Where do you get off with that attitude, Romeo?"  Miyu poked Hane with her finger.  "You're just too upbeat.  I hate it.  Stop."  

"I could see that lifestyle coming a mile away from you, Hane."  Juryo sighed.  "I was that type too...more or less...not so much helping people as it was stomping on crooks...now look at me."  Juryo pointed at Toshiko's game.  "I'm watching some serious let's-play action over here.  I could be beating down thugs to a pulp."  Juryo walked up to Hane, and offered his hand.  "Let's say you and me go on a...patrol, sometime."  His smile was filled with malign intent.  

"Are you joining us up here?"  Kiburi addressed towards Miyu, who in turn looked to the girl.

"Oh...no thanks.  I'll just watch!"  Miyu chuckled.  "I'm terrible at card games...never get dealt the right hand!"  Not like any of them seem to have.  "Buuuuut~," Miyu leaned into Kiburi's ear, tantalizingly whispering, "I can help you cheat if you wanna~..." 

The door was swung open, rather forcefully, as their latest tenant walked into the rec building.  

"Not too shabby...for a hobo..."  He grinned, spitting his toothpick onto the floor.  

"Hey, pick that up, ya hobo!  Throw it in the trash."  Juryo berated the boy.

"What are you, my mom?"  He barked back.

"Well you'd better hope not.  She did kick you out after all."  Juryo laughed, as he scratched the back of his head.

"Why you little," The boy marched up to him with an angry stride, picking Juryo up by the collar of his shirt.  His eyes began to radiate with electricity.  

"Chill," Juryo put his hands up, "You got a home with us misfits.  But I'm sure you won't if I'm toast."  The intruder groaned, before putting Juryo back down on his heels.  Their classmate presented the rude boy in front of all of them.  "This here's our little hobo, Seki Takao."  Juryo applauded, causing Takao to grumble even more intensely.  However, before long, he bowed before the rest of the class.

"Sorry for intrudin'.  You won't even notice I'm here."  The boy lifted his gaze, only for the first thing to see was the Shark babe he thrased earlier, chilling in a kiddie pool.  His face turned red, as he bowed once again.  "And I'm especially sorry to you, miss!  I messed you up somethin' real bad!"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

That Miyu had relented finally allowed Nanami's a moment's reprieve. A deep sigh let the frustration pass as the shark finally took to sitting back down into the water. This was nice. Volcano boy had run off to go mope somewhere else, the card game was getting underway, video games had been going smoothly. Aside from the general chaos of the conversation, the shark felt like she might actually be able to relax. And in a few minutes she'd be okay to try and really get into the talk of the room without a demon girl attached at the hip. For as barebones as it all was, she could almost see herself enjoying it here. But that little fantasy quickly shattered as the door to the room swung open revealing Seki, the electric boy from earlier at the electronics store. Nanami cracked a single eye open to see as Juryo and Seki bickered some and was ready to mostly tune him out for the next few minutes like the rest of the room until she was abruptly addressed. One may have felt the primal bloodlust of an angered shark fill the room, however briefly, as Nanami rose from the pool once again, this time walking toward Seki. She stared at him, as if sizing him up or pondering where to bite, until she stood not but a few feet away.

"Yeah, you got me." the shark admitted as her posture relaxed. "But let's get one thing straight, that wasn't even close to the worst beating I can take. Give me a bit to figure out how to bite electricity and you'll be sorry next time." Nanami continued before a devilish grin exposed her array of pointed teeth. "Not that there's gonna be a next time since you'll be on your best behavior and all that. So, what do you do for fun aside from mess up run down stores? We've got every activity you could ever imagine." Namami spoke, a casual sarcastic tone taking over. Despite the circumstances to their meeting she seemed content to treat Seki like just another member of the local losers club.