Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Shooting Stars (IC/PG-16/Co-hosted by Yui/Pending Acceptance)

toshiko.png

"...y'all know now...congrats...made the literal volcano blow his top and explode that piece of trivia...great fuckin' job. Honestly, I could give two flying fucks on why you hate your Quirk, Ice Queen...but between you and me, I think I have more of a reason. ...moment you get done playin' games...maybe you'll actually be able to help in that situation."

"HOLD IT!" It was too late, though. Keika was already out of the building. It was probably better not to follow him. What Toshiko should have been doing right now was defusing the conflict, not pursuing it. So she just let him go, turning back around and slinking down in her seat. We're not so different after all, are we? Rather than riding his case about this more, Toshiko should have been thinking about some way to make it up to him.

"I was that type too...more or less...not so much helping people as it was stomping on crooks...now look at me. I'm watching some serious let's-play action over here.  I could be beating down thugs to a pulp."

Right now though, finishing this game was a fine course of action too. And it would help calm down, and frankly, Toshiko needed it after a confrontation like that. "It really isn't that impressive," the ice girl smiled, unpausing the game and getting back to some old-school platforming action. Jump over this, duck under that... oops. Toshiko made that jump a bit too early, and the sad result was not quite making the jump and falling into the lava pit beneath.

"...do you think we get mail here?" she asked. Then, what seemed like a pretty sudden turn of events...

"Not too shabby...for a hobo..."

Who's this guy?

"This here's our little hobo, Seki Takao."

"Sorry for intrudin'. You won't even notice I'm here. And I'm especially sorry to you, miss! I messed you up somethin' real bad!"

I see! "From the electronics store, right? Nice to meet you!"

kiburi.png

"Hey, hey, c'mon Kiburi, turn that frown upside down. Sure, it ain't the best of places nor the best of timings, but if it weren't for this place, I'd never have met you. I'd just be wasting away in some prison in America for the horrible crime of helping people."

Then that lava kid - his quirk was lava, right? - flipped his lid, spilling out his origin story in the process. Kiburi did have to agree with Hane on one point. That was a pretty hardcore story. I wonder if we can trade Quirks somehow. There was also the other problem. That horny girl. The one who wasn't interested in card games, but was willing to help Kiburi cheat. "Hard pass," Kiburi whispered back. "Cheating defeats the point." And then there was the other other problem. Hairo Academy's shiny new stowaway. Seki Takao, his name was. While her initial plan of selling him out to Mr. Arai as soon as he got onto campus had fallen through, she was fine with this outcome too.

"Welcome to hero school hell," Kiburi said, nodding over in Seki's direction. "Quick PSA since I know you feed off electricity. Any bug zappers or similar objects you might find on campus are not to be drained." Bringing a hand up to point at the pair of roaches crawling their way down her arm, Kiburi clarified "It's for my Quirk."

Shuffling the cards and splitting them up once more, now that she had a proper player count, Kiburi laid the three piles of cards out for the boys to take their pick. "Each of you, grab a pile and put down any pairs you've got. Then we can start the game proper."

Edited by yui

Midome listened at Hane's explanation of the rules. Seemed easy enough.

"I'm game."

He sat down at the table, waiting for the cards to be dealt.

"Getting sent here is cursed luck to begin with. We're the rejects of the world, and lady luck sent us here to piss on us even more. Or something like that. You'd think whoever's in charge would have started caring about us sooner, but I guess they wanted to pick an inconvenient time to suddenly force us halfway across the country. Or however far you lot are from."

"Hey, hey, c'mon Kiburi, turn that frown upside down. Sure, it ain't the best of places nor the best of timings, but if it weren't for this place, I'd never have met you. I'd just be wasting away in some prison in America for the horrible crime of helping people,"

"You could see it as a chance." He Interjected. "I'll gratefully take it if I can do something productive with my power and get it under control. It's more than what I dared to hope for before, anyway."

But mostly to get this thing under control.

"You think I'd really be that tasteless, man?  Who knows?"

Uh, these vigilante guys seemed indeed far more amicable than their looks implied. Midome felt a pang of guilt at how wary he was of some of his classmates. Better safe than sorry sure, but still. He turned towards Juryo, not sure what to answer. Keika saved him by metaphorically exploding on them, to then storm off.

Midome slowly clapped to himself in his head. He wasn't sure if it had been his comment to cause the outburst, but he wasn't keen on asking the others if they thought so. He elected to stay silent, mentally repeating the rules of the game as a discussion began in the wet direction he wasn't absolutely interested in looking towards.

"I'd suggest poker, but we're probably not allowed to gamble and two of us are kinda naked already, which..."

Nope. Not at all.

He took a sip of nutrients form his bottle. Those sensations were clearly nothing but the echoes of his empty belly.

"Not too shabby...for a hobo..."

What...

Hearing the door being swung open, Midome half expected to see a fuming Keika come back. What he didn't expect was... a complete stranger, who began to throw words with Juryo as soon as he came in. His classmate had to make the presentations for him. It wasn't until Nanami and Toshiko spoke to him that the gears clicked on who the guy must have been.

"Each of you, grab a pile and put down any pairs you've got. Then we can start the game proper."

As he did as he was told, Midome turned towards the newcomer. "So, you're going to stay here?" He couldn't say to be as thrilled as Toshiko seemed to be at the perspective, but he wasn't about to make comments until he had a better picture of the situation. He just hoped this wouldn't cause problems for them in the long run.

Edited by Arkars

hane.png

"You know, it's a bit boring to be going for Old Maid of all games. You might as well be playing..." Akuma glanced back to Miyu and Nanami, as if to make sure he hadn't missed anything good. "Go fish," He finished. "I'd suggest poker, but we're probably not allowed to gamble and," he glanced again. "Two of us are kinda naked already, which..."

"Yeah, I getcha, Akuma Matata," Hane shrugged. "But hey, we're just usin' this to get to know each other, ya know? We can gamble our pants off later,"

"Where do you get off with that attitude, Romeo?" Hane looked over as the cute devil girl poked his admittedly very poke-able cheek.  "You're just too upbeat. I hate it. Stop."  Let out a soft laugh, Hane responded with,

"Well, someone has got to have the positive attitude around here, balance out the scales a little, ya know? 'Sides, this place is an upgrade from anywhere else I could have ended up, so it's hard not to be upbeat,"

"I could see that lifestyle coming a mile away from you, Hane." Juryo sighed. "I was that type too... more or less... not so much helping people as it was stomping on crooks...now look at me."  Juryo pointed at Toshiko's game. "I'm watching some serious let's-play action over here. I could be beating down thugs to a pulp."  Juryo walked up to Hane, and offered his hand. "Let's say you and me go on a...patrol, sometime." His smile was filled with malign intent.

"Ah, hell yeah, I haven't been on a patrol in months, I miss the night life," Hane said as he reached out and shook Juryo's hand. "I need to find the black market 'round here sooner than later anyways," And then without warning, a hobo broke into the room.

"Sorry for intrudin'. You won't even notice I'm here." 

"So do you want me to call ya Seki, or can I give ya nickname?" Hane commented as he looked the newcomer up and down. "Because I'm juggling between Wacky Yahoo Hobo Man or Hobo King,"

"Welcome to hero school hell," Kiburi said, nodding over in Seki's direction. "Quick PSA since I know you feed off electricity. Any bug zappers or similar objects you might find on campus are not to be drained. It's for my Quirk."

"Oh, an electric quirk? Damn, Elec-hobo doesn't sound that good, and Sparky's over done," Hane muttered as his singular brain cell bounced around in his head, trying to come up with a good name as he picked up a pile of cards, throwing down the pairs he had.

"So, you're going to stay here?" Midome added.

"Actually, wait, yeah, are you like, staying here in the game room or are you, like, coming to school with us?" Hane added. "Like, I don't care either way, but I do wanna know if I have to knock before comin' in here,"

Akuma gave Takao a once-over, then stood up and walked up to him. In part, he was unconsciously comparing their height-- Akuma was tall thanks to his dad's genetics, but he liked making sure people were aware of the disparity. On the other hand, he was really just getting a closer look at him. That spark in his eyes had gotten his attention, enough to tear him away from the wet co-eds in his vicinity. He wasn't entirely sure what Takao's deal was, but he intended to find out.

"Takao, eh? I'm Akuma." He offered a hand in greeting. "Welcome to hell, I guess. You some kind of electrical-type?"

TVFCP59.jpeg

His apology seemed to stir up the shark, as she began to make her way to him, getting real up close and personal.  Seeing her from this close was almost enough to knock him out cold, but he managed to keep himself gathered until she spoke.

"Yeah, you got me.  But let's get one thing straight, that wasn't even close to the worst beating I can take. Give me a bit to figure out how to bite electricity and you'll be sorry next time." Nanami continued before a devilish grin exposed her array of pointed teeth. "Not that there's gonna be a next time since you'll be on your best behavior and all that. So, what do you do for fun aside from mess up run down stores? We've got every activity you could ever imagine."

Takao rolled his neck and sighed, doing his best to avert his eyes from the girls smooth skin. 

"I ain't got much time for fun these days...I've been trying to find my little bro..."  He stopped himself short.  "I ain't gonna spare you the sob story, so let's just say I've been on the run cause of it, okay?  Fun isn't really somethin' I'm looking for at the moment.  Just glad to not be sleeping on the streets anymore."  He breathed in, reminiscing about the soft gym matt that he had to lay on in the storage room.  "I guess sleepin' is kinda fun."  

"From the electronics store, right? Nice to meet you!"A girl he didn't recognize, all bright and spirited, greeted him next.  He bowed to her.

"Right back 'atcha.  You seem a bit different from the lot...wonder if you got some kinda tragic story too."  He smiled.  "Kinda rude not to introduce yourself, you know?"

"Welcome to hero school hell," A girl with creepy bits moaned. "Quick PSA since I know you feed off electricity. Any bug zappers or similar objects you might find on campus are not to be drained." The girl showed off her arm. "It's for my Quirk." Takao clicked his tongue in response.

"Plenty to feed off of from the generator...no biggie.  I ain't gonna mess with anything else."

"Oh, an electric quirk? Damn, Elec-hobo doesn't sound that good, and Sparky's over done," 

"Just call me Takao, dammit.  It ain't hard.  You the moron' 'round here?" He spat at the boy.

"So, you're going to stay here?" Another student asked.

A single nod from Takao answered Midome's question.

"Actually, wait, yeah, are you like, staying here in the game room or are you, like, coming to school with us?" the previous boy added. "Like, I don't care either way, but I do wanna know if I have to knock before comin' in here."

"Nah.  I'm staying in the storage room.  If you're gonna knock, knock on that door."  

The last student got up, and sized him up, just as the shark had done before.  Takao eyed the boy with a sharp toothed grimace.

"Takao, eh? I'm Akuma." He offered a hand in greeting. "Welcome to hell, I guess. You some kind of electrical-type?"

"Akuma?  Why'd your parents do that to ya?"  Takao nodded to Akuma as well.  "Also, yeah.  With enough electricity, I can convert my whole body into the stuff...but I normally only have enough juice for my skin.  If I do it for too long, I could shock the rest of my internal organs into failure.  Kinda bad if you ask me."

bg8JhGZ.png?1fn6yL2E.png

"...do you think we get mail here?"

"Duh."  Juryo laughed.  "I bet Arai Sensei will hand it out as we get it.  Who are you expecting mail from?  Does your family still love you?"  He asked the girl.

"Ah, hell yeah, I haven't been on a patrol in months, I miss the night life," Hane said as he reached out and shook Juryo's hand. "I need to find the black market 'round here sooner than later anyways,"

"Black market, huh?"  Juryo's grin was as wide as could be, "Haven't been there in a hot minute...let's say we head down there sometime.  I could always use some extra supplies...maybe some upgrades to my costume even.  What are you in such a hurry to get there?"  As Takao garnered attention from the last of the class, he couldn't help but smile at the sight.  However, the comment from Takao about his little brother had peaked Juryo's interest a bit.  He bumped Toshiko in the side with his elbow.  "Think he needs a hero?"  He said with a sly grin.

Over at the cards table, Miyu was pouting.

"Hard pass, cheating defeats the point."

"You're no fun.  Winning is all that matters!"  Miyu threw her arms up in the air.  "Play the game!  Play the game!"  She kicked her feet on the floor, like some child who didn't get the toy they wanted.  Honestly, she was bored to tears right now.  Even watching some boring card game would be more entertaining than listening to that Takao guy.