Mr. Hyde

My Hero Academia: Shooting Stars (IC/PG-16/Co-hosted by Yui/Pending Acceptance)

"Good Morning, delinquents."  The teacher said, almost casually.  "Society's trash?  Screw ups?  Lost souls?  Problem children?  Failures?" 

"Well, ain't he a charmer? Must be his years of fighting crime that honed such fine wit," Hane whispered his joke to Kiburi. The teacher continued, soon saying something that hit closer than the Bouncer expected.

"So now that I've introduced myself, please do the same. While you do so, give us an accurate description of your Quirk. If you try to lie at all, I'll fail you automatically."  He held up a finger in the air. "Trust is the first thing a hero needs in others, and himself. That is your first lesson."

Trust, huh? Well, there were people he did trust, but they were fire forged friends, having gone through a lot together to build the bonds they had. Then the people he trusted the most betrayed him... and the system he believed to do right also sent him here for reasons he couldn't control. Although, it was giving him a chance, which he really needed.

Anyways, the teacher wanted to demonstration of their quirks, huh? Well, he figured it was probably like those prison movies. They have to show they can keep them all in line by beating the shit out of them. There was a dude that could shift the weight of things he touched... that was neat. The demonic looking girl that had some sort of chain... well, he knew someone who would have liked having that quirk. Finally, the pissy boy from earlier had a quirk called Volcano... while cool.... eh, he could take him.

"It'll have to do for now. Next!"

Hane sighed to himself as he walked up to the front, standing by the desk.

"Yo. I'm Daicon Hane. My quirk is... Hmm... how to best describe...," he tapped his chin before saying. "I'm rubber, you're glue, it bounces off me and sticks to you," he paused. "Well, that without the 'you're glue' part. I just wanted to say that rhyme,"

"Idioms don't explain things well. Why don't you try again." The teacher reprimanded. That was a good point. There was no way everyone here had a basic level of thinking, after all.

"Eh, fair enough," he said with a shrug. "I can turn my body into rubber, which makes me bouncy," he explained. "Is that better, teach?"

"Yes. Now please come at me any way you'd like."

Hane looked around the room before sighing a little. "Look, I get you wanna show you can handle us and acting up is pointless, yada yada, but like... Do I have to? It literally bouncing, it's not the most dangerous thing in the world,"

"I just want to see what you can do. Is that so wrong?" He looked at the boy with a sharp gaze. "I want to make sure I can handle you too...for my safety of course."

"Well, when ya put it like that," Hane muttered as he stretched his legs a little. "Lemme just build up a little speed then," he moved forward, jumping up on top of Keika's desk, smirking at the pissy boy before bouncing into the air, flipping around and landing on Akuma's desk, bouncing even higher, this time bouncing off the ceiling and onto Yin's desk.

"Pardon me," He jokingly tipped an imaginary hat to the girl before flying up above the window, picking up speed and rocketing off of the wall, colliding into the back wall. He then flew into the floor and ricocheted to the ceiling, going at high speeds by the time he landed in front of the teacher's feet, rushing up, his head aiming to collide with the teacher's chin.

Mr. Arai merely whipped his chin back, as the boy bounded straight towards the ceiling.  He grabbed the boys ankle as he passed with speed, and pulled it back towards the ground with force, in an attempt to reverse his momentum.

"Oh boy the ground," Hane muttered as he was pulled down back to the ground. However, he applied his quirk to his back, so instead of crashing painfully, he bounced back up. "You know, this did give me a cool idea, teach. I'd probably be a nice blunt weapon,"

"You'd make a better rope than a hammer." Mr. Arai smirked.

"Maybe. I'm not a fan of stretching though," Hane commented. "Should I... Just go back to my seat now?" The teacher nodded.

"Next."

1Fvhodx.png

Seeing some of the other students going up first, Kohaku had already gotten a feel for the introductions: say your name, describe your quirk, and attack the teacher. She perked up at the mention of using your quirk to try and land a hit on him. Despite how easily he seemed to handle some of the attempts, Kohaku couldn’t help but accept that challenge. With a deep breath, she timed it right to where she stood up and went up to the front, turning to everyone after flashing a smirk to the teacher.

"Hello to you all! My name is Kohaku Shinobu! It's a pleasure to meet you all! Even though we may not be here by choice, I'd be damned to not try my best regardless!" she bowed, almost aggressively, "As for my quirk: My mutation gives me characteristics of a bull as well as the ability to be virtually unstoppable with enough speed!" turning to the teacher, she flashed the same smirk that revealed a coy grin, "think you can stop me, teach?"

"Honestly, I'm kind of wanting to test that myself."  The teacher said as he stroked his chin.

"Alright, don't say I didn't warn ya!” Kohaku shot up a thumbs up before making some stretches, “My apologies in advance for any property damage." With that, she took some deep breaths before leaping back towards the door to create space between her and Mr. Arai. Eyeing her target, her face contorted into an expression of rage as she puffed a stream of smoke from her nostrils and her right hoof slid like that of a bull before charging, which is exactly what she did. She jutted forward into a sprint, immediately releasing an aura of force around her which caused a gust of wind to burst out in all directions. Anyone who could see the floor in front of her would notice, within a radius around her, the tile and foundation began to crack.

The path between her and her target was being cleared for impact as Mr. Arai stood firmly, eyeing her intently as he took a stance to face her head-on. As Kohaku’s momentum built and their distance from each other began to close, the immense pressure from her approach hit him like a tidal wave, causing him to take a last-second pivot to the side to dodge her entirely. A bead of sweat dripped from his brow as he watched Kohaku plow right through the space where he once stood.

At that moment, Kohaku realized that she had missed, which prompted her to instinctively make a pivot of her own. Due to the momentum, however, a wide turn was needed to start for the other direction, which just barely cleared the windows and the wall where the chalkboard was at. Once she made the turn, she made another charge, puffing out more steam from her nostrils as she made a leap for a diving spear attack from above.

"Geez, you runts sure are tenacious." The man bared large fangs once more, taking his earlier stance and waiting for the right moment.  He grabbed the girl mid-flight by the horns with precision.  He could feel an enormous strain on his arms, but his muscles bulged from beneath his suit and tie.  With a howl, the man diverted Kohaku's momentum with a fluid motion, sending her to the side and towards the ground.

Even though she didn’t miss that time, Kohaku could feel that once her horns made an impact, the force of it was easily diverted around him towards the floor behind him. With that, she knew it was hopeless as she let gravity do the honors of letting her fall and crash through it, sending bits of tile and whatever other materials were under it flying in a heap of debris. Silence followed, and Kohaku took this moment to lie there in defeat before bringing herself to her feet, dusting herself off from whatever stuff stuck to her. Luckily for her, her hide was sturdy enough from the speed of the crash to withstand the sharp pieces from piercing it and drawing blood, for which she looked at Nanami and sighed in relief. She then turned around, flashing the same grin she had before.

"Ahaha! That was slick! But don't think I've given up!"

"I look forward to it!  Maybe I'll take you seriously then!"  Mr. Arai flashed a peace sign.

Giving another thumbs-up, she glanced at the damage around her, drawing out an awkward laugh as she rubbed the back of her head, "...and yeah... again, sorry about the classroom..."

"Next!"

PL5kCw4.png

While mildly fascinated by some of the students' introductions and demonstrations, Yin couldn't help but be intimidated. Eventually, Yin had to go up there and follow suit, which she did not care for, but if she had to she will. As if the nerves weren't tense enough already, Hane's demonstration ended up literally onto her desk, causing her to squeal and reflexively whip up a barrier with her appendage.

"Pardon me," the gentlemen said, tipping a hat that he wasn't wearing. Yin blushed, averting her gaze as he bounced back towards the teacher, but really? Yin would've been more impressed if he was wearing an actual hat, but the thought was both funny and cute to her. Regardless, soon her time was running out to get her introduction out of the way. She hesitated to stand up for a moment, but soon found the courage to move forward. Turning around, she froze, but all things considered, she had no reason to be nervous even though it was just natural for her. She swallowed and took a breath.

“My name is Fu Lan Yin, but you can just call me Yin. My quirk…” she gestured to the appendage below her waist, which currently took the form of normal human legs with a metallic dark grey appearance. Without so much as a thought, a small tendril protruded out from one of her knees, “...everything from the waist down is my quirk. I can change its shape and molecular state at will…”

"Great job!” said Mr. Arai, almost out of pity for Yin’s anxiety, “now would you like to test your luck against me?"

“E-er…” Yin softly responded, nearly quivering in fear knowing how easily he managed the other students, “...do I have to?”

"It’s not completely necessary. This is just so I can get a grasp on your... ability."

“O-okay… if it helps.” Clearing her throat, she started to adjust her posture to face the teacher, immediately having the tendril from her knee jolt out towards him as the end morphed into what looked to be a mallet, which based off the smoothness and shininess of it meant it must’ve been hardened from its previous state. The teacher jumped back in surprise, as the small mallet headed for him. He went to chop at the tendril whilst trying his best to avoid the head of the mallet, but once his hand made contact, the tendril began to wrap around it, hardening into a firm hold as it began to pull him to the floor. With a sigh, Mr. Arai kneeled to the ground, his hand plummeting to the floor.

"I knew you'd be the hardest to deal with, with that quirk of yours. Fluid isn't my forte. I can't afford to let loose today, so I'll concede to you this time, Yin."

“Oh gosh, I’m so sorry!” flinching in shock, Yin immediately loosened the grip of the tendril around his hand, retracting the appendage back into the true form of the legs that she had. Even though she wanted to say something out of concern, instead she lowered her head and bashfully went back to her seat.

With another bead of sweat dripping from his brow, Mr. Arai motioned for the next student to come up.

Edited by Thar

Whatever annoying sort of lecture Nanami had been expecting was met with blunt realism. Though she met the teacher's introduction with a mix of anger and bewilderment in her gaze, something about not sugar coating anything was particularly appealing to her. She wasn't here to get fed garbage about how she could do a lot of good if she tried or she had to think positively. Arai set forth the facts of the matter pretty plainly. And then still somehow made an annoying introduction game out of it all anyway. The shark almost groaned at the idea unitl a very different emotion took hold her while watching the first few students go. They had all been invited to attack the teacher after introducing themselves and describing their quirks. The girl was now more nervous than anything as she watched the exchanges. Wasn't this guy supposed to know about their quirks? If anyone drew blood she wasn't going to be able to stop herself. At first it seemed fine, just minor scrapes. But when Kohaku got up and started tearing up the interior of the building some real nail-biting tension set in. But ture to her word, the bull's hide was tougher than all that and the two relaxed almost in unison. With another student taking her turn and actually challenging the teacher, Nanami gathered her composure and determined she may as well get things over with.

"Name's Nanami Hamasaki." she started with an overall unenthusiastic look about her. "Shark mutation quirk, bet that really blew your minds. Got an endless supply of teeth, move real quick in the water, how much we wanting here? Dunno if I care to give a whole shark anatomy lecture." Nanami said dryly as she looked to the teacher to determine if she'd passed his test of an adequate explanation void of lies.

"That'll do.  I'm sure no one wants to know if you eat license plates or not."  Mr. Arai smiled. Something about it irked Nanami. He'd been to the point before but she couldn't judge how fake the smile was right away.

"Only on bad days. But I guess you'll be wanting to waste me like the others now." came Nanami's reply, some cheekiness slipping into her voice as the interaction continued.

"Well...you all have to learn your place somehow." came Arai's even cheekier reply. Particularly poor phrasing at it happened as the not-really-into-it shark now found herself wanting to get a good bite of the man in front of her.

"Heh, can't say it doesn't cut all the bullshit." Nanami chimed back. All at once she readied herself and took off running, making sure to pick up a piece of broken tile from Kohaku's stunt earlier. This she threw at Arai's face as she made her way in, her pointed teeth ready as her jaw opened wide to sink into his neck. To her surprise, the man practically obliterated the tile piece before it hit him, turning into dust as he readied to intercept her. All at once a powerful hand clapped down both on top of her had and upward on her jaw. Her mouth was shut fast, and she narrowly avoided biting her own tongue off in the process.

"Watch your tongue." Arai said sternly. A bit of a reprimand and a pun for the situation. Nanami wasn't going to take it sitting down of course and grabbed onto one of the man's arms, attempting to pull it off. She could do little next to his impressive muscle and in frustration she began thrashing about. Arai seemed to be straining himself to keep her in place. His muscles were practically tearing his shirt and his canine teeth in his smile seemed larger than ever. But all this didn't stop him from commenting on the situation. "I've sparred with people like you before...you're just a light weight compared to Grimjaw!" he declared. Nanami had of course heard of the Hero with a shark mutation. How could she not, looking like she did? Somehow, being put down like this felt like more than saying she wasn't as good as Grimjaw. It carried the added weight of making her feel like she couldn't be a hero like Grimjaw was. This calmed the girl's thrashing as she now lifted her body up and began pressing her legs into Arai's chest, forcing the man to support her full weight. This caused additional strain and sweat at his forehead as he all at once dropped her. Nanami fell to the floor squarely on her back with a grunt but scrambled back to her feet to face Arai again.

"You're lucky you weren't one of the first ones, otherwise this would've been over much quicker."  He jeered. The more he spoke hte more he seemed to know how to piss her off. And even though no one had started bleeding Nanami looked like she was out for blood.

"Oh and I'm the lightweight huh?" she growled, upset that the fight was ending so abruptly. But all at once she remembered her situation. This wasn't a fight, not a school yard tumble with some punk who crossed her. This was just the stupid introduction thing the teacher had set up. Nanami cooled off, visibly relaxing as she stepped back. "Whatever, that enough or do you wanna take this to a pool?" she said, the wind clearly gone from her sails.

"I'll take you up on that offer, sometime.  I need to cover my weaknesses."  He laughed before signaling for the next student. Nanami returned to her seat, navigating Kohaku's debris trail to return to her side. Mad didn't quite fit the current mood. Frustration, that's what it was. With a huff she sat and awaited the ridiculous displays to come after her.

As expected, as soon as they got out of the rain, things had immediately gotten better.

The class was small, the desk was shaky, and Midome wasn't sure for how long the chair he was sitting on would have remained in one piece, but as long as it didn't break the very first day, he was fine with that. Also, the girl who patted him on the back seemed to be fine. At the very least, she wasn't acting like her hand had just been burned by acid. Midome sighed in relief.

He looked around taking note of his classmates. They didn't even reach the dozen, whoever planned this thing probably didn't want to have too many problem children gathered in one place. Or maybe they just wanted to save on the budget. Either way, that was fine for him. Less people would have made it easier to bond with them... he hoped.

It was in that moment that their teacher entered the class, presenting himself as a retired pro.

"So now that I've introduced myself, please do the same.  While you do so, give us an accurate description of your Quirk.  If you try to lie at all, I'll fail you automatically. Trust is the first thing a hero needs in others, and himself.  That is your first lesson."

Midome's eyes widened as he heard those words. Quirk demonstrations? Here? Now? By attacking the teacher?

Wh... how am I supposed to do this one?

Unveiling their quirks would have been inevitable, they were at a hero school, at least officially, after all. However, he had counted on being able to reveal his more slowly, get people used to it before going into the details. But now the teacher was saying that an inadequate explanation was basis for failure. And he had no illusions about the teacher having read about them all in advance.

"Trust" my amorphous ass, what am I supposed to do? "Hi, I'm a blob, touch me and I eat you". Sounds very trustworthy.

He waited to see the others while he racked his brain for a solution. He felt a glimmer of hope when his classmates got away with relatively broad descriptions of their powers, then sank again when the pink-haired girl got the win, and the teacher commented on being at disadvantage against quirks like that. There went the hope of just being neutralized without problems. Or maybe not, the guy was a pro hero after all. Still not very promising.

At least, even those who don't have a weird quirk make up for it by being quite vicious. Especially that red girl. If everyone's a bit of a freak then I won't stand out. Truly, this is the best possible class for me.

He felt a bit of guilt at being happy for the others problems, but hey, worked in his favor. Looking at the bright side was important, right?

As Nanami returned to her desk, Midome decided to cut it and stood up. Better now than being the last one.

"Ah, Mr. Doro. To the front if you would." The teacher seemed to be almost out of breath.

"Thanks" Midome took position and faced the class. Relax he thought. The teacher's breathing didn't gave him much confidence.

"Hello everyone, I'm Midome Doro, nice to meet you all." he greeted the class. Please don't mess this up. "I too have a mutation quirk, mine's Amoeba." to demonstrate, he pulled up a sleeve of his uniform and retreated the false skin inside. Only on the arm. The polymer creased and broke as it was pulled away and then disappeared inside Midome's sleeve, no point in showing the digestion process in live, revealing the translucid flesh under it. "Long story short, I'm basically a giant slime, but I don't give exp even if you beat me, I'm sorry."

"Well as long as you're a friendly slime." The teacher quipped, scratching his head. "I know how this might go... but how's about you show me what you can do?"

Midome turned to the teacher. He seemed satisfied with his explanation, so that was done. Now for the second part. "Sure" he answered while taking a few steps back. He wondered for a few seconds what was the better course of action. Lose on purpose? That might have not gone well with his classmates when everyone had seriously tried their best. Go for it? When almost everyone who tried hadn't succeed, and even the teacher had doubt about it... Then again, the pink haired girl had succeeded too, so it wasn't like he would have been "that one guy who didn't get humiliated". He decided to go for it. Water shifted around in his body, while the cytoskeleton slowly grew more and more in his right arm, which began to bulge. He wasn't sure if he was doing things correctly, but he hoped it looked impressive. He didn't have much experience fighting with his quirk. "Here I come" He swung against the teacher, hoping to be able to control his natural absorption.

Mr. Arai placed a hand out in front of him. "Stop!" He shouted towards the boy. He held his head in his hand, as he huffed. "I forfeit. Your quirk's rather impressive...there's no way I can deal with it."

MIdome's eyes widened as his legs tried to brake while his upper body was still swinging. With the weight unevenly distributed through his body, the momentum of his arm left him staggering forward for a couple of steps before he finally managed to halt. Bent forward at ninety degrees, putting his hands on the ground, he finally stopped.

"Well...you didn't have to apologize...I'm just bushed is all." The teacher chuckled.

"Oh, Uhm." Midome stood up and returned his arm to its normal size "So, It's fine like this?"

"Yeah. I saw your potential in that whimpy swing of yours!" The teacher flashed him a thumbs up, his nail having elongated into a fine point. "I don't need to be humiliated a second time today."

Midome smiled "Thank you". Bowing to the teacher, he then returned to his desk. Maybe he stood out a bit too much... but hey, he impressed the teacher. Things were going great but now he would have needed to see how his classmates would have seen him. With a mix of pride and worry in his heart, he sat down again.

Edited by Arkars

Stepping up to the front of the class just slowly enough to annoy someone, Akuma took up his place with the teacher and turned to face the class. Rolling his right shirt sleeve up past his elbow, he waved. "[Sup.] Legally, I'm Fujaku Maho, but everyone calls me Akuma. My Quirk is Tentacles, I make tentacles come out through my skin." As he said so, a black, oily tendril, perhaps a foot long, unfurled from his skin and curled like an octopus'.

"Grossly impressive.  Think you can outdo miss Yin?"

Akuma's lone tentacle swayed idly, retracting slowly as he stood there, slouching. "I mean, not if you can see me coming--" No sooner had he finished the word "coming" than his arm blackened and burst into a branching cluster of stabbing tendrils like a shotgun blast.

The man smirked, howling as his arms blurred into a rapid, jabbing fury, parrying each tentacle that came his way.

"[Not so fast!]" Akuma's scattered appendages made a SNAP like cracking knuckles as they changed direction, clenching like a giant fist around the teacher.

With a swift kick to the ground, Mr. Arai bolted into the air above the two.  He dug his nails into the ceiling, and hung there for a bit, smiling at the boy. 

"I won't be fooled by tentacles again so easily.  That'll do for now."

Akuma's tentacles retracted, and he flexed proudly. "[Not bad,] though, eh?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself, kid. Next!"

Akuma returned to his desk, rolling his other sleeve up and grinning ear-to-ear as he sat down.

"Good Morning, delinquents. Society's trash? Screw ups? Lost souls? Problem children? Failures?" 

kiburi.png

Something like that. Maybe even all of the above. Except for delinquent, at least.

"So now that I've introduced myself, please do the same. While you do so, give us an accurate description of your Quirk. If you try to lie at all, I'll fail you automatically. Trust is the first thing a hero needs in others, and himself. That is your first lesson."

Kiburi payed passable amounts of attention as other students stepped up to introduce themselves, one by one. This one, that one, the other one. There sure were some interesting Quirks out there. Eventually, students stopped stepping up, even though there were still a few left. Kiburi tried to sink into her desk, hoping to evade Mr. Arai's notice. Alas, to no avail. Once the teacher locked eyes with her, Kiburi kind of felt obliged to be the next one to step up to the plate. Time to show off how wonderfully amazing her own Quirk was.

Kiburi got up from her desk, swatting a cockroach off her leg as she made her way up to the front of the room. Any students watching the floor would see the few cockroaches in the room not far behind her. "Name's Kiburi. My Quirk attracts cockroaches. Wonderful, I know." Raising up her arm to show the brown shell-like husk that had grown on top of it, she continued "Also, I have some exoskeleton pieces that are virtually indestructible. The bones inside my body are like that too."

Mr. Arai seemed visibly disturbed, but tried his best to hide it.  "Unique...can't say I've seen many Insectoid Quirks in my time..."  The teacher raised a hand as if to answer a question.  "Can I test that theory out?"

"I thought I was supposed to be the one hitting you. I probably can't though, so by all means." Kiburi held the exoskeletal arm up in front of her, bracing for impact. "As hard as you can."

"Well then.  If you'd pardon me."  Mr. Arai raised his arm high into the air, and took a wide stance.  With a grunt, and wave of air pressure, he brought his hand down with a forceful chop. The strike was nothing if not powerful. Although Kiburi found herself brought to her knees by the strike, her arm - as she promised - showed no signs of having just been smacked at full force by a pro hero.

"I can also endure starvation, radiation, gunshots, and various extreme conditions."

"Impressive.  The perfect training dummy!"  He smirked.

"Sucks to have it when you wanted to work in the food industry though." Without any further display or flair, Kiburi went back to her seat, going back to half-paying attention to what the other students were capable of.

toshiko.png

I guess I go into the screw-up category? I did screw up pretty badly.

Toshiko watched as student after student introduced themselves and their Quirks. They were all so impressive in their own ways! As the number of students whittled down, it seemed about time for Toshiko to introduce herself too. Wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting too long, right? She got up, merrily made her way to the front of the class, and gave a friendly bow before introducing herself. "My name is Toshiko Yukimura. It's a pleasure to meet you all! My Quirk is... my body is super-cold!" Removing one of her gloves and pointing to the bare hand, Toshiko clarified "Anything I make skin contact with will rapidly drop in temperature. This means you should avoid touching my skin if you can help it." Pointing up to the horns on her head Toshiko added "And especially avoid my horns! They're even more potent than the rest of my body."

"Hmmmm...quite the Quirk.  I'm sure you'd like some training from yours truly to really make it effective!"  The teacher seemed a bit enthused.

"Yes, sir!" Toshiko moved to start putting the glove back on over her hand, before suddenly turning and lifting a foot up, intent on kicking Mr. Arai square in the ribs.

Mr. Arai swatted the foot with his wrist just as quickly as it had approached.  "Again."  He demanded. Toshiko brought up her other foot this time, before suddenly moving it back down and going for a sweeping kick. Mr. Arai didn't even budge, as the kick hit his leg.  However, frost started to cover his exposed leg.  He kicked her leg off, unflinching.  "This cold makes up for the impact, that's for sure."  Mr. Arai commented.  "It'd be useful in prolonged bouts."

"I see. I never thought about it that way!" Toshiko gave the teacher a thumbs-up, before actually putting her glove back on and returning to her seat. This was turning out to be a real doozy of a first day so far!

Edited by yui

"Whatever. Just try and keep that thing away from my stuff...'kay? Honestly don't feel like it getting in my way."

Yu let out a small sigh of relief as he returned to his seat, Theodore in hand. While his fellow classmate did not look like the most personable person, at least he was not actively malicious. Just as he took his seat, the silver-haired teacher began to speak.

"Good Morning, delinquents. Society's trash?  Screw ups?  Lost souls?  Problem children?  Failures?" Welcome to your first day of Hairo Academy for At Risk Youth's Course Correction Program!  I'm your teacher, Arai Oka.  I've been retired from hero work for about 5 years now, so it's good to get back into things by whipping you all into shape, and molding you into proper heroes!"

As the teacher started to give targeted looks at some of the students, Yu could not help but wonder what category he would be in.

“The government men told me that the school was for problem children with Quirks...am I one of them? Am I a criminal?” Yu thought worriedly as the teacher continued his speech.

"In all seriousness, this is your last chance to avoid a jail sentence.  There's only so much I can do for all of you, so please don't give me any trouble. I have the authority to send any of you away for any reason, so please give it your all."  

Arai-sensei words did not bring any comfort to Yu, who clutched his bear instinctively. He had asked those government men what would happen if he did not succeed at the school, but they refused to answer. Would it be jail if he was unable to control his Quirk? As Yu ruminated over the dreadful implications of failing, Theodore’s growing agitation brought him back to the classroom. He turned his attention to the first student going up, hoping to get his mind off of these dark implications.

The first student, Isobe, came up to the class in rough and dramatic fashion, confronting Arai-sensei over some perceived slight. Once he calmed down, he gave a begrudging, but otherwise typical, introduction.

“At least this is somewhat normal...I guess?”

"Now if you'd please, try to hit me with everything you've got."

Yu was flabbergasted when he heard Arai-sensei ask to be attacked at full force. He then almost fell out of his seat when Isobe obliged this request for violence, using his Quirk to effortlessly swing a desk at the grizzled teacher.

“We have to demonstrate our Quirks like this?!”

The thought of letting his Quirk run wild in class was unthinkable. Does the teacher not know about his Quirk or what happens if it runs wild? Could this be a set up for his failure? Yu started to quietly chant the Lotus Sutra to himself as he tried to keep himself calm as each student came up to demonstrate their abilities.

"Maybe next time!"

"We'll see!  Next!"  

“Hopefully that’ll suffice, teach.”

"It'll have to do for now. Next!"

"Should I... Just go back to my seat now?"

"Next."

"...and yeah... again, sorry about the classroom..."

"Next!"

Each time Arai-sensei shouted “Next”, the word seemed to echo in Yu’s mind. Before he knew it, he realized the current lull in students coming to the front of the class was because he was the final student remaining. Attempting to swallow his nervousness, he got up from his seat clutching Theodore and walked up to the front wearing a sheepish smile.

“Hello. My name is Minami Yu. It is nice to meet you all,” Yu said, his voice trembling slightly as he gently put Theodore on the floor, allowing him to slowly patrol in front of him, “My Quirk...I named it Guardian Angel...It makes objects like Theodore here come alive and protect me...I am hoping that this school will be able to help me learn how to control it properly, because if I have strong negative feelings, I lose control of it, and it could hurt a lot of people.”

"I've read up on your Quirk, and I'm excited to see if I can hold my own against it!" Arai-sensei said taking a steady stance, ready to receive a strike.

Yu blankly stared at the teacher for a moment, petrified by what he would need to say that might get him expelled.

"I'm very sorry sensei, but I cannot demonstrate my Quirk for the safety of the class"

"Oh?  Do you not think I'm capable of protecting them?"

"N-no, but…" Yu stammered as Theodore turned menacingly towards the teacher. It held out one of its tiny paw upwards, causing the whole room to vibrate. The observant would notice that small, unattended items started falling from their places and rolled towards it.

"Hm?  This is Theodore's work?"  The teacher raised an eyebrow.

"Yes sensei. If he becomes active, he will draw more objects from around him, making him more powerful, but harder for me to control. Please excuse me sensei, I don't want to hurt anyone!"

"Well if you ask me, I'm not afraid of Theodore...and I doubt the rest of the class is either."

Yu took a few steps back in fear when he turned to see that Theodore had turned himself into a golem made of textbooks and unattended stationary standing 7 feet tall. He barely had enough time to get out of the way as the golem rushed towards the teacher with a furious right hook. Arai blocked the strike, the force of the impact reverberating through the room. Before he could strike back, he had to jump to avoid his desk hurtling towards him from behind. In the same movement, he kicked the desk towards Theodore, causing it to hit him squarely in the chest.

Yu was awed by his teacher's skill, but the strain of testing all of his classmates before him must be taking its toll. Yu closed his eyes and slowed his breath, trying to push the fear from his mind and end the fight there.

The golem, still reeling from the impact, appeared to lose its cohesion for a moment. However, it would only take a few seconds for Theodore to reform, now wearing the damaged desk as a chestpiece. With a wave of its arm, stray floor tiles darted towards Arai before rushing towards him in an attempt to envelop him.

Arai, already seeing this trick, struck the tiles as they came towards him, turning them into dust as they crumbled upon his fists. Right before the golem could wrap its arms around him, he grabbed its shoulders first, grabbing a pair of textbooks and vaulting over it, landing gracefully behind Yu.

"Theodore's pretty capable," Arai said bemusedly as he ruffled Yu's hair with his callused hand, "But if you'd please, get him under control now."

Yu looked towards Theodore, who turned back to face the two, clearly ready to continue fighting. Yu knew that he would need to physically intervene before Theodore could do any more damage. As Theodore started to charge towards Arai once again, Yu ran headlong into the swirling mass of school supplies. At the last moment, he dove into its centre with a desperate cry.

Landing on his back, Yu opened his eyes to see the squirming bear between his arms. As he looked towards his teacher, he saw that all of the items Theodore had appropriated were now haphazardly thrown all over the room, leaving the room in an even greater mess than it was before. Yu braced for a reprimand for destroying the classroom, but all he got from him was a relieved sigh and a pat on the back as he returned to the front of the class.

"Well, good thing he listens to you, huh?"

All Yu could think to do in response was give another sheepish laugh as he returned to his desk, now covered in what remained of a textbook.

Edited by Otaku-sama
Formatting

x0eOz9T.jpg?1

As Yu sat down, Mr. Arai crossed his arms.  He nodded to himself, as he seemed to mull over everyone's performance all at once.  He mumbled, as his head was lazily thrown around in haphazard angles.  He did this for some time, all the while scratching his chin and tapping his foot.  After a couple of minutes of his contemplation, his head stood straight and his eyes widened.

"You're all simply pathetic!"  He shouted, his fangs chewing at the air between them.  He almost seemed to be growling.  "I've seen better quirk displays at a kindergarten!  Seriously, you all lacked the ferocity of a true hero!"  He slammed his foot into the ground, crumbling the infrastructure a little more.  "The only one who was even worth an Iota of my attention was miss Kohaku!  And even then, that was pathetic!  If this were the real deal, and I were a villain, none of you would have stood a chance!"  A vein started to swell on his head, as he kept barking.  "ARGH!"  Mr. Arai cradled his head into his hands, as his body started to shake.  He wrestled with himself for a few moments, as if something was trying to escape from within his chest.  Slamming a fist into the desk, and splintering it in half, the man was finally able to stand upright.  He gasped for air, as he turned to the students.

"I'm sorry..."  Mr. Arai spoke softly.  "I didn't truly mean that.  All of your quirks are wonderful, and you did great against me.  Now before we go on break, let me explain some things."  Mr. Arai leaned against the chalkboard, his breathing still heavy.  "If you haven't been told already, from this day forward you will be living in the campus dorms.  In those dorms, you will be closely monitored, twenty-four seven.  There are cameras in every nook and cranny on school grounds.  This ensures that you are behaving within the rules and regulations that the Hero Administration has placed here."  He took another deep breath before continuing.  "Now, we don't have many dorm rooms in our single building, so you will have to find one roommate that you would like to bunk with.  Boys will live on the top floor while the girls live on the bottom, and neither will be allowed in the other's area."  His gaze turned sharp.  "If at any time that rule is broken, I will have no problems sending you to the deepest level of hell I can find."  He stumbled up to his feet, as he made his way to the door, hoisting himself up on the side.  "Break starts now, so I suggest you find a roommate before I assign you one...while I'm gone, I'll have our resident engineer come fix the room."  Mr. Arai shambled out the door, and down the hallway into the faculty room.  A few moments later, a lady wandered into the room.  

Her expression was almost in shock, as she saw that the room was in total disarray.  Her fist balled, and started to shake, as she slammed it into the door, breaking it.

"That....mangy...rotten...good for nothin'!"  The lady's hands started to glow a bright green light, as the door she had just busted began to reassemble itself.  She walked into the room, towards the crater that Kohaku had made, and placed her hands on it.  All the pieces of rubble that had been scattered throughout the room slowly started to gather back into the hole, as the girl concentrated.  She seemed to ignore that the students were even there.  

dF8FFBg.jpg

"A roommate, huh?"  Miyu thought to herself, pursing her lips together in thought.  She looked around the room, seeing who would be the most fun to have in a room together.  It was a shame she couldn't bunk with a boy, but she might've killed them before the first night was over anyway.  The thought made her giggle.  Miyu scanned the room some more, with a definite top 3 in mind.  Shark Girl, Ram Girl, and Tenta Girl.  The last on her mind seemed like it would be the most fun!  Torturing such a strong girl, that's what High School was all about!  Molding her into a sidekick would also prove invaluable. Ignoring the woman who had come in to fix up the room, Miyu got up from her seat and skipped to her third choice.  She stopped and bent over, placing her hands on the girls desk.  With a sweet smile, and knocking her head to the side, Miyu spoke.

"You're Lin, right?!"  She accidentally mixed her two names together in her excitement.  "Sorry!  I mean Yin, right!?  Your quirk is sooooooo cool, and you really stuck it to that lame teacher!"  She got closer to the girl, the enthusiasm dripping from her tongue.  "So, like, do you wanna be my roomie!?  I think it'd be so fun if we could hang out together!  And sleep together!"  Her eyelashes dropped lower, as she spoke in a lower tone.  "And don't forget about bathing together..."

bg8JhGZ.png?1

Blushing as he heard the conversation from that devil, Juryo couldn't help but wonder what was up with that teacher's behavior.  As a matter of fact, that guy hadn't even told them his Hero name, or his quirk.  Was it a strength enhancing Quirk, or would it be a dead giveaway if he revealed it that he wasn't a hero?  He couldn't help but find it all to be a little suspicious.  Regardless, the man was capable and strong.  If Juryo could learn anything about becoming a real hero, and avoiding jail time, he wouldn't worry too much about it for the time being.  Instead, Juryo kicked his legs up on his desk.  The lady that had come in to clean the place up had a pretty interesting quirk, so he watched her work for the time being.  

None of the guys interested him enough to go out of his way and pick as a roommate.  Instead, he leaned over to talk to Toshiko again.  

"Hey, I doubt any of the girls wanna room with you on account of the cold.  Why don't you try rooming with that demon instead, and teach her a lesson for me."  He said, a dastardly smile painted on his face.  

Hane sighed to himself as he flopped back into his seat, watching the rest of the students go up. Everyone had some pretty good quirks, dare he say amazing ones, but there were two in particular that stood out to him.

"Name's Kiburi. My Quirk attracts cockroaches. Wonderful, I know. Also, I have some exoskeleton pieces that are virtually indestructible. The bones inside my body are like that too." Now, she had already told him that, but there was something she said at the end of her demonstration that caught his attention. "Sucks to have it when you wanted to work in the food industry though." There was a story behind that, but what it was, he wasn't sure he wanted to guess at. Still, it was obvious her quirk isolated her... well, he was a hero, no matter what label was thrown at him, and someone needed him, even if they didn't know it themselves.

The other one was Yu. “My Quirk...I named it Guardian Angel...It makes objects like Theodore here come alive and protect me...I am hoping that this school will be able to help me learn how to control it properly, because if I have strong negative feelings, I lose control of it, and it could hurt a lot of people.” Someone thought it was a good idea to send someone that held a teddy bear like a kid and had a quirk strongly impacted by emotions to a school where literally anyone could be a bully. Wow... Hero society at it again. Great job, all of them. There was really only one thing to do in this case.

"You're all simply pathetic!" Looks like good ol' teach was having a bit of a breakdown there. "I've seen better quirk displays at a kindergarten! Seriously, you all lacked the ferocity of a true hero!" He slammed his foot into the ground, crumbling the infrastructure a little more. "The only one who was even worth an Iota of my attention was miss Kohaku! And even then, that was pathetic!" Would it be bad to call her the teacher's pet then? "If this were the real deal, and I were a villain, none of you would have stood a chance!"

"I mean, if this was the real deal, I'd taken you seriously," Hane muttered under his breath. Still, there was an iota of truth there he didn't want to admit. His quirk was rather simple and straight forward, and while he was getting more creative with how to use it, he wasn't the best at one on one combat. He was best on a team... his team...

"I'm sorry..." Mr. Arai suddenly switched personalities or something. It almost gave the boy whiplash. "I didn't truly mean that. All of your quirks are wonderful, and you did great against me. Now before we go on break, let me explain some things." Mr. Arai leaned against the chalkboard, his breathing still heavy. "If you haven't been told already, from this day forward you will be living in the campus dorms. In those dorms, you will be closely monitored, twenty-four seven," Obviously, there was good reason to why this was the way it was, but frankly, that was really creepy. Hope they don't have some perverts watching them all. "Break starts now, so I suggest you find a roommate before I assign you one...while I'm gone, I'll have our resident engineer come fix the room."

When Mr. Arai left, Hane sighed and shrugged before turning to Kiburi. "Well, guess we can't bunk up. Too bad," He reached back, cracking his neck a little before continuing. "So... you wanna hang out later?" He looked out the window, seeing the rain was still pouring down. "We can get some take out, play cards or somethin' like that," No matter what answer he received, he'd stand up, bouncing on his toes. "Alright then. Anyways, Imma snag me a roommate. Be right back," With that, he ran at the corner of the wall right behind Kiburi, leaping at it and turning around, his rubbery back colliding with the wall and sending him flying across the classroom towards the window seats. With a fancy front flip, the rubber man landed on the ground, raising his hands into the air like he had just performed a trick at the circus.

"Tada!" he said jokingly before he scanned the seats, finding his target quickly. He walked over Yu, stopping by his desk with a wide smile. "Yo," He greeted, giving the boy a small two fingered salute. "Minami-san, right? You wanna bunk with me?"

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

Keika sat there, getting a good demonstration of the other student's Quirks. A good portion of them, he honestly wondered how in the world they'd be classified as just outright dangerous, with the exception of a few. These other Quirks just seemed like the run of the mill, cool heroic stuff...the kind he honestly was envious of. He bit his lip slightly as he watched the last student, the one with the teddy bear, sit down.

"You're all simply pathetic! I've seen better quirk displays at a kindergarten!  Seriously, you all lacked the ferocity of a true hero! The only one who was even worth an Iota of my attention was miss Kohaku!  And even then, that was pathetic!  If this were the real deal, and I were a villain, none of you would have stood a chance!"

...well first off, if you had us in some other location than a damn classroom, we probably could do something major. Keika thought, rolling his eyes slightly. Secondly...if you think you could do better, then by all means, do it. And bullshit the goat girl was the only one...said otherwise when I struck at you. That really pissed him off, but he wasn't sure why. Was he just upset at Arai for thinking he wasn't good enough with his Quirk or was it more or less just him hating the fact that he was getting lectured again. Cause if it was the former, why would he care? He hated his Quirk with a passion, so why did he care?

"I'm sorry...I didn't truly mean that. All of your quirks are wonderful, and you did great against me. Now before we go on break, let me explain some things. If you haven't been told already, from this day forward you will be living in the campus dorms. In those dorms, you will be closely monitored, twenty-four seven. There are cameras in every nook and cranny on school grounds. This ensures that you are behaving within the rules and regulations that the Hero Administration has placed here."

...Bipolar, much? he thought, watching the teacher head out of the room after telling them that they would have to find themselves a roommate. Oh what joy, a roommate! Needless to say, Keika was none too plused about this whole thing. At the same time, who honestly would be a good match for him to bunk with?

Bounce Boy? Fat chance...I'd rather freeze my ass off in the tundra! Keika thought, throwing his hands behind his head, closing his eyes as he went through the list. Plant Boy with the teddy bear? Hard pass, seems like he has a thing for plants...and with me being the way I am, that might jeopardize his things. Slime Guy...just no. Major pass on Hentai Tentacles over there, just a huge fat no.

That only left one option up in the air. Opening his eyes, Keika slowly turned his head in the direction of Juryo, Weight Boy...or Libra, he wasn't sure what little nickname to give the guy. With a shrug and a sigh, Keika got up and made his way towards Juryo. Once near the desk, he cleared his throat a bit. "Yo, Juryo was it? Care to be roommates? Honestly, none of the other guys seem like the kind I want to hang with."

kiburi.png

"Well, guess we can't bunk up. Too bad.  So... you wanna hang out later?"

"What?"

"We can get some take out, play cards or somethin' like that."

Kiburi found herself taken aback. He seemed pretty genuine in what he was saying. He actually wanted to hang out? That was... well, a lot of things. The first one Kiburi thought of was "absolutely ridiculous." It took a bit for her to register the facts. Hane wanted to hang out. He wasn't pulling her leg, or at least, he had no reason to. He even offered up ideas of what to do. Getting some food sounded good. Kiburi could go for months without eating if she had to, but that didn't mean she wanted to. Surely there was a place affordable enough around here.

"...sure. That, actually that sounds nice."

The question then became what to do. Kiburi thought about it some, and she was ready to share her ideas. But, by the time she'd thought of something, Hane was already off, socializing with other classmates in search of a roommate. She could just talk to him later, right? For now, Kiburi was met with another girl at her desk. The girl was... Yin. That was her name. The one with the liquid lower half.

"If you're looking for a roommate, I'm not against it," Kiburi answered in advance.

toshiko.png

"Hey, I doubt any of the girls wanna room with you on account of the cold.  Why don't you try rooming with that demon instead, and teach her a lesson for me."

"I told you, it's only cold if I make skin contact." Still, it wasn't like Toshiko could just avoid getting a roommate entirely. Limited space and all that. Combined with the fairly small classroom, there weren't many roomie candidates anyway. Bunking up with Miyu seemed as fine an option as any, right? Plus, it looked like Miyu's first attempt at getting a roommate had ended in what seemed like rejection. Ouch. "But I can at least keep an eye on her." Toshiko got up from her seat, and merrily made her way over to where Miyu was. Besides, there was something that had interested Toshiko this whole time about her.

"Hey there. I'd like to share a room with you if you don't have anyone else in mind. Us horned girls gotta watch out for each other, right?"

Edited by yui

PL5kCw4.png

Still flustered about her own demonstration and humiliating Mr. Arai in front of the class, Yin slouched in her seat, eyes averted from anyone else’s which may have strayed in her direction. She caught one of them in particular in her peripherals, instinctively tensing up only slightly as to not make it obvious. The demon girl, Miyu, got up from her seat to approach Yin, bending over right next to her.

“You’re Lin, right?! Sorry! I mean Yin, right!?  Your quirk is sooooooo cool, and you really stuck it to that lame teacher! So, like, do you wanna be my roomie!? I think it'd be so fun if we could hang out together! And sleep together! And don't forget about bathing together..."

As if Yin wasn’t already flustered enough, hearing Miyu ask that straight-up turned her entire face red.

“W-what?!” she shockingly responded. “Take a… bath? With another person… with another GIRL!?” Once again, her eyes averted Miyu’s devlish gaze, contemplating the suggestion. “...is that even legal?”

"Legal?!" Miyus fingers covered her mouth, as the girl giggled. "Yeah it's legal! But I can turn that around in a second if you're not careful around the horns." She winked.

“A-around your… oh dear.” Keeping out of eye contact, Yin contemplated further as her cheeks flushed even more, practically letting out smoke from her ears. She took a moment to shake off the thought as she swore she thought this girl was putting dirty thoughts into her mind like it was another part of her quirk. "I-I don't know about this. I just wanna make friends that I can talk to and that just seems... too much."

"I'm just teasing, Yin!" Miyu snickered with a warm smile. "With that attitude, I couldn't help it!  You're so cute!  I just wanna be your friend too!"

“Y-you wanna be my friend?!” Yin perked up for only a second before sombering back down, realizing what she might be getting herself into. “...or do you just… wanna keep teasing me?” Her bashful expression turned to that of mellow innocence.

"How about this!"  Miyu placed a fist on her hip, and put three fingers out on her other hand.  "three-fourths friends,"  Two of her fingers went down, leaving a singular digit, "and a quarter teasing!"

Yin couldn’t escape it with this girl. With a flustered yet slightly frustrated sigh, her gaze looked past Miyu’s fiendish influence towards the roach girl, Kiburi, who seemed to be indifferent and isolated. With that, she stood up from her chair, looking back down at Miyu, "I... really don't want any teasing, so maybe it's for the best..." As she spoke, her legs began to quiver slightly, giving off the impression towards Miyu that, if Yin’s appendage was a cat, it’d be arching its back and hissing at this demon girl who was only trying to take advantage of this innocent princess.

Miyu looked at the girl, her face frozen with the same smile from before.

"Oh..." Miyu stood up straight, her face turning from pure glee to stonewalled. "Well...I" The girl stepped away from Yin's desk. "Excuse me." She said before walking out of the room. Yin sighed again, this time with relief but also a slight hint of guilt as she may have actually hurt this girl’s feelings. Nonetheless, she drew her attention back towards Kiburi, who was already talking to that rubber boy that nearly crashed into Yin earlier. Timing her approach for when Hane left, she made her way towards her, the request ready to be asked right away.

“W-”

"If you're looking for a roommate, I'm not against it," Kiburi’s eyes were already in contact with Yin’s before she realized it.

“O-oh!” Yin stood bewildered, not prepared to get an answer before she even asked. Taking in the moment, she stood there trying to come up with a follow-up, “O-okay, that was a pretty quick answer, but-” without realizing it albeit being aware of Kiburi’s quirk, a few stray roaches on the desk next to her skittered in her direction. She screeched, instinctively forming a spike from one of her legs to impale the critter like a kebab and immediately flicking it off onto the floor.

“Oh my gosh, I’m so sorry!” Yin immediately said with a look of guilt, “A-are these guys your friends? I didn’t kill one of your friends, did I?” Feeling awkward, she retracted the spike back into her leg, turning back towards Kiburi, "...but yes, that would be nice. You seem to be the only one that wouldn't... try to do stuff to me in my sleep, though..." her eyes drifted to the side, keeping tabs on another roach that seemed to be eyeing her back, "...as long as one of your... followers... stays out of my bed, I'm sure it should be fine..."

Edited by Thar

Following what Akuma figured a stroke must look like on the teacher's part, he was faced with a dilemma. Choose a roommate or be assigned one? He half expected the teacher to assign roommates anyways-- just to be a jerk, if nothing else. Still, if that wasn't the case, he didn't want to be assigned to someone he didn't like.

Deciding on three preferences off the top of his head, he settled on Keika, Juryo and Yu. Making friends with either of the first two would be a good idea, on account of their obvious strength. Yu, on the other hand, seemed meek and would probably be a total pushover.

Deciding against the latter, he strolled over to Keika and Juryo, who looked like they'd begun talking.

"[Yo.] Juryo, right? And you're Keika." He smiled, folding his arms and leaning against Juryo's desk. "You guys did some pretty cool stuff with your Quirks up there. [Very nice.]"

Nanami's frustration was only building as the parade of introductions and tests with Arai continued. She knew she could have done something to him. This was just a bad environment for it. She wasn't a light weight, he was underestimating her. So apparently was the stewing in her own thoughts that Kohaku who sat nearby was visibly hesitant to speak to her but seemed like she wanted to. Eventually the bull made up her mind and put a hand on the shark girl's desk.

"Hey, don't worry about it. I mean, how else would he be able to handle a whole class of us? Also, it's only the first day." Kohaku offered some comfort with a casual smile. Nanami understood the intent, really she did. But it didn't help her feel any better about the situation. And so she mostly shrugged it off.

"It's whatever. I'm fine." a classic line she offered in response. Which of course meant she wasn't fine, everyone knew that. But the point of the matter was Nanami refused to really communicate about it for a good while. Eventually the introductions concluded, but names and quirks alike were going to slip Nanami's mind as she hadn't been paying the best of attention. This changed somewhat as Arai began to address them again. Of course she'd only wish she could have been paying even less attention as the man began to go on and call them pathetic, stating only Kohaku was even much of a challenge to him. Was he honestly so disappointed a bunch like them, risks to the public, weren't up to the task of defeating him? Did he really believe any of them would come out of this as heroes? In the height of his passion he seemed distraught before taking on a more polite tone, apologizing for his words and going on to explain the rooming situation. Nanami had been informed she'd be living here during the school year, but the people who had offered her the deal had neglected to mention the constant surveillance. Something she should have expected but nonetheless bothered her a touch. More pressing was the matter of deciding roommates before Arai returned during their break. Eventually Nanami would tire of her own funk and let out a mixture of a sigh and groan before turning to Kohaku.

"Roommates huh? It's like they're begging us to fight each other." the shark scoffed, thinking of how readily putting two problem children into the same small space would create conflict. Kohaku chuckled as she looked around with a mutually understanding expression.

"You're tellin' me. i suppose that's part of the purpose of this class, wouldn't you say? Building bonds, earning trust, and all that?" she said as she turned back toward Nanami's direction. "I don't suppose you have anyone in mind? Cause i figured i'd ask you first, considering you're right next to me. That cool with you?" she offered with a brow-raising smirk, "After all, i doubt anyone else here could take you". Whether intentional or not, Nanami couldn't help but register the last statement as a compliment. Kohaku was right. None of these other kids could take her. It brought a more peaceful and natural energy back to her mood to think about it.

"Heh, you weren't kidding with the tough hide talk earlier. Hell, why not? Wouldn't want a roommate who gets a paper cut and ends up with a set of teeth in their neck." the shark girl replied, not giving it very much thought. Aside from being the smartest choice, Kohaku seemed to be on the end of less likely to annoy her among the other female students. So really, there wasn't all that much to think about.

"Haha! Straight for the neck, huh? Well that's great! Let's see how long our room lasts, hehehe!" Kohaku replied joyfully. She was clearly pleased with the outcome, and the energy was somewhat infectious all things considered. Nanami finally properly smiled too, showing off a row of her ever dangerously sharp teeth.

"Yeah, forgot about that. Wonder what the school's got in the way of invincible storage containers. Doubt dear old mom has the cash to get me any cutting edge science shit." Nanami replied, thinking of how she was ever going to keep her possession in one piece with this particular choice of roommate. Either Kohaku was joking with her or she didn't realize what she meant.

"Dunno, but whatcha need those for anyhow?" the bull asked with a shrug.

"I don't want my stuff ending up like-" Nanami motioned toward Kohaku's impact from earlier. However, most of the damage had been repaired by the quirk the woman who had come in after Arai had left possessed. Sort of embarrassing when the visual was needed for a point. "Huh, guess that works too." the shark finished her thought which only elicited a snort from Kohaku's part.

"Hehe, well, as long as you don't give me a reason to run, that shouldn't be a problem. But if you insist on that, it's best we do it outside. But that should be obvious."  she replied. By this point Nanami was fully wrapped up in the joke of the situation.

"Yeah no problem. I'll get ya somewhere without all the cameras. Let you wreck the city's stuff instead." the shark teased, well aware that was likely to get them both arrested. But to this thought Kohaku perked up, eyeing Nanami curiously.

"No cameras, huh? Now we're talkin'" she said before laying back on her chair with a long sigh of relief. "Well, Nanami, I'm glad we met. This'll be quite the interesting couple of years."

"Heh, thanks for the vote of confidence I'll last that long Kohaku." Nanami replied. At least not everything in this first day was going to be awful. Though her gut told her when Arai returned the mood would quickly shift for the worse again.

The rather... aggressive rant from the teacher had turned into an encouraging apology all of a sudden. The shift had been so sudden that Midome switched from questionig what exactly he did wrong, since Mr. Arai had seemed pretty satisfied with his performance before, to question what was up with the teacher.

Eh, "retired" pro hero right? If those mood swings are the norm for him...

Midome smirked a bit

Like teacher like students? It seems that we're not the only problem children here.

His amusement on such information was interrupted by the very basic realization that the guy was still their homeroom teacher. He stopped smirking when he realized what that would have meant for his school career.

He kicked the leg of the desk in frustration. Even if that was off its mark and that was just an oddity of the teacher, the idea of having his future prospects in such unstable hands worried him to say the least.

Whatever, I'm not good enough to play with half-baked assumptions against a teacher anyway.

He just hoped that Mr. Arai's rage outbursts wouldn't have been an obstacle in learning to control his quirk. On that, at least, the teacher seemed he would've been invested.

Now then, dorm mates, right?

That was important. Even assuming there would've been the possibility to change roommate, which was not a given from what he had seen so far, bunking with someone he could get along at the start would've been rather...crucial, if he hoped to make it nicely to the end of the year.

The girls seemed to have already started to group up. For the boys instead...

He eyed the shy kid. Quirk excepted, he was probably the least likely to give problems. Speaking of which, he should've gathered back his scattered stuff before something went missing. Still, that fact also meant that if there was someone who would've have ended up picked on, the boy felt like the prime candidate. Again, quirk excepted. Swallowing down the guilt, he told himself that the bouncing guy seemed to have taken already interest in him anyway, and he turned back towards the two seated behind him, and the one that had just approached the one nearest to him. In order of distance, delinquent, annoyed delinquent and more delinquent. Or at the very least none of them seemed to have joined the course with the hope of becoming a beacon of law as their life goal... then again, who was Midome to judge? Not unlike how Akuma had done, he approached Juryo's desk.

Confident air. And pretend really hard you know perfectly what you're doing.

"Yo, Juryo was it? Care to be roommates? Honestly, none of the other guys seem like the kind I want to hang with."

"Juryo, right? And you're Keika. You guys did some pretty cool stuff with your Quirks up there."

And before they decide on their own

"So, assuming that we're the only four left" he pointed towards Yu and Hane "How do we split?"

Maybe this way we can see a bit better how we would be as roommates. And hopefully, I'll manage to get a good one.

Edited by Arkars

Yu sighed in relief as he took his seat, slumping into it as Theodore slowed his desperate squirming in his arms. His mind was racing from his experience mere moments ago. For the first time, he had used his Quirk without a team of government men ready to kill him if he tried to hurt anyone. The freedom was terrifying, but for that brief minute it was as if a weight was lifted off his chest, allowing him to breathe deeply for the very first time. Was this what temptation felt like? Before he could dwell on the thought, he was startled by Arai-sensei’s shouting.

"You're all simply pathetic! I've seen better quirk displays at a kindergarten!  Seriously, you all lacked the ferocity of a true hero! The only one who was even worth an Iota of my attention was Miss Kohaku!  And even then, that was pathetic!  If this were the real deal, and I were a villain, none of you would have stood a chance!"

This sudden outburst troubled Yu, squirmed uncomfortably as he sat straight up in his seat.

“How can Arai-sensei teach me how to control Theodore if he can’t even control his own Quirk?” Yu thought as Arai-sensei attempted to backtrack his harsh criticism of the class. He swiveled his head to see the reactions of his classmates, seeing that most of them being rather dismissive of the whole ordeal.

“Is this normal for delinquents to be yelled at like this?”

As Arai-sensei announced that all students would be moving into the school itself, Yu was excited by the idea of dormitories, reminding him of some of his most cherished childhood stories he had read.

“I hope that my roommate won’t be a bully to me,” Yu thought as he surveyed the room, looking for potential candidates. Before he could consider all of his options, one of them presented itself to him.

"Yo, Minami-san, right? You wanna bunk with me?"

Yu jumped slightly with the red-haired boy’s sudden appearance, then flushing red when he realised how silly he was being.

“Eehhh yea! Hane-san! Sure, we can be roommates!” he stammered out, “For sure! Uhhh, hopefully you’re ok with that even though my Quirk is dangerous!”

dF8FFBg.jpg

She was...rejected!?  This was unbelievable!  Wasn't she nice?  Didn't she do everything right that she saw in all those magazines?  She was behaving like a normal girl, right?  Then why did Yin say no to her?  The question kept bouncing around in her head.  On the outside, she remained cool, but inside she was panicking.  She was about to step out of the classroom, before she heard a voice next to her.  

"Hey there. I'd like to share a room with you if you don't have anyone else in mind. Us horned girls gotta watch out for each other, right?"

Miyu stopped in her tracks, and shot her face opposite of Toshiko.  She wiped her eyes clear of any visible tears, and turned back to the girl with a smile.  Her eyes automatically were directed towards the girls horns.  

"There sure are lots of us in this class huh?  Horny gals, I mean!"  She placed a hand over her mouth, as if not expecting to make such a remark on purpose.  "Oops!"  Miyu giggled.  "You're Toshiko, right?  It might be a little cliche with a red oni and a blue oni rooming together, don't you think?"  Miyu shot a hand out.  "I'll gladly be your roomie, Toshi!  As long as you promise to be my friend!"  Her hand flinched back a little.  "Oh right...you freeze people right?"  Chain rattling could be heard, as metal links poured out of Miyu's wrist.  With a mind of their own, they wrapped around Miyu's hand like a tight glove.  Then, with a little concentration pouring out from her eyes, the girl lit the chains on fire.  "We can shake hands like this, right?"  She said, tilting her head to the side.  

bg8JhGZ.png?1

The sound of chains rattling in the room sent a shiver down Juryo's spine, enough for him to almost fall out of his chair completely.  He looked around, and saw Toshiko conversing with Miyu.  The red girl's hand was on fire now, prompting him to clutch himself to stop the shivering.  The bruise on his head started to flare up as well, as if it was getting ready to defend itself.  

"Yo, Juryo was it? Care to be roommates? Honestly, none of the other guys seem like the kind I want to hang with."

"[Yo.] Juryo, right? And you're Keika.  You guys did some pretty cool stuff with your Quirks up there. [Very nice.]"

Since when did he become so popular?  All these guys were starting to huddle around his desk, as if he wanted them too or something.  With an aggravated spit to the side, Juryo stuck his pinkie in his ear.  Trying to grind the wax out, he looked at the other two guys...make it three now.  

"So, assuming that we're the only four left, how do we split?"

"Geez.  Who cares.  I don't even remember your guys' names."  He was only half joking there.  Juryo stood up, to match each of them.  "I say we play a little rock, paper, scissors.  Losers room with losers.  Winners room with Winners."  He hunched over, with a sly smile on his face.  "That's how this hero industry works, right?  Get a little lucky, and you room with the best."  Juryo put his fist out, waiting for the others to join in.  "That is...unless you all got a better idea or somethin'."  

toshiko.png

"There sure are lots of us in this class huh?  Horny gals, I mean!"

Eh? Horny? Don't you mean--

"Oops!  You're Toshiko, right?  It might be a little cliche with a red oni and a blue oni rooming together, don't you think?  I'll gladly be your roomie, Toshi!  As long as you promise to be my friend!"

What a bargain! Toshiko had not only secured herself a roommate, but a second friend just on the first day of school! How could she possibly pass this up? "It's a deal!" And then, Miyu's hand flinched away from her own as Toshiko reached out to accept the handshake. Was it because of her Quirk? Even with the gloves on, Toshiko could understand someone being hesitant at first to make contact with her at all. She'd met people like that before.

"We can shake hands like this, right?"

Miyu had fashioned up a glove of her own, out of fiery chains. Now, Toshiko wasn't a stupid enough girl to just stick her hand into fire, but she remembered what everyone's Quirks did. And Miyu's fire only burned if you had a guilty conscience! Again, Toshiko wasn't stupid enough to just stick her hand into fire. Saying a guilty conscience is a condition doesn't help me not remember what I've got one for. Maybe if I don't think about it, though? It was worth a shot. Toshiko shoved those guilty thoughts aside, thinking instead of the bright future she'd have here at Hairo Academy for At Risk Youth! Yes, friends, adventure, training, and it would all start with this handsha--

"OUCH!!" No sooner than the girls' hands met did Toshiko immediately pull her own out of the flames. That wouldn't leave a mark, would it? "Um... if you're worried about if I might freeze your hand through the gloves, it won't. The worst you'd get is noting 'oh, her glove is kinda cold to the touch' when you shake my hand, so, uh... could you put away the fire perhaps?"

"Hehe!"  The girl said, as the chain receded back into her wrist.  "Well, I just wanted to see for myself is all!"  She poked her cheek inward with a finger.  "I guess we've all got somethin' eating at us, huh?"  Miyu stuck her hand out once more.

"Y-Yeah, I guess so." As Toshiko shook the now fire-free hand, a thought passed her mind while her hand worked its way back down to its usual frigid temperature. "Wait, all of us? Does that mean you too?" Calling it interesting wasn't really the word Toshiko was looking for, though she'd be lying if she said she wasn't at least curious about what might have been on Miyu's conscience. Her umbrella theft from this morning? After a brief pause to consider how ridiculous that probably was, Toshiko added "Does that fire hurt you too, then?"

The girl blinked a couple of times, with her smile still intact.

"Nnnnnnnnope!"  She popped.  "Or maybe it does.  Wouldn't you like to know, Ms. Nosey."  She put a peace sign over her eye.  "Buy a girl dinner first, would ya?"

"So it is the umbrella theft," Toshiko quietly mused. A brief glance at the window accompanied that thought. And suddenly, that glance reminded her of something really important! "Oh! Since we're about to be roommates, there's one thing I need to set straight. In my locker right now, there's this pink raincoat, and it's super cute but more importantly than that!" Toshiko pointed at the window, and pressed her finger against it for added effect. "If it rains like this outside, you cannot take it! I don't mind sharing an umbrella, but I super need that on days like this, or else when I try to go outside it'll be a disaster!"

The girl raised an eyebrow at both the remark, and request.  "Oh?  Is that so?  Well if it's really cute I might not be able to resist wearing it myself!"

"Feel free to try it on. But if we're going outside in this sort of weather, I need it. If I didn't have it, for example..." Toshiko raised her leg up onto her desk, pointing at her knee. "Rain would get in under my umbrella and freeze to my legs. If too much of it freezes on my knees, I won't be able to walk around anymore and we'd have to thaw my leg out. Awful, right?"

Miyu placed a hand over her mouth, hardly able to contain her laughter from the mere visual alone.  "I'll make a sticky note...pffft."

kiburi.png

“O-oh! O-okay, that was a pretty quick answer, but-”

The girl - she was the same height as Kiburi, come to think of it - let out a sudden shriek as she impaled one of the small squad of cockroaches that had gathered around Kiburi. As much as she hated these things, Kiburi had to admit. That was a funny reaction. And seeing one of them drop dead was always nice. Even funnier was Yin thinking that these vermin were her friends. Kiburi was more of the grim dark humor sort, but that was a regular old joke funny enough that even she could get a laugh out of it.

"...but yes, that would be nice. You seem to be the only one that wouldn't... try to do stuff to me in my sleep, though... as long as one of your... followers... stays out of my bed, I'm sure it should be fine..."

"Unless you end up adopting my Quirk somehow, they should focus on me. Although..." Kiburi looked at the dead roach. Good riddance. "My Quirk doesn't just attract their bodies," she lied. "It also attracts the spirits of dead roaches. Ones that might not be too keen on having been murdered today, for example. That one's ghost will want revenge, I'm sure. And at that point, it doesn't really matter if we're in the same room or not. You will get haunted by the ghosts of dead roaches tonight. In your dreams, perhaps. You're ready to accept the consequences of your actions, yeah?" Keeping a straight face during all of this was proving to be a herculean task.

Edited by yui

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

"[Yo.] Juryo, right? And you're Keika. You guys did some pretty cool stuff with your Quirks up there. [Very nice.]"

Eh? Keika turned slightly to see the one guy, Akuma, addressing both him and Juryo. He stared at him, planning to say something else, but was instead stopped by another voice entering the fray: Midome.

"So, assuming that we're the only four left, how do we split?"

Ehhhhhhhhhh? This was starting to get out of hand for Keika.

"Geez. Who cares. Idon't even remember your guys' names. I say we play a little rock, paper, scissors. Losers room with losers. Winners room with Winners. That's how this hero industry works, right? Get a little lucky, and you room with the best. That is...unless you all got a better idea or somethin'."

Keika looked at Juryo, after he offered to have them play rock, paper, scissors to determine who would room with whom. This forced a frown to appear on the young man's face, to which he decided to be quite the card. "I'm fine with that...rock...paper...scissors." he muttered, shaking his fist in the middle to which he immediately began to flip the other three off. Keika gave a slight grin, before shaking his head. "...oops, sorry about that. Guess my hand has a mind of it's own."

PL5kCw4.png

"Unless you end up adopting my Quirk somehow, they should focus on me.”

Kiburi’s tone seemed rather dry, something that Yin didn’t know how to feel towards. While it wasn’t necessarily welcoming, at least it didn’t seem to make her appendage uncomfortable despite how it reacted to the critters around it. However, Yin could’ve sworn that Kiburi was actually thrilled to see that roach die, if not just out of spite.

“Although..." As Kiburi’s eyes turned towards the dead critter, Yin felt her stomach drop slightly. She didn’t know why, but for some reason, she sensed bad karma. "My Quirk doesn't just attract their bodies. It also attracts the spirits of dead roaches. Ones that might not be too keen on having been murdered today, for example. That one's ghost will want revenge, I'm sure. And at that point, it doesn't really matter if we're in the same room or not. You will get haunted by the ghosts of dead roaches tonight. In your dreams, perhaps. You're ready to accept the consequences of your actions, yeah?"

Yin’s eyes widened as whatever shade of red was already on her face faded to pale. Her eyes slowly turned towards the same roach that Kiburi was referring to. As she looked, the appendage seemed to do the same with small little stubs sticking out to follow whatever direction her eyes were moving, almost perfectly calibrated. It was almost comical, like multiple cartoon characters walking over the edge of a cliff and slowly realizing they were about to fall, only she was not watching the cartoon, so it felt similar… if not worse.

“S-s-s… spirits… of the dead?” she gulped, already dreading the situation as she looked down at her legs to where they looked back up at her. If they could shrug, they would. In fact, they literally did, which immediately shook Yin out of it as she rolled her eyes, “...ugh, just my luck.” For what seemed like a second, whoever would know Yin as the shy type would be betrayed by the frustrated and annoyed look on her face. She then contemplated, remembering when she thought she last saw a ghost.

“...I’ll be honest, you had me there for a second.” With an unfamiliar brighter tone in contrast with her shyness from before, Yin gave a warm smile to Kiburi, “Heehee, you’re funny. I’m looking forward to it! It will be much different from my own room. I like different! Change is exciting!”

Geez. Who cares. Idon't even remember your guys' names. I say we play a little rock, paper, scissors. Losers room with losers. Winners room with Winners. That's how this hero industry works, right? Get a little lucky, and you room with the best. That is...unless you all got a better idea or somethin'."

Not... exactly what Midome had in mind. Juryo didn't seem minimally as concerned as he was about Roommates. But any advantage this could have given to Midome would have been rendered useless by random chance. And it seemed Juryo wasn't the only one

"I'm fine with that...rock...paper...scissors."

Before Midome could think of an answer, volcano boy began to... flip them off, apparently.

Well then, with the enormous basis of one observation total, for now I've reached a conclusion of who I don't want to end up with.

Now then, it was already two for the rock-paper-scissor thing... Even if Akuma was to oppose the idea, it would still have bee two against two. Nothing to do but to hope in lady luck. "Very well."

“Eehhh yea! Hane-san! Sure, we can be roommates!” he stammered out, “For sure! Uhhh, hopefully you’re ok with that even though my Quirk is dangerous!”

"I wouldn't ask if I wasn't okay with it, buddy!" Hane said with a wide smile and a thumbs up. "Still, I dunno if I'd called your Quirk dangerous. Protective maybe, but not dangerous," He said with a shrug. Then again, maybe his own views were skewed by his vigilante run. He leaned against the wall, looking around the room. "So... any girl catch your eye?" He asked, partially joking. "Actually wait, give me a second,"

He looked over to the group playing rock-paper-scissors before bouncing over, landing by them. "Yo, quick question. Nobody's dating nobody in this class, right? I don't wanna flirt with a dude's girl, ya know?" After receiving an answer, he bounced back to Yu. "Okay, that's settled. So, as I was asking, got anyone in your sights?"

bg8JhGZ.png?1

"I'm fine with that...rock...paper...scissors." One boy muttered, shaking his fist in the middle to which he immediately began to flip the other three off. Keika gave a slight grin, before shaking his head. "...oops, sorry about that. Guess my hand has a mind of it's own."  Juryo couldn't help but crack a smile.  If this guy were to be his roommate, he'd remember that.  

"Very well."

With the last one seemingly in agreement, they all put their hands in a big pile.  

"We throw out on 3, got it?"  Juryo ordered.  With a nod of all 4 heads, Juryo smiled.  "Alright then...1...."  Their hands rocked into the air, and back down to meet each other.  "....2...."  The completed the motion again.  "............3!"  As the air settled, Juryo saw the aftermath.  One scissors, and three rocks.  "Looks like we found a first loser!"  Juryo laughed.  "The rest of you ain't so bad.  Great minds think alike, right?"  He said before putting on a more serious look.  "Again!  1....2....3!"  With another fierce flurry of fists, two rocks and a scissor remained.  "Well...looks like we have our results."  Juryo looked to Keika, and slugged him in the shoulder.  "Why'd you go and copy my strat like that, eh?!"  Juryo groaned, slugging the boy once more.  

"That should be enough time.  Take your seats."  

x0eOz9T.jpg?1

Looking just as pale as before he had left, Mr. Arai walked back into the room with another large figure in tow.  The man stood at a staggering 7 feet, and wore a sleek business suit.  He walked with a cane, as his right leg seemed stiff and staggering.  Fluffy ears protruded from his white hair, as he looked over the classroom with a sharp glance.  He and Mr. Arai took to the front of the classroom.  

"This is Hairo Academies largest benefactor.  Without him, this school wouldn't be here, and you would all have likely ended up in prison."  Mr. Arai stepped back from his desk to give the floor to the man, who gladly accepted it.  Before introducing himself, he bowed.  

"Good day, Students of Hairo.  My name is Zwart Bakker."  Loosening the tie around his neck, he smiled.  "I was once in your shoes, unable to become a hero because of my past, and who my parents were.  However, I changed my course for the better, and now I help the world in different ways.  My path has now led to the creation of this school.  To give you all a second chance...because I know how desperately you all need that.  This world needs Heroes who have backgrounds of all kinds...your views on the world are more important to me than any random hero on the street."  He looked to his wrist, uncovering a rather cheap looking watch.  "Now if you'll excuse me, I must be off.  It was a pleasure to lay eyes on the ones who will be the first to Graduate Hairo.  I hope to see you soon."  With a nod to Mr. Arai, the man slowly walked out of the room.  Mr. Arai walked back up to his desk, and placed both hands on it.  

"Now, you've all studied Hero History 101, correct.  Let's begin our first lesson then shall we."  Mr. Arai flipped open a thick textbook in one hand, and started writing on the chalkboard in the other.  "It all started when a baby was born shining with a mysterious light."

A couple hours of prattling later.

"Tomorrow we'll talk more in depth about the Starkiller City incident.  But that'll be all for today.  Your stuff has been moved here from your places of residence, and outside of your dorms.  Take the rest of the day to move your belongings into your new roomsooms, and get to know your roommate.  You'll be spending a lot of time with them."  Walking out the door, the teacher flashed a salute.  "Don't cause trouble.  Later!"  

7yXSqaj.png?1

dF8FFBg.jpg

With class finally over, Miyu bolted straight from her chair to the door.  She turned her head back towards Toshiko, and waved.  

"Hey!  I'll make the room pretty before you come up!  See you soon Toshi!"  Miyu booked it towards the gate, where to the side of the school she saw a rickety looking building.  It almost looked like a janky hikikomori's apartment complex.  Miyu shivered but she was excited.  Just as Mr. Arai had said, Miyu's belongings had been placed in a neat little pile outside of the rooms.  She decided to claim the closest room to the school as possible, and started shoveling all of her junk into the cramped space.  The walls were a dry grey color, and the beds looked terribly uncomfortable.  However, that could be remedied soon.  She placed her black sheets onto the bed, and straightened out nice and smooth.  She placed a ton of cheesy romance movies across the wall of her bed, and started hanging up strings of red lights.  There were two desks in the room, one placed against the room's walls adjacent to their bunk beds.  On them, she started to put little plushies that resembled a cartoonish portrayal of a demon on it.  Right in the middle of her desk, she set up a slick laptop, adorned with stickers and bedazzle jewels.  

"It's perfect!"  She squealed, as she waited for Toshiko to arrive.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

toshiko.png

When Mr. Arai returned, he was accompanied by a toweringly tall man! This guy was huge, and in more than just stature! Apparently, his wallet was also huge! Given he was the school's largest benefactor and all. You didn't get that title on a middle-class job and donating your pocket change.

"Good day, Students of Hairo.  My name is Zwart Bakker.  I was once in your shoes, unable to become a hero because of my past, and who my parents were.  However, I changed my course for the better, and now I help the world in different ways.  My path has now led to the creation of this school.  To give you all a second chance...because I know how desperately you all need that.  This world needs Heroes who have backgrounds of all kinds...your views on the world are more important to me than any random hero on the street.  Now if you'll excuse me, I must be off.  It was a pleasure to lay eyes on the ones who will be the first to Graduate Hairo.  I hope to see you soon."

How inspiring! More than before, Toshiko was raring to go on the whole "graduate from this school and become a hero" thing! But that would come later; it was best to take these things one step at a time. And the first step was trivial lessons about hero history. It all boiled down to a few hours of Mr. Arai recapping exactly what was on the tin - the history of heroes - until class was over. A few questions here and there, but overall very much a standard classroom experience. But, it did end, and with class over, it was time to check out the school dorms! It seemed that everyone's things had already been packed, too! How convenient!

"Hey!  I'll make the room pretty before you come up!  See you soon Toshi!"

"Okay! See you soon!" That meant Toshiko had a bit of time to kill, to give Miyu time to make their room pretty. The real question was what to do with it. A stroll around campus didn't sound too bad. Getting to know her school was important, after all! Yes, that would do just fine!

It wasn't until she was thoroughly satisfied with her self-tour of the school campus - unimpressive though it was - that Toshiko made for the dorms. The building was... um... "different" from what she was used to, or what most people were used to for that matter. The outside was far from good looking, and the inside wasn't much better. But the doors for the rooms were super close to the front door, as was the staircase leading upstairs for the boys! Toshiko grabbed the luggage belonging to her, and checked out where Miyu may have set up shop. And how convenient, she'd picked the room closest to the door!

The room was adorned with red lights, cheesy romance films, and adorable little plushies that looked like demons! Toshiko paused for a bit, a teensy bit upset that there only ever seemed to be red ones. It's not easy being blue. But that didn't change the facts! And the facts were, Miyu had a good sense of decor! "It's lovely!" she exclaimed, eagerly opening up her own luggage to start unpacking. The beds didn't look so good, and the walls were a dull and boring colors, but that just made decoration all the more valuable! But first, Toshiko removed the raincoat from her person, cramming it into a yellow bag that she then slid under her bed. It was the pink one that had all her non-clothing items in it. A rather nice-looking tablet that she put down on the desk not occupied by Miyu's laptop, no less than three pillows that she added to the one on her bed, and a handful of plastic stars to hang from the ceiling, plus the hooks to hang them from. And a few books of the sci-fi persuasion, based on the cover art, which joined her tablet on her new desk.

"It's not the best room, but we're sure making it work," Toshiko smiled, stepping up onto her bed to start attaching the hooks to the ceiling, and hanging up the stars on them. "I've never shared a room with someone or even had a sleepover, so this is exciting! Do you want some stars on your side of the room, too? These seem to be all the ones from my room back home, so they might be pretty densely-packed if I try hanging all of them up just over here."

kiburi.png

“S-s-s… spirits… of the dead?”

"M-hm." This was gonna be fun. People who believed in ghosts were always easier to toy with, and while it probably wasn't all that hero-like to get your laughs at someone else's expense, it wasn't like heroism was Kiburi's main goal here to begin with. That is, until...

“...I’ll be honest, you had me there for a second. Heehee, you’re funny. I’m looking forward to it! It will be much different from my own room. I like different! Change is exciting!”

"Saw right through it, huh?" At least now Kiburi could finally let out that laughter she'd been holding back. Yin took the joke pretty well, though. Maybe bunking up with her wouldn't completely suck.

And as it had turned out, Yin was already living in the dorms too. Just in a different room. Kiburi had initially proposed she move her own things into Yin's room, but somehow the exact opposite wound up happening. "And you're sure you can carry all of that?" Kiburi asked again, looking at the frankly impressive amount of things Yin's tendrils were carrying. Since when did having two arms feel so inferior?

Yin gleefully replied, "Oh yes, it's not a problem!" as she casually strutted with all her luggage in tow, swaying back and forth to balance her weight whenever she found herself tipping in either direction.

"Just don't fall over, I suppose." If Yin was willing to carry all of that herself, who was Kiburi to interfere? When she got to the door that marked her dorm - near the back of the building - Kiburi opened it up, revealing a room with the same dull gray walls/floor as the rest of the dorms, and the same uncomfortable-looking beds. One side had gotten some minimal decoration, but aside from a tube-shaped device on Kiburi's desk, everything was pretty basic-looking. "Welcome to your new room. Don't mind the guests." Indeed, as one would expect of a room Kiburi lived in, there seemed to be no shortage of roaches crawling about. Any of them that weren't fixated on the machine on her desk, however, wasted no time turning their attention toward the girl herself. Kiburi stepped in, getting onto her bed to make room for Yin and her things. Those tendrils got her thinking...

"I don't suppose your lower half eats things like that gel boy's body, does it?"

As soon as Yin got to the door, she realized just how much stuff she was carrying, "Oh, okay... let's see..." One by one, she stuck each case of clothes and supplies through the door, eventually clearing herself of the haul and walking in herself. Seeing all the roaches made her instinctively flinch, but upon realization that she'll be staying with the one attracting them, she'd let out a sigh of acceptance.

"It is what it is..." she said before Kiburi started another conversation, "Oh, it doesn't really EAT it, just abso-" she'd then realize what Kiburi meant, "Oooh, right, yeah I'm not sure, though I'm usually pretty good about keeping it from absorbing everything around it, so it's not a big deal." She'd then sit on the bed she'd be sleeping in, taking a moment to look around the room and get comfortable.

"Hmmm..." I should make an arrangement with that guy. The machine on Kiburi's desk made a noise, as small bolts of electricity sparked out of it and into the cockroaches climbing along its surface, zapping them dead. The girl picked up a cleaning brush from the desk, sweeping up the carcasses and sliding them off the desk, into a small trash bin. "It does that every so often. Kind of the point." Well, they were here now. New place to live, new roomie. And honestly, Kiburi would probably be better off getting to know this girl. As Kiburi laid back on her bed, getting used to the new mattress, she presented Yin with a pair of questions. "So, what brings you to this dump of a school? What's your dream in life?" What a person wanted to do with their life was a pretty big part of knowing them, after all.

Edited by yui

fIT4i6q.png

iU8EggM.png

After a few moments, and his joke seeming to go under everyone's radar there, the little rock, paper, scissors match ended, resulting in basically Keika and Juryo getting to room up together...which was what his plan and intention was all along. There was a moment on whether any of that was even remotely necessary, but he figured it was for the best that he keep his thoughts about all that to himself.

"Why'd you go and copy my strat like that, eh?!"

Keika looked at Juryo, rubbing his arm a bit and rolling his eyes. "Please, the rock strat is definitely something I always do. People are idiots if they don't expect anyone else not to pick rock two times in a row."

With all that said, Arai walked back in...this time with a man named Zwart Bakker, the school's benefactor, who basically said he helped put this school together because he was in their shoes once. At the same time, however, Keika found this hard to believe. How would this guy even be remotely in the same predicament he was in? Being ridiculed by his Quirkless parents for his dangerous Quirk and how he was constantly put down because it was his fault things were happening. Hell! Did he even have his Quirk go off on accident and make it to where he lost his parents? Keika, once again, doubted this fact.

He shook off the thought, however, once the man left and Arai began to start the history portion of the class...which really didn't excite him too much. History was history, it was in the past...end of discussion. However, what was said at the end of class made him actually intrigued.

"Tomorrow we'll talk more in depth about the Starkiller City incident."

That was a subject he honestly didn't mind. Everyone knew about the Starkiller City incident, whether they were born in that time frame, were alive when it happened or just did research on it. It was a hell of a day for U.A., it's faculty and even the students that were present. Hell, that really sparked up the divide between the Quirked and the Quirkless. Truth be told, Keika wasn't sure why it intrigued him so much, but he figured it was due to all those heroes being present and even the students who did what they could to help.

...that could be me...maybe... Keika thought, exhaling as he grabbed his stuff. ...who the hell am I kidding? Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he turned his head to look at Juryo, figuring he'd wait for the guy. After all, he was his roommate...