Sign in to follow this  
The Old Charlelot

Just a bit of fun. Cyber Laser/Barrier Dragon Support [Written]

Hey everyone,

A short idea that was hanging at the back of my head. Nobody seems to like (or even remember) the old Unit Cyber cards nowadays. Rightfully so in my opinion, they're pretty terrible. But I like their design, and so, I need to make them at least playable. 

So here it is. Have a read and tell me what you think.

Spell Cards:

Spoiler

Dynamic Alternator Unit

Quick-Play Spell Card

You can only activate 1 “Dynamic Alternator Unit” per turn. When you take damage, activate the appropriate effect, based on the type of damage you took:

• Battle damage: Special Summon 1 “Cyber” Machine monster from your hand or Deck, whose ATK is equal or lower than the damage you took, also, you can ignore the Summoning conditions of “Cyber Laser” and “Cyber Barrier” monsters. If you Special Summon a “Cyber Laser” or “Cyber Barrier” monster with this effect, gain LP equal to that monster’s ATK or DEF, then you can destroy 1 card on the field.
  • Effect damage: Gain LP equal to half of the damage you took, then you can Special Summon 1 “Cyber Carrier” from your Extra Deck, ignoring its Summoning conditions. 

Trap Cards:

Spoiler

Adaptive Augmentation Unit

Continuous Trap Card

Once per turn, you can activate 1 of the following effects:

• Send 1 “Cyber Dragon” monster from your hand or field to the GY; Special Summon 1 “Cyber Barrier Dragon” from your hand, Deck or GY, also, it gains the following effects: Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can change this card’s Battle Position, then you can shuffle 1 card on the field into the Deck.
  • Send 2 “Cyber Dragon” monsters (1 from your field and 1 from your Deck) to the GY; Special Summon 1 “Cyber Laser Dragon” from your hand, Deck or GY, and if you do, you can activate its effect as a Quick Effect, also, it gains the following effect: If this card destroys a monster either by battle or with its effect, you can draw 1 card.

Extra Deck:

Spoiler

Cyber Carrier Dragon

Level 8 LIGHT Machine/Fusion/Effect

ATK 2000 DEF 2000

Must be Special Summoned by its own effect and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (Quick Effect) You can send both 1 LIGHT “Cyber” monster and 1 “Unit” card that specifically lists “Cyber Dragon” in its card text from your hand and/or field to the GY; Special Summon this card from your Extra Deck. Damage you take from card effects is halved. While you control this face-up card, if either player takes damage by battle or by a card effect, this card can attack directly during that turn. You can only Special Summon 1 “Cyber Carrier Dragon” per turn.

Edited by The Old Charlelot
Minor fixes.