Sign in to follow this  

That works as a sort of anti-Ra/Kaiju/Nibiru/Lava Golem hand trap, so long as the monster is not a nomi. Then you could even say the monster "returns" as a slap on the face of those kinds of cards xD

I like how it is a fish. Not all hand traps should be lolis xD and Fish-Types have their own Monster Reincarnation. Whitefish Salvage to retrieve it every turn and we start getting the return of arsenal for Coelacanth haha.

My first thought was an a pseudo-counter to Kaijus, yeah, but as Sleepy pointed out, it wouldn't work for nomis and monsters not Summoned properly.
I appreciate the typing, EARTH/Fish are rare. At first I thought it was a Salvage target, but it's not actually WATER. However, it is still a Surface target, and I find that a bit funny.
The Surface support makes me think you can get away with giving it some ATK, plus allowing the effect to trigger on board as well, which would also let it work better with the aforementioned Coelacanth, since the latter would be able to SS it from the Deck... for whatever that's worth xD