Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Renewed Core of Koa`ki Meiru

Renewed Core of Koa`ki Meiru
[Spell]

This card is always treated as "Iron Core of Koa`ki Meiru".
If sent to the GY by a "Koa`ki Meiru" or "Core" card: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy it.
While this card is banished: You can shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, draw 1 card for each "Koa`ki Meiru" monster you control with a different Type.
During your Draw Phase: You can banish this card from your GY.

- - - - - - -

Notes:

-Yes, if you run this at 3, you can't run the original Iron Core.

-I Know Koa`ki Rocks are good, but I wanna support Urknight, Bergzak, Maximus, Rooklord, Crusader, and the other single tech kinds. It wants you to run different Types and Maximus and Rooklord can both setup the stage for the multi-draw effect, and it going back to the deck means support can keep searching it (it has a bunch of cards that can search it up, but never recycle, and much less so if banished).

-Core Overclock and Core Transport Unit have more of a purpose now because everything else in the archetype will only discard this card on your End Phase, and if you want to capitalize on the destruction effect triggering, this is your best bet. You either get +1500 ATK on all your monsters for the turn or search another copy of this card to further do things (none of these effects are hard OPT).

With "send to the GY by a KM card...", do you mean it will trigger if it's sent either by effect, (maintenance) cost or an unclassified effect? It's important to clarify because then it may or may not need a better wording or PSCT.
That aside, damn this card seems to do a lot. It provides both removal and draw power for the archetype, plus said removal can potentially be stunnish if you find ways to get it in the GY by a KM during the opponent's turn. The draw effect should be hard OPT at least, IMO, otherwise the draw can lead into drawing a copy of itself, if not the same card itself since it was shuffled into the deck before drawing, and loop for massive card draws. Even with that, IDK if the card is unfair, but damn sure looks fun, and KMs deserve some love and support IMO, even if it turns out overpowering.
BTW, Koa'ki Meiru Ice can also discard it during your MP for the pop effect and assist in board-breaking.

38 minutes ago, Darj said:

With "send to the GY by a KM card...", do you mean it will trigger if it's sent either by effect, (maintenance) cost or an unclassified effect? It's important to clarify because then it may or may not need a better wording or PSCT.
That aside, damn this card seems to do a lot. It provides both removal and draw power for the archetype, plus said removal can potentially be stunnish if you find ways to get it in the GY by a KM during the opponent's turn. The draw effect should be hard OPT at least, IMO, otherwise the draw can lead into drawing a copy of itself, if not the same card itself since it was shuffled into the deck before drawing, and loop for massive card draws. Even with that, IDK if the card is unfair, but damn sure looks fun, and KMs deserve some love and support IMO, even if it turns out overpowering.
BTW, Koa'ki Meiru Ice can also discard it during your MP for the pop effect and assist in board-breaking.

If you return it to the Deck and re-draw it via its own effect, you still need to banish it again in order to do the drawing effect once more. You could potentially draw into a Koa`ki Maximus that would do the trick, but otherwise it's not as mindless as drawing a Pot of Greed. I guess if you draw into Gold Sarc you can do a new round of draws, but you still need a few different types of  Koa`ki Meiru monsters to get the draws, averaging on around 3 draws per effect, deck dedication included in the drawback. 
I find it debatable that it'd need a hard OPT clause, personally.... did think of adding one but wasn't completely sold on if I was overdoing the drawback xD

The card is supposed to trigger off effects, discard costs, and maintenance costs alike so yeah it's supposed to cover any way, so long as a Core or Koa`ki Meiru does it.

That Ice play sounds delicious actually xD I was mostly looking at their Continuous Spells, but nice!

In that case it's tricky because you can use a wording like Atlanteans for costs (to activate a "Core" or "Koa'ki Meiru" card) while for effects is easier (by the effect of a "Core" or "Koa'ki Meiru" card), but then I get stuck when it comes to maintenance costs, since technically they are neither effects nor ordinary costs. Ideally you should be able to write a PSCT for it since it's not as intuitive and has no precedence IIRC, otherwise realistically you would have to issue a ruling on what "sent to the GY by a X card" includes along the card.

Anyway, another funny thing about this card is that you can also discard it for "Dark Core" and trigger the pop, despite the Spell not being related to the archetype xD

There ought to be other non-KM "Core" cards that can interact with this card in a similar way. Thus, to stay in-archetype you may want to narrow it to "Core" cards, or any cards even, that include "Koa'Ki Meiru" in their card text.

On 3/13/2020 at 1:27 AM, Darj said:

In that case it's tricky because you can use a wording like Atlanteans for costs (to activate a "Core" or "Koa'ki Meiru" card) while for effects is easier (by the effect of a "Core" or "Koa'ki Meiru" card), but then I get stuck when it comes to maintenance costs, since technically they are neither effects nor ordinary costs. Ideally you should be able to write a PSCT for it since it's not as intuitive and has no precedence IIRC, otherwise realistically you would have to issue a ruling on what "sent to the GY by a X card" includes along the card.

Anyway, another funny thing about this card is that you can also discard it for "Dark Core" and trigger the pop, despite the Spell not being related to the archetype xD

There ought to be other non-KM "Core" cards that can interact with this card in a similar way. Thus, to stay in-archetype you may want to narrow it to "Core" cards, or any cards even, that include "Koa'Ki Meiru" in their card text.

That Dark Core part made me laugh xD
By all means that interaction has to stay... I didn't even remember that card existed, and is a better Tribute to the Doomed. I gotta keep the card in mind haha...

The maintenance cost is a bit annoying to write for. Otherwise I originally thought of saying by the effect of a "Koa`ki Meiru" or "Core" card or to activate a "Koa`ki Meiru" or "Core" card's effect. But that's already wordy enough and doesn't include continuous maintenance so I just trust it is intuitively understood what "by x card" means. There's a limited number of ways a card is able to be responsible by another card's dismissal after all, and usually it shouldn't be up for debate when it happened unless you are rule sharking, and even then.