Blake

dbic Deck Build Pack: Infinity Chasers

Deck Build Pack: Infinity ChasersThe Infinity Chasers

Infinity Chasers is the next Deck Build Pack coming to the OCG, and it introduces three new archetypes: Infinite Ignition, Witchcraft, and Evil Eye.

At present, we only know 3 cards, all of which belong to Evil Eye, a Fiend deck with a basis in Equip Spells.

Witchcraft is described as being a theme of Spellcasters using Spells in hand to use their effects.

Infinite Ignition appears to be a Link and Xyz centric deck utilizing Machine monsters.

The set releases on February 23, 2019 in the OCG.

The set releases on March 21 and 22, 2019 in the TCG

DBIC-JP001
DBIC-JP002 
DBIC-JP003 
DBIC-JP004 
DBIC-JP005 
DBIC-JP006 
DBIC-JP007 
DBIC-JP008 
DBIC-JP009 
DBIC-JP010 
DBIC-JP011 
DBIC-JP012 
DBIC-JP013 
DBIC-JP014 
DBIC-JP015 
DBIC-JP016 
DBIC-JP017 
DBIC-JP018 
DBIC-JP019 
DBIC-JP020 
DBIC-JP021 
DBIC-JP022 
DBIC-JP023 
DBIC-JP024 
DBIC-JP025 
DBIC-JP026 

DBIC-JP027 Serziel, Watcher of the Evil Eye
DBIC-JP028 
DBIC-JP029 
DBIC-JP030 

DBIC-JP031 Zerachiel, King of the Evil Eye
DBIC-JP032 Evil Eye of Selene
DBIC-JP033 
DBIC-JP034 
DBIC-JP035 
DBIC-JP036 
DBIC-JP037 
DBIC-JP038 
DBIC-JP039 
DBIC-JP040 
DBIC-JP041 
DBIC-JP042 
DBIC-JP043 
DBIC-JP044 
DBIC-JP045 

It appears Saikyo Jump has blown the lid on key cards.

637d934f.jpg?resize=202%2C300&ssl=1

DBIC-JP009 Mugen Kidou Earthshaker (Infinite Ignition Earthshaker) – Ultra Rare
Rank 9 EARTH Machine Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 3100
DEF 2100

Materials: 2 Level 9 monsters
You can only use the 1st and 3rd effects of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can detach any number of material from this card, then target an equal number of cards on the field; destroy those targets.
(2) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can attach that monster to this card as material.
(3) If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 1 Machine Link Monster; Special Summon this card in Defense Position.

ea4e9e87.jpg?resize=220%2C300&ssl=1

DBIC-JP011 Mugen Kidou Megaton Gale (Infinite Ignition Megaton Gale) – Super Rare
Link 3 EARTH Machine Link Effect Monster
ATK 4000
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right, Right
Materials: 3 Xyz Monsters

You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) This card and Xyz monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of other monsters, and cannot be destroyed by battle, except by Xyz monsters.
(2) Target 1 Xyz monster in your GY and 1 card your opponent controls; Special Summon the first target and place the second target under that monster as material, but halve any damage inflicted to your opponent for the remainder of this turn.

ddb81fe5.jpg?resize=217%2C300&ssl=1

DBIC-JP008 Mugen Kidou Colossal Mountain (Infinite Ignition Colossal Mountain) – Common
Rank 7 EARTH Machine Xyz Effect Monster
ATK 2100
DEF 3100
Materials: 2 Level 7 monsters

You can only use the 1st and 3rd effects of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can detach 1 material from this card; this card gains 1000 ATK.
(2) When this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: You can attach that monster to this card as material.
(3) If this card is in your GY: You can Tribute 1 Machine Link Monster; Special Summon this card in Defense Position.

2d5c30d3.jpg?resize=211%2C300&ssl=1

DBIC-JP002 Mugen Kidou Rock Anchor (Infinite Ignition Rock Anchor) – Common
Level 4 EARTH Machine Effect Monster
ATK 1800
DEF 500

You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 EARTH Machine monster from your hand in Defense Position, except “Infinite Igniton Rock Anchor”.
(2) Target 1 Machine monster you control, except this card; until the end of the turn, the Levels of this card and that monster become equal to the total combined Levels of those 2 cards.

2375b391.jpg?resize=203%2C300&ssl=1

DBIC-JP003 Mugen Kidou Cancer Crane (Infinite Ignition Cancer Crane) – Super Rare
Level 5 EARTH Machine Effect Monster
ATK 2100
DEF 500

You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) You can Tribute 1 EARTH Machine monster you control; Special Summon this card from your hand in Defense Position.
(2) You can banish 1 Machine monster from your GY; add 1 “Super Contact Expansion (*)” from your Deck to your hand.

* This card’s proper name is illegible due to being a forced Furigana reading over blurry text. We’ll get the proper name at a later time.

Source: https://ygorganization.com/bagger288/

That Megaton Gale, damn. Could it ensue shenanigans with Zoodiacs? Since Chakanine can revive a Xyz with relative ease, then it's just a matter of generating an additional Xyz.
Rock Anchor looks decent in Trains at first glance, but I'm no expert on that so IDK how good it actually can be.
Seems all the Xyzs share the attaching and revival effects.

On 1/30/2019 at 4:56 AM, Darj said:

That Megaton Gale, damn. Could it ensue shenanigans with Zoodiacs? Since Chakanine can revive a Xyz with relative ease, then it's just a matter of generating an additional Xyz.
Rock Anchor looks decent in Trains at first glance, but I'm no expert on that so IDK how good it actually can be.
Seems all the Xyzs share the attaching and revival effects.

Rock Anchor can be summoned with Revolving Switchyard, whose effect doesn't negate the effects of the level 4's it summons from the deck. Pegasus gets more money off that deal, but Anchor can work off of no setup and get things from the hand.

2 hours ago, VCR_CAT said:

Rock Anchor can be summoned with Revolving Switchyard, whose effect doesn't negate the effects of the level 4's it summons from the deck. Pegasus gets more money off that deal, but Anchor can work off of no setup and get things from the hand.

The railway archetype in general seems to have a surprising amount of synergy with this archetype. 

Flying Pegasus Railroad Stampede: Revives any of the main deck monsters, as well as helping with xyz plays ( it can modify it's own level to become equal to the level of another monster you control ). 

Urgent Schedule: Even just within the own archetype ( from what we can see so far ) this card can get 2 free monsters on board going second, which is always nice. 

Super Express Bullet Train: Given that the main deck seems to be earth machines, this card is always a free special summon from hand and a free recursion from the gy during the end phase. 

Heavy Freight Train Derricrane: Since the main deck is earth machines, this card can special summon itself from your hand when you summon any of them, and can destroy a card your opponent controls when detached from any xyz monster ( when it's using it's effect ). 

Rank 10s could be a neat alternate win condition for the deck, given that any 2 level 10s is an otk if your opponent controls no monsters ( Summon Gustav Max, burn 2000, summon Liebe, attack directly for 6000, 8000 total ). Even outside of that, Super Dora offers a good protection for the deck going first as well. 

I'm guessing you guys like the Rock Anchor for its Special Summoning effect, right?  The level change effect doesn't exactly help Trains too much if both monsters become level 14 (inb4 someone makes a Calculator deck featuring this card in Trains)..  If it didn't limit itself to EARTH Machines, it might've been interesting to use in F.A.s just for an easy way to get 2 monsters on the field and get 'em to Level 8+.  At least Ancient Gear Box has a helpful target, eh?

Z0LO98Z.jpg
Witchcraft Master Verre
LIGHT Spellcaster/Effect
LV8 1000/2800
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) During damage calculation, when a Spellcaster monster you control battles an opponent’s monster: You can reveal any number of Spells with different names from your hand, and if you do, that monster you control gains 1000 ATK/DEF for each card revealed until the end of this turn.
(2) (Quick Effect): You can discard 1 Spell; negate the effects of all face-up monsters your opponent currently controls until the end of this turn.

gMEjMEl.jpg?1
DBIC-JP029 呪眼の眷属 カトブレパス Jugan no Kenzoku Catoblepas (Catoblepas, Retainer of the Evil Eye)
LV3 DARK/Fiend/Effect
600/1900
You can only use each effect of this card once per turn.
(1) You can target 1 “Evil Eye” Spell/Trap you control; until the end of the next turn, the next time that card would be destroyed by an opponent’s effect, it is not destroyed.
(2) If this card is in the GY, and you control an “Evil Eye” monster, other than “Catoblepas, Retainer of the Evil Eye”: You can Special Summon this card, but it’s banished if it leaves the field.

Verre looks nasty. Spellcasters have some Summoning support here and there so there shouldn't be many problems with getting her on board, and it may get easier if they get any support. 1000 ATK also makes it Summonable by Shining Angel, or searchable by stuff like Sangan. And admittedly I like her artwork, with such a smug face. Waifu material for me right there.

Not too familiar with Evil Eyes at the moment but I guess a self-revival monster will help a lot. I find the artwork cool, makes me wish the archetype was poli-Type and this was Beast instead.

Edited by Darj

Outrigger-Expand-640x451.jpg?resize=640%

Outrigger Expand
Spell Continuous
(1) Machine Xyz Monsters you control cannot be targeted by an opponent’s card effect.
(2) Once per turn: You can target 1 “Infinite Ignition” Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon from your Extra Deck 1 Machine Xyz Monster that is 2 Ranks higher than that monster you control by using it as the Xyz Material. (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon, also transfer the materials to the Summoned monster.) You cannot Special Summon monsters, except EARTH Machine monsters, for the rest of the turn after you activated this effect.

IMG - 20190212 - 140058

Witchcraft Poterie
Earth Spellcaster / Effect
LV2 0/2000
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) During the Main Phase (Quick Effect): You can Tribute this card, then discard 1 Spell; Special Summon 1 “Witchcraft” monster from your Deck, except “Witchcraft Poterie”.
(2) If you have no cards in your hand: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 “Witchcraft” card in your GY; add that card to your hand.

Edited by TheEternalWinter

Expand:
An OPT Rank-Up, huh? The longer is stays on board, the more things will escalate. I do appreciate it's a Cont. Spell so it won't clash with Switchyard.

Poterie:
Such a cute and wholesome art, and I like her theme of pot crafter. First effect is Spell-expensive like the other Witchcrafts, but unlike Schmitta's its (2) effect helps with alleviating the costs. I was hoping to see Witchcraft Spells soon, but now I wonder if they will have any at all and instead rely on Spell-heavy Decks. Sky Strikers come to mind.

So there are the Spell/Traps. Already reading the effects and it's taking me a bit to fully grasp how is the best way to play them beyond getting the level 7 and 8 on board for control. As expected, the Spells are floaty in the sense they pay themselves back, although the Dragon Ruler hard OPT clause makes them tricky to play, but it's only fair or else you would be able to play the Spells then get them back in the same turn. The (2) effects of the Level 2~4 monsters add an extra layer of resource management too, as that limits your ability to replenish your hand of Spells during the opponent's turn to feed the effects of Witchcrafts.
Artwork-wise, I like them all. The members have cool themes and expressions, IMO, from a cute Poterie to a smug Verre, and I'm particularly fancying Edel as my next waifu :v
I bet a Level 1 is still missing, and whatever they are creating in Masterpiece... could be anything IMO, a high-Level maindeck monster, or even a Fusion.

Edited by Darj

Mm!  The witchcraft stuff looks very interesting as a whole.  I feel it might get turned into a Card of Demise deck though.  Since you can Special Summon during the opponent's turn so the SS restriction is fine.  You can resolve all the spell effects after CoD, so you can get back all the spells you discarded during the End Phase.  CoD is itself a Spell card, so it can fuel the deck, and it doesn't conflict with any additional draw spells you might toss in (Desires, Metalfoe Fusion, even Duality).  Might be worth testing out?

That's a quite solid monster line-up. An archetype Stratos for starters, the Level 5s got effects to Summon themselves from hand, and their 2nd effects can compensate the vacuum -1 you take for their Summons. Trencher is mill-friendly, and Roadheader may be fine as a 1 or even 2-of.

Overall Thoughts:

- Harvester - Can't complain, just generally a fine card to start with and use.
- Rock Anchor - Not AS good, but not bad.
- Cancer Crane - Now that we know what Expand does, don't... run this unless you're actually using that, but Expand isn't that great.
- Drag Shovel - Spin Turn isn't good. Cya.
- Trencher - Hey this is pretty good! Too bad it only summons Infinitrack monsters, but hey whaddya gonna do.
- Roadheader - This is a pretty snazzy card, and I welcome it with open arms.

- Reverstorm - Good card! Great show!
- Colossal - zzzzzz
- Earthshaker - okay but why though

- Goliath - Great when used with Reverstorm
- Megaton Gale - Dios mio

- Outrigger Expand - Nothing spectacular or worth paying attention to unless we suddenly got a rank 10 Infinitrack.
- Spin Turn - zzzzzzzzzzz

My complaints:
- This deck is desperate for a self-summon playstarter. It's what was really needed, and all the level 5's needing to tribute for their special is just... it makes me wonder why I would ever want to summon them normally and not just use them as discard fodder or summon with other effects. Really that self-summon is nothing more than a -1 to make a body on your field to be level 5.
- Gonna be thinking of a compact engine of Harvester/Trencher/Roadheader to put into Machine decks, 'cause that wouldn't be too bad for EARTH ones if they're fine with that extra normal. I'm thinking something along the lines of 3/1/2?
- I'm really hoping the extra support they get in a future main set makes up for this deck's weaknesses. These are so close to revolutionizing EARTH Machine decks, but just... fall short.
- Hurts that Symphonics are WIND.