yui

yuipinions: new site edition

new year new site new thread old me

5 minutes ago, Yui said:

new year new site new thread old me

Same ?

I'm probably gonna do a bunch of revamps to a lot of my old threads though. Make things better over here. 

7 hours ago, Ultimagamer said:

Same ?

I'm probably gonna do a bunch of revamps to a lot of my old threads though. Make things better over here. 

you exist so that's neat I guess

4 hours ago, Hallohallo said:

k

out of the people I don't interact with on a regular basis, you're one of my favorites. you crazy site-finding bastard.

7 minutes ago, Thar said:

who r u

I'm you but a weeb.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:39 PM, Nathanael D. Striker said:

Number 2? Why not Number 1?

1c30cf57648e7f66806aa15a07e219a7.png
^that's why^

Frankly, your desire for a fresh restart is a bit confusing. Not that you want it mind you - I totally get that - but I'm more caught up by how you keep saying you want to start from scratch... then keep making obscure jokes that reference things you'd probably have to be a fossil by YCM standards to get. It's like you're trying to hit the "New Game" button but still get your xp and loot from if you hit "New Game+" instead.

On 1/12/2019 at 12:29 AM, Tormented said:

Opinionate me

The admin this community needs, but not the one it deserves. Anyone who gets us out of YCMaker's "leadership" by making a new site altogether with an active admin, a light theme that doesn't blind me, and a ton of neat features like the bump button, can't be a bad guy. I remember being wary of you getting any power at all at first, but I'm glad to see I was wrong about that.

1412241731851.gif

14 minutes ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

Am I crazy for wanting to take the good stuff from my time on YCM and distance myself from the bad? Not sure, though probably.

Anyway, opinion on YCMaker's "return"?

Heavily displeased. This is something I have to answer step by step, starting by quoting the status by the man himself. Let's take it from the top.

>Sorry about downtime, was on vacation and didn't have access to internet for about 2 weeks.
Where the fuck do you vacation in the 21st century where you have no internet access for two weeks? The Mariana Trench? The Bermuda Triangle? This is an annual thing, so would it really have been that difficult to renew the whatever or check before leaving? And frankly, if it hadn't been for Winter going to outright-stalker-tier measures just to bring it up, the site would probably have been down for all of January too, or however long it took for YCMaker to try getting his next ad check.

>Fixed spam problem. Someone with admin permission disabled spam prevention plugin - too many cooks in the kitchen.
This bit in particular interests me, since he only said "Someone with admin permission" without excluding himself. From this, we know it was either him or Torm, and Torm wasn't able to access damn near half the site's plugins anyway. I wouldn't put it above YCMaker at this point to disable the anti-spam measures himself so that the spambots would keep triggering ads in a desperate effort to make a quick buck off ad revenue, then try to shift the blame.

>Apparently our moderators left? Will be looking for replacements when we move to new forum software.
People tend to leave when they're finally done with their incapable leader's bullshit. I constantly say I'd like to be remodded, but YCMaker could PM me right now with a super mod position and that wouldn't be enough to make me stay there. The people who want to stay can stay if they feel like, and quite bluntly NCM will be better off without a decent chunk of them.

Overall, it was too little, too late, and too obviously a last-ditch effort to keep his site from decaying into a rotten corpse. I'd love to say to his face everything wrong with YCMaker's return, why he's such an inadequate administrator that we created an entirely new site, and more, but my voice of reason has demanded I don't because it would cause drama to spill over to here.