Sign in to follow this  
Sleepy

Trap DARK Deck

Here's something I came up with. The concept is simple: Get things out of the way.

9iYcEMm.png

Main Deck:
Black Luster Soldier Envoy of the Beginning ( 3 )
Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit ( 3 )
Lilith Lady of Lament ( 3 )
Absolute King Back Jack ( 3 )
Sangan ( 3 )
Peropero Serperos ( 3 )
Tour Guide from the Underworld ( 2 )

Trap Trick ( 3 )
Lost Wind ( 3 )
Paleozoic Dinomischus ( 3 )
Heavy Storm Duster ( 3 )
Back to the Front ( 3 )
Fiend Griefing ( 3 )

Foolish Burial ( 1 )
Primal Seed ( 1 )

Extra Deck:
Knightmare Phoenix ( 3 )
Knightmare Cerberus ( 3 )
Triple Burst Dragon ( 1 )
(Sorry I forgot to put this in the image xD )

Side Deck is just me realizing "Holy crap since when is Primal Seed at 3 with both Envoys unlimited and how come that's not getting abused in some way? I gotta think of something with it"....

- - - - - -

Gameplay is straight-forward as I said. 
-Lilith and Trap Trick, and to a degree Back Jack, let you choose what disruption you want, and possibly at sped up activation to boot.
-Traps are the backrow hater, the monster (battle/effect) hater, and a banish for whatever when you wanna be flexible.
-Others are Foolish Burial for Fiends that could come up handy with the MR5 rules if you return a Shaddoll or Shadow Mist while you ditch and trigger Back Jack, or Back to the Front for revival without destiny knot attached to your monster, fully chainable, and supported by the trap love the deck has.
-Tour Guide + Sangan = Knightmare for extra popping, and search Snow Rabbit for more despair, or Peropero/Jack to discard with the Paleozoic.

BLS for late game push or extra banish goodness, and because Primal Seed can recover the your banished Traps, on top of your hand trap loli... Lost wind self-banishes for second use, Paleo banishes after self-reviving as a monster, Trap Trick banishes a copy of whatever it searches. 

Back to the Front can be a sudden Snow Rabbit pop (she can work from the field too), or some Lilith + Sangan goodness for an extra Trap + search.
Peropero doesn't match in stats but is an easy material fodder or discard fodder for Paleo and Knightmares.

I can't tell without playtesting the deck of course, but at a glance,while it looks functional and fun and all, I would think it runs out of resources and steam quickly, since I don't see how it generates many pluses and most of the cards are 1-for-1s. If the opponent manages to beat your resources, you are pretty much screwed. IDK if Sangan, Griefing, Lost Wind and Dinomischus as source of pluses are enough to keep up.
You run BLS and yet your only LIGHT is Snow Ogre, and you are not even running searchers for it like E-Tele or Needlfiber/Halqifibrax; you may want to address that.
If you have little to no use for the ED, then Pot of Extravagance would fit in nicely. Although there are EDs you can run to strengthen the deck without harming your strategy. For example Linkuriboh and Relinquished Anima for Back Jack,and the aformentioned Halqifibrax. IDK if this is for IRL and you can get your hands on the cards, though.
You could consider an small Warrior engine and a couple of Equips to Summon Isolde and search BLS. Flame Noble Knight Renaud is a solid tech along Isolde that let's you grab the Equip you milled for its Summon though isolde, effectively searching it.

12 hours ago, Darj said:

I can't tell without playtesting the deck of course, but at a glance,while it looks functional and fun and all, I would think it runs out of resources and steam quickly, since I don't see how it generates many pluses and most of the cards are 1-for-1s. If the opponent manages to beat your resources, you are pretty much screwed. IDK if Sangan, Griefing, Lost Wind and Dinomischus as source of pluses are enough to keep up.
You run BLS and yet your only LIGHT is Snow Ogre, and you are not even running searchers for it like E-Tele or Needlfiber/Halqifibrax; you may want to address that.
If you have little to no use for the ED, then Pot of Extravagance would fit in nicely. Although there are EDs you can run to strengthen the deck without harming your strategy. For example Linkuriboh and Relinquished Anima for Back Jack,and the aformentioned Halqifibrax. IDK if this is for IRL and you can get your hands on the cards, though.
You could consider an small Warrior engine and a couple of Equips to Summon Isolde and search BLS. Flame Noble Knight Renaud is a solid tech along Isolde that let's you grab the Equip you milled for its Summon though isolde, effectively searching it.

Ghost Ogre's searcher is called Sangan xD
If E Tele was at 3, didn't pop my search at the end of the turn, and allowed Snow Rabbit response when needed (it can only work preemptively or it'll miss chains there).

I don't think adding Equips (garnets) for an Isolde engine in a deck that otherwise runs 0 Warrior related themes (well, BLS, but does that really count?) is gonna do much good.... and the suggestion made me recall that meme from when Dangers were brand new "ese deck apesta! sacale todo, metele Dangers". You are basically saying something like that but for the Isolde engine xD

Well, BLS does appear to be a key monster in the Deck, even more if you decide to run more Primal Seeds, and the kit of Renaud + Equip of your choice that you can grab is rather advantageous for the 2 slots in the Deck that it requires. Heck, even Isolde's LIGHT Attribute contributes to BLS's Summon.
Also, since your Deck is mostly DARK, another kit you can consider is Union Carrier + Dragon Buster Destruction Sword for the lock on EDs.