Blake

Diluculo de Inhio [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

-April 15th, 2000-
-8 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22, New York City, New York-

A woman with short brown hair stared out a window, looking at a massive building across the way. After taking a sip from a thermos, a knock on the door to her office drew her attention.

“Enter.”

“Good morning, Nika!” came a chipper, distinctly American voice from the door, quickly followed by a fairly tall blonde woman popping in, a grin stretched from one ear to the other, “Today's the day!"

“Captain Mathilde, I’ve told you, it’s Major and… Why do I bother?” The first woman, Nika, replied with a slight Russian accent. She sighed as she sat her drink down on her desk, “Just… promise to address me properly in front of the new recruits, Maddy. Are they all already here?”

“Come now, you know I never slip~” Maddy teased, holding the big grin, her blue eyes shining with mischief as she looked up at the taller woman, “But yes, all eight of our newbies are in the mess hall, eating breakfast. I know they receive some military training before the higher-ups send them this way, but I still didn’t expect them to be so early!”

“Perhaps we were lucky enough to be sent a good batch. More likely, we just so happened to get a group that listens to orders.” Nika reached down to one of the drawers on her desk, opening it to pull out a manilla envelope. Producing one page at a time, she placed them across her desk, giving them a once-over. “After all, it appears a number of them don’t possess particularly… shining talents.”

“Oh, come now! We aren’t so spectacular either, Nika!” 

“Maybe not in terms of flashiness… But it’s hard to argue with results. Speaking of results, it seems like people ease in more quickly when you do the introductions… So, can I trust you to do it?”

“Aww, you know just how to butter me up,” The blonde giggled, before heading back to the door of the room, casting a glance over her shoulder, “Though it won’t do for their Major to not report on time, would it?”

“Don’t worry about me. Worry about them.” Nika turned back to the window as the door closed, picking up her thermos again. Taking a sip of the black coffee within, she let out a soft sigh. “You would think that the strongest recruits would be stationed this close to the United Nations… But what do I know? I’m no politician.”

-----

-April 15th, 2000-
-8:15 AM-
-Dining Hall, Diluculo Branch 22-

“Gooood morning!”

No sooner had the words left Maddy’s mouth than the door burst open, making a spectacle of herself to the recruits seated around the large room. 

“Come now, come now, let’s all share a table! After all, it’s easier to do roll call that way, hm?” The American grabbed a chair one of the twelve seats at the large rectangular table that sat in the center of the cafeteria, making herself comfortable before continuing, “I am Captain Mathilde Macha, born in Seattle, Washington, here in the USA. My Id, Scope Sight, means that I can see far away things very, very well. The Major will be joining us shortly, but since you all arrived early, we can use this as a chance to learn about each other!”

-----

OOC

And so we begin our journey into the world changed by Id!

Feel free to cover waking up, arriving, etc. if you so wish in your post. Just remember that everyone has to be assembled by 8:15.

Before this, your character received about a month of basic training, mostly revolving around fitness and basic survival skills. On April 14th, your characters moved into the barracks, but were informed that they were not to interact with the others in the barracks until 8 AM, in the dining hall. The cast was told to assemble in the dining hall no later than 9, but since all of them are good little soldiers, they’re early. Or maybe it's because they were told there would be no more food served after 8 AM when they were dropped off, even if that was a lie. Who can tell?

Of course, no one would really mind if they bumped into each other on the way...

If you have any other questions about your post, feel free to ask either on the server or by a direct message on Discord!

Untitled.png

-April 15th, 2000-
-5 AM-
-New York City, New York-

"Early bird gets the worm," Sergei repeated to himself. He was pretty fluent in English, but some idioms were still foreign to him. He learned that one today, about half an hour ago, as he stopped at a fast food store for some coffee. It was something the cashier had said to him when he said he was killing some time before work and wanted to see the sights in an unfamiliar country. She was even kind enough to suggest a few places tourists liked to stop by! Today's destination? The World Trade Center! Now, Sergei had seen some pretty buildings before. He stopped in Moscow along the way for his journey to America, and had made sure to check out Saint Basil's Cathedral while he was there. These towering rectangles before him were not architecture as an art form like that was, but what they lacked in beauty, they made up for in sheer scale.

Not that he'd know about that. He majored in neither architecture nor art during college.

Sergei wasn't going to miss the chance to get some pictures, though. He'd even brought a camera with him. I sure have seen some wonderful things lately! The cathedrals and museums in Moscow, the vast open sea during his boat ride, and all manner of things during his ride across America! He wasn't about to tell anyone else at Diluculo, but he'd even taken a slight detour from the fastest train route available to see the Grand Canyon along the way. He had the pictures tucked away safely in an album in his room back at headquarters. Take out camera, aim, and...

CLICK!

"Early bird gets the worm." Looking back on it, hadn't that woman complimented him on being up so early? The reality was that he was just having trouble adjusting to a new sleep schedule after all this time. That was part of what the coffee was for. If he could just keep himself up until sometime tonight, that would snap him into place for an American sleep schedule! And then I have to do it again if and when I go home. Bring it on!

-April 15th, 2000-

This is pretty good stuff, come to think of it. Sergei was no stranger to coffee, of course. He'd had plenty of it in college, during long nights cramming for an exam or throwing an assignment together at the last second. But American coffee had a distinct something to it. Maybe he was just enthralled by the experience of something so familiar, yet so different. Whatever it was, he also had a nice breakfast in front of him. Pancakes, some toast, and eggs. Some might have suggested bacon in place of the pancakes, but that was an offer Sergei would have had to decline. Eggs were fine though; eggs sold in supermarkets were not fertilized, so no animals were harmed or killed to get them. It was just the meat itself that Sergei had trouble with. Hell, cheese was one of his favorite foods.

A warm meal, some hot coffee, and a good book would have to do for now though. And honestly, it was a peaceful time. What was the book, one might ask? Why, a language textbook! One didn't learn languages overnight, and breakfast time was a great time to study. Since America shared a border with Mexico, Sergei found it wise to focus more on Spanish out of the languages he was studying, at least while in this country. Never know when that might come in handy.

“Gooood morning!”

Sergei's attention immediately turned away from his book, to whoever had made herself known. A friendly wave hello was good enough, right?

“Come now, come now, let’s all share a table! After all, it’s easier to do roll call that way, hm?” Oh boy, she was sitting at the middle table. The one Sergei had been sitting at with his breakfast while he did some eating and reading. Sergei folded the corner of his page before closing the book. Getting to know his coworkers was also important! “I am Captain Mathilde Macha, born in Seattle, Washington, here in the USA. My Id, Scope Sight, means that I can see far away things very, very well. The Major will be joining us shortly, but since you all arrived early, we can use this as a chance to learn about each other!”

"My name is Sergei. Sergei Shustakov," he replied, following up on the Captain's introduction. "I was shipped over here from Russia not long ago, and my Id is called Vitality. It lets my body regenerate at an accelerated pace." That was about enough info on him as a Diluculo operative, but if he knew one thing about working as part of a group... that alone wouldn't cut it. Knowing your team as people was also important. "Also, I have a degree in anthropology. People are fascinating to me, so I had planned to become an anthropologist before being offered a job with Diluculo."

-April 15th, 2000-
-6:50 AM-

A night without sleep passed, though he figured it was due to the jet lag he was still suffering. Truth be told, Austin despised flying, but at the same time it was either fly to New York or have them make a cross country drive from California to New York. He figured it'd be better if it was just a quick fly from there to here rather than being trapped in a car for HOURS with some suits from this "Diluculo" group.

Upside...least they gave me a pretty sweet pad to crash in. Austin thought, finishing up a bit on the last leg of his jogging routine in the gym area with his headphones on. The Diluculo group basically gave them basic training and the like for a month, so needless to say, Austin definitely was in fit standards. But at the same time, he felt like a general jog routine would definitely clear his head...which was always what he was going for.

...and today's the day where I meet the others, least the one chick said. he slowed down, finally finishing as he took his headphones off with a slight smirk appearing on his face. "Heheh...today they'll learn that I'm better than them in every single way. No ifs, ands or buts..."

-April 15th, 2000-

“Gooood morning!”

This one woman was way too chipper this morning. Austin was aware of just individuals being just morning people, but this was waaaaaay too much, even for him. He looked up from his breakfast, giving the woman a bit of being not amused at all this, but only kept eating everything...just slowly tossing his hood over his head. It was a good defense mechanism sometimes...though he figured it wouldn't be this time at least.

“Come now, come now, let’s all share a table! After all, it’s easier to do roll call that way, hm? I am Captain Mathilde Macha, born in Seattle, Washington, here in the USA. My Id, Scope Sight, means that I can see far away things very, very well. The Major will be joining us shortly, but since you all arrived early, we can use this as a chance to learn about each other!”

Austin finally finished a good portion of his food, letting out an audible sigh as he got up and made his way to the center table. Using his foot, he pulled out a chair and immediately turning it around as he sat in the now backwards chair. His head resting on his arms, he surveyed the room and looked over at the supposed "captain". He wouldn't lie, she looked fine...exceptionally fine. Then again, he did always have a bit of a weakness for blonde chicks. A small smirk appeared on his face as he looked over at her.

"Also, I have a degree in anthropology. People are fascinating to me, so I had planned to become an anthropologist before being offered a job with Diluculo."

Oh, someone else was talking... Austin's thoughts returned to him, not really paying attention to what the one guy was saying. He shrugged slightly and figured now was the time for them to learn.

"Sup losers." he said behind a very obvious smirk. "Austin Rankin from Venice, Los Angeles, California. And let's just say, I'm better in every way than you lot! Not stating an estimate, just a cold hard fact. My Id is called Idposter, and basically...I mimic any one Id I want and I basically just do it better than you." Of course, Austin kept the fact that the power of his Id would make it to where they'd only be at half power, but they didn't need to know that. After all, it wasn't their Id...they didn't need to know that.

-April 1st, 2000-
-12 AM-
-New York City, New York; Saint Patrick's Cathedral-

In the midst of a restless night, the bustling noise of NYC had been getting to her. She walked through the empty cathedral, her footsteps echoing around her, before she came to a stop at the far back of the cathedral. She looked out into the empty pews, imagining what the Church must be like during the day, truth clouded by devotion. She let out a small sigh, she had been a bit... resistant of Diliculo when she had first woken up, trying to escape at a couple oppurtunities. And now there was definitely someone watching her.

I wonder how many of them know they're being lied to and still come here just to hear something kind they don't believe. She wasn't usually a very religious person, but she knew what an impact they could have. They were usually meant to make people feel better about death and the loss of loved ones, right? There wasn't anything inherently malicious about them so she found them simply curious. New York definitely seemed to have a lot of churches, even with how many she had visited.

She gave a small sigh, seeming to glance down at a watch and realizing what time it was, "I suppose I should be getting back. What say you Mr. Security Man?//Miss Security Woman?" She gave a small pause, "...You guys really aren't gonna let me run off, yeah? Suppose I should be getting back then. Maybe they can take a joke at least."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-April 15th, 2000-
-Dining Hall, Diliculo Branch 22-

“Gooood morning!”

Akiko gave a small jump at hearing such a chipper voice coming up to the table. She looked around at everyone else for a moment before giving a wave, her eyes quickly rolling up and down the woman's body. She looked for any motions of deceit in the woman's body, before seeming to realize what she was doing and freezing, giving a polite nod to her.

“Come now, come now, let’s all share a table! After all, it’s easier to do roll call that way, hm? I am Captain Mathilde Macha, born in Seattle, Washington, here in the USA. My Id, Scope Sight, means that I can see far away things very, very well. The Major will be joining us shortly, but since you all arrived early, we can use this as a chance to learn about each other!”

Akiko seemed to have been avoiding her food for the most part, only taking a light portion to even start with. She listened to the captain with a smile, about to open her mouth before others started to speak first, closing her mouth to allow them to do so. It was only polite, right?

"Also, I have a degree in anthropology. People are fascinating to me, so I had planned to become an anthropologist before being offered a job with Diluculo."

She was a bit surprised. Can't say she was really expecting to find someone wanting to become an... anthropologist here? He definitely seemed as if he found conviction at the very least! If he found people fascinating she might actually be able to talk to him about things like Cathedral's without people automatically assuming she was religious!

"Austin Rankin from Venice, Los Angeles, California. And let's just say, I'm better in every way than you lot! Not stating an estimate, just a cold hard fact. My Id is called Idposter, and basically...I mimic any one Id I want and I basically just do it better than you."

Akiko actually couldn't hold herself from busting up laughing at that, nearly falling out of her seat, "Damn dude sounds like you got almost as screwed as me. But yeah, you can have your Id be better than mine, it's not that hard." Her tone seemed one of almost annoyance as she got back up off the floor, "My name is Gekkane, Akiko, er, Akiko Gekkane I mean from Japan, Shimonoseki Province. Sorry, I'm still not used to American introductions. My Id I guess is... Truth and Lie? Dunno if that's the best way to put it, but I will say it sucks. I can say two things at once, as long as it's a Truth and a Lie, and can choose who hears which. For example, I find Austin a sweetheart//I think Sergei and I could be great friends!" She selected Austin and Mathilde to hear the first line, and Sergei to hear the second line, "Compare what I just said to eachother if ya want, it's a hard to detect Id I guess but other than that it blows."

She gives a small lean back, before finally glancing back around, shifting nervously in her seat, "I uh... think that's everything from me? I'm not actually used to speaking very much... Would someone like to continue?"

Edited by PhoenixOfCute

-April 15th, 2000-
-12:15 AM-
-Over the Ocean-

It was one thing to admit that his parents cared about him personally, that would never come out of his mouth. It was another thing entirely to say that they were definitely efficient in getting things done. He had been on this flight for a good six hours now, with another five to six hours to go, that would give him a good three hours to wander the city a bit... Along with visiting a restaurant recommended by his parents. It wouldn't be open at this hour, certainly not, but he could at least get an idea of where it was located so he could visit it a bit later in the day.

Books swirled in the air around him haphazardly, his hands drifting through the air to control them. When one book passed out of his vision, another one was quick to follow suit, an endless wave that circled him. Travel guides, tour pamphlets, professional reviews on what sights to see... Along with crime reports, newspaper articles, and magazines all following up on the situation in New York at the moment. It was best to be... Prepared for what was to come, he very rarely had traveled alone, "I won't waste this opportunity..."

The items swirling around him slowly came down to rest on the seat next to him, neatly stacked by weight as he settled back in his seat and looked up at the ceiling. All the research in the world won't matter if he wasn't awake to make use of it, and he had already eaten up a good two hours of his rest for the night. It really was time for him to... Sleep, as much as he didn't want to. Or think he could.

-April 15th, 2000-
-7:30 AM-
-New York City, New York; Le Bernardin-

Turns out, he could sleep soundly. The rest of the plane ride went off without a hitch and he was safely delivered to the city that the rest of his life would begin in. It had been roughly an hour since he had landed in the city and with the proper taxi, he had easily found his destination.

Le Bernardin. It was a relatively unassuming building, very modern looking, it didn't surprise him one bit. His parents always recommended establishments like this, but... They hadn't spoken about it like the others. They had acted like it was... More homely, something special to them that the world hadn't found. He twitched a finger up into the air, a small note rising from his backpack into his hand, subtly in a way that other's wouldn't notice the lack of searching. He unfolded it as he hummed, "This is the correct address... I suppose... They did say that the restaurant moved from France to New York... 15 years ago? I suppose it's changed a bit since they had been here last. I'll still have to give it a try for dinner, soon."

He folded up the paper as he slid back into the taxi, a small smile on his face as he handed a card to the driver. He didn't care if he was overcharged. His parents had plenty of money and if it helped the driver... He could handle a little bit of scamming, "I have somewhere else to be, now. The faster you can get me there, the better, thirty minutes. I don't care about the path." He gave a knowing smile to the driver, who just smirked back and nodded his head, there was an unspoken agreement there.

Diluculo... Don't let me down now.

· · ─────── ·?· ─────── · ·

The drive was the opposite of efficient. They took multiple twists and turns, and Cade was certain he saw the same corner market at least a dozen times, but with five minutes to spare, he was in front of the Diluculo building. The driver charged the card and handed it back to Cade, it was only a drop in the bucket of what his parents had provided, so he couldn't care less about the cost. His bag hung on his back as he moved to the back of the taxi, opening it up to grab his suitcases out of the vehicle before he made his way into the building.

Inside, he was promptly directed straight to a cafeteria. Well, he wasn't going to let people take his items without him there to supervise either way, so his luggage was just going to have to sit with him through whatever orientation the group at planned. There was a table clearly set up for the new arrivals there, he wasn't sure if he was ready to deal with a group of people already, but...

“Gooood morning!”

Oh dear, she was clearly a chipper person. That would make this all the more... Sensitive. The others who were gathered there were all over the spectrum otherwise, he was hard for him to get a good read on what everyone was going to be like. The lady quickly introduced herself as he settled himself down at the table, a small yawn escaping him as he leaned back in his seat. As the others went about their introductions, a few of his books lifted up from his bag and started to open up in front of him. He ran his fingers along the text, reading a bit as he listened to the others go about their introductions.

Sergei seemed interesting enough. Anyone pursuing something like anthropology couldn't be that bad or hard to get along with. Maybe he had some books he could offer on the subject, he didn't know if he brought them with him... But he could have them mailed from home, if not.

Austin was the exact opposite. Overconfident and cocky, which meant he was probably hiding something. That was something to keep in mind for the future... He wasn't so sure he'd want to be around this guy for too long, but he probably wouldn't have much of a choice, in the end...

Akiko immediately started by putting down Austin, which was a nice touch, but she was also pretty hard on herself. He couldn't really say much though, the nature of Id was still relatively new, maybe she really did lose the dice roll on it.

No one else seemed to speak up right away, so Cade had his book close as he raised a hand, "Hello, hello. My name is Cade Laurent. Born in Lyon, France. My Id is... Easier to show, than to explain." As he spoke he bought a single arm up into the air, his hand raising up once it reached the peak, and from his backpack, a steadily flow of books rose up into the air. He circled his arm in the air, eight books quickly falling into line before orbiting around in a circle.

"I can direct books and move them around freely without having to touch them. It's... Simple enough once you see it in action."

Edited by Kazooie

MarcelBanner by inkescher

-April 14th, 2000-
-4 PM-
-LaGuardia Airport, New York City, New York-

Marcel watched as others began stretching, grabbing their bags, and exiting the plane. he however, waited, rather impatiently, for one of the attendants to bring him his chair. After about half the plane had already left Marcel was helped into the motorized wheelchair and on his way through the airport. He'd been told a car would be sent and that he'd have some time for sight seeing if he wanted. He didn't. Seeing the city wasn't something he even considered, it'd be nothing but a slow roll through crowded places where everyone would bother him, something he could get just as easily in any other pubic place.

Over the balcony, waiting near the escalators because of course they would be, Marcel saw a man holding a sign with his name. For a moment he considered actually taking the quicker route but knew it wouldn't work, he'd have to stand as he descended agonizingly slow and he was sure there was no way he could lift the heavy chair he relied on until he reached the bottom so, after taking the more roundabout way to access the elevators, he found the man again.

"Mawcel Barrett." He said rather curtly to get the mans attention. He looked at Marcel with a look of shock, not quite surprise, which was actually unsurprising to the young man considering where he'd chosen to wait.

The car ride was a hassle, there was barely room for his chair in the backseat, the strap of the seat-belt was incredibly uncomfortable, and all the traffic meant they'd have to stop every few minutes making Marcel's body jerk forward for just long enough to hurt more than usual. They arrived in front of an unassuming building, just another large grey structure in the city, and Marcel was left to help himself out, which of course didn't come without more pain from each movement. Whatever impression they hoped to make on him Marcel wasn't sure they'd done it.

-April 15th, 2000-

Despite the unwelcoming reception the day prior Marcel found it rather easy to settle in. For starters he'd been instructed not to talk to any other recruits he would encounter which he didn't mind at all, especially since it meant they were probably told the same. He hadn't bothered unpacking anything and had just placed his bags in the corner figuring he'd take things out as he needed them, no point in the extra hassle of putting it all away when everything was already organized in his suitcase.

Though it took him some time to navigate Marcel made it to the mess hall just as a perky woman called for everyone to sit together. Though he wasn't really interested in socializing the woman had said she was a captain and Marcel figured it'd be best to listen so, after grabbing a quick meal of oatmeal, a fruit cup, and a biscuit that he quickly discovered wasn't up to his standards, he literally took a nearby seat, shoved it away from the table, and placed himself in it's spot to eat.

His food wasn't all that impressive so instead of discracting himslef with his meal like he'd hoped Marcel begrudgingly listened in on the introductions, the captain had some sort of sniper vision, a Russian Anthropologist that could regenerate, some self absorbed Hollywood type that copied powers, a girl that could say two things at once, and a french guy that could make books float. After a moment of silence where it seemed everyone else was waiting for the next person to speak Marcel decided to get it over with and grabbed his fork and stood with slow and rigid movements.

"Names Mawcel, was born in N'walins." he gave it a minute while the group turned their attention to him, most likely surprised by the way he spoke that he wasn't from the heart of Boston. "I call my Id Sado-Masochist, it let's me hurt'cha by using myself as a pincushun." he demonstrated by feigning a stabbing motion at his hand with the fork. "Caws, it's a bit maw complicated then that but that's the jist of it." He careful sat himself back down and began quietly enjoying his fruit cup, figuring they couldn't much mess up a bunch of cut up melon and grapes.

-April 15th, 2000-
-7 AM-
-New York Theatre Workshop, New York City, New York-

'At last a moment of peace' Ann thought to herself. She sat in the small practice room that she had been allowed to use from the Director, playing the piano. She was playing Beethoven's Sonata 14 in C sharp minor, just letting herself get drawn into the music. After her sleepless, painful night, she deserved it. The pain of a portion of the largest city in the United States was thrust upon her, and now she could just finish this piece in peace.

As she drew to the end of the first movement, her hand began to flare up in pain, and made a cord with the tritone. 'There must be an older lady with Arthritis around here. This is the fifth time in the past forty five minutes.' She noted as she stood up and put her music in her bag. She walked outside of the room, followed by the same UN agent as normal. In fact, Ann had found her presence comforting, in the sea of pain she normally would feel. She walked outside and hailed a cab, allowing the Dilucolo Agent in with her.

-April 15th, 2000-

Ann had eaten a simple breakfast of eggs and lightly buttered toast. She sat at a back table, almost glad that the higher-ups decided to prevent them from interacting. She did note that these were some very interesting characters. Some she could tell were more interesting than they appear. 'If only this pain would let up.' She thought as the aching pain continued from an unknown source. 'Based on how much it hurts, the person should either be in a great deal of pain, or they are in this room.' She began to visually search the room, but before she could locate the source, a person came in into the cafeteria, acting very excited.

She suddenly found herself sitting at a table with a bunch of people she didn't really know or have interest in their stories or Id's. The only one that she found interesting was the person in the wheelchair, who said his ability was to hurt himself in order to hurt someone else. She also could tell he was the source of the pain she had felt, noticing the aching when he moved to stand and sit back down. 'How... Synergetic.' Ann thought to herself. 'He might be able to project pain at a distance, even if it is my pain...' She felt obligated to speak next. She stood up and spoke.

"Um... Hi." She said sheepishly. She never was a good public speaker. "My name is Ann, Ann Fernace, I'm from Coutts in Canada, at least originally. My Id is, at least in my own words, The Curse of Pain." She made sure to look away from everyone. It helped ignore the fact that everyone was paying attention to her, which she generally tried to avoid. "It forces me to feel the pain of everyone around me, and by feel, I mean that I experience it. It comes with only a few benefits."Ann briefly stopped looking in the corner of this room to look at the person in the wheelchair. "For example, um, Marcel, was it? I noticed last night and even today, when you move around, your body aches and hits you with sharp, pin like pains. Is that a recent development? I could help you out with that, if you would like, which it's fine if you don't, I just think that it would be an easier adjustment period for me if I took it to get numb to it faster.

She felt out of breath with those words and realized she made herself and the person in the wheelchair look vulnerable. She, embarrassed, sat back down and hid her face in her red scarf and black hood from her jacket. She felt like she pushed a little too hard into someone else's life. She really just wanted this to be over so she could literally be anywhere else and just be at ease and recover from her mistake.

Raidā didn't sleep last night. He didn't need to, not with the real super power of coffee on his side. He was too excited to sleep anyways, so he spent all of last night making sure he was ready for today. His camcorder was ready, charging through out the night, and an empty tape inside of it. He sighed as he picked it up. It was kinda bulky, needing to be held with both hands. He couldn't wait for tech to march forward and slim them down. He'd do it himself but...

Well, no one wanted to pay for his experiments yet.

He was in the cafeteria at 7 that morning, chugging coffee and eating food. It was kinda empty in here, but hey, that worked out fine for him. He stayed in the far corner, out of sight of everyone unless someone was looking for him. This was needed, for science. As he well knew, people tended to act slightly different when they knew they were being recorded, and he needed them to be as natural as possible.

Around 8:15, Captain Mathilde walked in. Raidā had heard of her through the company grapevine, but he didn't know her personally. She seemed nice enough though, unless that was a front. Not that it mattered to him.

“Gooood morning!” Truly, she was enthusiastic. “Come now, come now, let’s all share a table! After all, it’s easier to do roll call that way, hm?” Oh joy, that would throw the recording plan out the window. However, it didn't really matter, he supposed. He slipped behind everyone, opting to stand a bit away from the table, his recorder running. “I am Captain Mathilde Macha, born in Seattle, Washington, here in the USA. My Id, Scope Sight, means that I can see far away things very, very well. The Major will be joining us shortly, but since you all arrived early, we can use this as a chance to learn about each other!”

A useful Id, but ultimately uninteresting. He could theorize exactly how it worked and would probably work, but there was nothing really new to learn.

"My name is Sergei. Sergei Shustakov," Another person spoke up, one that seemed Russian to him. "I was shipped over here from Russia not long ago, and my Id is called Vitality. It lets my body regenerate at an accelerated pace." Eh, that was boring to. He didn't even have to guess how it worked, although he could guess at its downsides. He said something else, but that wasn't important at all.

"Sup losers." an American was next said. "Austin Rankin from Venice, Los Angeles, California. And let's just say, I'm better in every way than you lot! Not stating an estimate, just a cold hard fact. My Id is called Idposter, and basically...I mimic any one Id I want and I basically just do it better than you." Not scientifically possible. He was obviously boasting about his ability to wield them, but it was an inaccurate boast. Still, he'd be interesting for some study, seeing how his body handled the rapid changes to new Ids.

"My name is Gekkane, Akiko, er, Akiko Gekkane I mean from Japan, Shimonoseki Province,"  Oh, someone from his neck of the woods. Cool cool. "Sorry, I'm still not used to American introductions. My Id I guess is... Truth and Lie? Dunno if that's the best way to put it, but I will say it sucks. I can say two things at once, as long as it's a Truth and a Lie, and can choose who hears which," She then spoke something, what it was didn't matter to him.

What did matter was that this was the first interesting Id. How did that work? Could she bend sound waves in such a way that she could send two messages at once? Was it some sort of mental thing, where she subtly mind controlled someone to hear what she wanted them to? Best part was, he got this on tape, so he could see how it affected recordings!

"Omoshiroi," he muttered under his breath.

"Hello, hello. My name is Cade Laurent. Born in Lyon, France. My Id is... Easier to show, than to explain." As he spoke he bought a single arm up into the air, his hand raising up once it reached the peak, and from his backpack, a steadily flow of books rose up into the air. Was this some sort of telekinesis? Kinda boring, but still more interesting than the Russian and the American. "I can direct books and move them around freely without having to touch them. It's... Simple enough once you see it in action."

Just books? That was... weird.

"Name's Mawcel, was born in N'walins." Oh, new guy. What sort of crazy power would he have? "I call my Id Sado-Masochist, it let's me hurt'cha by using myself as a pincushun. Caws, it's a bit maw complicated then that but that's the jist of it." Well, that didn't tell him anything. At least stab yourself for real as a demonstration. The group so far was kinda boring, although the Id was something worth looking into.

"Um... Hi." Only a few people were left at this point, and a girl decided to step up. "My name is Ann, Ann Fernace, I'm from Coutts in Canada, at least originally. My Id is, at least in my own words, The Curse of Pain. It forces me to feel the pain of everyone around me, and by feel, I mean that I experience it. It comes with only a few benefits."Ann briefly stopped looking in the corner of this room to look at the person in the wheelchair. "For example, um, Marcel, was it? I noticed last night and even today, when you move around, your body aches and hits you with sharp, pin like pains. Is that a recent development? I could help you out with that, if you would like, which it's fine if you don't, I just think that it would be an easier adjustment period for me if I took it to get numb to it faster.

Well, that just sucked. Both as research material, an Id, and for the girl. Anyways, everyone here was boring. He placed the camcorder on the table and walked around, making sure he was in frame of the camera. Time to show them how to have a real introduction!

The Genius Reveals Himself

"Hello, everyone, the genius Tateru Raidā here to spice up the experiment!" He stated with a large grin. "My Id is called Henshin! It lets me... well...," He walked over to Austin, swiping away the man's fork and knife. He held both up in his hands so everyone could see... until they were absorbed into his body, which began to change to match the color of the stainless steel the utensils were made of. "Henshin! Fork Knife Mode!" He struck a pose as a large, knife like blade came out from the back of his left hand and a fork like one came out of his right. He then walked over to Austin, holding his hands over his plate as the fork and knife were ejected from his body, landing on the plate with a clatter. "I hope you all provide me with interesting data," he finished, walking over and grabbing the camcorder, going back to where he was standing. Only one more person to go.

Edited by Saikazo

-April 15th, 2000-
-6:30 AM-

Lucia found herself at a coffee shop, anxiously clutching her mug. She had never been outside of her farm, much less a huge city like this. The coffee here was ok - nothing as good as back home, but it would do right now. She didn't get much sleep at all, both because of her new settings and because of her recurring nightmare. She wondered if she had made a mistake coming with the man that night, as she missed home. However, she had learned a lot about her gift in the short time she had been with them. She wasn't sure how it worked - it defied everything natural - but at least she wasn't going to be turning into goat demons in the middle of the coffee shop. Still, just to be safe, she avoided touching any animal she saw. "Dios mio..." She muttered under her breath, taking another sip of the mediocre cup of joe and letting out a sigh. She was nervous about meeting the others, mainly because her english was... ok. She had taken english classes before being shipped, and she even got some help after getting kidnapped, but she still wasn't very confident in it.

Once her coffee was done, she made her way out of the shop, grabbing her baseball bat and slinging it over her shoulder.

-April 15th, 2000-
-8:05 AM-
-Dining Hall, Diliculo Branch 22-

Luckily, they had provided breakfast for them here. The coffee here was about as good as the one from the coffee shop, and the eggs in front of her were decent. She let out a yawn as she took another bite, before a lady entered the room with a lot of energy. The lady, Captain Mathilda, called everyone over to one of the bigger tables to have everyone sit together. With a shrug, Lucia grabbed her tray and made her way towards the middle, taking a seat with the rest of the others.

As she sat there listening to everyone introduce themselves, she was trying to figure out how she saw going to phrase her introduction in English. Everyone's power - Ids, as she was told previously - were interesting, to say the least. They all seemed to defy any sort of logic, definitely peaked her curiosity as to how any of this worked. When she noticed she was the last to go, she stood up. "Hola!" Lucia said, waving at everyone. "My name is Lucia Emilia Soto Garcia! I come from a farm in Torreón, Mexico. My Id is... well, it does not have name." She said, laughing a bit. "But it lets me touch an animal and copy its body parts for a bit." She wasn't sure if she got the gist of her power out to the others, but that was the best she could form with what she knew. "I wish I could show you but..." She looked around. "There's no animals around. Well, that's not right but..." She planted her hand on the person to her right's shoulder, and her hand began to glow. As it was glowing, she showed the others her hand, and once it was done glowing everyone would see.

A hand.

"...people make for boring use." She said with a laugh, taking her seat once more.

"Wonderful, this group seems like it's gonna work together perfectly!" Maddy clapped her hands together and smiled, "We have some people who seem like natural pairs, and others that seem like they fill similar roles... Don't you think, Major?"

Maddy tilted her head back ever so slightly as the door behind her opened once again, Nika stepping through it. She wore a scowl as she approached the table, taking a seat next to the captain.

"I see you've already met Captain Macha. I am Major Nika Volkov, your commanding officer. You will address me exclusively as Major or Major Volkov... And you shouldn't be so quick to trust." Nika cast a side eye at Maddy, who giggled in response, "As a rule of thumb, other people cannot see it before you let them. It's an ace in the hole. Yet, here you are, telling everyone your Id. This was a test, and you all have failed." Raising a hand to her face to rub the bridge of her nose, Nika sighed, Maddy smiling all the while. "Partial credit to those who gave partial information. Of course, none you have been trained to conceal your information at this point, and I'm sure those nosy recruiters weren't much help in learning proper behavior, either..."

"Sorry about that, everyone. We already know your Ids, as well as lots of personal information about each of you, but... Y'know, this is what the Major wanted, so I had to comply." 

Nika shot Maddy another look as the blonde bonked herself on the head and stuck her tongue out playfully. With another sigh from Nika, she took the reins once more.

"Seeing as the pleasantries are out of the way, we're going to cut to the chase. While Captain Macha is correct about our information, we would like to see it first hand. As such, we will be holding aptitude tests. You may opt for either a sparring match that I will oversee... or receive an inspection in the infirmary with Captain Macha, whichever you think you are more capable of performing in. After all, not all Id are meant for combat, so do not push yourself to be what you cannot be." Nika's voice seemed hard as she spoke, casting her icy gaze over every member of the group, though it seemed to linger slightly longer on some than others. "The time is currently 8:45. You are to report to either the infirmary or the training hall by no later than 9:00. You should have been provided a map when you arrived, and I trust you kept it on you. Tie up any loose ends with conversations or breakfast, and then come find one of us. Do I make myself clear?"

When she had received her response, Nika stood up and turned away in one fluid motion, taking her leave. Maddy looked after her friend, shaking her head slightly, before turning back to the group.

"Despite her cold demeanor, she really is just concerned for everyone's well-being. It's a lot to manage a branch like this, after all. So just have a little fun for now, and make sure you've reported on time! Don't wanna be tardy on your first day! I'll see whoever comes to the infirmary~"

With that, Maddy left in a similar fashion to Nika, though not without waving to the group as she walked out the door. The recruits were left to their own devices, gathered around a single table for the first time, alone with their thoughts and one another.

"I see you've already met Captain Macha. I am Major Nika Volkov, your commanding officer. You will address me exclusively as Major or Major Volkov... And you shouldn't be so quick to trust. As a rule of thumb, other people cannot see it before you let them. It's an ace in the hole. Yet, here you are, telling everyone your Id. This was a test, and you all have failed."

And thus, a genius's pride was wounded. So it was a test, was it? One he had failed as well. It didn't matter if he was given 'partial credit', he had failed to pass, and had his intelligence insulted. He didn't expect the transition from civilian life to active duty to be the easiest, but to be made a fool on the first day?

"Sorry about that, everyone. We already know your Ids, as well as lots of personal information about each of you, but... Y'know, this is what the Major wanted, so I had to comply."

It was such a devious trap as well, making it seemed as if they cared and wanted everyone to get along. He'd have to be careful around them from now on. He wouldn't get caught off guard like that again.

Oh well, he could worry about those things later. He looked down at his recorder, stopping the recorder and rewinding. The moment of truth was now! He stopped right when Akiko began to speak, and listened to the playback carefully. She was speaking normally... and when she began to use her Id... there was nothing but garbled noise. Hmm... how interesting. Perhaps there was a way he could separate the noises into the two things she said, but that would require access to his computer and a digital copy of her voice, something he didn't have at the moment. He would get a lot of mileage out of this one.

Still, they needed to go. "Well, we all better go. Giving us a time limit is probably some other secret test. We fail,they have an excuse to chew us out again," he told the others before heading out himself. Now, there was only one place that made sense for him to be. After all, with a magnificent Id, and a brain like his, there was only one obvious choice! He headed to the infirmary, smiling as he enter. "Hello, hello, I'm here to begin the experiment!"

Basically from where Austin sat, there wasn't a whole lot of possibilities for use to mimic Ids. Going through them all, he figured some. Captain Macha? Probably would work best if he was using a gun...then again, he figured that aside from being able to see far away, not much else. What other Ids were there? Regeneration, whatever 'Truth or Lie' was, the power of books, a literal voodoo doll type ability, the opposite of the voodoo, henshin and of course...animal mimicking. Truth be told, the only ones that Austin truly thought were worth a damn at this point was the regeneration, the henshin one and the animal mimicking.

Everything else? Tch...not worth my damn time...figures. While he was thinking on this, the Major walked in and dropped quite the revelation on them.

"And you shouldn't be so quick to trust. As a rule of thumb, other people cannot see it before you let them. It's an ace in the hole. Yet, here you are, telling everyone your Id. This was a test, and you all have failed."

...excuse me...what? Austin's eyes narrowed a bit, staring towards the Major. This realization upset him to no end, quite to the point where he wanted to stand up, flip his chair and make his way towards the Major before leaving. However, he didn't. His reasoning, she at least made mention that it technically wasn't all their fault.

"Partial credit to those who gave partial information. Of course, none you have been trained to conceal your information at this point, and I'm sure those nosy recruiters weren't much help in learning proper behavior, either..."

A very sharp exhale escaped Austin's mouth, his clenched fists slowly relaxing. What was the whole point of them coming here then? Credit where credit is due, Austin figured that she had a point there. They did say all this without much of a second thought. At the same time however... How bout next time you just have your damn suits tell us from the get go that these things aren't something we should just say out loud...HELL! What's the point of team building if you're gonna do this? Tch...fuckin' figures...

As Austin expressed himself through his thoughts, he heard the Major basically they had two options to head towards: the infirmary or deal with an aptitude test...with sparring. Now that meant a possibility to knock some people out...this brought a smirk to the young man's face. With both the Captain and the Major gone, they were left to their own devices.

"Well, we all better go. Giving us a time limit is probably some other secret test. We fail,they have an excuse to chew us out again."

"Guess we found the over achiever in the room..." Austin snickered, before getting up and kicking his chair forward some. "Still, he's got a point. And I'd rather be told I've 'failed' again this morning. So if you losers don't mind...I'm gonna split." He slid his hands into his pocket and began to make his way off...until he stopped short of Akiko. He looked over at her, making direct eye contact and proceeded to give a devious smirk. "Also lemme be perfectly clear, babe. First, I'd rather not deal with your Id...it sounds pretty boring. And second...heh, if you think that...then keep dreaming. Cause let's be honest...you can't handle this."

With that, Austin tossed a peace sign to the group and walked out and off towards the area that the Major designated for the aptitude test. He also thought of something he didn't think of...he could've picked a moment to sit in with either the hot blonde Captain...or the icy cold Major...and he chose the latter. ...shit...

After Marcel finished some girl started talking. 'The Curse of Pain' she'd called her Id, he would have scoffed if the explanation hadn't at least intrigued him, the empathic ability interested him in it's similarity to his own but what she said to him specifically nearly made him choke.
    "I noticed last night and even today, when you move around, your body aches and hits you with sharp, pin like pains. Is that a recent development? I could help you out with that, if you would like, which it's fine if you don't, I just think that it would be an easier adjustment period for me if I took it to get numb to it faster." She'd just thrown him under the bus like it was nothing, sure everyone could see he had something going on by the chair but he'd hoped to keep the details to himself.

While the couple remaining members explained themselves Marcel couldn't get his mind off of Ann. someone who could understand what he went through wasn't something he could easily wrap his head around, and the way she'd phrased it, she offered to 'take it' she'd certainly caught his interest. He'd have to talk to her as soon as possible, make it clear that he wasn't looking for handouts and that he could deal with his own problems, but at the same time he wanted to know more about her Id, how it worked, how she used it, how it could interact with his own.

His attention snapped back to the present when some other lady, the person in charge apparently, told everyone how stupid they all were for just giving away their powers like that. "'Couse it was a test. Can't believe I was stupid enough to fall foe it." he ridiculed himself as she explained the options for the aptitude test. "S'pose I'll just head wh'eva that girl goes." Marcel figured it didn't matter much, a medical exam wasn't the best way to show what his Id could do and he wasn't really built for fighting having spend most his life moving as little as possible, either way he doubted the results would be in his favor.

When she did decide to get going Marcel followed. "Ann right? Just so ya know I'm not looking for sympathy or nothing, but what you said 'bout 'taking it', I was hoping you could explain all that."

Ann had calmed down. She had lowered her hood down, to witness the entrance of the Major. The Major, she could tell, was one of those people who were serious all of the time. That was fine, focus was always an admirable trait. She watched her and the Captain leave the room, and then thought about her next move. She could go to the examination and play it safe, but she felt like she needed to redeem herself after just embarrassing herself.

Ann was sort of inspired by what the Major had told them, leaving a few aces in the hole. Well, she wanted to use one. It had been almost a year since her last fight. She remembered it well. It actually led to her being found, being beaten so bad that somebody called the ambulance. And over what? 'Over a stale loaf of bread.' She thought about painfully. 'At least I can remember what it felt like and how I can do it.'

She was about to go find the training hall, when she heard Marcel speak to her. She had thrown him under the bus, and yet he still wanted to speak with her? She started to walk to the training hall, and when she saw him follow, she started speaking to him.

"So, have you ever seen it rain on a large body of water?" She asked him. "The rain is pain, the water is the world, and I am a lily pad on the water. I feel the shock waves, and sometimes I almost drown under the force of the pain." She waited for him to come closer. "And sometimes, if I wish it..." She touched him on the arm, and felt his pain wash over her. "The rain lands on me."

Ann's pain absorption lasted only for few seconds before she released it back to Marcel. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to make you seem weak, I first and foremost care about helping people with there pain." She said as she continued her walk. "I hate keeping this water metaphor going, but your pain is like the tide coming in, a tide made of pine and sowing needles.Even with increased pain tolerance, that hurt a lot more than the waves I feel from you.

They had made it to the training hall, where the Major and where Austin, the 'hey-I'm-better-than-you' guy. She almost hoped he would copy her Id, creating a potentially sobering experience for him. She just decided that she had yet to see the true person and not just a facade, and would simply wait to see what would happen with him next, so on she waited, thinking about strategy, and thinking about how pain transferred from Marcel.

Edited by JellisOP

Untitled.png

"This was a test, and you all have failed."

Major Nika Volkov... Sergei had never heard of her before just now. And she was making a pretty poor first impression. Of course he hadn't been trained in witholding that sort of information. All the recruiters had told him was "Keep Ids a secret from the masses" after all. Diluculo was - being made up of Id-users - decidedly not the masses. So telling his teammates what he did was fine, right? The Captain had even told them to share some info about themselves, and led off with her own Id, leaving a sense of assumption that others were to spill the beans on their Ids too. Simply put, the test was deceitful at best, and rigged at worst.

Could it be that Major Volkov is new to this job?

Not that he would ask her that directly. Not yet anyway. For now, everyone had fifteen minutes to finish eating and report to either the infirmary or the training hall. Sergei was - as he always was lately - in perfectly good health, so heading to the infirmary seemed like a waste of time. If he was here to perform various operations to better the world, he didn't need a physical or a check-up. He needed training.

"Well, we all better go. Giving us a time limit is probably some other secret test. We fail,they have an excuse to chew us out again."

"Guess we found the over achiever in the room... Still, he's got a point. And I'd rather not be told I've 'failed' again this morning. So if you losers don't mind...I'm gonna split."

"Guess we found the overachiever," Sergei repeated once the actual overachiever had left. The boy who said he could use anyone's Id better than them. That seemed more like an overachiever than someone not wanting to be tardy on day one. Wasting no time taking down the rest of his food, Sergei gave the rest of the group a friendly wave before unceremoniously heading out. Didn't want to be late, after all.

Early bird gets the worm.

When he got to the training hall, he was met with the Major, and a few other Diluculo members. Austin, the overachiever, and Marcel and Ann who both dealt with pain. Sergei  wondered what it would be like to fight somebody with the same Id as him as he thought more about Austin's Id in particular. Come to think of it, what did the Major do? It had to be something impressive, right?

<Good morning, Major,> Sergei greeted in his mother tongue. Whoops. That was supposed to be in English. The name "Nika Volkov" tripped him up there, still being so used to being surrounded by other Russians speaking Russian. For all he knew, she was born and raised here and didn't speak the language at all. "Er, good morning. Sergei Shustakov, reporting in for training."

Cade frowned. He already found a way to disagree with the superiors here, that certainly wasn't a good sign. This was a strange situation for them to be in already, and if they were going to work together to any degree, it was important that they be able to talk and trust one another... As best as they could, at least. Creating an air of distrust already? That was definitely a 'bold' strategy.

Of course, he wasn't going to SAY that, despite really wanting to. Ultimately, it wasn't his goal to disrupt the peace around here. No, that would run the risk of getting him removed, and heaven forbid that happen.

He bit his tongue lightly as he folded his hands together on the table in front of him, fingers laced as he took a little sigh. The other powers here that followed him up were interesting at least. A pair that seemed to focus entirely around pain, they may have to be kept apart a little bit...

The attribute thief was certainly something he would have to keep in mind. Who knows what kind of havoc he could cause with the ability to absorb things like that? It would definitely be a sight to behold!

And last... Was another form of attribute theft, this time in the form of animals. One for inanimation, one for living creatures, how interesting. It seemed there was no one quite like him, Sergei, or the Akiko girl... Assuming you didn't count Mr. Copycat, of course.

With the introductions fully done, it was time for them to consider whether it was better for them to go for the sparing match... Or a boring physical.

"Well, we all better go. Giving us a time limit is probably some other secret test. We fail,they have an excuse to chew us out again."  

He wasn't wrong. They didn't need much of a reason to get more scoldings, and Cade was very curious to see what the training ground sparring was going to warrant exactly. Just how would this group use their abilities in a combat sense? It was too tempting to just ignore the possibility... "I suppose it's time to head out, I already know what I want to see."

· · ─────── ·?· ─────── · ·

Of course he chose the former. He might not have much in the way of combat training, but he has a Id that he has a decent grasp over at this point. Single-mindedly focusing on learning to control it... Along with a few extra experiments here and there, he felt he could at least hold his own enough to make this worth it. He was used to being underestimated.

He entered the training grounds with no fanfare, he wasn't prepared to see the two pain related ones here. He figured, at the very least, the one who was required to hurt himself was going to go with the physical and make sure he was prepared for this. Seeing Copycat and Sergei both here wasn't surprising, they both had quirks that could be used in combat from the sounds of it. He made his way towards the group, his bag slung over his shoulder as he did. The Russian boy was greeting the Major now, is that what they were supposed to do upon getting here? Either way, he fell into line with the group, waiting for their orders on how this will actually work.

He didn't want to interrupt the others, so he just settled into place, a book sliding out from his bag and into the air in front of him as he scanned the room, occasionally turning his attention back to it and then the others. How long the wait was going to be wasn't at the forefront of his mind, but a good read between then and now wouldn't hurt anything, he was going to have to bring out the books at some point anyway.

Akiko seemed to give a small eyebrow raise at that. Really? Not like telling a quirk she had no idea what could actually really do hurt much of anything. Suppose she's got a point but doesn't look like everyone agrees. She lets out a small sigh, she didn't figure she'd be very useful anyways, even as support for the one who had to rely on the powers of others. She opened her mouth to speak before seeing the back of the Major already turned and walking off, "Damn..."

She turned towards Austin, giving a small wave, "Ah, you must be one of the one's that weren't forced into this whole mess. Trust me I'd avoid this hellhole if I had the choice, I already tried to run off a couple times. Got caught every time cuz as far as I'm concerned I agree with ya, this Id's pretty trash. Sorry I can't be of any help." She gave a small stretch as she stood up, seemingly unfazed by his attempt as she let out a laugh, starting to head off to the infirmary. Like hell she would ever get involved in the middle of combat, her Id couldn't even do anything remotely helpful!

She stopped for a moment to think. Everyone's quirk definitely seemed like it had more uses than hers. She gave a small rub to the back of her neck, letting out a sigh, "Why am I here again? They totally could've had me run off and be fine... I guess I... don't really have a home anymore though but still.../You know you don't want a home, stop being such a selfish girl and listen to them."

Akiko strolled into the infirmary, stopping in her tracks as she saw... one other person. "Uuuuuh..." She gives a small look around, looking behind the door, "We're not seriously the only two who came in here are we? There were others with... obviously... very obviously non-combat Ids." She sighs, before seeming to perk up and give a grin, "Hey, you're Fork/Knife Guy!"

She seemed a bit more at ease as she went up to him, holding her hand out for a shake, "It's a bit more proper to shake hands, right?" She rubbed the back of her neck a bit awkwardly, "Your Id seemed so much more interesting than mine. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous of everyone else, even if some aren't exactly uh... socially aware." She hoped it was fairly obvious who she was referring to.

"And as far as giving away information and what Major Volkswagon/Volkov was on about, she can suck it. We're meant to be companions or team members at the very least, yeah? I don't really know how my Id works or the like, so I'm not even sure if I told everything about it... I guess I think I'm a more... recent user of mine then everyone else seems to be? I'd be happy to answer anything you or anyone else wants to know about it, maybe it would help me learn more about it too if I'm asked a question I can put some thought into rather than just the power questions the recruiter gives/if I'm asked a question that actually has some thought put into it unlike the brainless lists of the recruiters."

Lucia frowned as she was told that their introduction was some sort of test, and they had failed. Their Ids were suppose to be secretive, so it wasn't all too surprising that they'd be hit with something like this, but the idea of failing the first test given to her didn't sit too well with her. "Oh well..." She said with a sigh, standing back up again with her baseball bat. She might have failed this little test, but so did everyone else, plus now she knew what everyone else's Ids were. Either way, they now had to go through some sort of investigation of their Ids, either through a tried and true examination or the old fashioned way. While the physical exams sounded more fun, she was curious to know exactly how she was able to do what she did. She'd be missing out on some fun, but she was used to that. She had to know as much as she could about her Id. Plus, she doubted that she could actually show off her Id unless they specifically prepared for her.

She glanced at the others, who seemed eager to show off what they can do. She simply scoffed, grinning as she started making her way out the door. "Well I hope you all have fun with those exams. I am going to go to the inf... infirmary." She stumbled a bit at the last word, waving at everyone as she made her way towards the infirmary.

When she got there, as expected, there weren't many people here. Only the other morphing guy and the truth/lie girl were here. She was pretty sure no one else was coming - as much as she hated to admit it, she had gotten even with the map they provided - the place was so big! She doubted anyone else was going to show up. She waved at the two. "Hola!" She said, placing her baseball bat on her shoulder. "I guess it's just us three that are here, huh? Well, hopefully we learn more about each other... which, despite what she says, I think is a good thing."

-April 15th, 2000-
-9 AM-
-Training Grounds, Diluculo Branch 22-

Nika had waited patiently as five of the recruits had piled in. She had expected an even split, but when two of them came as a duo, it became less likely. As her subordinates had entered, the room they found would be about the size of a basketball court, complete with a small set of bleachers on one side of the room. There were hatches on the floor at either end of the long room, as well as what looked to be projectors lining the walls. Curiously, they all seemed to be pointed directly at the ground in front of them, instead of upward. Finally, there was a closet along the same wall as the entrance, sitting open. As the clock struck 9, she picked up a small cooler began to move towards the ones that had gathered, only for Sergei to beat her to the punch.

<Good morning, Major,> Nika cocked a brow at the young man as he corrected himself, "Er, good morning. Sergei Shustakov, reporting in for training."

"I'm glad you corrected yourself, but please make sure you use English in the future, Shustakov. After all, it's the one language all of you can communicate in, as well as the language quickly on the rise in the world. However, I doubt I have to tell you that."

Walking past Sergei with her hands behind her back, Nika positioned herself about the same distance from each of the recruits, before raising her voice. 

"Well, there are some faces I didn't expect to see here. Can't say I'm upset with that, either, but let's cut to the chase. Laurent, Shustakov, and Rankin will be sparring each other in the center of the room. I would have preferred to have you in one versus ones, but that's not the situation we find ourselves in. Never forget that adapting is important. If you desire weapons for your fight, there are some basic options in the closet just over there, though there are nor fire arms. Once you're all ready to start, go for it. I'll be watching from the bleachers." Turning to the two remaining, Nika motioned to where she was headed. "I understand that you need to pierce your skin in order to activate your Id, Barrett, so I suggest you grab something smaller from the closet. There are some thumbtacks, safety pins, and sewing needles in there just for you. You will be trying to inflict pain on me with your ability while we observe the other three. Similarly, Fernace, you will be joining us... Except I want you to focus on my pain. I want you to tell Barrett when he has successfully caused me so much as discomfort. If I've made myself clear, get to it. You have five minutes to prepare."

-----

-April 15th, 2000-
-9 AM-
-Infirmary, Diluculo Branch 22-

When the three who headed to the infirmary arrived, they would find a larger room than the name suggested. Looking more like the pristine ICU of a hospital, a number of gurneys and beds lined the room, as well as a door in the back labeled 'Lab'.

"Eh, you three are all? That's a bit of a shame, I wanted to see what that voodoo kid could do."

The three who had arrived would hear a male voice from behind them, only to turn around to find both the captain and a blonde man, ever so slightly shorter than her, standing at her side in a lab coat. He adjusted his glasses and cleared his voice before continuing. 

"However, I am pleased with you three. Two of you are fairly easy to study, while the last of you is quite interesting."

"Manners, Alek! You can ramble at them all you want after you properly introduce yourself!"

"Ah, yes. I am the officer stationed here in the infirmary, Aleksander Pavlov. Call me Alek. I may be your superior, but you'll find that I'm not fussed about it and easy to get along with. My interests incl-"

"Enough Alek! Jesus, you're the perfect opposite of Nika..." Maddy sighed and shook her head, walking in and setting a box with small holes on a desk near the door, "Anyway, our resident medic will be helping me administer tests! After all, Lucia needed his help a bit if she was going to show off, hm~?"

"Quite. Here, miss Lucia, take this." Alek handed the latina girl a vial with a light red gelatin jello-like substance inside, "I was told that your Id takes an hour to cool down due to bodily stress, and that you used it this morning. Ingesting this should enable you to be able to use it sooner. Then you'll find a creature in that box Mathilde placed on my desk. Please use your ability on it. Do not worry, it cannot harm you." He then turned to Raida, "Similarly, there are a lot of inanimate objects in this room, ranging from medical equipment to plastic implements. I ask that you show us how your ability works, so that I can analyze the specifics. Just please avoid damaging anything that is vital. I assume you know which is which, given your background."

"Aaand that brings us to Akiko!! All you have to do is talk to us, and alternate between which we can hear. Truth for me, lie for Alek. Then the opposite. And then both, if you can! We'll be recording you as you speak, so that we can see how useful you'll be in regards to communications. Seems like the best field for you, with your skill set, hm?"

"Please, begin whenever you are ready," Alek spoke barely above a mutter as he grabbed a clipboard, "I'm excited to see what we can learn about how to help each of you."

-April 15th, 2000-
-9 AM-
-Training Grounds, Diluculo Branch 22-

"Well, there are some faces I didn't expect to see here. Can't say I'm upset with that, either, but let's cut to the chase. Laurent, Shustakov, and Rankin will be sparring each other in the center of the room. I would have preferred to have you in one versus ones, but that's not the situation we find ourselves in. Never forget that adapting is important. If you desire weapons for your fight, there are some basic options in the closet just over there, though there are nor fire arms. Once you're all ready to start, go for it. I'll be watching from the bleachers."

The sparring match instead turned into somewhat of a free-for-all match with three people. Austin glanced over at the two he was up against: Sergei, the Russian "Super Soldier" from what he was explaining. Regeneration was a pretty good Id, so it'd be interesting to see how he'd fair. Then there was Cade, the Bookworm...literally. Basically a person with the power to bend books to his will. What was worse, was THAT was one of the Ids he could...

So glad I didn't go into specific details on how I can mimic Ids... Austin thought, doing his best to remain cool under this pressure. Those that gave a demonstration of what their Id can do, actually helped me. The others who didn't demonstrate anything, sort of did the opposite. Just observations are what make this little Id of mine work properly. With an exhale, moved over towards the weapon's closet, whilst still in deep thought. Alright Austin, the ones who gave you a demonstration are...Bookworm...the Truth or Lie girl...the Animal Mimicry chick...and of course, the over achiever.

This was a bit of a conundrum. Truth be told, he was sort of not expecting to see Bookworm here...especially when he had to fight him as well. So mimicking his Id while fighting him probably wasn't the best idea. Regardless, he figured he'd keep that idea in mind...just for a surprise attack. He doubted that this place would have animals to utilize for the other Id...so that left one left: Henshin. Now that Id...well...

Seems I know what thing I'm going for then. Austin thought, a smirk forming on his face as he arrived at the closet, grabbing what seemed to be a nice sized chain. He had seen a few thugs back in California use things like this as both something to swing about and as well as something to wrap around their arms and fist...for more damage in the vein of punches. Plus adding that Henshin power with this...well, it'll end up gone but that'll be some nice assistance there!

Austin chuckled to himself, turning around and just swinging the chain around in quite the flashy style. "Heh...got my weapon. Guess you two better hurry on up...otherwise I just might attack right now."

"Laurent, Shustakov, and Rankin will be sparring each other in the center of the room. I would have preferred to have you in one versus ones, but that's not the situation we find ourselves in. Never forget that adapting is important."

Adapting, hm? It wasn't exactly the most thorough explanation, but really, what more was there to be said about this? They were going to fight. It was unfortunate that he had to fight the endurance man, he couldn't exactly wear him down through attrition if he just never got tired. That was going to be a little bit... Frustrating.

Mr. Copycat on the other hand was a nuisance on another end. Even though his Id did take practice to use properly, he would be able to move the books either way and possibly mess with whatever plans he had, which means things had to be less of a setup and more of an instinct game, this time. He would have to play more aggressively than he would like...

The closet. Was there anything in there that would even be that useful for him to mess around with? He made his way to the closet after dropping his campus bag towards the sidelines of where they were going to fight, stepping into the closet to start looking at the options they were given. He wasn't exactly very well versed on how to use most of these things, but... A knife certainly wouldn't hurt to pick up. He dug around in the closet for a moment to find one that came with a sleeve and a strap to slide it up his sleeve, before grabbing a shield to attach to his left arm. It was small... But that just meant it wouldn't get in the way of his movements too much. He stepped back into the main spot of the room, stretching a tiny bit as he did.

"Heh...got my weapon. Guess you two better hurry on up...otherwise I just might attack right now."

Cade rolled his eyes a little bit at the display from Austin, he wasn't surprised about it, the guy seemed pretty intense in his... Attitude before, so seeing him ready to brawl without a warning didn't surprise him. He took a stance near the center of the room, where Nika had indicated where they were going to fight, "Already so impatient? I guess I can't blame you, I've never flexed my Id in a situation like this before..." He planted his feet firmly on the ground, the arm without the shield lifting up into the air suddenly, forming a fist as books flew from his backpack, five large textbooks forming a vertical 'wall' right next to him.

"It'll definitely be new."

"So you want me ta try hurtin' you? I think I can do that." Marcel tried to make it seem as if it was a simple task as he rummaged through the closet grabbing every sharp object he could, an unopened pack of thumbtacks, a mini sewing kit, and, while he was sure no one was looking, a small knife he easily hid between his back and his chair just in case.

He looked over the small collection unsure. In truth Marcel hadn't quite mastered his Id yet, after initially discovering his ability he became addicted to the bliss the lack of pain gave him and was able to wield it with ease for a few months but as his anger and resentment towards his victims faded it seemed his power did as well. Marcel figured his Id was fueled by his hate for his target but after further investigation that didn't seem to be it either, it was more like his anger and desperation had given him a particular focus that had allowed him to transfer all his suffering.

"S'pose I'll start with somethin' simple." He said looking first to Ann then to the Major. "I usually shove a pin into my hand so that'll be the place to start." Marcel opened the sewing kit and jabbed a needle into his palm as deep as he could only to immediately recoil.

"Not enough focus." he thought and removed the needle from his hand slowly. "Gotta think about her hand, not mine." he chastised before making a second attempt only to pull back the second it touched his skin. "Come on! Can't go and chicken out, 'specially in front of that show off." He looked towards the sparring group who were currently picking out weapons and floating books. For his third try Marcel took a different route, instead of a single needle he grabbed a handful of the thumbtacks and, before he could let himself think, quickly stabbed them into his left arm running up just past his wrist to his shoulder.

Marcel was soon met with the peace of numbness he longed for and, as if to demonstrate, stood up from his chair and stretched in a lax fashion, moving more fluidly and without the careful, jerking, nature of someone in constant pain."I don't really know which one did it or how long it'll last but that's about all I've tried with it so far, not sure what'll happen if I go for somethin' bigga."

Untitled.png

"Well, there are some faces I didn't expect to see here. Can't say I'm upset with that, either, but let's cut to the chase. Laurent, Shustakov, and Rankin will be sparring each other in the center of the room. I would have preferred to have you in one versus ones, but that's not the situation we find ourselves in. Never forget that adapting is important. If you desire weapons for your fight, there are some basic options in the closet just over there, though there are no fire arms."

A three-man free-for-all, is it? Sergei followed his opponents-to-be to the closet, looking at all the basic weapons lying around. Simple, fairly non-lethal stuff. Although, calling anything "non-lethal" from Sergei's perspective may have been cheating. There was a lot here to choose from. But what Sergei finally settled on was quite a bit more mundane than the shield Cade had picked up, or Austin's chain. It was a pair of boxing gloves. He never had any intentions of participating himself, but he had to admit, Sergei was always quite fond of boxing.

Though I guess with how heavy I am on my feet, I wouldn't be a very good boxer. That seems more like a wrestler's kind of trait. Still, only one way to find out.

Sergei put on the gloves, stepping out of the closet ready to trade some blows with the others in the center of the room. Austin also seemed raring to go, based on his threat to suddenly start the fight if nobody did anything. Cade responded with the use of his own Id, forming a wall of books in addition to the shield he had picked up. Several stupid dares he'd seen thrown around in late-night college parties told him that getting through the actual shield would be easier than getting through the books. And stories of one notorious math professor told Sergei that he didn't want to get hit by those things if they were sent flying.

Suddenly, the extra range Austin's chain afforded him seemed like a trifle. But still something that had to be dealt with.

That's why Sergei made the first actual move, charging right in Austin's direction. He took care to keep his arms up, covering his chest and face, until he was within arm's reach and could throw out a right hook at the other combatant.

Well, it seemed coming here was the best idea he had all day. There was someone that held his passion for research came in, and even better, didn't beat around the bush with some fake tests and showings of superiority. His kind of people. He began to explain what he wanted each to do, the Japanese genius listening and nodding as he followed along.

"Similarly, there are a lot of inanimate objects in this room, ranging from medical equipment to plastic implements. I ask that you show us how your ability works, so that I can analyze the specifics. Just please avoid damaging anything that is vital. I assume you know which is which, given your background." He did in fact have a decent idea of what was vital and what would be damaged or not. "Please, begin whenever you are ready," Alek spoke barely above a mutter as he grabbed a clipboard, "I'm excited to see what we can learn about how to help each of you."

"Well, I dunno, I was just told we shouldn't just show our Ids all willy nilly," Raidā stated a bit sarcastically, raising an eyebrow.  "And you all know about so much about our Ids already," Okay, he was being petty now. "Well, I suppose I can make an exception for a fellow scientist," he finally relented, walking around and looking for some items. Finally, he settled on a syringe, a pair of goggles, and a Bunsen burner.

"There are two ways I can interact with an item," Raidā explained as he snapped the googles over his eyes. "I can do one item at a time, and by doing that, my whole body will take the properties of the absorbed item," As he said that, the googles were absorbed into his body, said body turning clear and plastic-like. "Absorbing these googles likely will allow me to act like a shield against chemicals and bright flashes of lights, although I imagine I am a fair bit flimsier in this form,"

The goggles were soon ejected from his body, falling to the floor as he picked up the syringe in his left hand and the Bunsen Burner in his right hand. "When I absorb two items, each half of my body will take the properties of one of the items," He explained as he absorbed the two items, his left side turning plastic like as his arm morphed into a syringe, his hand becoming a needle while his right side turned metallic, a knob appearing on his shoulder and a nozzle over his hand. "I have some theories about what I can do with this dual absorbing, but until I find an example of my theories being more than theories, I shall keep them to myself," With that, he placed his hands over the table, placing the two items back on the table as he reverted to normal. "Now that we have completed that..," he ran over to one of the recording devices. "This Id has me intrigued, I want to study it the best I can!" he stated with a grin as he waited for Akiko's experiment to begin. He was so excited!

Edited by Saikazo

Akiko gives a small nod, "Truth be told I don't even know if it works as a truth and lie, but that seems to be the way I've been able to... seperate them consciously I guess?" She takes in a small breath, turning to attempt and register her Id between Mathilde and Alek, "I am speaking to Captain Mathilde/I am speaking to the Queen of England, who has knighted the only homosexual Russian in this facility." She gave a small giggle at her joke.

She then turned and hummed, trying to register the opposite voices for them, "I haven't practiced using my Id for personal use/I may need therapy." She scratches her cheek a bit, puffing her cheeks out, "Uuuh... I think that's the best I've really got. My Id kinda... y'know, sucks." She gives a small pout, "I guess I've never heard it through a recording, might be something new I suppose!" 

She glances over to Tateru, "I mean, okay I gotta be kinda curious, what on earth could you think was interesting about my... Id?" She gives a small frown, "Especially when you have such a cool one!" She sighed and shook her head, giving a small shrug, before turning back to the Captain and Alek, "Hopefully that was satisfying enough, I admit I don't exactly use this too much... As I said earlier I'm... completely new to however this stuff works, there's probably stuff I don't know about. I uh... seriously only found out about it last week." She goes to sit in one of the chairs dotted in the infirmary, looking a bit awkward, "I'm really hoping maybe there's... something really cool I don't know about..."