Blake

Diluculo de Inhio [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

"Already so impatient? I guess I can't blame you, I've never flexed my Id in a situation like this before...It'll definitely be new."

Austin glanced at Cade, noticing what was going on almost immediately. Not only did the Bookworm get a shield...but the other arm was literally a giant fist of books. He blinked a few times, truly not expecting that. Still, this gave him a new avenue for that book controlling Id...so good on this Bookworm for showing him more about that power of his. However, between the shield and book fist, he also had to deal with Sergei who had boxing gloves.

Russian boxer, huh? Tch...what is this, Rocky IV? Austin thought, about ready to do something but immediately saw Sergei moving...targeting him first. SHIT! Already?!

The young man found himself with the Russian keeping his defenses up, but preparing a right hook. Without much of a thought, Austin gripped the chain in his hands while it was wrapped around his left and lifted his arms up to block it...his left arm out in front to take the damage. Or would he? The chain wrapped around his left arm was instantly absorbed into his body, his left arm now being solid iron, to which he was pushed back a slight bit.

Alright...it worked. Heh, 15 minutes to utilize over-achiever's Id to my advantage. Austin thought, smirking as he pushed back slightly, unaware of the time limit the Id he copied had itself. "Heh, targeting me first, eh? Won't lie...pretty smart move." he snickered, tossing on his hood. "Still, if anything you should've just started with Bookworm over there." He started to make a move, doing a bit of fancy footwork to attempt to have Sergei not know where the guy was coming from. However...

In the moment he was planning to strike Sergei, he turned suddenly and with some veracity in his eyes, swung his left arm at Cade. It would be either the Bookworm blocked it with the shield, therefore pushing him back a bit or he'd possibly meet it head on with the book hand. C'mon Bookworm, let's see if your just that in name or not!

"Huh?" Lucia said, grabbing the weird vial given to her by the scientist. Supposedly, this was suppose to calm down her body from the side effects of her Id. Her hand was still tingling from copying the hand, even though it ultimately led to nothing. It didn't look appealing to drink, although it wasn't completely disgusting. With a nod, she quickly drank the mysterious liquid. The taste of strawberry and iron filled her mouth as she felt her hand jerk slightly, a burning sensation flaring up for a second. The tingling on her palm had gone away, as if the liquid had burned away. "Well then..." She said in disbelief, staring at her hand. She then turned towards the box, a nervous feeling crawling on her back. Slowly, she made her way towards the box and, lifting up the lid, she let out a gasp.

In the box was a tarantula, staring right back at her. She froze for a second, before remembering what Alek had said to her. "You'll be fine... you'll be fine..." She muttered to herself, taking a deep breath. She wasn't afraid of the spider; she had seen her fair share of large critters, this wasn't anything to worry about. She was more worried about what she'd become when she touched the hairy spider. Still, she couldn't let fear stop her now - she had to know how her Id worked. Nodding slightly, she slowly reached over and touched the spider, waiting for the results.

Almost instantly, she felt a creeping sensation as she clutched her head. "Aaahh!" Four hairy, black and orange limbs resembling spider legs jutted out of her back as small, beady black eyes grew out of her face underneath her eyes. She took a deep breath as her transformation seemed to end, her long spider legs from her back trailing behind her like coattails. Without turning her head, she took a look around the room as she opened her mouth, her teeth replaces with a pair of sleek black fangs. She took a quick look at her now hairy palms, taking a deep breath. "So... now what?" She said, clenching her fist.

Sergei's charge directly at Austin gave him a moment to plan his own movements, and when that charge began, his stance shifted. His feet moved from being widely planted apart to being much closer together, his arms moving to be parallel to each other, fingers spread out with his shield arm slightly further out. The shield was definitely not in an effective position to block now...

Not that it would matter too much. His plan, in the end, wasn't going to involve too much blocking with it either way, he really doubted it would do much to deter these two. He grinned as he watched Sergei's attack run towards Austin first, prompting the Copycat to use his first copied Id already. That absorption Id, no less. That one was certainly going to be weird to fight against, but at the very least he knew what trigger had been pulled first... He just has to hope that there isn't another surprise waiting for him.

Oh wait, another surprise. Austin had decided the best way to attack Sergei was to charge at him instead, of course. His feet quickly shifted as he sidestepped to the left, putting him in a better spot for him to bring his right hand up into the air, fingers pointing upwards as the books promptly moved like a wave. Three of those large textbooks met Austin's punch head on, halting his advance right there. The books shook from the impact, if it wasn't for his Id they would've went flying... And if not for Austin absorbing that chain, he probably would've had quite the pain in his hand from it.

The two remaining books began to orbit in the air around Austin, opposite of each other, as he made a quick chopping motion with his left hand, palm facing upwards. The book on Austin's right quickly chucked itself towards his leg, aiming for the boy's ankle as the other book orbiting him returned right towards the little collection of books hovering in front of him.

Even if he could meet that attack head on himself, it didn't seem smart. Putting a bit of distance between him and his opponents was the best thing for him to do, to make sure he had room...

Ann had not expected to be the person who confirmed whether or not Marcel could do what he claimed he could do. She was actually raring to fight, but she did not object. It would at least give some clarity on how his power worked, and whether or not she could use her power in conjunction with his.

She made sure to sit down first, sitting cross legged on the floor with her eyes closed, immersed in her world of punishment, took deep breaths, and waited. And Waited more. Impatiently, she opened her eyes to look at Marcel, who had only just came back from the weapon's closet. "Are you going to just get this over with, or ..." She started to say, before he pushed a needle into his hand.

She immediately regretted opening her eyes. She immediately shut them, began breathing deeply, and waited for it to pass, which it did. The second tinge was light, barely noticeable at all. However, the third started with a ping of pricks on Marcel's arm, and then they disappeared and reappeared on Major Nika's arm, albeit much weaker. Ann opened to find Marcel standing, free from his normal pain, and the Major acting very coolly, appearing unaffected, except for the fact that the Major's arm seemed darker than normal. 

Ann was distracted, however, by the battle that was going on in this gym. She realized that if she had fought, she would be dang near useless against anyone but the Regenerating Russian. If she were to bet on the victor, it would be the bookworm. He simply had enough range to keep either of them at bay. However, Ann thought of something. If the Absorbing Id was used on a book, then could Cade control that person? It was one question in the sea of questions that had formed inside of this sea of pain she lived in.

"Marcel, I know your celebrating a relieve from your pain, but just so you know, I didn't think pricking yourself with pins up and down your arm caused only slight discomfort. I expected it to hurt. Is there some pain dampener, or...?" She asked, hoping someone would fill her in.

-April 15th, 2000-
-9:10 AM-
-Training Grounds, Diluculo Branch 22-

Nika observed the trio as they began their battle, arms crossed. From the initial scene, one would think that the battle favored the book wielder, but the major wasn't sure that was the case. Despite his abilities, he looked like the physically weakest of the three. As if a strong breeze could take him out. If his defense was good enough, perhaps Cade would win, but it seemed just as likely that Sergei would take the crown. Casting a glance at Austin, the boy seemed to be the most eager of the three to indulge in combat, even if he wasn't the first to move. Glancing at her watch, Nika sighed and shook her head. That one had a lot to learn.

Looking back to the duo she was directly overseeing, Marcel had finished preparing as he addressed her.

"Alright, you may begin."

After a few attempts, Marcel had managed to cause a twinge of pain in her arm, but nothing beyond mild muscle ache. Curious. The way she read his file, she assumed that the pain was transferred by...

"I don't really know which one did it or how long it'll last but that's about all I've tried with it so far, not sure what'll happen if I go for somethin' bigga."

"Marcel, I know your celebrating a relieve from your pain, but just so you know, I didn't think pricking yourself with pins up and down your arm caused only slight discomfort. I expected it to hurt. Is there some pain dampener, or...?" Ann asked, hoping someone would fill her in.

"Hm... We'll go again." Nika replied to the two, reaching into the cooler to produce a vial full of a dark red gelatin-like substance, "I believe I understand what happened. I noticed you focused on the parts of my body as you applied your Id... So try and focus on me as a 'target' instead. Transfer the pain you feel from your body to my mind, not to my body. If you start to bleed too much, drink that and keep going. I will warn you that it tastes like cherry and iron blended together."

-----

-April 15th, 2000-
-9:10 AM-
-Infirmary, Diluculo Branch 22-

"Well, I dunno, I was just told we shouldn't just show our Ids all willy nilly. You all know about so much about our Ids already. Well, I suppose I can make an exception for a fellow scientist."

"Please do not be so hard on Major Nika. After al-"

"That's classified, Alek."

For the first time since the recruits met Maddy that morning, they heard a harsh voice escape her lips. Commanding. It made it clear how she was a captain, in contrast to her normal demeanor. Her face didn't seem to carry the same harsh sentiment as her voice, instead holding a nicer expression.

"Right, yes, sorry. Anyway... your Id is quite interesting. Formshifts are quite rare, especially one that involves consuming or fusing with something. I wonder, did your parents have Ids? Or are they Idless? My, there's so much to look into... Ah, but let's come back to this later!"

"I can handle the rest," Maddy spoke, the warmth back in her voice, "You two can just watch and I'll handle them. After all, I don't think these girls want to hear you go on too much, thought maybe Raida should stick with you after this. You seem like a great match!"

"I suppose so... If that's alright with Raida, I will give him a tour and a general overview later."

"Perfect! Now, for you, Akiko..."

Akiko gives a small nod, "Truth be told I don't even know if it works as a truth and lie, but that seems to be the way I've been able to... seperate them consciously I guess? I am speaking to Captain Mathilde/I am speaking to the Queen of England, who has knighted the only homosexual Russian in this facility."

Maddy listened intently as the showcase went on, hitting pause on a recording device as Akiko finished up. When played back, the first sentence was completely coherent, but the latter was... Gibberish? Pure, unmistakable gibberish.

"Well, that's disappointing," Alek interjected after hearing the playback, "I though that Miss Akiko would be good at telecommunications, but it appears I was wrong."

"Wrong how?" Maddy cocked her head to the side, "I heard her just fine... Thought it was only the part about 'I am speaking to Captain Mathilde' again."

"How strange..." Alek muttered, "You said that you don't know your Id very well, Miss Akiko, but have you tried it with, say, walky talkies? You could step out into the hallway with one, and we can test you in here."

"I don't think we have any on hand... If you and Raida want to go secure a pair, we can do that next."

"B-but what about Miss Lucia?" Alek pouted, earning a whisper in reply from Maddy.

"You can observe her later. Given how she's shifting about, I don't think she's quite comfortable, so please?"

With a sigh, Alek walked out, signalling for Raida to follow. Once the boys had left, Maddy turned back to Lucia as she shifted in place with her spider form. The girl reacted in a way that made it seem like she was fully aware of her surroundings, but not necessarily her own form.

"How do you feel? Like a webslinger? Is it uncomfortable or anything? And do the spider legs on your back respond? This really is fascinating when it's not just... y'know..." The captain lifted her hand and waved it, laughing softly, "I can tell your eyes work like a spider's, and I'm sure those fangs do... So what can you tell me about it?"

Austin noticed that Cade's books took his punch head on, which made the young man grin wider from ear to ear. "Well look at that! Hehe, looks like someone can fight after all with that Id!" he laughed, before having a bit of a shocked face as now he had two books strike at him at the same time...one taking out his arm and the other taking out his feet from beneath him. He headed straight for the floor, landing in a manner to where he easily was able to back up some with a roll or two. Tch...talk about a cheap shot there...still...you're giving me a show on what you can do with that Id of yours, Bookworm...so my thanks to you.

He rolled up to where he could get up, dusting himself off with a scoff. "More to you than just a bookworm, I see..." he said, before glancing over at Sergei. "At the same time...now I'm curious to see what the Russian has...see if he must break me in the process!" Austin said smugly, giving a terrible fake Russian accent when he said that last thing. With that, the young man smirked and turned his attention towards Sergei, delivering a few strikes with his left arm and hand the entire time. He doubted that he could keep the Russian from doing much of anything...but at the same time, if he could keep the upper hand between the two of them...and possibly have one of them make a mistake to attack the other, he could come out unscathed. It was a good idea, but was his methods of working toward that plan good?

Hard to say...but it seemed not.

At the end of Austin's little assault, however, the young man backed away with a smirk. "Heh, think I found the one Id I might be copying quite a b-..." he immediately paused, noticing his left arm glowing and then almost immediately after...the chain returning into his hand. His eyes widened, glancing over at the clock on the wall. "...w-w-what the hell?! I should've had more time...what could've...damnit...don't tell me that overachiever's Id had a damn time limit...shit..."

Marcel took the tube of red substance and examined his arm while pulling out the thumbtacks, he was definitely bleeding but the punctures weren't large or deep enough for it to be a big deal, the worst of it was the stuff dripping from the new hole in his hand, slithering down his fingers before falling in little droplets but soon enough that would stop to; no need to waste whatever weird stuff was in that vial. While he waited for his Id to wear off so he could make a second attempt he watched the fight between the other three, the copycat was in a bit of a clash with the book guy and, if he wasn't hallucinating, his hand looked far more metallic than usual. While he was busy trying to talk himself up Cade made his move and swept his legs with, of course, a book.

After a bit Marcel noticed his joints had begun aching again and took it as his cue to continue. "Right, so think I've got a bit warmed up now, next one oughta do moe damage." Marcel thought about what the Major had said about focusing on her mind rather than her body. When he thought about it that did make sense. When he had used his Id before being recruited it was mostly to relieve his pain but thinking back to who he'd usually pick it did seem an almost equal motivation was making them feel the way he did rather than just hurting them. "S'pose I should switch sides right? Don't wanna mess up one arm to bad." He asked rhetorically while he went through his selection of pointy things. Nothing was quite calling out to him, little pins and needles felt to small for what he wanted to do, that was until he remembered the knife he'd taken, possibly without permission.

He'd only intended to use it as a hail-mary if nothing else worked but with that anti-bleeding-juice it was less of a risk to play with. Marcel gripped it tightly till his knuckles went white, the blood from his hand smearing into the textured handle, and carefully traced the path he would take down his arm not yet putting any pressure on the blade. He wanted to avoid anything near his wrist, to close to those already existing scars, but didn't want to just stab himself in the shoulder either figuring he might as well just cut the whole arm off with how permanent the damage from that could be. After choosing a spot just above his elbow he took a breath and let everything except himself and his target float away. Rather than a quick stroke to avoid thinking about what he was doing or a calculated mental image of the knife cutting the Major instead of himself Marcel simply let his mind flow as he dragged the blade across his forearm in a deep, jagged, line, having used his off hand, and pictured some sort of telepathic thread between the two of them All the searing pain flowws out of his mind and down the thread like electricity through a wire and straight into the mind of his commanding officer. As he cut a single intruding thought entered him and bounced around inside his head constantly "You deserve this." while he couldn't tell who the thought was directed at Marcel couldn't help but agree.

As Maddy spoke, Lucia felt her transformation had finished. Raising her arm, the spider legs on her back rose as well, forming an x-shape as she turned back to the captain. "Uncomfortable? No... at least, not physically." She said, turning her head towards the spider legs behind her. "These... things feel surprisingly... natural. Like I've always had them." As she felt her fingertips, she felt little holes on all of them. Curious, she planted her hand on a nearby wall. As her muscles seemed to tense up, she moved her hand across the wall, leaving behind a trail of spider silk. "Woah..." She said, quickly pulling her hand off of the wall and stepping back. While the legs felt natural, she definitely wasn't used to them, as they swung about and knocked things over. "Oh dios mio! I'm so sorry!" She stopped, arms extended as she rested the spider legs.

She let out a sigh, turning back to Maddy. "I... don't know, really. I've never done this with a spider before..." She said, shrugging. "All I know is that, well, I can do whatever a spider can."

Untitled.png

"Heh, targeting me first, eh? Won't lie...pretty smart move. Still, if anything you should've just started with Bookworm over there."

"You're easier to get close to." A boy who could copy an Id he's seen as opposed to someone with control over books, armed with textbooks. Who was easier to get close to - and thus, within range to win a fight - was a no-brainer. And now that Austin had an arm made of metal, the smart move would probably be... use the metal arm as leverage to turn the fight around on Sergei. Right? Sergei took a small step back, anticipating a retaliatory punch from a metal hand. Instead, he was met with the boy charging at Cade instead.

What?

Well, Austin's... questionable move, had been met with books. And it looked like Cade was ready to retaliate with more books. This had turned into an interesting scenario. Sergei had an idea. It involved playing dirty a bit, and it would hurt some. But if it worked... Sergei would stand triumphantly as the last combatant in the fight. And the most important part of that idea was that Austin be taken out of the picture. A bit of teamwork would go a long way there. While Cade seemed to be getting his books ready to attack, Sergei closed some of the distance  between himself and Austin, but didn't move in just yet. He kept his feet moving and arms up though, so that at a moment's notice, when Cade inevitably struck, Sergei could close in to make a move of his own against Austin.

It does feel a bit like cheating, though.

"You really shouldn't let yourself get surrounded like this," Sergei observed. "Now you're stuck between a book and a hard place."

Akiko looked a bit confused as she listened to the recordings, "Erm... do they sound different or anything? They sound completely the same to me, I admit the latter is a bit static-y but I already know what was said so it's easy to piece out for me." She watches Alek walk out of the room, nodding to herself, "Uhm don't suppose I've ever tried walkie talkies or anything. I remember talking to a police officer over the phone about an... incident that happened, and that seemed totally normal!" She crosses her arms, humming to herself"Do you think my Id might be some sort of Signal Jammer or something? I mean I kinda doubt it but from how you're acting I guess that's at least one form of it. Ah I'll go out into the hall and wait for Alek to come back with the Walkie Talkies!"

With that Akiko went outside of the room, kicking one of her feet up behind her as she raised her finger to her mouth, giving a small sigh, "I really wish my powers were more... useful. They said it themselves, I won't be any help..." Akiko rubbed at her eyes a bit, "Tch, why would you want to be useful to a kidnapper anyways? Why on earth do I feel bad, I should be angry about it still!" Akiko let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding around Mathilde and the others, a few cracks in what she had been trying to tell herself showing, "Damn... hopefully nobody heard that... Wait... Come to think of it... What does my Id do if I don't have a target designated other than myself?"

Akiko slowly pokes her head back into the room, "Ah, apologies Captain but... you didn't hear any of that did you?"

Ann knew exactly what to say. As long as she had her Id, she had been experiencing pain of all types. She spoke with a bit more confidence (which is to say, not a lot).

"I think I can help with this. Instead of thinking about making it hurt, think about making it feel like it hurts. The mind is more vulnerable than the body. Just focus on..."

She was abruptly interrupted by a searing pain from the Major. She was so surprised she was knocked off her feet. Slowly, she stood back up and looked to the Major.

"Major, if you would like, I could take this. It is pretty painful, and that was the feedback. Just give me your hand, and I can just deal with it, um, if you want me to." She simply waited, just ready for the pain being seared into her memory to end, or be intensified. 

-April 15th, 2000-
-9:15 AM-

The Major watched the trio fighting as she waited on Marcel to prepare himself again, a deeper frown creeping across her face. Cade and Sergei showed some promise, but the taunting wasn't needed... And Austin was definitely getting in over his head, as she had expected. Traits like taunting and arrogance were hard to break the habit of, and Nika was sure they weren't the only ones that would do it. Suppressing a sigh, she turned back to the two with her, nodding as Marcel began again. As he made his move, Nika used her Id once more to prepare... But was met with searing pain instead. She flinched, but gathered herself quickly.

"Ahhg... That's a bit more than I was expecting so soon," Nika rubbed where her arm afflicted, but otherwise held her composure. "At least the results are good. You should work on your focus, then. It appears that you force sensations into people's minds, and that it works more efficiently when you focus on them as a whole, as opposed to a part of them."

Calmly grabbing the vial and holding it out to Marcel, with a look that told him to drink it, now, she felt Ann's gaze on her skin.

"Major, if you would like, I could take this. It is pretty painful, and that was the feedback. Just give me your hand, and I can just deal with it, um, if you want me to."

"That's very kind of you, Miss Fernace... But focus on yourself first. I've had worse, and Barrett will be healed up in no time... Even if he was a little reckless. Now, I think that's a sufficient enough test for both of you. Well done." Nika gave a nod of her head, with maybe the slightest hint of her lips curling upward, "Once you two are ready, head to the mission room. It will be down the hall on your right, and we will meet you there shortly."

Standing, Nika walked over to the other three, clapping her hands loudly, with a sound almost like rocks slamming into each other. 

"You have about 3 minutes! Do what you can with your remaining time, and make it count. When I call it, stop what you're doing and line up in front of the bleachers, shoulder to shoulder. Do I make myself clear?"

-----

-April 15th, 2000-
-9:15 AM-

Maddy watched Akiko wander into the hallway as Lucia began, thinking the girl just needed to breathe. They were going through a lot, and it was clear that she felt bad about her Id. Turning back to the Mexican girl, Lucia began.

"Uncomfortable? No... at least, not physically. These... things feel surprisingly... natural. Like I've always had them.Woah...Oh dios mio! I'm so sorry!"

The Captain did her best as she watched Lucia's display, but she quickly found herself crocuhing and holding her stomach, laughing to the point of tears. So cute, so innocent. The shifting girl let out a sigh and turned back to Maddy.

"I... don't know, really. I've never done this with a spider before... All I know is that, well, I can do whatever a spider can."

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry," Maddy picked herself up, still laughing softly, "That was just too perfect... whew. Anyway, that seems like a good showing for a start. Can you disable it now, or does it have to fade?"

Tch, why would you want to be useful to a kidnapper anyways? Why on earth do I feel bad, I should be angry about it still!" 

"Uh... let's hold that thought..."

Akiko slowly poked her head back into the room, "Ah, apologies Captain but... you didn't hear any of that did you?"

"I'm afraid I did, Akiko," Mathilde sighed, head leaning against her palm and letting out a soft sigh, "Before Alek and Raida return, why don't you two listen to me for a bit."

Walking past Akiko and closing the door to the infirmary, Maddy turned around and leaned against it, covering the window with her body. She crossed her arms and tapped her lip, deciding where to start... And then she did.

"I won't say too much, but... When I arrived here a few years back, I was like you guys. Scared, not sure what I could do or why, and honestly forced to be here. You guys are the second wave, while I was part of the first. We were much smaller back then, but... Arms were still bent, as they were for people like you, Akiko. Or circumstances led to where you are, like Lucia. But... We don't approve of the methods the recruiters use. I'll leave it at that, but I promise, the Major and myself will do everything in our power to make this a safe place for the both of you... alright?"

Maddy waited to hear responses from the two girls, replying to them in kind. As they wrapped up their conversation there was a knock on the door, with the two boys returning, walky-talkies in hand. Maddy handed one to Akiko with a smile, stepping aside.

"Just head outside and talk to us whenever you're ready... Focus on who you want to hear what when you speak, and we'll see how it works out. Alright?"

Things were going absolutely GREAT for Austin...in the fact that it absolutely wasn't...at all. After the bit of a group assault between the books and Sergei's Russian power, coupled together with his shortened time limit on his copied power...Austin wasn't enjoying this much anymore. At current, the young man was absolutely livid, seething with anger almost. Of course, he'd be upset at this point, namely just due to this bit of a time limit on one Id being kept. To his credit, the Overachiever did keep something about his Id secret...which apparently the Major was stickler for...so kudos to him, he guessed.

Except, this left him in one huge predicament...

...what the hell am I supposed to do now?! Austin thought, gritting his teeth as he did what he could to pick himself up off the floor. The one offensive type of Id I had copied turns out to have a HUGE drawback...tch...fuckin' figures. Means I'm left with only one damned Id...

It pained him to think about it but there were two viable options due to only a handful actually showing off their Ids to allow him to mimic...but the first of the two was absolutely not able to work in this scenario. The first one was Cade's book controlling Id, but given that the bookworm was here...meant a few things: firstly, Cade had more experience with the power than him...so he was definitely out classed, and secondly, well...his power only granted him a half of what they had...and 50% going against 100%? While that sounded like a hell of a brawl, he knew that was going to be a losing battle. Which left one option left: the Id by the name of Truth and Lie...the one from that Akiko chick.

...tch...and after I said I probably wouldn't want to copy that Id...talk about a rock and a hard place. Austin thought, not moving from his position currently laying on the floor of the gym. He exhaled slowly, before doing his best to concentrate on how Akiko utilized her Id, how he watched her speak. Alright...I think I got it. Now then...to see if I can turn the tides at least somewhat...

Austin began to slowly sit up, his hood falling off his head as he looked at both Sergei and Cade, choosing which person heard what. Then, he simply spoke. "D-Damnit...took it a bit literal there, didn't you? Well...if your gonna finish the fight, least knock me the fuck out! C-C'mon, do it!"

Untitled.png

"D-Damnit...took it a bit literal there, didn't you? Well...if your gonna finish the fight, least knock me the fuck out! C-C'mon, do it!"

Gives up easily. Not that Sergei really blamed him in this scenario. Surrounded by enemies he didn't really stand much of a chance against in his current situation. At the same time, this was just a sparring match. Not something in which Sergei wanted to send others to the infirmary. Plus, if he were to assume Austin was tapping out, that still left Sergei with the greater of two evils. Cade the Bookmancer. For now, it was probably a good idea to get Austin outta here. This wouldn't be a fight he'd want to get in the crossfire of. And so, Sergei removed the gloves from his hands, stepping up and rather than knocking out Austin, offering up a hand to shake.

"I would rather not send anyone into the infirmary. Even if I pretend you're an enemy, I still think I should avoid knocking you out. I can't question someone that isn't conscious. You know? Learn who you answer to and all that?"

And while Sergei was pleased to have Austin take the hand and get back up to his feet, the regenerating Russian was a fair bit less pleased to suddenly find himself being tripped up. Looking around for what had caused it, he found... books? "Clever boy." Well, this he really didn't like. Now it was Sergei who was knocked down with two opponents to deal with. Assuming Austin wanted to keep fighting, that was. And if he did...

New plan.

Those two seemed ready to fight among themselves for a moment, at least, that's what he was hoping they would do. A long, drawn out battle between Sergei and himself wasn't something he was excited about, and he wasn't sure that he would be able to take him down either... So it wasn't a perfect situation to be in for him or Austin. He took a deep breath as he suddenly clenched his fists, pulling his arms backwards to tug all the books right back to him. They began to orbit around his torso steadily, keeping a consistent distance apart from each other as he prepared for the next attack... And his stance loosened up a bit. His previously wide stance narrowed out, his feet moving much closer together as he prepared for whatever the duo had planned...

But what he got wasn't what he expected. Austin spoke, and it was him admitting that he was down and probably out of the fight. If that was true... Why bother announcing it out like that, especially considering it wouldn't do any good to lure him over if he kn-... Aaah. Cade's eyes flashed for a moment with understanding as he pondered the earlier demonstrations... He wasn't able to experience it himself, but it seemed to fit the bill of what that Akiko girl had described her Id as before...

Cade didn't have time to ponder if he got the lie or the truth. He gave a quick nod to Austin as he retained that loose stance. Even if it was the lie, it went exactly as Austin said, Sergei had went off to offer a hand towards him... And with a steady, fluid motion of his arms, the books moved as if they were a wave towards Sergei's legs, smacking right into them to bring the Russian down to the ground. His swift, fluid arm movements became rigid without warning as he moved the books up into the air above Sergei. The books opened up suddenly as he jerked his hands down in the air, closing them into fists... And the books fell towards the fallen boy's wrists and ankles, determined to snap into place and hold him down. 

He didn't know what Sergei's reaction time was like... And he had to hope Austin would concede the fight there, if he didn't and instead attacked him, that would mean his focus would be broken enough for Sergei to get back up, but this was the best bet for now. If Austin conceded like that message implied he was going to do... Well, an early victory would be more than welcome in his eyes. His breathing was getting heavier, he practiced his Id plenty of times, but... Never under a stressful situation like this. It was new.

Akiko would nod and listen along to Maddy's words, taking a deep breath as she decided to ask her own question, "If you don't approve of the methods the recruiters use, why are they part of your organization? Especially when they recruited a power so... well... kind of useless, this seems almost impossible to differentiate with how it is, isn't it? And... I guess if it's for you and not the recruiter higher-ups, what kind of ways can I talk into the walkie talkies that you really want to test...?"

"You don't seem to understand... They are not part of this branch. None of us here have the authority to change how things go, only our superiors can do that. We here do not approve of conscription, much less kidnapping, but they believe this is the best way to take care of the world moving forward. The batch that you eight are in is part of around 300 people..." Maddy sighed softly, crossing her arms as she pushed against the door more, "When the others return, I want you to try and communicate a message to me, a message to Lucia, and a message to Alek. I want to see how each of us hear what you say, okay?"

Akiko would wait for the others to return, taking the offered walkie-talkie before returning out into the hallway and going a good distance to make sure she could only be heard through the walkie talkie as she attempted to send a message to Maddy, "This is Akiko, sending a message to Mathilde." She'd then focus on Lucia at the same time, "Uh, guess I'll make this true, I think that's how this works, this is the message for Captain Mathilde." She nodded, satisfied with the lie before she let Alek not be targeted for whatever he wound up hearing, speaking again to Mathilde, "I'm not... completely sure what my Id even is still, are there any more ways to test it? Like a blood test you guys can do or something for anything I might not be aware of? I seem to have a lot less... training then everyone else, seeing as I y'know... only found out about mine like a week ago..."

On the other end, the sounds came through loud and clear. Maddy heard the truth, sounding like gibberish to the others. Lucia heard her lie, the rest gibberish to the others. And the last message came as gibberish to Alek entirely, nothing. With a giggle, Maddy replied back through the walkie talkie.

"Alright, come back in! It was a big success! I heard only the first, Lucia seems to have been the only one to hear the second, and no one heard the third! And I don't believe there's a test... but let's get this wrapped up, we're running a little behind."

Akiko walks back into the room, letting out a small breath as she sets the walky talkie down"Okay and like... bit of a weird question but uhm... what do you even hear anyways when it's not targeted at you? Maybe that could help me figure out other stuff I might be able to do or what my power might be related to based on the noises you hear if there's anything you guys think it sounds similar to?" 

Ann was impressed by the Major. She was a lot tougher than she looked. However, she took note of 'having worse', which she took as a reference to something in days gone by. She decided that it would be best to file away for later. She would have to pick up on it later.

She staggered out of the training room. Putting distance between herself and the target of Marcel's transferred pain would help tremendously. It actually brought back memories of how insufferable it was to live in the cold, be warm, and still suffer from the cold. It felt like that, just the body aching because of how numb it was. The knife wound was piercing her ability to focus, so she needed time to just sit and think.

The mission room was very simple, just a black room with a long oblong table and a projector. She simply sat down in the nearest chair, not able to really pay all that much attention to the objects on the table. She relaxed, began breathing deeply, and simply waited for what the Major had planned next.

"That was just too perfect... whew. Anyway, that seems like a good showing for a start. Can you disable it now, or does it have to fade?" Lucia nodded, closing her eyes as her muscles tensed up. Slowly, the extra limbs she shrunk into her back from once they came, as the rest of her body morphed back to normal.

"Yes... I can disable it... it's a bit tiring though..." She said, as her body returned back to normal. She was still not quite used to recalling the transformation manually like that, the act tiring her out a bit as she breathed heavily. She still also felt like she had her spider legs, although that feeling wouldn't last very long. As Lucia listened to what Maddy had to say, she nodded. It was all still a lot to take in, the whole organization. Hell, her own abilities were still something she wasn't used to. "Honestly, I'm still trying to get used to all of this..." She said, gesturing towards herself, before gesturing around her. "...and this whole organization thing... I'm not even sure where to start." She said, frowning. "I just... need a moment to take all of this in." She said, before turning to Akiko, who had given her own concerns about the whole situation. Maddy responded, before asking her to send messages once everyone was here.

"Uh, guess I'll make this true, I think that's how this works, this is the message for Captain Mathilde." The walkie talkie let out some other gibberish sound that Lucia couldn't understand. At first she was confused, tilting her head slightly.

"I think I got the wrong message... She said it was for Maddy..." Lucia said, turning towards Maddy. "Unless... was my message the lie? Fascinating..." She said, as Akiko entered the room. Akiko asked about what the other messages sounded like to them. "I'm guessing the random gibberish coming from the thingy was the other messages, so... gibberish... Kinda like this." She said, before poorly imitating the gibberish sounds. She turned to Maddy. "What did you here?"

-April 15th, 2000-
-9:20 AM-

A loud clap filled the air, even louder than the previous one, drawing the three boys' attention to Nika.

"And that's time. If the three of you need a quick shower, there's a locker room at the back of the gym. You will receive reports about your performance and things you need to work on, as well as your future assignments, once we are done with our meeting in the mission room. It is down the hall, on the right. You are dismissed until then."

With that, Nika left, grabbing a clipboard off the wall as she did. Jotting down notes as she headed to the next location, she felt the urge to shake her head. There was absolutely potential, but Maddy was completely wrong... They had not received an easy group. 

Instead of heading directly to the meeting place, she instead headed back to her office, quickly typing up the reports. The info she lacked would have to be combined with Maddy's, but there was more than enough time.

-----

-April 15th, 2000-

"I think I got the wrong message... She said it was for Mathilde... Unless... was my message the lie? Fascinating... I'm guessing the random gibberish coming from the thingy was the other messages, so... gibberish... Kinda like this. What did you hear?"

"Mmhmm, like Lucia said, it sounds like total gibberish when it's not aimed at us."

"And I heard only gibberish," Alek added to the discussion, "Most curious... However, if they say they hear things, then they must be able to. We'll have to see what you can do for communication efforts, because it seems like the most likely area for you to excel in."

Things wrapped up quickly in the infirmary, the three recruits being informed to head to the mission room and wait, like the first group. As the three left, Mathilde gave them a wave, turning to hear a beep coming from Alek's computer.

"Ah, it seems the major finished up her assessments and wants to know about ours. My, she is quite fast," The man commented, trailing off a bit, "And what did you think of them?"

"I think the girls are good natured kids in a bad situation... And that Raida is a perfect fit. I'm not too confident about sending Akiko out to combat, though... She'll have to work twice as hard as everyone else, or more."

Alek nodded back to Maddy as he typed up quickly, "Anything that you would like to add?"

"Hm... nothing official, no. Thanks for writing them up for me~"

-----

-April 15th, 2000-
-10 AM-
-Mission Room, Diluculo Branch 22-

Once the recruits had assembled, they would find themselves waiting longer than was implied. After 30-40 minutes of sitting with one another, Nika and Maddy finally made their appearance, handing out manilla envelopes to each of the young members. The captain found a seat near the end of the table, while Nika stood at the head of it, clearing her throat.

"No need to stand, I'm going to keep this brief. Inside each of the files you have been given, you have been assigned to one of two groups for later today. We will be having a mock battle with teams of four, with either the captain or myself serving as proctor and advisor. We will not get involved, but we will be there to make sure no one gets injured too badly."

"On top of that, you have room assignments~" Maddy cut in, producing a smaller piece of paper, "I don't know if you were informed that last night's rooms were temporary or not, but we have larger rooms fit for two people, bathrooms built in and all. Your file includes your room number, as well as your roomie."

"That is correct. Please settle into your rooms and relax for a few hours. Camaraderie is important in a line of work like this, so the only criteria from now until 2 PM is that you must not spend your time alone. Your files also contain information about where to report at 2. That will be all for now."

"Have fun~"

Surprisingly, Austin's newfound plan worked fully to his plan...and at a good time as well. No sooner did Cade knock Sergei down with the use of the books, Austin stood up and looked over at the Bookworm, only shrugging and putting his hands up. "...like I said...I'm out of options." he said flatly.

"And that's time. If the three of you need a quick shower, there's a locker room at the back of the gym. You will receive reports about your performance and things you need to work on, as well as your future assignments, once we are done with our meeting in the mission room. It is down the hall, on the right. You are dismissed until then."

"Heh, that's the bell." Austin snickered, before lowering his hands, preparing to walk out of the gym but stopped to turn to Cade. "Let's just settle one thing though, if I wasn't fighting you...I would've copied your Id. Too much of a hassle to have to literally fight you for control of those things." With that he walked off, waving a hand dismissively. "Later!"

-10 AM-

"No need to stand, I'm going to keep this brief. Inside each of the files you have been given, you have been assigned to one of two groups for later today. We will be having a mock battle with teams of four, with either the captain or myself serving as proctor and advisor. We will not get involved, but we will be there to make sure no one gets injured too badly."
"On top of that, you have room assignments~ I don't know if you were informed that last night's rooms were temporary or not, but we have larger rooms fit for two people, bathrooms built in and all. Your file includes your room number, as well as your roomie."
"That is correct. Please settle into your rooms and relax for a few hours. Camaraderie is important in a line of work like this, so the only criteria from now until 2 PM is that you must not spend your time alone. Your files also contain information about where to report at 2. That will be all for now."
"Have fun~"

The time for team building...oh Austin was overjoyed and overcome with emotions. ...or none at all. Austin sat there, holding the manila folder in his hand whilst listening to Maddy and the Major speak. The files were given and the idea of a mock battle and being assigned to a group for it...that part he didn't mind. But the fact that now he had to play nice with a roommate until 2 PM? That was what he wasn't too thrilled about.

Regardless, Austin took the time after the meeting to open up the folder to look at the contents of his file...

Name: Austin Rankin
Codename: Crocotta

Crocotta, huh? Austin had dabbled a bit in looking up creatures in mythology some, and this one did pop up a few times. It was a creature linked with India or Ethiopia that also showed up in Medieval mythos as well...but what it boiled down to was it was a dog-wolf creature with the ability and power to mimic human speech, which it used to lure it's prey in. Of course, he also read that there were some strong similarities to them and a hyena, which also had quite a bit of "magical based" criteria in myths...but at the end of it all, this mythical creature dealt in mimicking things. Heh, guess the government group like this one does what it can to research shit, huh?

After this, he continued onward...

Arrogant. Cowardly. Foolish.
However, potential is there. Work hard towards keeping your mouth shut and sharpening your cleverness.
Results of sparring were... average, but siding with the enemy was a mistake.

Austin rolled his eyes slightly while finishing up this. Arrogant? Yeah, that was his thing though, so that went without saying...plus he figured that was a part of his charm. Cowardly and foolish? He couldn't see that, unless she meant just decision making in the sparring match. Unfortunately, she didn't realize all I wanted was to just see what they were capable and see their Ids up close. Not my fault she couldn't see the genius behind it. he thought, before shrugging. Austin knew for sure he wouldn't be able to keep his mouth shut for long...especially if that Truth and Lie Id would be in play for him again, which he thought using that was already clever...oh well.

He already knew "siding with the enemy" was a mistake, but actually utilizing that Truth Lie thing, he figured he'd have to just cooperate with them. After all, what else was he supposed to do in a situation like that? With a shrug and a sigh, Austin got up and looked further down the file to see what room and roommate he'd hav-... oh good... Upon further inspection, Austin saw that he had Room 201, roommate: Akikko Gekkane, the Truth and Lie girl. There had to be a God out there, cause this was just irony...

Austin glanced over at Akikko before rolling his eyes and got the head start on getting to Room 201. While he did...he saw what he'd be thrown into via the mock battle. And in the line up...well, he was pretty pleased with at least one of the teammates he'd have access to. Here we go back on that irony again...heh, well least this time I can view that Id a bit better...maybe even figure out his time limit.

-April 15th, 2000-

"I think I got the wrong message... She said it was for Mathilde... Unless... was my message the lie? Fascinating... I'm guessing the random gibberish coming from the thingy was the other messages, so... gibberish... Kinda like this. What did you hear?"

"Mmhmm, like Lucia said, it sounds like total gibberish when it's not aimed at us."

"And I heard only gibberish," Alek added to the discussion, "Most curious... However, if they say they hear things, then they must be able to. We'll have to see what you can do for communication efforts, because it seems like the most likely area for you to excel in."

"I suppose that's fair enough, it's not exactly like I'd be able to tell when my voice is connecting gibberish since everything sounds completely clear to me when I'm speaking." She rubs the back of her neck, glancing off to the side, deciding to leave soon after she was dismissed, "I guess that wasn't as awful as I was excpecting... should make my way to the Mission Room or whatever then." She'd quickly take her own pace to head off.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

-April 15th, 2000-
-10 AM-

"On top of that, you have room assignments~" Maddy cut in, producing a smaller piece of paper, "I don't know if you were informed that last night's rooms were temporary or not, but we have larger rooms fit for two people, bathrooms built in and all. Your file includes your room number, as well as your roomie."

"Have fun~"

Akiko gave a small raised eyebrow at the fact she was sharing a room. It certainly wasn't something she had been expecting as she accepted the manilla envelope, slipping out the paper and scanning the contents quickly and quietly. At least there wasn't anyone she could think of she actively disliked except for the one copier guy, couldn't be bothered to remember him by name though, not that he seemed he even wanted to be.

Id is useful for communications. Does not appear to be great for combat. Needs lots of training.

Will have to work harder than others. Captain Mathilde is willing to give one-on-one training in spare time.

Akiko gave a small sigh and leaned back a bit, she already knew her Id was bad but it was starting to grate on her just how much worse than everyone else it really seemed to be. Even some of the more niche ones had some combat implications, although she admitted she didn't really desire to have either of those pain-type Ids. She returned to looking at the paper, making a mistake as she took a sip of water she had brought with her, throwing her into a coughing fit as she suddenly remembered someone's name.

Room #201. Assigned Roommate: Austin Rankin.

"GODAMNIT!!" mistakenly using her Id in tandem so that most could only make out a few letters, the garbled gibberish itself even seeming confused and angry sounding. She clutched at the paper as she picked up her bag and started to make her way towards the room, staring into it as she took a few deep breaths, "Maybe he's not a raging asshole, maybe I can give him a half decent chance/Ha! Yeah right, this guy can't even rely on his own abili...ties...Akiko gave a small frown as she seemed to think about something as she opened the door and walked inside, claiming the side that was as of yet unclaimed by Austin.

She turned to glance towards him, looking upset she was wanting to ask this question to someone like -him- of all people, "So... I haven't heard how that battle went but I just realized... what do -you- do when your powers aren't working? Mine are... kind of garbage, obviously, so... tch nevermind, you probably couldn't help anyways!" Akiko gave a shake of her head, starting to unpack, targeting him with her Id, "Forget about what I said, it's not important."

Edited by PhoenixOfCute

Ann had cleared her head. Her headache had abated, and then, before she even realized it, she was being briefed by her superiors. Time moves fast when everything seems to be seared into your memories.

She began reading the document from the top.

Name: Ann Fernace

Codename: Rusalka

Ann shivered at the name. She remembered reading a book during her time with Ivan, a book titled "Eastern European Myths". It spoke in detail about many creatures, but the one she remembered most was The Rusalka, a water spirit born of the soul of a woman that drowned or died in a river. They then spent the rest of eternity enacting punishment of those who wronged them, luring men into the river with their unearthly charm, and then drowning them. In some stories, they were also talented shapeshifters, changing their appearance to lure certain targets into the water, but the disguise doesn't hold up to scrutiny, revealing their green hair and their distorted faces. Clearly, the similarities between herself and this Russian Water Demon were simply abounding.

She then read onward, telling just on how it was written, it seemed to be Major Nika's notes on her. She continued to read the seemingly constructive critisisms.

Based on what we have seen, your Id, while tamer than most, has it's uses and is effective in those situations. However, we have not seen the extent of it's offensive capabilities, in which we ask for your caution. You, as a person, will need to know when it is time to stop hiding in the background and actually make an impact. The possibility of improvement exists.

Ann was not in the least surprised about what the Major had written. All of it was true. These were all things she knew or people had already told her. Except that part about her Id being tame. Her's just doesn't have as much flare or versatility. 

'Now, who is my roomate?'  She thought to herself. She looked down and read the name.

Room #203. Assigned Roommate: Cade Laurent

'Ah, also my teammate in the fight, and likely the strongest among us.' She stood up and went to pick up her bag, and when she did, she went to her new room. She claimed the left side of the room, and realized with her roommate that most of this space would be taken up by books. She simply started unpacking, putting away what little she had, making it almost feel like home. Almost. It would be a long time before she even considered it that. But, it was a start.

Room #201...Austin finally found the room and tossed his stuff on his side of it, before immediately collapsing on the bed, tossing his arms behind his head and kicking his legs up, exhaling greatly as he started relaxing. However, just for the moment of quiet...it was soon interrupted by his new roommate. There she was...the Truth Lie chick...oh that was something he'd have to apologize for, now that he thought about it.

"So... I haven't heard how that battle went but I just realized... what do -you- do when your powers aren't working? Mine are... kind of garbage, obviously, so... tch nevermind, you probably couldn't help anyways! Forget about what I said, it's not important."

"Heh, well nice to see you too, babe." Austin smirked widely, shrugging as he sat up slightly. "First off, that'll be a negative on that. Obviously, if it wasn't important, you wouldn't have opened your mouth to ask the question." It was true though, why else would she have started to ask him such a question if she wasn't expecting him to give some sort of response or answer. "Now, to answer that question before I get to my 'Second Off' point. The only time my powers aren't working is when I can't observe another or they don't give an demonstration of it."

He sat up, leaning his back against the wall as he tossed his left arm on his knee. "Case in point...I was able to observe and get a handle on four people's Ids: Bookworm's, the Overachiever, the Animimic...and you." Austin smirked again. "Everyone else's Id, they never gave a demonstration like you four...and because of that, it makes things harder for me. Ooooooor in the case of Sergei during the match...I couldn't get a read on him. Meaning, I couldn't tell what his Id was or if he was evening using it." It was strange he was giving this piece of information to his roommate...but then again, it might also happen during the mock battle.

"Now...second off, if you honestly think your Id is garbage...you might be right." Austin rolled his eyes, speaking to Akikko in pretty much the same manner...his lips saying one thing, but it was obvious on the fact that she heard him call her that. "What's more, is that Id...I regret to even say, helped yours truly out in the little training battle. Tch...you can take that as an apology or whatever...just don't expect it all the time. So yeah, if you honestly think that your Id isn't worth a damn, maybe that means you just need to work on it."

Edited by Chaos Sonic

On one hand, it was nice that he was able to... Subdue Sergei without too much hassle, on the other, it was a little frustrating to see the big talker admit defeat so easily like this. He had expected more. Was that something he should have been thinking?

"Let's just settle one thing though, if I wasn't fighting you...I would've copied your Id. Too much of a hassle to have to literally fight you for control of those things."

Cade raised an eyebrow at the statement, it was sort of hard to tell if that was meant to be a threat or a compliment. The tone was definitely a bit aggressive, but... It was hard to see that as anything other than a compliment. That boy was obsessed with strength, and after everything, here he was saying that Cade's Id was definitely worth copying. He shrugged his shoulders in return to Austin, "Practice getting the hang of it in your spare time, I'd love to see what someone else can figure out with it."

Time to shower.

· · ─────── ·?· ─────── · ·

-April 15th, 2000-
-10 AM-

"On top of that, you have room assignments~" Maddy cut in, producing a smaller piece of paper, "I don't know if you were informed that last night's rooms were temporary or not, but we have larger rooms fit for two people, bathrooms built in and all. Your file includes your room number, as well as your roomie."

Cade took a deep breath as he finished the shower and made his way towards that Mission Room, just in time to get the envelope handed to him. He nodded his head as he listened to the duo speak, a small sigh escaping him as he shook his head gently. He wasn't entirely happy about the fact that they were going to be sharing rooms, surely there was plenty of space without them having to worry about roommates...

There were a number he wasn't particularly keen on sharing a room with. Having no say in who he roomed with was even worse than the fact that he would have to share a room in the first place. Especially once he began to move in the collection of books that he had brought with him...

He shook his head for a moment as he started to open up the envelope that had been provided to each of them, his focus drawn immediately to the code name.

Codename: Pangurbán

Pangurbán? The word sounded familiar, but he couldn't really be sure why. He must've run into it while reading at some point, it was definitely something old, if he remember right, maybe one of the books he brought with him had something on it. He would have to shift through the collection and see what he could find... And in the worst case, he could write home and see if his parents could check the library for him. As long as he spun it as important to his tasks over here, well... He was sure they would comply with a little work. Even if they were a bit slow.

Powerful. Perhaps too powerful, reliance on Id may end up being a handicap.

He wasn't entirely expecting notes on the sparring so soon, considering it had just happened, but... There was good news here. He hadn't made the wrong choice in coming here, if he was considered too powerful, that meant he could do some good and get some freedom without worrying about being sent back home.

On the other hand, he didn't the idea that he might be overly reliant on his Id just yet. It was too useful for day to day life to not grow accustomed to it, but he had to admit... For combat, relying on it alone would definitely leave some openings. That's why he grabbed that knife during the sparring, after all. In close quarters , he was at a disadvantage, and long range wasn't something he was built for. That meant midrange was his strongest area, and that was definitely a tight spot to maintain against anyone particularly aggressive.

Results of sparring were positive. Do your best to keep up to that expectation or higher.

And the expectations begin. It couldn't be much worse than his parents, at least. They were extremely hands off and still had those high standards, at least here he should be able to get reasonable help when it was needed. He let out a little sigh, it wasn't bad news, honestly. It was just... Familiar. The last bit of business... His roommate.

Ann Fernace

This was... Entirely neutral to him. She seemed relatively low-key, which is about the best he could hope for...

· · ─────── ·?· ─────── · ·

His bags were already taken to his new living space thankfully, he wouldn't have to deal with lugging them himself, but the bag he brought with him to the sparring match was a different story. That one, at least, was only full of books, so moving it wasn't an issue. As he opened up the door to Room 203, he took a small glance around, noticing that Ann had already made herself at home. He gave her a brief nod as she was putting away her own things, his hand lifting up just a tad... And the books he had stored in his backpack were ready to float out onto his bed. He hummed a tiny bit as he started to move towards the luggage that had been dropped off in here, a few cases here and there... Two of which he promptly just slide underneath his bed. They only barely fit underneath, while his other travel bag was brought towards the provided dresser to unpack his clothes.

Once his clothing was unpacked, he sat down on the bed... And with a flick of his hand, the books around him lifted up. He doubted any of these would have information about Pangurbán, really. They were all leisure books, things to distract him on the plane, or give him something to study up on... As the books orbited around him, he took a glance across the room towards Ann, a small cough escaping him, "...Ann, you were... The one who could feel pain from others right?"

Such a terrible thing to be burdened with, he couldn't imagine having to deal with that on a daily basis. He also realized almost immediately that he probably just shoved his foot into his mouth, who would want to talk about something like that? He shook his head a tiny bit, the best thing he could do was... Avoid bringing unnecessary pain for the time being, he was sure that wouldn't be easy if they were going to have regular training exercises, but... He certainly didn't want to the cause of extra burden. "I'm sorry, that probably isn't something you'd like to talk about."

Akiko blinks a bit at the 'babe' comment, putting her hands on her hips in response, "I think it might be for the better if you kept the pet names to yourself." She gave a small nod, actively listening to him, even as she put her things away. 

"Now...second off, if you honestly think your Id is garbage...you might be right." Austin rolled his eyes, speaking to Akikko in pretty much the same manner...his lips saying one thing, but it was obvious on the fact that she heard him call her that. "What's more, is that Id...I regret to even say, helped yours truly out in the little training battle. Tch...you can take that as an apology or whatever...just don't expect it all the time. So yeah, if you honestly think that your Id isn't worth a damn, maybe that means you just need to work on it."

Akiko hums a bit, crossing her arms, "I'm actually a bit shocked someone managed to use it in combat. I suppose you've got to have on-the-fly thinking with an Id like copying." She lets out a small sigh, rubbing the back of her neck, "Maybe I do need some training with it, I've only known about it for like 2 weeks... That's not exactly enough time to learn everything about it. Kind of still... shole-shacked I think is what it's called in English? I guess maybe I could put in some training for not using my Id too and implement that into some sort of fighting style..." 

She holds up the sheet of paper she had gotten, "Although apparently I'm useless for fighting and a better fit for comms according to what they could figure out about my Id. Which I mean... guess they're right, cuz the heck is saying two things at once gonna do in-combat? Maybe confuse someone for a second? How'd it even help you out?"