Blake

Diluculo de Inhio [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

It was show time, as the creature pounced on the Major. Lucia's wings flapped as she started hovering above the ground, getting herself ready to strike it. However, the beast was clever, jumping off of Nika and entering the woods once more. Lucia nodded as Nika told them what they had to do. She was going to pair up with the Major herself in trying to subdue the beast, while the others supported. "Understood." She said, trying her best to keep an eye out for the beast. Even with her hawk vision, however, it was difficult. She'd have to rely on the others to tell her where it was.

Left. Lucia would rise up as the creature pounced from her left and, once she got out of the way, she would dive back towards it and sink her talons into the creature, pulling out her baseball bat from her backpack before smacking the beast with it.

"Like I mentioned before, people are idiots...and they get freaked out and scared about things they can't fully explain. So telling them this now? Yeah, would go over extremely well..."

"Yeah but that's gonna happen no matter how long they wait." Just as Marcel thought it Sergei more or less vocalized his feelings.

"You're all the locals here. Er... more than I am anyway. Are there any other must-sees around New York?"

Marcel was happy to get off the complicated topic of Id's and the public and government interference. it was all a bit outside his pay grade, as long as he could figure his own power out and use it to fix his problems the rest didn't much matter in his mind.

He shrugged. "Neva been before, always heard Broadway was a big deal but i don't think we've got time for a whole show and i wouldn't know if any are open." Marcel turned to The Captain. "Ain't there some kinda well known park we could check out too? Or somethin' else you know that's worth seeing?"

If Marcel was being honest he didn't really see the appeal of the city, it was huge and crowded, the buildings were so tall there was no proper view of anything, and if today's traffic was anything to go by walking was most convenient form of travel which was incredibly inconvenient for him. Still, this tour was better than whatever the combat mission would have been.

without even thinking Marcel spouted out yet another idea for their next stop. "There's a couple museums here right, famous ones?"

-April 16th, 2000-
-9:32 AM-
-Pine Barrens, New Jersey-

"Cucuy, on your left, it is readying to pounce!/The creature is on your right! It's going to lunge from below!" 

Nika's eyes flicked slightly as Akiko threw a distraction, keeping her body ready to move in the other direction. That girl was going to go places.

At the moment the shuriken hit a tree, the beast shot out from the direction that Akiko had said as truth, diving straight for Lucia. The girl managed to dodge, only to bounce back to hit the creature's head with her bat, claws digging in. The beast recoiled a bit with a roar, backing away from the group, but not fleeing to the trees again... and taking Lucia with it. Its long neck bent down as it attempted to bite the girl's face, instead finding its jaw getting clotheslined by Nika, knocking it onto its back, as Nika panted, even more of her outfit shredded.

"What business do fucking recruits have with something like this!?" Nika yelled as she slammed its fist into the pinned beast's face, a loud crack filling the air as the creature cried out in pain. Nika quickly found her footing lost as it kicked her in the stomach, knocking her back as it had just been. The beast's breaths grew ragged as it picked itself up, now able to see the two girls huddling in the back, behind Cade's wall... and leapt at them. Nika began to pick herself up, the creature's speed much greater than her own.

"Down, now!"

-----

-April 16th, 2000-
-12:45 PM-
-Stature of Liberty, NYC-

"Well, yeah, there's lots of places around here to see. And today's all about that, so while Broadway isn't in the cards for today, let's hit up a m-"

A ring tone cut through the air as Maddy reached into her pocket, pulling a phone to her ear. She raised her other hand, holding a single finger to the boys.

"Captain Macha reporting. To whom am I speaking?"

Her face dropped instantly, other than her eyes rolling, though her tone stayed respectful.

"The Major is out of town for today, and I am currently introducing some of the recruits to their new home... Eh? You wanna meet them, too? I'm not so sure now's the best time for that, sir. Alright, alright, we'll be there by 2.  Thank you."

Maddy sighed as she closed the phone, shaking her head. She looked to the boys with a smile, though it seemed a bit sad.

"Well, change of plans... I was gonna take you guys to the UN building at the end of the day, but I guess we have to head there first, ahaha... I'm gonna head to the lady's room real quick, so go ahead and talk about... well, anything. Shouldn't be more than a few minutes. We'll grab some food on the way there, too, since it'll probably be a looong time..."

The warning had worked. It got tricked by Akiko's informed deception, but they were getting pushed back hard. The beast was no longer solely fueled on bloodlust, but instead it was in a wild frenzy, a torrent of pain and a want of causing pain. Ann knew she had to do something.

It was not going so well .By her assessment, Lucia doing alright, but the Major was in a lot rougher state than anyone else. She wasn't hurt badly, but her clothes were shredded. She may have had some bruising, but it was hard to tell. Ann was certainly frightened of this beast now that she had seen it fight, but she steeled herself for what she was going to try to do. 

Ann looked at Akiko. "I am going in. At this rate, with just them, this will not end well. Try and have them bait it into me."

Ann began to slink slowly down to where the fight was going on. She knew that if the beast wished, it would know, but Ann hoped it would be distracted enough to not notice her. Ann could feel the intensity of this creature's pain increase. Ann took this pain and began to snowball it, adding more and more memories of pain to it, preparing to use it in one push into the creature. Ann hoped that this plot would work, or all of there lives would be at stake. 

Though, likely, if it failed, she would die. It would at least give them a chance at success.

"What business do fucking recruits have with something like this!?" Nika yelled as she slammed its fist into the pinned beast's face, a loud crack filling the air as the creature cried out in pain. Nika quickly found her footing lost as it kicked her in the stomach, knocking her back as it had just been. The beast's breaths grew ragged as it picked itself up, now able to see the two girls huddling in the back, behind Cade's wall... and leapt at them. Nika began to pick herself up, the creature's speed much greater than her own.

"Down, now!"

Akiko's eyes widened as she saw the major take such a massive hit, her instincts forcing her to throw herself to the ground at the Major's call to get down, "Rusalka, get back here! Shit... Cade, trip her!//Above you!" Akiko frowned as she utilized her Id, focusing the lie on Ann so that she wouldn't hear them, she wasn't going to let someone die damnit! "Major,  I believe Rusalka is compromised, please be aware of the situation//Oh no, the Major's been bitten hard in the leg and is a weak target, without her we'll die, protect her Cade!" Akiko once again focused her Id, this time on the creature to attempt to confuse it, as well as Ann to avoid her hearing that she had been discussing her, a bead of sweat appearing on Akiko as she split her Id between so many people at once!

Edited by PhoenixOfCute

"Well, change of plans... I was gonna take you guys to the UN building at the end of the day, but I guess we have to head there first, ahaha... I'm gonna head to the lady's room real quick, so go ahead and talk about... well, anything. Shouldn't be more than a few minutes. We'll grab some food on the way there, too, since it'll probably be a looong time..."

And like that, Austin saw Maddy walking off to take care of whatever she needed to. Powder her nose or something... Still, now this meant the "fun" was over and they were going to go to the UN building next. The young man watched Maddy leave the area, before he immediately looked over at Sergei and Marcel.

"...so...how long do you think she's going to take? Think we have enough time to just bail on this and actually go do something fun?" Austin asked, moving as he looked over the railings. And true to what he was planning to before, immediately hocked a nice thing of spit off the side just to watch it fall. "Cause I dunno about you two, but this wasn't what I initially signed up for. This mission was the furthest from my mind..."

...yet it was your dumbass that signed up for the wrong mission, idiot... Austin thought, rolling his eyes some. He was so glad none of these people had an Id to read minds.

This wasn't okay. The commander was right. What business did a set of new recruits have out in the wilderness, fighting off a creature like this? It wasn't right, Ann and Akiko weren't built for this. Even Lucia and he weren't cut out for this. It was out of their league right now, even if he had the sheer power according to their analysis, that didn't mean he was able to use it properly yet.

Cade's hands quickly brought themselves together as he started to move the wall off books, slamming together to reorient the wall of books in front of him. His hands opened up as he thrust them in the air in front of him, two of the books began to rush forward. He aimed them straight for the monster's face as it started to snap and leap forwards toward him. There was no hesitation as he used the books to block key parts of its advance. The two smacked straight into the creature's face, creating a narrow strip that it could see through... But also they could monitor the movements of it's head. Two of the other books smacked into the creature's claws, Cade's hands opening up as he gave them a thrust forwards, trying to upset the creature's balance as he took a deep breath, "Go... Down!"

"Rusalka, get back here! Shit... Cade, trip her!"

"Merde! Akamanto, I can't stop her. I'll try to subdue the creature!" Frustration welled inside of him as he watched Ann start to run off on her own. With the way he had moved the wall suddenly, there was not easy way for him to try and stop her from moving forward. The best thing he could do was to keep trying to find the best way to upset the creature's balance... Or perhaps, knocking the breath out of it. With the creature's claws being held up by the books, that left its chest exposed... And Cade brought a hand back quickly, slamming it open palmed into the last book he had with him. It shot forward, aimed for the monster's chest to try and knock the wind from it. "Heel, beast!"

Lucia froze as the beast dove to bite into her, Nika saving her at the last moment. She had expected some sort of combat mission but this... this was ridiculous. The commander seemed to think this as well. Lucia got away from the beast as it closed its gaze towards the others, before chasing after it behind Nika. Despite her flight, she was nowhere near fast enough to catch up to the beast. Ann was also making some sort of risky move, diving into the fray.

Lucia didn't know what to do, as she watched Cade apprehend the beast with his book Id. "Aaaaah!" She screamed, smashing her bat on the back of the beasts head, this time not sinking her talons into the beast as to avoid getting caught on it again. The bat shattered into two pieces, the head flying off into the wilderness as her grip tightened on what remained of her weapon. Her wings fluttered as she brought herself higher, trying to avoid a counter attack. While the beast was being held down, she wasn't sure how much longer paper would be able to pin it down.

-April 16th, 2000-
-9:34 AM-

"Major,  I believe Rusalka is compromised, please be aware of the situation!"

Nika cursed again, the beast being hit by Cade's book. It wasn't much, but it caught its attention long enough for Nika to tackle it around the neck, while Lucia slammed the bat down on it once more, pinning it to the ground. Nika panted heavily as Ann's hands found the creature's head, near instantly knocking the creature out... As its form began to change. Slowly, it began to shrink down, until a human male, looking to be around 10 years old, lay curled up on the ground beneath Nika's arm.

"Of course, it's an Id..." She spat as she picked herself, scooping the boy up with a scowl, growling, "Rusalka! Don't you ever play the hero like that again! We are soldiers! We do not make ourselves out to be big damn heroes, do I make myself clear!?" Turning away, her own clothes in tatters as she began to walk away, panting heavily. She pulled the child close, an even deeper scowl taking over her face. "The rest of you, we're heading back. Luckily, no one was injured... But I apologize as your superior for what happened here. I will have some words with the leader of the branch."

And so they did, uneventfully. The boy seemed to be breathing in the major's arms, but he never made any movements that would suggest consciousness was returning to him any time soon.

-----

-April 16th, 2000-
-10:30 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 25, New Jersey-

The ride back had been silent as everyone recovered from what had just occurred. Upon arriving, they were quickly taken to the infirmary, along with the boy. Nika left soon after, urging them to go to the cafeteria if they found themselves hungry, then leaving the recruits to talk among themselves.

Nika, however, had a mission of her own. Heading to the office of the branch's commanding officer, wearing a basic uniform supplied by the branch, she nearly ripped the door off of the hinges with a growl in her voice... and her skin turned dark, once more. Major Drake stood with a stunned expression, eyes wide at the indignant woman.

"You have some explaining to do, Blaise. And it had better fucking be good."

Ann could tell something was going on in the background based on the inconsistencies of Cade's and Akiko's conversation. Why would Cade say he couldn't help the Major but do so anyway? She would have to ask her roomie about it later, but before she could even finish that thought, a form of pain struck her body.

Fear. Not from the beast, but Major Volkov. It was a strong too, and Ann could tell that Nika was clearly dedicated to have this concern for them. There was also a dulled internal pain in her, likely from bruising. However, it drove her to action.

As soon as Nika tackled it, Ann made her move. All of these feelings gushing through her body, all those haunting memories of the past, in one push she released them into this creature. She dropped to her knees and almost passed out from it, but she didn't care. She wanted the fighting to end without any more blood.

When Ann had recovered from it, she found Nika scolding her for her actions, holding a young boy. Ann stood and spoke, slowly and deliberately.

"I apologize, Major. You call it "heroic" but "foolish" is a better word for it. The pain, it began to overwhelm me, especially after I began to prepare such an attempt. I simply wanted it to stop. I don't care what punishment you have for me when we return, but no matter what it is, remember that this day will be permanently burned into my head and haunt me for all time. Any punishment you have for me is only secondary to the curse I will carry forever and always."

Ann made sure to keep her distance from the Major. She would have taken the pain back from the boy, but she was afraid that Nika would have been angered by the overuse of her Id, the kid might awake and his Id might run wild again, and Ann would certainly have pass out if she did.

-----

-April 16th, 2000-

The car ride back was awkward. Ann felt as if she was responsible for this in some ways. She had committed insubordination. She had endangered the lives of her teammates. She could have failed to knock it out and just angered it. She could have...

'Get a hold of yourself.' She thought to herself as she wiped the tears from her eyes. 'It's all in the past now, so what good is it to bother with the what if's? Besides, the opposite holds true as well.'

The trip to the infirmary was actually okay. Ann would have cleared up everyone's pain, but because of her Id's usage, a headache began to flare up and she was given a Ibuprofen to clear it. Ann was glad, at least she didn't snap. She hadn't in some time now.

Ann simply waited. She knew the Major had some choice words for whoever that guy was, named like Major Dragon or whatever, and she was sure he deserved ever word of it. Time would come for when she could simply make it back to base, shower, and rest before the nightmares undoubtedly resurface tonight. She hoped it would be soon.

-April 16th, 2000-
-10:30 AM-

Akiko held the bridge of her nose, doing her best not to let her annoyance show. She was quiet for the most part, but responsive to her teammates should they ask her anything. She gave a small nod to the major as she made her way over to the cafeteria, grabbing a few things to eat from what she could manage to scrounge together, mainly fruits. She could still be found in the cafeteria after she ate, seeming to be in... contemplation for the most part. If those types of people that were willing to get themselves killed existed maybe she should be around to make sure they didn't hurt themselves. "Ugh, that's such a soft take... Why don't I just become the big damn hero while I'm at it..." She gave a small chuckle, holding her head in one of her hands, "Liars can't be the big damn hero anyways...//Lies are just evils that everyone utilizes..." She froze for a moment, "Ugh, why does it sound so weird when I do it to myself...? Like an overlapped recording..."

-April 16th, 2000-
-9:34 AM-

It was a child.

It was an Id. That wasn't reassuring to Cade at all. He was lucky apparently. He got something useful, something even considered powerful...

And here's an innocent person, cursed with something that turned him into a beast. He took a deep breath as he seemed to shiver a little bit, his hands moved in the air as the books began to orbit back towards him. They pushed together as he frowned a little bit, bundling up as they slid back into his backpack. His hands clenched...

"The rest of you, we're heading back. Luckily, no one was injured... But I apologize as your superior for what happened here. I will have some words with the leader of the branch."

That snapped him back to earth. His head shot up as he heard what the Major said, a deep breath escaping him as he nodded his head. "...Understood Major."

· · ─────── ·?· ─────── · ·

-April 16th, 2000-

The trip back gave him time to properly... Collect his thoughts. It wasn't easy, either way. He couldn't get over the idea that he could have been in that situation. He could've been the one, in a less lucky life, to have to deal with something as terrible as that. But he wasn't.

It wasn't fair, really.

But life wasn't fair, was it? He didn't even really process if the kid was alive when everything was going down. But of course it was an Id. Creatures like that didn't exist, they didn't just pop up out of nowhere either. Having it be an Id running wild was... Basically the only answer to it that would've made sense. He hoped Nika could get some answers about this... Since even she seemed to be in the dark a bit.

He, on the other hand, wasn't going to get any answers even if he went looking for them. He instead opted to visit the cafeteria, grabbing a cup of coffee from it as he took a seat. He sipped from his drink idly, a little sigh escaping him as he closed his eyes. He took a deep breath, before glancing up, noticing Akiko muttering to herself. A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth... Looked like he wasn't the only one who was in a bit of a state after that. He took another drink before standing up, making his way towards her, "...You did a good job keeping up with what was going on out there. I don't think any of us were... Really prepared for that."

The beast they had encountered ended up being a boy, with some sort of crazy shape shifting Id that made them a monster. Lucia felt bad for the kid, and not just because she had just bashed him over the head with a baseball bat. She turned towards her arm, the light line of feathers on it. She thought her Id was monstrous and scary, but this kid... this was something else. Lucia spent the car ride back staring out the window, lost in her own thoughts. In retrospect, it made sense that it was someone's Id. A creature like that doesn't exist, nor should it, and especially not there of all places. Just like how books shouldn't be able to fly, or a girl should be able to mutate herself.

She turned towards her now human hand, letting out a heavy sigh. She had wondered if she would lose her mind and go savage like that kid did if she used her abilities on the wrong animal before, and those thoughts were resurging now. That hawk she had fused with was the first predatory animal she had ever used her abilities on. If she were to fuse with something like a bear or a wolverine, would she be able to control herself? All she knew is that she adapted traits of the animal she copied - how far did that extend?

She remained quiet as she kept staring out the window.

-April 16th, 2000-
-12:30 PM-

Finally,  Nika returned to the Infirmary, stoic as ever. With a slight rap on the door, she cast the group a sideways glance.

"Let's go. There's nothing else for her to do for this mission. And... bring the kid with us. I don't want to leave him here."

Without waiting for a response, the major left once more, heading to the front of the base. She gritted her teeth, now that no one could see the look on her face, barely resisting the urge to punch a wall. That useless bastard... She would have found out more if not for that blasted phone call.

The ride back's silence was deafening as the events continued to roll like film in everyone's minds. At least, until Nika broke it.

"I once again apologize." She spoke, never looking back, "None of you deserve to be in this situation. You performed, for the most part, commendably, and if I had the ability to reward you for this in terms of status or monetary means, I would... But I want each of you to know that you will not get killed on my watch. I will take every mission, no matter how foolish it seems, with the utmost seriousness. So, thank you all for understanding."

-----

-April 16th, 2000-
-3:00 PM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

Upon return, Nika dismissed the group and dropped the kid off with Alek, before heading straight for her office. She sighed as she took her seat, turning to look out the window behind her desk. Foolish. She let people with no experience get that close to death. And Franz surely wanted nothing good, he would probably be showing up any minute... And at that moment, she heard a knock. With a resigned sigh, she turned around.

"Come in."

"Hey..."

"Oh, Captain. I didn't think your group would be done so soon."

"About that... Franz called me."

Nika slumped into her seat a bit, groaning. 

"And what did he want? He called me, too, and cut my mission short."

"He wanted Sergei."

"Pardon?"

"He wanted to meet Sergei. And when we arrived at the UN, he ended up having papers to move him to being his personal body guard."

Nika remained silent, rubbing the bridge of her nose. Just... perfect. Maddy shifted nervously, casting her gaze aside, a sad look on her face.

"That worm... Why does... Gah. Let the recruits know. They're going to be training for the next few weeks, after today, they need it."

"How bad was it?"

"Worse than I could have imagined, but no one was hurt."

"At least there's that..."

-----

-April 17th, 2000-
-10 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

Maddy briefed the group about Sergei leaving the night before, but then the group was left to their own devices. They were told to focus on training and getting to know each other better, and to keep their eyes open for when missions went up. On top of that, they were told to look at the Heraldica shop on their tablets, but to otherwise just focus on unwinding and practice.

What an "eventful" couple of days...at least that was generally what Austin was wanting. The last couple of days, namely yesterday and today, were just a total borefest. The only interesting thing was that the Russian guy, Sergei, was apparently leaving. The phrase that came to Austin's mind was: "Good riddance to bad rubbish", though in this case...it would be, "Good riddance to a shitty Id that I can't even copy"...or something like that. But of course, Austin could've cared less. Aside from the mock battle between him, Sergei and Bookworm, he could've cared less about the Russian leaving.

Alas, Austin found himself looking at the devices that Diluculo gave them. He checked that Heraldica shop on the tablet, seeing just what they had...but at the moment it seemed...lackluster. Tch...what even is this? Shuriken? Knives? A gun with ammunition? C'mon...for a uptight secure government group, you'd think they could give out a few more choices than this...figures. he thought, rolling his eyes some. Aside from the selection, there really wasn't anything that screamed out to him...especially to benefit his own Id. But of course, when he asked them...they didn't have anything that could. So right now, what else would there be of use to him?

He lulled it over in his mind for a moment or two, before rolling his eyes and closing that small app. I'll save what I have...hopefully NEXT time they'll actually have something for me. he thought, before moving to the other section: the rankings. There wasn't anything specific, but Austin figured he'd look right now just to know where he stood...but what he saw wasn't 100% what he enjoyed. 5 MP...while a good portion of this crew had 10 MP. It all came down to basically what missions that would be given and selected.

Austin cursed under his breath before tossing his tablet back on the bed, making a dash out of his room and then to the gym. He needed to clear his head...

Ann's first activity upon returning to base was not in fact resting as she would have liked, but she wasn't tired after those events like she thought she was. Instead, she went to New York Theater Workshop. She needed some relief from today blur of events. It began as Moonlight Sonata, but slowly transformed into a weird improvisation thing in C# minor. It was peaceful, it was relaxing. At least for a few more hours, she would be at peace from the pit of misery.

-April 17th, 2000-
-10 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

Ann's first thought after the meeting was of the previous day, how she let her emotions take control of her actions. She needed to rein in her curse, and without pain medication. While it did help, it was addictive, and however nasty her burden was, it was still useful. So she went to someone who she knew could help. She went to the Major.

Ann knocked on the door to the Major Volkov's office. It took a few minutes, but the Major answered and she entered, sitting in the chair across from the Major's desk. 

"So, I think, uh, we both remember what happened yesterday. I understand that I potentially saved some of my fellow teammates, but I don't want to be that person, to hurt someone to save others, especially a child! I need your help to learn how to better control it. I know there is only a limited number of things you can do, and I can always work with Marcel, but if you couldn't tell, being around him is hard. It hurts a lot, to be around him. Is there anything you can do to help me out?

Ann could only hope, and shutter occasionally from the pain of Marcel's affliction. 

-April 17th, 2000-
-10 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

Marcel wasn't all to surprised to hear about Sergei, and wasn't to upset about it either, having a room to himself was a plus for him and it's not like he knew the guy that well anyway. Not really knowing what do with his day Marcel figured now was as good a time as any to sit in his room and really figure out that tablet thing. He found himself browsing Heraldica, they had been told to look into it after all, but didn't think he could get much use out of anything they had. he wasn't trained with any kind of firearm, a machete was to heavy for him to use without issue, a hiking bag might be a good idea but he doubted buying one from a weapon shop was the best use of his funds. He liked the look of the daggers though, they were even on sale. During the sparring match he'd liked the feel of the knife he'd used, something about the grip of the handle, the way a knife was weighted, he couldn't really explain it, it just felt good to have one.

Eventually looking at weapons got boring. Having gotten a pretty good idea of how the device worked Marcel went to the chat feature, just his teammates and the captain had access to it supposedly, made it pretty convenient for him to talk if need be without going anywhere.

"so . . . how was that combat mission with the Major? haven't heard much about it."

Admittedly he didn't have the interface for the chat figured out exactly so that could have been a direct message to someone, would be a bit embarrassing if it went to the one person who actually didn't go on that trip, or he might have sent it to some sort of general chat.

-April 17th, 2000-
-10 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

All things considered, that could have gone a lot worse. The mission was, by no means, a total success. There was definitely a lack of synergy among them, Cade wasn't sure how to get over that though. Maybe it would come to them as they worked together more, it was hard to say. At the moment, all he wanted to do was lay in bed and rest. If he missed breakfast, he didn't care. He could grab lunch using his parents money, he wouldn't have to worry about breaking into his own funds for minor things for a while. Buying love, and all that.

He heard a small noise come from his nearby tablet. He reached over to grab it, in case it was a mission update already... He shouldn't be, considering they were supposed to be stocking up for the next mission. But, it was still probably a good idea to check.

"so . . . how was that combat mission with the Major? haven't heard much about it."

He paused as he read the message, he had forgotten about the chat function... Or maybe he hadn't even properly looked at it. He took a deep breath as he started to type in a reply...

"It was... Rough. The creature was real and very angry. It came very close to causing major injuries to us. I don't know how much we're allowed to talk about exactly, but it was a kid. Apparently his Id turned him into a creature that just ran on instinct."

He paused there, before continuing to type a bit.

"...I don't like that. I know Akiko says her's is useless. And mine is apparently strong. But one that turns the user into a beast like that..."

He shook his head as he sent that message. It was uncomfortable to say the least. He started to run through the tablet, he had an order to place. The April Special from the shop, the communicators. If he was going to protect the others, he needed to stay tuned in at all times. He tapped at it, adding it to his list, along with scanning some of the other options. He could keep using a dagger, potentially, but... He wanted to expand his options. He tapped on that pistol and ammo option, "...Strictly for emergencies. And I'll need to practice with it."

Click.

Checkout time.