Blake

Diluculo de Inhio [IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

Lucia stared at her file for a moment, standing up from her seat. They had been told to find their rooms, and that they were going to have a mock battle later in the day.

Name: Lucia Emilia Soto Garcia
Codename: Cucuy

Lucia let out a sigh as she read her codename, shaking her head. It seemed like some sort of sick joke, the name ringing in her ears from the fateful day that brought her here. She shook her head, pulling out more of the document; she'd rather not get stuck in the past like that. She was here now, it was better to make the best of it.

Ability seems to warrant further testing. We will find ways to procure more animals.
In the meantime, please focus on building your body, particularly leg strength. Speed will be key.

Leg strength? Well, it was an odd request, although maybe it had something to do with her Id. After checking to see if there was anything else in her file, she put the pages away, holding it under her arm. The idea of using her ability on more animals was both horrifying and exciting, as she wondered what she was capable of doing with other animals. As for the body building, she didn't need to be told twice. She just hoped they had some sort of baseball field somewhere in the facility.

She found her room, Room 202. Her roommate was Raida, the fork knife guy. This was great! She had meant to ask him questions about his Id, due to how similar their abilities were. "This'll be interesting." She said, opening the door to her new room.

The first thing she noticed was that the baseball bat that she had brought here was there. Smiling, she grabbed it, taking a seat on the bed. "Y ahora, esperamos..." She said, taking the moment to rest. While not exhausting, she did feel tired after using her Id like that. She let out a yawn, waiting for her roommate to enter.

Edited by God of :eyes:

"Codename, Rougarou." Marcel rolled his eyes at the pet-name he'd been given. The Louisiana werewolf had little in common with him other than point of origin but he figured he wouldn't have approved of anything they picked. Marcel lay in his chosen bunk, having been sure to get there before his new roommate to choose the side closer to the door, rereading his file to pass the time.

"Strong ability. Focus on how to attack your opponent's mind." What was he really suppose to say to that? It had been more effective when he did as suggested but so had just being angry at his target. ". . . lots of physical training is needed . . ." that was probably his least favorite part of the whole thing, just the idea of doing anything overly physical made every inch of him shudder with phantom pains. Honestly from the state of his body and the extra training he needed because of it Marcel figured the only reason they recruited him at all was because otherwise he'd just be running around exposing people to his Id.

His team line up for the mock fight was interesting, although he hadn't been paired with the one person who's Id he knew a bit about and who, by nature of her own power, he was basically useless against, Marcel figured being paired with the copycat guy would make up for it. Then there was the person he was stuck with in his new room, Sergei. He'd held his own in the sparring match as far as Marcel had seen but his weird "anthropology" interest he'd mentioned during the trick question that was their introduction to each other made Marcel feel like he was the kind to be friendly with people who clearly weren't interested, i.e. Marcel. "S'pose as long as I leave him lone he'll hopefully do the same." Marcel thought out loud and resigned himself to quietly meditating until he was called to meet with the others again.

Untitled.png

"And that's time. If the three of you need a quick shower, there's a locker room at the back of the gym. You will receive reports about your performance and things you need to work on, as well as your future assignments, once we are done with our meeting in the mission room. It is down the hall, on the right. You are dismissed until then."

Well. It looked like Sergei had lost this one. Once the books no longer held their deathgrip on Sergei, he got up to his feet. He hadn't really broken a sweat in that fight. It was pretty short, and compared to that one incident in college with the knife, it felt pretty tame overall. Although, he didn't like being pinned down like that. And that happening meant he didn't get to pull off a trick of his own. Just as well. That just meant he could use it in a future sparring match instead. It would probably only be certain to work once before people saw and understood what he was doing, after all. Best to make that one count.

-April 15th, 2000-
-10 AM-
-Mission Room, Diluculo Branch 22-

This was taking a while. Was everyone perhaps really early? Or could it be the case that Major Volkov & Captain Macha were really late? Whatever it was, just as Sergei was about to get up and look into the matter after some 30-40 minutes of sitting around, the two finally made their appearance. Sergei got ready to stand up for whatever the Major was about to say, and--

"No need to stand, I'm going to keep this brief."

Oh. Sergei went back on the small starting movements he'd made, getting himself comfy in this seat again. Instead, while he kept his ears clear on the Major, his eyes briefly drifted to the envelope he'd been handed. Seemed everyone got one. Must have been important. Best to pay attention to what was being said.

"Inside each of the files you have been given, you have been assigned to one of two groups for later today. We will be having a mock battle with teams of four, with either the captain or myself serving as proctor and advisor. We will not get involved, but we will be there to make sure no one gets injured too badly."

"On top of that, you have room assignments~ I don't know if you were informed that last night's rooms were temporary or not, but we have larger rooms fit for two people, bathrooms built in and all. Your file includes your room number, as well as your roomie."

"That is correct. Please settle into your rooms and relax for a few hours. Camaraderie is important in a line of work like this, so the only criteria from now until 2 PM is that you must not spend your time alone. Your files also contain information about where to report at 2. That will be all for now."

"Have fun~"

And then, just as quickly as they came, they left. Sergei looked his file over now that that was done with.

Name: Shustakov Sergei Victorovich

Codename: Calad

Calad? What was a calad? Perhaps it was a typo? The C and S keys were awfully close to one another... though, Sergei doubted his one (1) whole day here without eating meat was enough to warrant being codenamed Salad. Sergei "Salad" Shustakov. It was almost that thing... the English word was escaping his mind. Like rhyming, but at the start of the word. Whatever. What did the rest of it say?

Room 204, shared with Marcel Barrett... that was the guy in the wheelchair, was it not? He hadn't seen him very long, but Sergei had a bit of trouble understanding what Marcel was saying during that introductory breakfast. As he navigated the base toward his new room, a thought suddenly occurred. Did others perhaps have that same problem when Sergei spoke? Surely someone would have said something if so - especially that Austin guy - but now the thought wasn't leaving his mind. I haven't been out of Russia very long, after all. I'm sure the accent is still there a lot. But if nobody has any problems understanding me, that's for the better. I guess all that time working on pronunciation really did pay off. I should probably read the rest of this file.

Results inconclusive. Ability was not measured, combat ability low.
Lots of training required. Needs to be less trusting.

Fair enough. He was - ultimately - never a fighter. Boxing fan certainly, and he had done that one thing that one time. But overall? Not really his thing in the past. Oh well. That was what training was for, right? To make him ready for all the other stuff. For now, orders were to not spend this time alone, so getting more familiar with his roomie sounded like a good starting point. Once he found his way to room 204, he was pleasantly surprised to see Marcel had already found the place himself.

Come to think of it, Marcel's name was on the other team for the mock battle. And Sergei's file said he needed to be less trusting. Probably not a good idea to say anything that could give him ideas, then. But that didn't mean a little chat would hurt, right?

But what about?

How about the first thing that came to mind?

"So..." Bit of an awkward start, that. But this was the first step, right? Best to just swallow any worries about this going south and just ask. "I must have forgotten. Where did you say you're from again? You have a very interesting accent."

Marcel's inner peace was disturbed far quicker than he'd expected when his new roommate arrived.

"Where did you say you're from again? You have a very interesting accent." he opened his eyes and carefully repositioned himself to as comfortable a sitting position he could. apparently his whole 'I don't talk to him, he won't talk to me' approach wasn't going to be enough.

"Louisiana, N'walins specifically." he made sure to keep his answers short, didn't want to give the guy the impression he wanted a whole conversation. "As foe the 'accent' it's called Yat, as in where y'at, I'm guessin yo expectin me ta ask you somethin now?" Marcel honestly couldn't think of a question for the Russian, people weren't exactly his specialty, but as he thought about it Sergei was on the other team for the upcoming battle and if he could gain some insight into a potential enemy while having a 'friendly' conversation that could be a win-win and they'd both walk away satisfied. "Durin the sparrin you had boxin gloves right? You definitely look like the type that can throw a few punches." So it wasn't exactly a question, and it wasn't going to help if the two eneded up facing each other either, but Marcel figured someone on his side could make use of it. Maybe the guy that absorbed stuff could 'absorb' the hits for him.

-April 15th, 2000-
-2 PM-
-Front Hall, Diluculo Branch 22-

As their free time came to an end, the recruits would find Mathilde waiting for them in front of the exit. Gently rubbing the back of her head and laughing with a little nervous twinge, Maddy addressed the group.

"So, the Major had some, uh, urgent business to attend to. You see, each of these branches has some important government officials that we report to, on top of our military superiors... And our particular correspondent is a bit, em..." The captain shifted a bit, looking about as if to find the perfect answer, before muttering the rest of that thought, "Challenging? Yeah, that's about as nice as I can get... Anyway! The training is on hold for now, but I'm willing to answer any questions the rest of you have. The structure of our organization, what your gameplan will be, how missions are handle'd.. Y'know, the basics. Just let big sis Maddy teach you!"

Leading the group back to the meeting room from earlier, the captain took the chair Nika had previously sat in... Clearly enjoying herself a little too much. One could even say she looked almost like a cat as she got comfortable. However, it was short lived, as she leaned forward, fingers knitted together in front of her face.

"So, what can I teach you guys about, for now? And make sure to take this seriously, or it'll cut into the rest of your free time for the day~"

Cade's question didn't bother her at all. She had been asked this many times, and no matter how weak her Id made her look, it mattered not to her, because the weaker she looked, the more she would be underestimated, and therefore able to get the leg up on her new teammates in competitions. "It is fine. These are the cards life dealt me, and I will use them as best I can.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, until Ann came up with a question for him. "So, you are from France, yes?" She asked. Before he could respond, she began to speak in French, hoping that speaking the language would help foster a connection between them, because Ann wanted at least to not have an awkward relationship between them. *I know some French as well. Does this help you feel more pleasant?*

And on they went, continuing to just talk and awkwardly ask questions in English and French, just passing the time until the Team Exercise.

-April 15th, 2000-
-2 PM-

Ann had not expected to be waiting for the Major to come to her own Team Exercise. However, at the very least she could ask questions to the Captain. After sitting down in the meeting room, Ann took the opportunity to ask the first few questions. 

"I, uh, have two questions for you, Captain. First, could you maybe possibly not refer to yourself as an older sibling. It makes me feel, um..." She paused for a second to think about the words she was going to say, and then abruptly spoke again. "It makes me feel uncomfortable, okay?" She stated quickly. She then slowed down and asked her second question. "Second, are their any specific rules we should know about?" Ann then listened for the answer, then slightly sank into her chair as she waited for this Q&A session to end.

At least it didn't seem to upset her, really. He wasn't looking to cause rifts so early in the lifespan of this little... Experiment Diluculo was working with. It wasn't his intention at all. But she seemed to not mind too much, even if, maybe, it was just an act on her part. He shook his head a tiny bit, "That's about as much as any of us can do."

He didn't press that topic though, he had gotten out of this deal lucky, from what he had experienced so far. She had changed the topic quickly though, and while he was about to respond, she quickly spoke up in French, a little chuckle escaping him as he nodded his head, before responding back to her, "Ah, yes, I come from France. It's nice to... Occasionally speak French. I was planning on doing exercises while here, to make sure I didn't grow rusty with it."

The conversation went back and forth, Cade appreciated that he would be able to at least practice his native tongue while here. It wouldn't do to forget it entirely.

-April 15th, 2000-
-2 PM-

He would be lying if he said he wasn't a little bit relieved, at least. No matter what side of the combat he was on, he would feel a little bit... Weird about it now, considering that note in the memo he was given. If he really was at risk of growing over reliant on his Id, he wanted to try and start combating that as soon as possible... But he really had no idea where to start. He didn't have much in the way of prior training, combat-wise, it was all based on his athletics earlier in life and his recent experimentation with the Id...

He raised an eyebrow when Ann requested a particular habit of the captain's be... Toned down. He hadn't thought much of it, but... He supposed it was reasonable that some of the others might not be entirely comfortable with it. He coughed a little bit as he tried to avoid commenting on what she said...

Instead, when there was a moment for him to speak up, he did, "How should we expect to be alerted to missions? Will we get much warning ahead, or is it more likely that we don't get much time to prepare?"

Admittedly, the answer... Didn't matter too much to him. No matter what it was, it was something they were going to have to deal with it either way. Very rarely did new recruits get any real say in how things work. But... It helped to at least be prepared for the sudden change of plans, if that's what was likely.

-April 15th, 2000-

-2 PM-

Akiko seemed to be a bit to herself, vaguely listening as she was still mulling through the thoughts clouding her head as she sat down at the table they'd been at earlier. She glances to Mathilde as she requests them to ask her questions, giving a small frown as she thought about it. She hadn't really put much thought into anything she could ask in particular, watching as Ann and Cade seemed to bring up questions well enough on their own. Though she realizes something that might be important to ask, glancing towards Mathilde.

"Who is it that we actually answer to? With the... specifics this group is created for I have to work under the assumption that we're likely a more controlled group, right?" She nodded to herself, happy with that as a question. "If the answer is everyone higher in the organization, what part of the structure are we actually a part of?" She tilts her head a bit, putting a finger up to her lips, "Ah, I suppose this would also be a more... private question, but how are weapons handled within the organization, such as the purchasing or owning of one?"

Akiko lets out a breath, a bit out of it from her honestly rapid-fire questions, rubbing the back of her neck, "Ehe, sorry if that was a bit too much at once..."

Untitled.png

Major Volkov was busy. So basically, meeting up here had its point defeated, but the Captain was on the ball with this. She was going to use the now-open time to answer questions for the new recruits. That was the gist of it, and Sergei was pleased to hear questions covering an array of different parts of working with Diluculo. Missions, weapons, and rules. Not a bad start. Though aside from all that, there was something on Sergei's mind. It had to do with the organization of this place technically, so it was sure to be a valid question. And frankly, it was bothering him for a few hours now, and this seemed like the best time to ask.

"Is Major Volkov new to her position, by any chance?" Sergei asked.

Marcel was happy to hear the mock fight had been delayed, he didn't think he'd be all that useful in a fight until he got a better grasp on both his teammates Id's and his own. instead the captain opened the floor to questions. He wasn't all to curious compared to the others and didn't think he needed to know who exactly was in charge or how they'd be getting weapons, but he figured having the knowledge couldn't hurt. "Since we are all asking around I've got kind of an add on to, uh, Cade? His question. What sorta missions will this group being handling?" Marcel asked, thinking now was his chance to find out exactly what they intended to do with a power like his.

-April 15th, 2000-
-2 PM-

Their mock fight seemed to have been put on hold for now. A bit of a shame, since she wanted to not only play around with her powers but see what else every could do, but it was fine. On the other hand, the newly freed up time allowed everyone to ask any questions they had about their whole situation. Lucia wondered about a lot, although a lot of her questions had to do with her Id specifically. However, there was something else she was wondering...

"So... what exactly are we going to be dealing with?" She said, gripping the end of her baseball bat. "Our first bit of training was a mock fight... are we forming some sort of superhero team? Or is it more like... spies?"  She shrugged, chuckling at how silly it sounded when she said it out loud. "I'm just wondering what exactly we're expected to do, is all."

"I'm actually a bit shocked someone managed to use it in combat. I suppose you've got to have on-the-fly thinking with an Id like copying. Maybe I do need some training with it, I've only known about it for like 2 weeks... That's not exactly enough time to learn everything about it. Kind of still... shole-shacked I think is what it's called in English? I guess maybe I could put in some training for not using my Id too and implement that into some sort of fighting style...Although apparently I'm useless for fighting and a better fit for comms according to what they could figure out about my Id. Which I mean... guess they're right, cuz the heck is saying two things at once gonna do in-combat? Maybe confuse someone for a second? How'd it even help you out?"

Austin shrugged. "I told Sergei a lie that he had me right where he wanted me and told him to just finish me off already, while telling a truth to Cade that I'm basically in position to have Sergei focused on me and had him strike him with his book power." he explained, not shying from the usefulness to it. "Yeah I basically gave up at that point and that showed on my...eh, suppose you'd call this shit a progress report? ...anyway, she didn't realize I was basically testing the waters on both of these Ids and their users...and the Bookworm is actually stronger than I thought."

And that was generally the end of the conversation, even though there was plenty more idle chit-chat to be had...

-April 15th, 2000-
-2 PM-

"So, the Major had some, uh, urgent business to attend to. You see, each of these branches has some important government officials that we report to, on top of our military superiors... And our particular correspondent is a bit, em... Challenging? Yeah, that's about as nice as I can get... Anyway! The training is on hold for now, but I'm willing to answer any questions the rest of you have. The structure of our organization, what your gameplan will be, how missions are handle'd.. Y'know, the basics. Just let big sis Maddy teach you! So, what can I teach you guys about, for now? And make sure to take this seriously, or it'll cut into the rest of your free time for the day~"

Needless to say, Austin was incredibly pissed off about this turn out. All this excitement to view and learn more about Henshin from the source, only to be thrown out the window just because the Major had business to attend to. It was pretty annoying to say the least.

"Tch...talk about lame..." he muttered, groaning a bit as he rolled his eyes. However, Austin shrugged some, getting comfortable slightly before hearing all the other questions from the rest of the group. "Okay, two things! One, can ya not call yourself 'big sis'? Nooooooot a fan of it...and two, how can I score a date with you?" he gave a sly smirk, probably knowing at this point all eyes were on him and his womanizing comment. "...okay chill...it was a joke, so calm yourself down. Actual question: how many other people in the world have these damn powers?"

-April 15th, 2000-
-2 PM-
-Mission Room, Diluculo Branch 22-

"I, uh, have two questions for you, Captain. First, could you maybe possibly not refer to yourself as an older sibling. It makes me feel, um... It makes me uncomfortable, okay?" 

"Okay, two things! One, can ya not call yourself 'big sis'? Nooooooot a fan of it...and two, how can I score a date with you?" 

"Aww, but that's how I see myself..." Maddy looked down a little, dejected by Ann and Austin's immediate response, before the last part of it caught her ears, pursing her lips as she replied. "After putting someone down, you'd really ask them out? How shameless..."

"...okay chill...it was a joke, so calm yourself down. Actual question: how many other people in the world have these damn powers?"

"Mmm, at least you asked a good question to make up for it... But the answer is that we don't really know? The official count is less than 700 right now, but there are many people who manage to fly under the radar, and Id seem to be growing exponentially... All of you are part of what is called 'Id Generation 1.5', and, as we told you earlier, there are around 300 of you that the world is aware of. The first 'Id Generation', the group including the Major and Myself, is slightly older than you, but there were only about 200 of us recruited at the time. Just keep in mind that the less than 700 includes criminals and others that popped up in the past 10 or so years and drew the attention of the higher-ups."

"Second, are there any specific rules we should know about?"

"Mmm... Nothing special. As your commanding officer, the Major can add rules as needed, but the most important things are just to report when you're told, do not cause a ruckus, and absolutely do NOT draw attention to the existence of Id, whenever possible."

"How should we expect to be alerted to missions? Will we get much warning ahead, or is it more likely that we don't get much time to prepare?"

"Since we are all asking around I've got kind of an add on to, uh, Cade? His question. What sorta missions will this group being handling?"

"So... what exactly are we going to be dealing with? Our first bit of training was a mock fight... are we forming some sort of superhero team? Or is it more like... spies? I'm just wondering what exactly we're expected to do, is all."  

"All good questions! First off, Cade, with the exception of emergency situations, if any, they will be up to you to complete. With the state of Id and the world as a whole, we don't actually have a ton of missions, outside of trying to appear normal and keeping our eyes open. We get either orders from above or leads from people out in the area about strange events, and we'll be posting them. You guys aren't the only ones who will be using the system, so some missions that cross over with nearby areas will be potentially covered by other Diluculo branches. Basically, each day you will check your mission assignments for the day, week, whatever, and sign up for it. Some are short, some are long, but we will generally try to assign three to five of you per mission, unless it's either super simple or difficult. One of us higher ups will accompany you for your first missions, and then on more dangerous missions. Think of it like quests, if you've ever played a RPG Video Game. The ones based on hearsay from the area will be ones that you can take up if you have time, but they might not last forever..."

Glancing at Marcel, then Lucia, Maddy continued her explanation.

"And I kinda answered your questions with Cade's, but I'll elaborate on the specifics. The missions will generally be combat based, but some will be reconnaissance or simply getting a part time job that keeps you from doing others. Of course, you could call the latter type spying, but it's more just trying to keep tabs on an ever changing world. Our official status is that of a military group, monitoring the emergence and use of Id within the area in and around New York, but if thinking of us as superheroes makes you feel better about all of this, go ahead! Just, y'know... Superheroes with a boss. That report to higher bosses. And the leaders of the world."

"Who is it that we actually answer to? With the... specifics this group is created for I have to work under the assumption that we're likely a more controlled group, right? If the answer is everyone higher in the organization, what part of the structure are we actually a part of? Ah, I suppose this would also be a more... private question, but how are weapons handled within the organization, such as the purchasing or owning of one?"

Akiko let out a breath, as the captain blinked a bit, "Ehe, sorry if that was a bit too much at once..."

"No, it's okay, Akiko," Mathilde smiled softly at the girl as she shook her head, "It's completely normal to ask questions like that in this situation. Let's see... If you wanna go all the way to the top, the answer is that we answer to the United Nations. Diluculo is a joint effort by the nations of the world to come together and assess, understand, and handle the threat and promise that Id can represent. Major Volkov is the head of this branch, and she reports directly to the head of the entire organization, as well as to that politician I mentioned earlier, though that's more a matter of obligation than actually reporting. He's just... difficult, to say the least. He was considered a rising star in US politics before this worldwide initiative began, so he's a bit of a control freak."

Maddy took a deep breath, and sipped at a glass of water on the table before continuing.

"Aaaanyway, there are branches all over the world, and we're just one. A small one, too, because the UN itself is the headquarters for the entirety of Diluculo. I'm sure all of you saw it when arriving, but it's next door. We're meant to be a training branch, henceforth, while many of the operatives who came from the generation with the Major... I'mma call her Nika when she's not around... Nika and myself, who are simply poised as regular UN employees. Some are strong, some are weak, some may even be brought in to help train you on occasion. As far as weapons go, funds from around the globe go towards our weaponry. It used to be standard military fare, but they're more lenient with you guys, as they finally realized that some Id are more specialized than others. As such, once you have had a decent amount of training, you will be given a weapon of your choice, which we will order, with any specifications in mind. You will be able to repair them once a month for free, anything else will come out of your earnings. Speaking of, your earnings will be based on which missions you complete and how well you perform, so make sure to do your best! And, of course, any wages you make on said part-time jobs."

"Is Major Volkov new to her position, by any chance?" Sergei asked as Maddy took another deep breath.

"... Yes, and no. She's new to having new recruits, but she rose up to Captain in under a year. Given how she's my only superior at this branch, and there's only one person above her, I think you get the picture. She has some quirks with how she runs her ship, but she was given this branch due to her performance as a leader over the past four years. She also has one of the highest success rates in the entirety of Diluculo, both for herself and others, though she doesn't wear any of the medals or display the awards. I guess she's just not the type..."

The captain glanced at a clock on the wall, finding that her long winded discussions had taken around 45 minutes by this point. With a slight smirk, she stretched in the seat and downed her glass of water, pointing to the group.

"Now, why don't we make this fun?" The smirk grew into a mischievous grin, "I promise this is no test, but I was supposed to keep you guys occupied until Nika returned... So why don't we just share a fun fact about each of ourselves or something? Like, something that isn't going to be compromising in combat, so Nika can't protest..." Maddy pursed her lips a little, humming, "Oooor we could play truth or dare! I'm sure Alec, our resident medic, has a nice truth serum ready for me to use on each of you. So, which will it be~?"

OOC

There is no REAL choice, so tell a fun fact about your character. This will probably be the last round of the first day, with the first mission board going up soon in the Discord.

Ann pondered for a second, searching for a good item that wouldn't hurt herself in the fight. She could mention that she was homeless for the greater part of two years, but that would undermine her deception of making herself seem weaker than she actually was. She could mention that she had a higher pain tolerance, but it would have the exact same effect. She waited a little longer, and then it came to her.

"So... I asked the first question, so I might as well state the first fact."

She took a deep breath, and then spoke.

"I am a practiced pianist. I found a theater in the city who's staff was  kind enough to allow me to practice at their facilities, and I regularly go over there to practice. I would be willing to show you all my talent, not all at the same time though!" She stated quickly, just thinking of the crowd and of stage fright. She shuddered at the thought.

"Okay, who is next?"

Untitled.png

The short answer was: Kinda. This was her first time with new recruits, but apparently Major Volkov was a big deal within Diluculo. Interesting. So why assign her here, other than the branch's importance and her success within the organization? Oh well. Sergei wasn't the brass, so there was sure to be some factors piled on deeper in there than he was aware of. And honestly? He didn't want to be the brass.

"Now, why don't we make this fun? I promise this is no test, but I was supposed to keep you guys occupied until Nika returned... So why don't we just share a fun fact about each of ourselves or something? Like, something that isn't going to be compromising in combat, so Nika can't protest... Oooor we could play truth or dare! I'm sure Alec, our resident medic, has a nice truth serum ready for me to use on each of you. So, which will it be~?"

First up was Ann. Apparently, she was a practiced pianist! Nobody else seemed to be stepping up to the plate, so Sergei took the opportunity to share a fun fact about himself. "I may not look like it, but I actually partied quite a lot during college. In the last few months when I had my Id, I didn't lose a single drinking contest, and can probably drink all of you combined under the table thanks in part to it."

Marcel tried to think of some sort of story while Ann and Sergei talked, surprising spending most of your time in a state of pain didn't lead to the most adventurous life. He did eventually remember something but it wasn't an anecdote he was that proud of, still, it was better than ending up as the only guy who didn't have anything to say.

"I've got one, not really a talent or somethin' that interesting if I'm bein' honest, but when I first started usin' a chair a coupla kids started callin' me professor X, like from the comic, not exactly the most insulting thing they could've gone with if ya ask me." He paused. Marcel wasn't sure what to leave out so he just went with the 'nice' version of what happened. "Anyway, one day one of the . . . less intelligent ones was bothin' me so I told 'im if he didn't move along I'd use my 'powers' to blow his head up." Marcel smirked a bit as he thought of a sort of punchline to the whole thing. "Guess in a way they ended up being right, I'm here with a bunch of other weirdo's that basically have superpowers and I might have used my Id to get a bit of belated revenge before I was brought in."

Marcel quickly changed focus to something, anything, else. He didn't really want the attention and was kind of embarrassed by what he had said, even more so by what he'd left out.

Akiko gives a small nod, letting out a breath as Mathilde answers her questions, "Something unique about each of us that wouldn't hurt us in combat, huh?" She glances towards the others as they seem to give some small answers she could use as examples. 

"I suppose I used to enjoy hiking quite a bit, exploration and seeing what nature has to offer has always fascinated me. Listening to streams, chirping birds, and the like..." She seemed to get a distant look on her face for a moment, before quickly shaking her head, "Oh, uhm, I also enjoy games of chance like Tarot Readings, Card Games, and stuff!" She gives a smile, humming to herself. 

She looks to Mathilde, "You're gonna like, give an answer too, right? And are you sure uhm... Nika won't be too upset at you calling her that around us?"

Lucia nodded as Maddy explained how their missions worked. It seemed like they were some sort of super hero group, going on various missions. The thought of that was kind of exciting, if it weren't for the danger involved. She was sure they would probably be safe... right?

As the questions got answered, the tables were turned on them. Now the group were being asked a question - specifically, to share something about themselves. Lucia knew what she wanted to say, placing her baseball bat behind her neck. "I'm sure most of you could tell, but I like to play baseball!" She said with a wide grin, planting her bat back onto the ground. "Not to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty good at it too!"

"Aww, but that's how I see myself...After putting someone down, you'd really ask them out? How shameless...Mmm, at least you asked a good question to make up for it... But the answer is that we don't really know? The official count is less than 700 right now, but there are many people who manage to fly under the radar, and Id seem to be growing exponentially... All of you are part of what is called 'Id Generation 1.5', and, as we told you earlier, there are around 300 of you that the world is aware of. The first 'Id Generation', the group including the Major and Myself, is slightly older than you, but there were only about 200 of us recruited at the time. Just keep in mind that the less than 700 includes criminals and others that popped up in the past 10 or so years and drew the attention of the higher-ups."

Generation 1.5 was where Austin found himself...300 of them in the world as of current from this generation but a grand total of 700. A smirk began to stretch across the young man's face at hearing this little revelation. That was 700 Id that he could possibly utilize to his advantage by copying them...but alas, he'd need to find out if there was any possible way to get them to reveal their power as well as it being something he could easily observe and copy.

Otherwise, it's going to be just like the whole Sergei situation...still pisses me off he didn't give any type of demonstration on that...

"Now, why don't we make this fun? I promise this is no test, but I was supposed to keep you guys occupied until Nika returned... So why don't we just share a fun fact about each of ourselves or something? Like, something that isn't going to be compromising in combat, so Nika can't protest... Oooor we could play truth or dare! I'm sure Alec, our resident medic, has a nice truth serum ready for me to use on each of you. So, which will it be~?"

The sheer discomfort in hearing this idea being proposed by Maddy really was displayed on Austin's face. A fun fact? What would the fun fact be for him at this point? That he's a colossal failure? That he could do nothing but pale in comparison to his "Do No Wrong" twin brother? The thought of this being mentioned out loud sickened Austin, his face contorting in such a disgusting manner.

Finally, Austin had something in mind to mention. No way in hell was he going to mention his damn brother...not now, not ever. "I'm a sucker for classic rock. New age stuff, eh it's fine to a certain extent...but it can't really beat the classics." he threw out there. It wasn't necessarily a "fun" fact about him, but it was something he enjoyed that he actually cared to want to say anything about.

"I promise this is no test, but I was supposed to keep you guys occupied until Nika returned... So why don't we just share a fun fact about each of ourselves or something? Like, something that isn't going to be compromising in combat, so Nika can't protest..." 

Cade was, admittedly, a little bit tired of this already. They were just reprimanded for being too open earlier, and while that may have been about their powers, this wasn't really something he was interested in talking about now, after that. Some of the others seemed unsure about what they were going to open up with, and to be honest, he couldn't blame them...

He wasn't sure he wanted to say anything at this point, but it seemed like he wasn't going to have a choice. The others were slowly making their way through their own 'fun' facts and it was all relatively mundane. Piano, drinking, nature...

He let out a little sigh as he closed his eyes briefly, rubbing at his head slightly as he waited. Something as minor, as unimportant as possible was what he wanted to dig for here, something that would never, ever be important on a day to day basis. "Well... I suppose I could mention something about the brief time I spent visiting Spain... It was... Alright enough. It wasn't long, and I didn't get to see as much as I would have liked."

He shrugged his shoulders a little bit. He wasn't the type to go on about things, and... Well, while the trip itself had been fine, he had been on his own for the most of it. His parents weren't very interested in sightseeing over taking care of their own personal business.

The captain nodded along as the group gave their little tidbits, smiling. She took note that one sidestepped it entirely, others seemed adverse to it, and some embraced it. There were some tougher nuts, but nothing that couldn't be worked on. At the end, once everyone else had answered, Akiko added something on.

"You're gonna like, give an answer too, right? And are you sure uhm... Nika won't be too upset at you calling her that around us?"

"Yes, Captain Macha. Do you think that 'Nika' won't be too upset?"

The group would look to the entrance of the meeting room to find the Major standing there. She looked a bit more disgruntled than earlier, but the difference was rather small. As she stepped into the room, Maddy scrambled out of the seat and into one right next to it, sitting there with her back straight.

"Well, it's no matter," Nika sighed as she took her seat, her face conveying her annoyance, clashing with her calm tone, "I figured she would do it sooner or later, so it doesn't change much. I merely ask that you all follow protocol and refer to me as Major or Major Volkov when in any official capacity. Understood?"

"Oh, come on! You don't have more faith than that in me?" Maddy pouted some more at Nika, earning another sigh from her friend, "I'm hurt!"

"That aside, I trust that you had your answers questioned? If there are any other questions you have, you will be able to answer them with your tablets. Each of you will be provided a digital device that looks like a small computer screen that you hold in your hand. It has a touch screen, so you don't need a keyboard, and it can connect to the internet... However, these are currently limited to our own server and bulletin board system. That will be wear your missions will be posted, and there will be an area for you to post requests. Questions, concerns, requests for leave, and so on. There is also a chat system for communicating with people within Diluculo and our associated. For the time being, this means the 8 of you plus Captain Macha. Your name will not appear with your actions on it, but your codename will, even in the chat. By now, the tablets should have been placed in your rooms, so please, learn how they work. This is experimental hardware not yet available to the public, so consider yourselves lucky. With that, you are all dismissed for the rest of the day. Your first missions will begin tomorrow morning, so make sure you get some rest. The morning comes sooner than you think."

Nika maintained her posture until the recruits had all left, immediately losing her composure slightly to slump back against the chair, a small groan escaping her.

"Same as usual, then?"

"He is a nightmare. He found out about the new group, and he came unglued that he was not informed prior."

"He doesn't even hold any power over us, directly. I could never put up with him like you do."

"I'm just doing what I can, Maddy."

-----

-April 16th, 2000-
-5 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

As soon as the hour began, the tablets the group had inspected before the end of the night would begin blaring loudly, waking up anyone but the soundest of sleepers. The first thing that they would notice was a notification that three new Missions were available, each marked urgent.

On further inspection, each of the recruits would find that the third mission was already claimed, by Nue... Raida.

The first mission required them to meet in the front hall by 7 AM, while the latter required them to meet there at 9 AM, with further info about each of them listed on the BBS.

When the time came, it was up to the recruits to report to the Front Hall on time.

-----

-April 16th, 2000-
-6:50 AM-

As the time came close, Nika stood, waiting, just outside of the front doors, still wearing a suit, despite the potential for combat. She looked at her watch, then to the distance, tapping her foot impatiently. As the recruits arrived, she would give them a simple nod, then another glance at her watch. Finally, the clock hit 7:05... and a shuttle arrived to take them down to New Jersey.

"Took you guys long enough," Nika spoke flatly to the driver, taking the passenger seat, glancing to her subordinates, "Pile in. This is not our vehicle, but the organization's, so please do not damage it."

Once everyone made it in , the ride began, leaving them with enough time to talk, eat some food, drink some coffee, or sleep. The Major stayed mostly quiet through the trip, leaving the recruits to their devices.

-----

-April 16th, 2000-
-8:45 AM-

Maddy stood in the front hall, wearing what appeared to be the most casual outfit she had. A slightly loose tee, her hair up in a ponytail, and a short pair of jean capris, reaching just past her knees. She had a purse over her shoulder, her face made up just a bit. She hummed and rocked on her heels as she waited for everyone to arrive, giving each of them an enthusiastic wave. When her three little ducklings arrived, she addressed them properly.

"Who's ready to have a day of fun? I mean, yeah, there's some official business... but we have a few hours before that, so let's get going! Anywhere you guys wanna visit first?"

-----

OOC

The Missions will be on the Diluculo BBS channel on the Discord server. You may either first-come-first-serve with posts, OR you can discuss it with others on the server, especially if you cannot post immediately.

The money and Mission Points (MP) that you earn will be more relevant in the near future.

-April 16th, 2000-
-5 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

Ann had had an actual good night of sleep. It was surprising, considering the fact that Marcel was not far away and regularly ached. However, she had been awake for only a few minutes when her new "tablet" decided the best time to wake up was five-o-clock. It was fine anyway. It's not like she had anything to do anyways.

She immediately went into the bathroom and took a quick cold shower. She then put on some clothes that reminded her of what she wore on the streets, Jeans ripped up at the bottom of the legs, an oversized black hoodie, and her crimson scarf torn slightly. She got some of her preferred survival equipment together, her pocket knife, her canteen,  her lighter, and some other odds and ends. She did need to pick up some food, for breakfast and for the road. She stepped outside of the building, trying to find

-April 16th, 2000-
-6:50 AM-

Ann had not been idle. She had gotten herself a turkey and cheese sandwich and a bag of assorted nuts and seeds. She was actually surprised how close the nearest convenience store was, she didn't even have to call a cab. She even had time to go to the training room and pick up a dagger, not her traditional weapon, but it would be useful in defending herself.

She was only slightly annoyed at the fact the car was late. But it mattered little. All that mattered was that she was on her first mission, and Ann could almost feel excitement. She was nervous, but only enough to keep her on edge. It would be a long ride down, so she, crammed into the middle seat, just sat and felt the pain of those passing by. 

-April 16th, 2000-
-5 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

When those tablets started to blare, well... Cade wasn't pleased really. Sleep was already hard enough to come by here, being woken up before dawn just for this, that's just too much. He slowly roused himself from his sleep as he mumbled, reaching over to grab at the tablet as it blared for his attention. He wasn't entirely sure what this was about in his half-awake state, but he managed to make out a few words on the tablet. There was buttons to click, something about missions, he couldn't care less right now. He just wanted the noise to end.

He gave the tablet a few quick pats and smacks to try and stop the screeching, and was met with the sounds of mission registration. He mumbled a tiny bit as he took a closer look at the screen, finally sitting up after the noise stopped. He had to be in the front hall at seven. Delightful. 

He heard the sounds of Ann entering the bathroom as he looked at the tablet, seemed like she had made the same decision then. He dragged himself out of the bed and started to get dressed in some casual clothes... There were a few places around here that were open this early for breakfast. He could grab a quick one, get back and take a quick shower, and then meet in the front hall... It was probably a good idea to grab a few extra snacky type objects for the mission too.

The only good thing about picking this mission... Well, he would be able to earn his own money and this will give him a chance to avoid asking his parents for any aid for a little while.

-April 16th, 2000-
-6:30 AM-
-Room 203, Diluculo Branch 22-

After his breakfast, (There was actually a delightful little family owned business that opened for breakfast not too far from the base, he would have to visit them a lot.) and a quick stop by a local convenience store on his way back to the base. He had managed to grab a little shower, getting himself prepared as he packed his bags. He had maybe... Ten minutes before he needed to be in the front hall, he definitely didn't want to be late, so all that was left was to start packing his bags. A few books of various sizes were a given, but in the extra pockets he made sure to pack away some extra things. A small, personal medical kit that he had picked up before leaving his home, a canteen of his own, the little snack bars he had picked up from the convenience store...

He seemed well enough prepared, at least, he hoped. All that was left was the dagger he had forgotten to put away after the sparring match, but... He wanted to take it anyway. The forgetfulness just meant it was one less trip he had to make down there today. He strapped that on underneath his sleeve as he grabbed his bag and made his way towards the front hall.

Unsurprisingly, Nika would be the one heading this mission. As he wanted for the car to arrive, he pulled one of his books from the bag to crack it open, humming idly as he started to read. The car wasn't that late, at least... He didn't feel like it was that late. He admittedly stopped keep track as soon as he got here.

"Pile in. This is not our vehicle, but the organization's, so please do not damage it."

He glanced at the car as he nodded his head, entering the shuttle as he took a little glance around. Coffee sounded fantastic, so he made a beeline for it to start preparing himself some, a little sigh escaping him as he did. When it was ready, he took the cup back to a seat carefully, settling down as he did. A two hour drive wasn't too bad, but... Admittedly, he wasn't experienced with traveling like this. He took a little breath, before taking a sip of his drink...

"...Major Volkov? When we arrive at the destination, what's the first thing we should prepare to do? I can't say I know much about... New Jersey, really. It didn't come up when I reading up on the plane ride over much."

Edited by Kazooie

-April 16th, 2000-
-5 AM-
-Diluculo Branch 22-

Austin was in quite the dilemma between these little missions. Granted, there were three, but one was simply filled by Henshin...and that posed quite the problem for him in general. This left the last two options being either combat oriented and reconnaissance, however, Austin found himself pretty much hitting his head against the wall. What ever could be the reason for this little issue? Two words: his Id.

DAMNIT ALL!!! he thought, silently cursing as he got himself ready. The one assisting Id for him to copy and mimic in battle was going to be staying here, meaning the only viable options were Bookworm's Id and the Animimic...the problem was...there was zero guarantee that he'd be on the side with one or the other. This meant... I'm going to be stuck with the manner of NOT being able to utilize my Id at all...save for the babe's vocal one...which isn't going to help me out much.

With a defeated sigh, he figured he'd go with combat. Truth be told, he was going to be prepared for combat either way...sort of his way of living was expect the unexpected...or just be prepared regardless.

-April 16th, 2000-
-8:45 AM-

Austin was pissed beyond all reason. He was prepared for the combat mission, prepped and ready to go...however, he lost track of time...and got distracted. The young man's hand met his face in annoyance, as it slowly slid off as he stared at their esteemed leader in this mission...

"Who's ready to have a day of fun? I mean, yeah, there's some official business... but we have a few hours before that, so let's get going! Anywhere you guys wanna visit first?"

Yet another failure to manage time...this was now what he was stuck with. Her and this group's Ids...joyous day. ...least I'm getting paid for this bullshit. Austin thought with a grumble. He rolled his eyes and dug his hands into his pockets, scoffing slightly. "...don't care honestly..."

Marcel fumbled around with the new device a bit before he was able to shut it up. Loud beeping noise wasn't exactly on top of his list for sounds to wake up to, maybe there was a way to change that he could figure out, but it was apparently an effective one. He read through his options for his first mission and, after around five seconds of careful consideration, Marcel opted for the less violent alternative since it was basically just an excuse to go sight seeing as far as he could tell. Since he apparently didn't have to actually show up until around nine Marcel figured he could sleep in and worry about getting ready later.

He arrived in the front hall, surprisingly to him, before any of the other recruits after throwing on whatever cloths he saw first, skipping breakfast for convenience, and spending a good fifteen minutes mentally preparing himself for a day of walking, he figure he could use the extra time to organised his bag a bit better. As he half focused on sorting his wallet, water, and trail mix in a convenient manner Marcel kept an eye out for the teammates that, like him, had chosen the far easier mission. Once the other two had arrived the Captain asked if there was anything they all wanted to see. Marcel wasn't much of a tourist, he didn't really know what the sights were anyway, so he figured he'd just let the others answer and he could hang back for a bit and just try to enjoy himself with whatever came up.