Summer Damian

I figured out a way for you to get to know me: AMA!

What would you consider as the top three selling points of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

11 minutes ago, Yui said:

What would you consider as the top three selling points of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Hello, Internet, and welcome to WatchMojo, where I'll be counting down the top three selling points of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! But first, be sure to like and subscribe!

3. The fights... from Part 3 onwards. Stands are a very unique power system that allow for some serious mind games and creative solutions to specific situations. When combined with the next point, the fights are guaranteed to draw you in! Hamon's a bit more iffy, though, since it's pretty much an anti-vampire reskin of Chakra/Ki/the Heart of the Cards, and in Part 2 especially there are some pretty contrived coincidences.

2. The characters. The characters in JoJo are very deep and give themselves to lots of analysis. Analysis about their relationships, about their Stand abilities, about what exactly is going on inside their heads... You also grow pretty attached to them over time. Another thing about the characters is that, while they might not change much over the course of one Part, they do appear in subsequent parts, and it's always nice to see how they grow.

1. The uniqueness. Araki just does whatever he wants. He doesn't care about your "rules" or "genre conventions." Heck, he doesn't even respect basic plot armor! He goes all-out on the hamminess, brings on the camp, and turns the creativity dial to "unprecedented." Thisf is why the series has so many memes-

You fell for it, fool!

Thunder Cross Split Attack!

I would hesitate to say that JoJo invented all of the things that make it stand out (besides Stands), but it's very different from everything else out there. If nothing else, you should watch it because you can't get anything quite like it anywhere else.

15 hours ago, radio414 said:

Your introduction thread said you would like to write fanfiction, but what about?

Mostly My Hero Academia at the moment, although that may be because I've been binging it today. I might think of something else later.

As for what the plot may be, I did have an idea for an AU where (minor spoilers)

Spoiler

Bakugo and Midoriya are swapped: Midoriya inherited his father's fire-breathing, while Bakugo ended up Quirkless. Through a chain of events I don't want to reveal at this point, though, Bakugo ends up with One For All. I'll have to check how inheriting One For All works to see if my idea for how that might come about is valid.

I've also been thinking of an AU where

Spoiler

Midoriya had a more technological bent. He never receives One For All from All Might, but he decides instead to go into the support course and develop items that might help him become a hero, even without a Quirk

and maybe a fic focusing on some OCs in the past, before All Might brought back the peace. (I'll have to get caught up with the show before I write that, though.)

Other than that, I've been a bit short on ideas lately.