Sign in to follow this  
Summer Darj

Custom Card Tournament

Basically, this is a tournament where each participant is allowed to submit 1~3 custom cards, and run up to 3 copies of each like with normal cards, to play with. That means up to 9 custom cards in a deck. That way you can make some of your dreams come true, like taking your favorite archetype to top tier levels, test splashable tech cards, and so on. However, there a couple of details I want to discuss with players who are interested:

- A power level should be determined for the custom cards. If broken cards were allowed, they could derail the tournament by reaching ridiculous levels of power. On the other hand, only allowing cards that are too fair may make things stale and potentially pointless. For this, I would like to determine the acceptable power levels for the custom cards, as well as have the support of at least 2 peers who assist with reviewing, fixing if necessary, and approving submitted cards for the tournament.

- The cards you submit will be available to all participants. This is intended to work as a balance filter since, if you make anything too appealing, you have to be wary of the possibility for your opponents to play them in their decks and thus against you. In a way, all custom cards get added to the cardpool for this tournament.

- Finally, would like to discuss and establish a banlist for the tournament. It would be silly if efforts are made with making custom cards only for the same decks that are currently topping in TCG or OCG to end up winning anyway. On top of the current hits that TCG and OCG did separately, I'm thinking on hitting cards they both are missing, namely Gumblar and even Rhongo. But ideally I want to reach an agreement with the participants.

Proposed banlist so far:
January OCG banlist
+
Forbidden:
Number 86: Heroic Champion - Rhongomyniad
Topologic Gumblar Dragon

Limited:
Armageddon Knight

Semi-Limited
Destiny HERO - Malicious

That ought to kill most of the currently relevant decks, preventing them stealing the show, while shortening the amount of power the decks-to-support need to climb through custom cards.

I'm not sure if we should try to cut on the hand traps and try to devolve the game to be more backrow-oriented, or keep hand traps around and allow for their creation, as well as activable-from-hand Traps. I would like to discuss too cards that may be considered as overly potent such as Needlefiber and Isolde.

Participants:
- Spinny
- Kano

Once you are accepted, please post the cards you intend to submit here for their evaluation.

Members interested more in reviewing and approving the custom cards than submitting and participating are welcome to support as reviewers. However, you cannot submit cards if you are not participating as a duelist.

Reviewers:
- Kano
- (Parenthesis)?
- Draconus?

Questions? thoughts? suggestions?

Edited by Darj