Comrade Duck

(The Duck Formerly Known as Dad) AMA

It's been a while. Ask me anything. No question is off limits and I'll answer honestly.

Edited by Comrade Duck

I was always curious...why did you have the threads hidden instead of just locked?

also hi I was going through my images saved and found I still have this

7X4LaA1.png

I'm really trying to think of how to phrase this, because I really don't want to sound condescending, dismissive, or anything like that...

I just... wanna know if you're okay? I know you were going through a lot, and while I saw your post in the retrospective thread, I kinda just wanted to ask you that question because I know it can help people to try and sound things out. I dunno.

If it's too personal, feel free to skip ^^;

9 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I was always curious...why did you have the threads hidden instead of just locked?

also hi I was going through my images saved and found I still have this

7X4LaA1.png

OMG this is a great memory ?.

So, at the time, when I was going through everything, I wanted it all to be forgotten. I wanted it to disappear. I thought that if I had everything hidden it wouldn't hurt so much. But all it did was make things worse and further my depressive state.

7 hours ago, Bramimond said:

I'm really trying to think of how to phrase this, because I really don't want to sound condescending, dismissive, or anything like that...

I just... wanna know if you're okay? I know you were going through a lot, and while I saw your post in the retrospective thread, I kinda just wanted to ask you that question because I know it can help people to try and sound things out. I dunno.

If it's too personal, feel free to skip ^^;

I like to think I'm okay now. My mental state has changed drastically. I've been getting professional help, medication, and support from the people closest to me and it just feels like my life has taken a complete 180.

I actually even managed to sort of patch things up with the friend I fell out with. We're all still mourning our lost friend. But other than that, yes, I'm okay.

Thanks for asking.

6 hours ago, radio414 said:

Would you rather fight one hundred duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck?

One horse-sized duck. That's good eating and duck is delicious.

1 hour ago, Dad said:

One horse-sized duck. That's good eating and duck is delicious. 

Not a question but I concur, great answer. Get me all that hoisin duck.

I'll miss Dad but I look forward da duck.

You've played Borderlands 3, right? If so, which VH did you go with and why?

Also, that new name makes it easy to confuse you with Striker, cause that looks like something he would change his name to.

8 minutes ago, Thar said:

You've played Borderlands 3, right? If so, which VH did you go with and why?

I started with Moze. The thought of being able to run around in a giant mech suit shaped like a bear and mow people down seemed like a lot of fun. And I was fucking right. I spec'd into a tanky build for the shields and I feel invincible. I haven't actually played in a while. I did a couple of runs to farm a legendary shotgun that I can't remember the name of. I got it and then... idk I kinda lost interest in it. But thinking about it now I could jump into the new DLC and play on my FL4K.

10 minutes ago, Thar said:

Also, that new name makes it easy to confuse you with Striker, cause that looks like something he would change his name to.

Well I don't know if Striker is actually a comrade or not but once I change my avatar and stuff you'll be able to tell us apart LOL.

What ho? A familiar face returneth!

How's it going "old man"? <- Yeah, that's the first question from me lol

Read the one question Blake threw out to you, so I can cross that one off my list as well. Sooooooo...how's your quarantine living going in this little Corona-palooza event?

9 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

What ho? A familiar face returneth!

How's it going "old man"?

I missed you Sonic! I've already used up my hearts for the day so you'll get one on your post from me later. Things are going well! Thanks for checking in.

9 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Sooooooo...how's your quarantine living going in this little Corona-palooza event?

Well, I've been taking every possible precaution. I refuse to leave my house except to get medicine or groceries. And when I do, from the time I cross my door to the time I come back home:

--I'm wearing gloves

--My mouth, nose, head, arms, and legs are covered.

--I carry hand sanitizer at all times.

--I disinfect whatever I bring home (in terms of groceries, etc.)

--I take a shower immediately after I get home.

Other than that things are going well.

With that aside, I know you had a rough year last year and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to support you. Here's hoping things are improving for you and things continue to get better for you. Cheers bud. Glad to see you again. ?

How does it feel to follow in the dubiously illustrious footsteps of Striker and I in regards to a duck alias?

please excuse this very stupid question

Edited by DragonSage

13 minutes ago, DragonSage said:

How does it feel to follow in the dubiously illustrious footsteps of Striker and I in regards to a duck alias?

please excuse this very stupid question

?

As far as NCM/YCM history goes, you're right. I actually chose this alias outside of NCM before I came back. And I admit, it feels pretty good. It's not completely duck related, but I like ducks and I'm an anarchist so this was the name I chose. ❤️

3 hours ago, Comrade Duck said:

I missed you Sonic! I've already used up my hearts for the day so you'll get one on your post from me later. Things are going well! Thanks for checking in.

Well, I've been taking every possible precaution. I refuse to leave my house except to get medicine or groceries. And when I do, from the time I cross my door to the time I come back home:

--I'm wearing gloves

--My mouth, nose, head, arms, and legs are covered.

--I carry hand sanitizer at all times.

--I disinfect whatever I bring home (in terms of groceries, etc.)

--I take a shower immediately after I get home.

Other than that things are going well.

With that aside, I know you had a rough year last year and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to support you. Here's hoping things are improving for you and things continue to get better for you. Cheers bud. Glad to see you again. ?

Well that there sounds like a question that could possibly be asked... shameless plug is shameless

Did :Alive: ever finish the way you were intending it to?

1 minute ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Did :Alive: ever finish the way you were intending it to?

I'm actually working on the last chapter. I'm happy of what's become of it and I can't wait to close it out so I can start book two.

Just now, Comrade Duck said:

I'm actually working on the last chapter. I'm happy of what's become of it and I can't wait to close it out so I can start book two.

A second book? Aw snap, now I'm EAGER to see it!

Now, a more serious question, what made you make the choice to come on back? If you don't feel up to answering, don't worry about. Just say you abstain or something lol

1 minute ago, Chaos Sonic said:

A second book? Aw snap, now I'm EAGER to see it!

?

2 minutes ago, Chaos Sonic said:

Now, a more serious question, what made you make the choice to come on back? If you don't feel up to answering, don't worry about. Just say you abstain or something lol

I missed the community. I missed the people I made friends with. I missed all of it. I know not everyone will be willing to hear that or accept that I'm back, and I'm okay with that. After disappearing the way I did I'm sure I severed a lot of connections and lost friends. They're allowed to not want anything to do with me. And I will accept that.

29 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Do you want me to unhide the things?

This isn't something I've actually thought about. But now that you've brought it up, I think it's best to leave them where they lie. No need to stir up bad news and old wounds.

30 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Also do you have plans to join any RPs?

I would like to, yes! Haven't found anything that fancies me just yet, but I'm definitely browsing!

I'm sorry you went through so much, but it's good to have you back, Comrade Duck!

Anyway, what is this "Alive" book, and where can I read it?

17 minutes ago, Damian Thorne said:

I'm sorry you went through so much, but it's good to have you back, Comrade Duck!

Anyway, what is this "Alive" book, and where can I read it?

I've actually removed it from public view until I've finished working on it. Book 1 is almost complete and I'll be happy to share it with you when it's done!

I was confused who this Duck with VIP title was, turns it's Dad, yesh! Glad to see you back.
Sorry, didn't you know you went through a rough patch, but seems you are better now, that's a relief.

Now as a Duck, what else besides RPs are you looking forward to do and find in NCM?

Edited by Darj

2 minutes ago, Darj said:

I was confused who this Duck with VIP title was, turns it's Dad, yesh! Glad to see you back.
Sorry, didn't you know you went through a rough patch, but seems you are better now, that's a relief.

Now as a Duck, what else besides RPs are you looking forward to do and find in NCM?

Darj! It's been a while!

Besides rps, I hope to get more involved in non-cardmaking contests around the site, maybe start a blog for my cats, and hopefully see more people contribute to the newly established NCM Cookbook. I think it could be a fun project for all of NCM to get involved in while the coronavirus epidemic is happening. And when it's all over, we've all got a slew of new food to try.

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.