Sign in to follow this  
Azure

The Ever Expanding Graveyard (Nuzlocke Blog)

New section means a new first post message. Anyway, will be doing relatively basic Nuzlocke rules in the runs here, so:

• 1 catch per area
  • If a Pokemon faints I can't use it for the rest of the run
  • A blackout means game over.

If I decide to add any additional rules in a run, I'll label them in the first post of that run. Also now that this blog section isn't split into separate pages of each entry. This first post will also contain the list of each lost Pokemon.

Table of Contents

Renegade Platinum

Chapter 1

Spoiler

DUi4z7D.png

Welcome to a new Nuzlocke run, I did have a Resolute run, but stopped due to a combination of screwing over the save file, by accidentally loading the save state rather than saving, erasing progress since I never actually use the game’s save function since hitting Shift + F1 is much quicker than waiting for the game to save, and it kinda losing interest. Anyway, Renegade Platinum, Drayano’s Platinum hack released last year features some stuff added in Gen 5 and later such as Fairy-types and moves, as well as the standard stuff such as increased difficulty. And since I have never actually done a “normal” playthrough of Platinum, instead doing challenges which involve a randomiser in some regard, why not just try Platinum hard mode instead. I’m going to try to do this as blind as possible, so no looking at the trainer changes or such. Will check Pokémon changes to see any changed stats and such. Anyway, onwards we go.

UcEDunL.png

We start our journey in snowy Twinleaf town, and since I’m an idiot we’re starting outside rather than the warmth that is a house. All that was really missed was being gifted a pair of running shoes and a bicycle.

nthR2gj.png

Entering our rivals house, we see a new face (I think anyway), in that Barry’s dad is actually at the house.

TJluNG6.png

After getting threatened with a fine of $10 million, we are now ready to move on towards the dangers that lurk in the grass.

FuDwOah.png

I’m going to be basing my starter off the trainer ID, so 1-3 Turtwig, 4-6 Chimchar, and 7-9 Piplup, with 0 being a choice. But since Turtwig is the best Sinnoh starter there were weighted odds.

DYl87xn.png

Not really. It’s cold, and I wanted the unfair advantage of having a starting potion. But since I don’t have a choice do I.

j13T79j.png

Well, going by the moves available, we have a clear disadvantage. If it has ember we lose.

cdLkuX1.png

Well, by some miracle we win. Either Barry decided to not use Ember or it didn’t have it. Was still remarkably close, I think only winning because of getting a high roll on Tackle.

FazF0c2.png

Well, the positive side to this nature is good, but a Brave or Adamant nature would’ve been preferable.

sGCl2Ab.png

Barry, it isn’t weird he was here for basically the same reason we are. He wants the legendary Pokémon of the lake and so do we. He just dresses like a spaceman.

1DwJi65.png

Yes, your genius plan has been ruined by you forgetting to go to the shop. You dragged me here. I just wanted to go to Sandgem Town. This is entirely on you.

ZQIFKI5.png

Somehow, despite me using a bike and Barry running, he got here first and had an entire conversation. I’m on to him, he runs fast, and his name is Barry. One day I’ll have proof.

M9PZpGe.png

Now for the naming scheme, I’m remarkable creative and naming them adjectives. For our starter Accessible fits very nicely.

MZN6wxF.png

Yet another choice where I am held against my will until I say yes. Barry gets super speed, yet I get super-subservience. I lost the superpower lottery for sure.

RhxyNw4.png

Yes, but that would mean picking Piplup. And while Water starters are my favourite, Piplup isn’t.

BuTDv2r.png

Then why does he need me. I’ll keep it, but I’m not going to finish it. Much like most things I start.

ZIphbl1.png

Mate, you were right behind me. Do you do this to everyone, come out the door right after them to scream in their ear.

0a6NfVx.png

Oooh, shiny Key item. Now will it come in handy in a Nuzlocke run? Maybe, if I am careful with biking,

AgzvZuv.png

You should know that my handwriting is a mess and is only good for jotting down quick notes that I don’t need to keep.

3dvaqrw.png

Yes, I’ll take the Eevee. Hopefully it has a good nature for Vaporeon or Espeon, so I don’t have to catch a Pokémon to counter Barry’s starter.

M0vUvAx.png

I don’t want to, but I’m just a pack mule. So, my opinion doesn’t seem to matter.

2bRq9CR.png

Meet Harmonius, an Eevee who now must live its life with its name misspelt because I forgot the second O in Harmonious. Also, it wants to be a Flareon or Leafeon. Of which I already have Grass coverage, so best Eeveelution it is. Now to level a bit because doing a randomiser up to Jubilife has shown me I have a match with Dawn coming up, and she has a level 9 Piplup. It should be fine since I have Absorb, but I’ve been burned before. Though that was Clay with a Sand Rush boosted Excadrill.

pRzCuoN.png

Okay, with my two Pokémon at level 8 and 9, time to move on. Unfortunately, since I forgot you could get Pokéballs prior to the catching tutorial in Gen 4 route 201 is now off-limits.

xjsMU88.png

How kind of you. I was just at the PokéCenter though.

f4sO9JO.png

The levels are equal, but I have Absorb and Razor Leaf, and Piplup doesn’t learn Peck until level 11, so this should be easy.

rRTlUez.pngRciMmGH.png

I know type matchups so if that means I’m strong then yes, I am. Also, I want me prize money. Why can’t I get away with giving out $0 if I lose? Anyway, time to catch my first (well third) Pokémon.

WjvjCpN.png

Yeah, it is the best early game mono-normal type. A Galarian Zigzagoon help when playing Sword so hopefull a Hoenn one won’t fail either.

qHFUxfr.png

Okay, Puzzled ain’t gonna be that great. You are supposed to be a fast-physical attacker. The adjective generator was right when the first one that came up was Incompetent. Only shame is it didn’t fit. It can’t even be a pick-up slave since it has Gluttony, and most HMs aren’t needed anymore. Puzzled has no real place with this nature and ability combo. Thankfully I can get the three Kanto starters and a Baby egg in Jubilife.

yzYXQUD.png

Time for a series of trainer battles.

z4MelNQ.pngCCnkOZA.png

Trainer 1 was easy, and Accessible learned Curse to top it off.

h18AHA0.png1qGbsdg.png

Adaptability boosted Covet allowed Harmonius to clear trainer 2 easily.

LZye7gU.png

Damn, wild Growlithe appearing, showing me what I am missing with my terrible Zigzagoon.

qrNZPgd.png

Well, time for trainer gauntlet battle 3. And if Adaptability Covet has anything to say, no you won’t win.

jrHLeYI.pngH6HEJ5s.pngsp9QL0j.png

Yup, Adaptability Covet said you wouldn’t win, even under the effects of Intimidate.

bGEGZjI.png

Well, Dawn I’m not allowed to catch anymore as I’m only allowed 1 per route. And there is only one route between here and Sandgem Town.

Bz9Cz3x.png

No, mate it is just highly suspicious when people hid behind streetlamps.

EqSDnxA.png

Not really. “Don’t steal stuff” sure but not “Don’t be a thief”. Sure, they’re basically the same but still.

yWA8wHI.png

Then stop hiding behind streetlamps outside a school. That is highly suspicious.

EHQOq9U.png

Now that the Looker stuff is done for now, time to grab the Kanto Starters. I’ll only be using Charmander of the three, until it faints then it’ll rotate to Squirtle and then to Bulbasaur, then Johto will start with Totodile, and Hoenn will be Treecko. Since getting multiple Pokémon to use from 1 location kind of goes against standard Nuzlocke rules, but since gift Pokémon aren’t under those rules having a self-imposed rule should make things more interesting.

zau1FlZ.png

And by completing a quiz and winning a fight I get my hands on three new Pokémon.

8xrlH8p.pngmig8Npq.pngeprXVlY.png

Here we have Bustling, Thinkable and Cagey. Thinkable was going to be called Superficial but character limits prevented that. Bustling could be better, but Charizard is Fire/Dragon and has levitate so not entirely useless.

pxqplqk.png

Now time to hatch the egg. This shouldn’t take long since eggs are set to hatch quickly.

nGpU7E1.png

I was hoping for Riolu or Munchlax. The Adamant nature is okay, since Raichu has 95 in both Atk and Sp.Atk, and can get Thunder Punch and Wild Charge for physical STABS.

l3OYUk7.png

Now time to deal with these two trainers.

scv5W8Y.png

The schoolboy wasn’t an issue. He also had a Psyduck.

xIqgZdV.pnggcwjdg6.png

And the schoolgirl wasn’t an issue either.  Now I have 99 copies of Hidden Power, in the attempt to give you an unlimited supply of TMs. Time to see Barry.

WeTgyEH.png

No, I’m fulfilling my lifetime dream to become a postman.

4OTqFmK.png

It’s a shame really. I’m going to ignore Lookers advice and become a thief with an extremely niche market.

LTLwYYv.png

Yay, no needless searching and collecting to get all 25. Also, no clown quiz. Now to route 204.

ecQUWOx.pngtZvevm3.pngcbPGjm7.png

Trainer 1 was simple, allowing for easy levelling of Bustling.

w27L7er.png

Mate I doubt that.

XAOuHQe.png7RfFLpO.png

Well, he didn’t win. But surprise Flail means we move on to Thinkable, and Bustling moves to the graveyard.

jjzCtZN.png

The replacement for Bustling is an Oddish. Which isn’t really a fair trade.

vNg6HOL.png

Neutral nature, but does have Chlorophyll so I could try a Sun team.

JV1odxP.png4Aos3e6.pngUyOFPQa.png

The third and final trainer on route 204 went easily. Should’ve tried to level Bustling on her since they were all weak to Ember. But no, I try to not switch train on the faster Pokémon with Flail. Now on to Ravaged Path, to catch the final thing this chapter, ‘cause I am going to be 10 pictures longer than I like.

fw7POkZ.png

And we get the predictable Geodude.

PaUt1om.png

Here is Shocking, and the nature really is. Maybe if I named it Gnikcohs it would’ve been Adamant.

fwPUti9.png

Well, I keep with my track record of getting cocky in a challenge and losing something to a stupid mistake, and the stuff I caught to make up from it isn’t ideal. I would’ve preferred getting a Caterpie or Weedle on Route 20 and Ravaged Path has Wooper and Sandshrew. Will have to go back to Twinleaf to fish either a Magikarp or Poliwag, and head to Lake Verity for hopefully a Starly or Wingull. But that can wait, in the meantime I’m going to train Accessible, Thinkable and Harmonius to around level 13-15 in preparation for my upcoming rival fight.

Chapter 2

Spoiler

6sbIDKF.png

Welcome to chapter 2, last time we left off in Jubilife, but since I needed to train since I am paranoid in these games, and I need to go to Lake Verity and Twinleaf Town to get catches. So on to Lake Verity.

kkTw78E.png

Our Lake Verity catch is a Bidoof. This could be useful.

pmpxhTJ.png

Or not apparently. Some Pokémon on route 202 survived Shocking’s Tackles, but not this Bidoof. Thankfully the fisherman who gives the Old Rod also gives Dive Balls.

MzCU11r.png

And we get a Magikarp.

0FiIosA.png

I suppose Modest can work with Surf and Hydro Pump. But I do have Thinkable the Squirtle

8X1CiUQ.png

This is our team for the time being, Bouncy will be switched out at some point, probably for a Flying type.

RDaIu0r.png

Of course I got tougher, I constantly over-level, and it still sometimes isn’t enough.

GJTVGxk.png

Round 1 Shocking vs Starly. I have STAB Rock Throw.

SDSMiAr.png

Round 2, Accessible vs Muchlax.

rqwQ4LK.png

He pulled a switch. Good news is his Munchlax is nearly dead.

vcMlwLd.png

Fight a switch-in with my own. Time for Water Gun.

DdTAxdq.png

Victory for Thinkable.

vQjSU3H.png

And back to Accessible for the victory. With Barry’s levels being 10, 10, and 11, I believe I am a good level to take on Roark without any more grinding. I have 3 Pokémon with Super-effective STABs.

E0SXzQh.png

It means I levelled more, and had counters.

jhEzdLL.png

I doubt that. Get harder yes. Not win, though.

omAiP3q.png

Yay, now I don’t need to use Warm in battle with her low BST.

RKbPgvF.png

And a new route means a new Pokémon. Starly is great.

Es1mREW.png

Here is Future, with a good nature to boot. Probably won’t be tanking Electric moves but shouldn’t be anyway. Now with Future in tow, off to Oreburgh City.

pS2eMz9.png

Why is there a Shroomish here?

jljTf2d.png

Okay, well I have no berries so whatever happens will have to wait.

V4wOmIG.png

Oh, the TM for Endure. I am certainly going to make use of all 99 copies I get.

t47BP7p.png

Time for a double battle.

4vMAJga.png

Yeah, well I don’t have a get-up-and-go attitude. I am naturally lazy.

kVYgtk3.png

Well, my Pokémon are dead to me once they faint.

eyJzVnO.png

Time to abuse the power of Razor Leaf and Bubble with their spread damage.

26fxYnW.pngxEde7hx.png

The power of spread moves proves to powerful for the first round.

nt2bcCV.pngnp6DfUV.png

Even with a 4x resistance to Grass, the Zubat suffered because of a crit.

itqF4UO.png

I wonder if this Ratata is in the top percentage of Ratata. Probably isn’t.

x1CtYU1.png

Well, it faired batter than the previous 4, thanks to having a priority move.

dFO7BwA.png

I am not a good substitute for a Rock trainer.

5MKiQvw.png

He does have a counter to it though.

7WbDQqC.png

Even with Fake Out, Razor Leaf is too strong.

kfoMjFa.png

Time for Thinkable to take out his Machop.

RyTHcp7.png

Well, that was easy.

STIP3Oo.png

You were standing opposite another trainer. Why did you only see me?

H2XYjEX.png

Then I hope you are worth it.

vWxRRmn.png

“Miss I-have-a-shiny-gym-badge” starts with a level 10 Spearow. I think Roark had an off-day.

MIbOGqG.pngOPIG2W6.png

The good old spread move combo working its magic again.

NqjjAph.png

I don’t think Razor leaf + Bubble will work on the Sunkern, but Bite will.

XQuF5lB.png

Accessible’s Bite didn’t work, but since I forgot which one I was choosing moves for, Thinkable’s done the job.

iDWhbZU.png

Bubble strikes again.

EgVVjPc.png

I seriously doubt she actually defeated Roark. 2 Normals, one being part Flying, and a Cubone. All lower levels than Roark, and probably slower than Cranidos.

N1d5Ggi.png

Honestly, if she actually did beat Roark, this’ll be easy.

OKDJ6vF.png

Tunnel time. Let’s grab Rock Smash from the Hiker, and hopefully get Accessible to evolve from the two trainers.

8c4TAKk.png

Yes, but I would like to refuse certain ones.

y3PD3OL.pngKEcwAyG.png

Camper Curtis couldn’t stand-up to the power of Accessibile.

BO5wjFE.png

I still have three steps left, and a Pokémon to catch.

oXnilyD.pngUijFKs3.png

Once again Accessible pulling his weight. Time to catch a Pokémon.

bMbS1s5.png

It’s a back-up Shocking. I’m going to kill it.

ZBpU7lR.png

Well mate, some people wearing spacesuits were blocking the way to Eterna City so that Gym was blocked off. How about you stop judging.

dfpeq7Q.png

Yeah, rub your super-speed in my face why don’t you.

nrdopBB.png

A news crew in a PokéCenter can mean one thing. Free starter Pokémon.

4i5DZ4r.pngAF5yoiY.pngR5Y8uOe.png

I was expecting the Johto starters, but hey, we get to use Treecko first.

x0O9630.pngDRU5u7S.png5cvpmA6.png

Three evolutions for the price of one.

Pcjll2m.pngp6J4hEC.pngodzM8Um.png

Meet Big, Tremendous, and Historical. I was half tempted to name the Mudkip “Giant”, but let the generator keeps its job. Won’t be using any for now as my team is decently balanced in type coverage and will keep me from type-sharing. Anyway, lets get the two new catches available and then call it for today.

vrWDKTb.png

I found my Shocking replacement. Aggron is a much cooler Pokémon than Golem and doesn’t have 2 4x weaknesses.

brPS6Qn.png

Well, Modern is better than Shocking. Better nature and can also function as a counter to Roark. Though Geodude does learn Bulldoze relatively early so can’t be careless.

629YIty.png

Our final catch around Oreburgh is a Machop.

aA0COMm.png

Hasty is OK, I guess. Well help against stuff like Ursaring and Cacturne, but otherwise not that useful. Evolving into Machamp at level 36 is also good.

vM7hee2.png

Well, that is it for today. Next we’ll be doing Roark and maybe the Valley Windworks. In the meantime, I’ll probably level Modern and Gratis up to be on par with everyone else so ~15. Thankfully, there are good grinding Pokémon on route 207. Could’ve got a Larvitar there.

Chapter 3

Spoiler

1nE2bSW.png

Welcome to Chapter 3 in the journey through Renegade Platinum. During my grinding session I found 2 shiny Whismurs though got distracted after screenshotting and killed the second one. The caught one has a Calm nature and is named Trophy as it is to be looked at and never used. Anyway, now that everyone is at least level 15, time to find Roark.

YR4mPml.png

First match in the mines leads with an Aron, unfortunately for it Gratis has Brick Break.

gvCLVI6.png

Keeping Gratis in for the match against Phanpy

K4tpRMw.png

Finally, a Riolu, which due to its baby status should not be that hard.

naX6DeG.png

Oooh, do I get to pick a free evolution stone? If so, it is obviously going to be a fire stone.

OpPy2ap.png

Yay, free fire stone. Time to evolve Harmonius.

9JpVnnf.png

Best Eeveelution has be obtained.

yQgtWcx.png

Time for another trainer battle.

cI4amud.png58x69ZG.pngm7laysj.png

All went down easy in one attack.

8xFCiVG.png

Time for our first Gym challenge.

q8QcHRd.png

Free experience mate. That is why.

5UPCdg2.png

First up is a Rhyhorn, which dies to one Razor Leaf.

Vifi0vT.png

Next up is an Omanyte, which to no surprise dies to one Razor Leaf.

7Ynyt8t.png

Finally, a Kabuto, which also dies to Razor Leaf.

tTlWykL.png

I don’t just want to win, but I will.

reFCPUC.png

First up is an Aron, which isn’t weak to Razor Leaf, but Accessible has Bulldoze.

A8WAMkF.png

Second is an Anorith. Which dies to a Razor Leaf and a Bite, but not before lowering Accessible to 15 HP.

L32XfHy.png

Wanting to protect Accessible, I swap to Gratis. Who wins with one Brick Break.

4yB4uBV.png

Now for the battle with Roark, and his full team of 6. Accessible leads against his Nosepass, beating it with one Razor Leaf.

dtApS1Z.png

Second match is Thinkable vs Geodude. Concluding in Thinkable’s victory with Bubble.

wkmE7hT.png

Match 3 is Gratis vs Cranidos.

2wziv2g.png

After a Zen Headbutt knocks Gratis down to 4 HP, it’s time to swap to Accessible. Who takes a Thunder Punch before finishing with Razor Leaf.

1WKEaGC.png

His 4th is Onix, who goes against Modern.

gGp5yGU.png

Modern is taken down by a Bulldoze, which I should’ve expected as I’ve seen other Onixs use it.

tO6mG14.png

Thinkable comes in to get the revenge kill with Bubble.

GTLKek5.png

Leaving Thinkable in to fight Roark’s 5th Pokémon, Larvitar. Which ends with Thinkable’s Bubble.

nG0RAsG.png

Switching back to Accessible, who takes some Stealth Rock damage, to finish the fight with two Razor Leafs due to a held Rindo Berry.

NPj2iPP.png

Our first Gym Badge has been obtained, along with Stealth Rock. Which I am going to make immediate use of.

Q1E0wrG.png

After being told by Barry that the next Gym is in Eterna City, we run into Looker.

Si7SEqG.png

Sure. There were some just through the Ravaged Path a while ago. Did you look there?

x6z2xtd.png

Okay, Looker is bad at his job. I find suspicious people in Jubilife right after he says there isn’t any.

xbM0h4I.png

No Prof Rowan. You angered the weird spacemen, so why don’t you clean-up your mess.

8ypA1lb.png

One Bulldoze should be enough to get the KOs.

5j1o9kV.png

After a few rounds of sleep, turns out Bulldoze wasn’t strong enough to KO Glameow.

PUjmiwn.png

The second Bulldoze got rid of the Glameow, but also crit Dawn’s Clefairy.

GTtnncJ.png

A combo of Razor Leaf and Bubble defeated both the Cascoon and Silcoon.

lr7JPBz.png

With the match against Team Plasma done, we move onwards towards Floaroma Town.

yDo3QOO.pngSBTf1iT.png

The Aroma Lady didn’t do much. She also had a Shroomish, but Harmonius had Fire Fang.

LxXcZEU.png4ZjTaHH.png

Next up is a Bug Catcher, but Fire Fang makes quick work of him.

7BXXmuW.png

Next up cocky twins. A Helping Hand Charge Beam nearly knocks Thinkable out.

lINxoXL.png

Switching into Accessible meant the Spark and Charge Beam meant for Thinkable does next to nothing, and one Quick Attack later we win.

EChY9rz.png

Entering the Floaroma Town PokéCenter we find another TV crew, meaning more gift Starters.

6gLJs1Q.pnggJdWmC5.pngLRXWxGH.png

After having a simple match, with Future only taking a bit of damage against Chikorita and Totodile.

vz5tbEl.pnggLqTZb4.pngXlxgpxx.png

All somewhat eh natures, but I’ll be boxing them for now. Time to head to the Valley Windworks.

jaJmIUA.png

Yeah, but a little girl is worried about her dad.

AblWsXF.png

Round 1 vs the Grunt is easy. A Wing Attack and Quick Attack end the match with no HP lost.

3Dg43Os.png

Keeping Future in for round 2 ends with Future getting a crit on Wing Attack OHKOing the Houndour.

l42ga2z.pnge1Hy26g.png

Round 3 is against a Gulpin, which through Minimise and Yawn, manages knock Future low and Poison her right after she wakes up. Thinkable comes in and manages to clean up.

tykzMIu.png

That is a smart plan mate. Unfortunately, you let me know where I can get my own.

eAStPcN.png

Heading over to Floaroma Meadows we see some Galactic Grunts trying to get free honey.

Dpmn37v.png

In the first turn we manage to KO the Croagunk thanks to Aerial Ace.

x6ZYOb8.png

Turn 2 goes well, with both the Ledyba and Zubat going down to Aerial Ace and Bite.

Ulyhnh7.png

And finally, there is a sole Spinarak. Who gets OHKOed by a Wing Attack.

sCyaD4g.png

Hurray for the grunts having the ability to keep a hold of their keys. The thankful guy also hands us honey, which no longer has the 6 hour wait time, and works immediately. Time for a catch.

KTcLDhp.png

A Cherubi. I have never used one before, and it will be another back-up Grass type.

swmxR1n.png

The Sp.Atk drop isn’t ideal, but I have a few other Grass-types I can use first.

xSkjaMT.png

Yup, your colleagues weren’t that great at keeping their keys on them.

EzSIkgQ.png

Well, I am here for fun. And the prize money you will give out.

mX147Go.png

One Bulldoze knocks the Grimer out.

ymfSy05.png

Finally, it is a Koffing, which managed to lower Thinkable’s accuracy a bit drawing the battle out.

IuW6KTQ.png

The second grunt leads with a Kakuna. Which stacks Hardens and Iron Defences, allowing for an easy KO and setting up Stealth Rocks.

RbBMTBc.png

Switching to Harmonius for the Pineco, who after getting lucky with two Protects goes down to a Fire Fang.

IHafJix.png

Last is a Metapod, who gets one-shot by a Fire Fang. Next is Commander Mars.

YTLgEWd.png

Yeah, but can you stop. It’ll eat into my simple life.

KU8L0qS.png

It’s not that I don’t understand, more that I don’t care.

pHVbPbd.png

Leading with Accessible to set up Stealth Rocks, but not before getting Toxic Poisoned.

IoT0Q9s.png

Switching to Future, only to get confused and then poisoned by Poison Fang, but two Wing Attacks is all it takes.

AbIUWim.png

Next up is a Yanma, which starts half dead, which doesn’t help against Fire Fang.

BqBaFPH.png

Third is Mars' Bronzor, which takes two Fire Fangs to take down.

fMgLHvU.png

Finally, it is Mars' ace. After having to take a Fake Out, Gratis barely holds on against a Façade and manages to deliver a Revenge, knocking Purugly out in one.

2RTaOEs.png

If you are after Team Plasma, they left. How you didn’t see them is beyond me.

7g7ZMV5.png

And that is it for today. Next is Eterna Forest, which will provide the perfect place to spend a bit of time grinding Future and Harmonius for the match against Gardenia.

Chapter 4

Spoiler

uFVKcn9.png

Welcome to Chapter 4 of my Renegade Platinum run. The first item on the agenda, catch a Pokémon at the Wind Works.

Ra4DhYh.png

And we get a Magnemite. I can work with that. Also Sonic Boom hurts.

EXd5ZSL.png

Meet Hollow. Naïve I can work with, though not ideal. Time to swap out Warm since Hollow may work out better.

FF1KJrx.png

Catch for Route 205 is a Buizel, which Future decides shouldn’t be a part of the team by critting it.

v3t4RU5.png

Trainer battle time.

B0OG59G.pngZsr93t1.png

He also had a Mareep, which went down to Harmonius.

fYbndwX.pngyd3s1Iz.png

Next trainer is an Aroma Lady, who is easily beaten by Harmonius.

Px3R0FI.png

Our next trainer has a lone Pachirisu, which goes down to Fire Fang and Quick Attack.

gitCaw4.pngTehGKAS.pngkf0LePN.png

Next is a Hiker, with Diglett going down to Razor Leaf, Numel to Bubble, and Shieldon to Brick Break.

wSIPY3x.png8HGBeBh.pngyXu0y7D.png

Next is a Camper, with Aipom being switched out to Tailow after barely surviving a Razor Leaf, the Tailow then goes down to a Bite from Thinkable, Slakoth goes down to Brick Break, and Aipom then goes down to Harmonius’ Quick Attack.

CsnEMSd.pngpUz8DhE.png

Another Hiker, whose Shellos goes down to Brick Break and 2 Seismic Tosses.

4Zk7OsU.png

After barely surviving Gratis’ Brick Break, the Hiker’s Onix crits with Bulldoze KOing Gratis. Harmonius is then switched in to easily snag a revenge kill.

XnTQoiF.pngGugQaeI.pngDTNVRry.png

After dropping Gratis back in the PC, we have a match against a Battle Girl, whose team is swept by Future’s Aerial Ace.

mQEm68p.pngWiR9zE0.png

Our last battle before entering Eterna Forest is a Picnicker, who decided to not evolve her Pokémon, and decided to allow me to get free shots in by only using Bide and Leer.

D54FMpF.png

Cheryl, wants a battle. If she only has her Chansey, this should be easy as my team has a physical bias.

nV22yvn.png

Okay, first up is Drifloon, who goes down to Harmonius’ Fire Fang after Future takes damage from Shock Wave.

ljMfuLN.png

Next is Wailmer, who does out speed Accessible, but allows me to set up Stealth Rock and goes down to a Razor Leaf.

EYNc4rv.png

Third is her ace, Chansey, which easily goes down to two Razor Leafs.

4eGvTR1.png

Her last is Makuhita, who is put to sleep by Yawn, and is then easily finished off by Future’s Wing Attack. And with that, we are now teamed up with Cheryl, and can catch a new Pokémon.

ZorUsZ0.png

So, our Eterna Forest catch is a Buneary. And due to Cheryl’s Chansey, can’t happen as after knocking out the level 14 one with Wing Attack, the remaining one is crit by a Hyper Voice. So, with no Pokémon here, time to grind to around level 25.

tIr59g8.png

With everyone up to 25/26, time to start going through the trainer matches. First goes well, with Future taking a little damage against a Marill.

NLovELL.png

Next match is two Psychics, whose Pokémon get taking down quickly.

NuDt2jp.png

Next is two Bug Catchers, and after switching to Harmonius, Lava Plume makes the match easy.

cxt82U2.png

Finally, two Psychics go down easily to Accessible’s Seed Bombs.

mBwspdR.png

After arriving in Eterna City, and overhearing Cyrus at the statue, our catch on Route 211 is a Natu. Which promptly runs away when I try to make it fall asleep.

5k20GuV.png

That there is Cynthia. I just came from that direction

TDaRylM.pngcQX7trj.png

Yes, that’ll be fun. Now can I have Cut, even though it is not really needed at all in this hack.

rpReMNA.png

Time to go fossil hunting.

noKR9In.png

After spending a bit of time in the underground searching for Fossils I now have the choice of an Omanyte or Anorith. On to the gym.

NThq9IE.pngCvSKxcm.png

Time to go on a fetch quest.

2Epsc8E.pngpY8md0O.pngkskBENS.png

On the way to Route 216, we come across a Hiker whose team is easily one-shot by Seed Bomb, Water Pulse, and Fire Fang.

4KwaAnM.png

Our Mount Coronet catch is a Nosepass. Has the potential to be better than the Geodude I caught.

z9cOmXN.png

Here we have Sudden. Calm is decent since Probopass has 45 Atk in this hack.

davwOtz.png

Arriving at Route 216 our catch is a Snorunt. Hopefully it has a nature useful for a Froslass.

MiXsHN7.png

Now onto a trainer battle. The Ace Trainer also had a Swellow, which was slightly annoying with Double Team. Also, the Ace Trainers in the snow routes are the second-best Ace Trainers, behind Gen V.

6ASEv74.png

Yes, that is to be expected in a place suffering from permanent hail.

uf1vexz.png

That is correct. Having a new grinding place is good, especially for Harmonius. Anyway, Gardenia couldn’t catch a Snover because of hail, which means no 4x effective attacks during the gym.

5StZXlz.png

Here is Miniature. Hasty is good, would’ve preferred Timid to have that extra bulk, since Froslass loses 20 points in Atk in exchange for 20 in Sp.Atk. Time to level Miniature on some Fishermen I’ve skipped.

KJihiTr.png

Fisherman 1 also had a Corphish and Poliwag. Miniature isn’t great at dealing damage, so Exp Share it is.

CsoCeiL.png7vpfyvK.pngZFZHlFV.png

Even with access to Bounce, this wasn’t a fair fight. The experience from Magikarps isn’t great either.

Ih4WglM.pngS4cOLNc.png

The last Fisherman was better exp. Now, on to the gym trainers, who will hopefully be easier for Miniature to fight.

gt8Z2nE.png6xxrxMh.pngwN3hzYq.png

The first Lass also had a Cacnea, but I was to busy being relieved that Future barely managed to hold on from crit Bubblebeam upon switch in to remember to take it. Otherwise a one-shot sweep from Future, bar the Exeggute which managed to paralyze and Leech Seed.

hb9lfKx.pngOGgrJaZ.pngEUVsg2v.png

Next is an Aroma Lady, who was a one-shot sweep from Harmonius’ Flame Wheel.

4Me4I9W.pngytkBOMy.png3TIhPar.png

The last gym trainer is a second Aroma Lady, whose Roselia not only puts Harmonius to sleep but promptly poisons him the turn I use a Chesto Berry. Otherwise was easy.

SC2dX0q.png

Well you made me go out of my way just to be able to enter the gym.

ZPvAX9y.png

A full team of Grass vs a team with a Fire and a Flying-type. It shall be fun.

K3gFoNt.png

First is a Bellossom, which goes down to one Flame Wheel. Harmonius also learns Play Rough, which is going to come in handy against Maylene later on.

DGw8UxT.png

Next is Tangela, which is another one-shot with Flame Wheel. Third was a Grotle, but in my checking to see whether Lava Plume or Flame Wheel would be more useful, I forgot the screenshot.

vRezr0I.png

Fourth is a Cherrim, which holds on to one Flame Wheel and sets up Sunny Day. How much will that backfire. The Cherrim dies to the second Flame Wheel to no surprise. Being a mono-grass team, never set up sun when you are being swept by a Fire-type with a decent STAB move.

LO7ZGXZ.png

Fifth is Gardenia’s ace, Roserade, which dies to one Flame Wheel. I think Gardenia basically gave up once Cherrim came out.

wZplj56.png

Her last Pokémon is a Breloom. It actually hurt, doing 43 damage off Mach Punch, but died to Flame Wheel.

XgwAgOy.pngsyqDhyM.png

Well, you helped me more than I did by setting up sun when you had no Pokémon with Chlorophyll left. Now with Grass Knot and the Forest Badge in hand, back to the PokéCenter to heal, then I’m done for the day.

GQWyMxl.png

Well, that gym was remarkably easy. Next time we’ll be dealing with Team Plasma and heading to Hearthome City. Not really looking forward to Fantina, but Accessible and Hollow should evolve by then. In the meantime, I’m going to scrounge the Underground for a Dawn Stone so I’m ready to evolve Miniature.

Chapter 5

Chapter 6

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Edited by Azure

Spoiler

DpvINz4.png

Welcome to Chapter 5 of my Renegade Platinum run. In my search of the Underground I found no Dawn Stones. Though I did find two Old Ambers and a Skull Fossil, as well as some good stuff to sell so it wasn’t for nothing. Anyway, time to deal with Team Galactic.

fQJ5tnv.pngVJiUyRP.png

Probably. Harmonius basically one-shot everything in there.

teZYm5w.pngT2oS4Cc.png

Yeah, but I’m using them. Plus, you’re a nameless mook, so I don’t see myself losing.

X3V5StN.png

The grunt leads with a Ledian, which hurts Miniature a fair bit with Mach Punch, but goes down easily after switching to Harmonius.

zYc42W1.png

The grunt’s second and last Pokémon is also weak to Harmonius and goes down to a critical Flame Wheel.

OFyhR3g.pngqSwrhHV.png

All you know mate is that Harmonius is strong. Miniature is currently weak.

d4SGftG.pngkzvRLzd.png

Yes, go and inform your Commander of your failure to guard the door. I cannot raid the building if you don’t let me in the door.

2c5K0bx.png

Oh, it’s the weird police officer.

3ZxmbDO.pnglOVxycA.png

Yes, and as a first-rate trainer, my instincts are telling me the traps won’t be that effective.

IUduuEL.png

Simple piece of advice mate, if you don’t understand your objective you can’t achieve it.

LqfhEv5.pngXNIulfJ.png

The grunt was simple, Aerial Ace for the Croagunk, and two Charge Beams for the Golbat. And for beating the Grunt we can pick up the TM for Thunder Wave.

jDZ9egt.pngiDjsNsF.png

Well, despite being a kid, I have already beaten one of your Commanders.

pUSkBf5.png

First up in the Double Battle is an Ekans and Koffing, the Ekans goes down easy to an Aerial and a Bulldoze, but Accessible is paralyzed and hit by two Sludges.

WFzzDmB.png

Switching out Accessible for Hollow for the poison resistance, Future gets hit by a Helping Hand Sludge and is poisoned. Hollow misses its first Charge Beam but hits the second one to get rid of the Nidoran. Future is then healed with a Full Restore.

fw7kJJg.png

This round was easy. Future crit the Glameow, and Hollow KOed the Koffing with a Charge Beam.

qyg7B5b.png

With the match now being a two on one, the Stunky goes down easily, but not before knocking Future into probably one-shot range.

s9M5Qh0.png

Healing up Future with a Super Potion proved to not really being needed as Hollow out sped the Nidoran and hit it with a boosted Charge Beam.

nVMY1dL.pngooonfXE.png

Well, I’m not here to donate my Pokémon but you will be a valuable source of exp.

sayFl37.pngwySSCWr.png

The Houndour went down to a couple of Aerial Aces, as well as the Beautifly that followed. Switching out to Harmonius to fight to Skorupi, which ended the fight with a sole Flame Wheel.

m3pKNMd.png

Then I don’t expect much.

WVuddPF.png

The Cleffa managed to hang on from Future’s first Aerial Ace, and hit fairly hard with a Draining Kiss, but went down to a second Aerial Ace.

c3DFa06.pngK14QmYe.png

Good for you. I however like questioning stuff.

75zMXLZ.png

The Drowzee goes down fairly quickly but manages to set up a Future Sight.

007Z0rE.png

Next is a Kadabra, which easily gets taken down by a Flame Wheel.

sGMUL5d.png

Finally, it’s a Metang, which goes down to a single Flame Wheel.

2GRyIWQ.pngM3SwV80.png

So, you are the one in charge here. I’m mainly here because I want experience to get stuff closer to evolving.

5wTD6xw.png

First up is Jupiter’s Golbat. It proved to be irritating by confusing Hollow immeditately while Hollow paralyzed it. Which dragged out the battle longer than needed.

cORuNbn.png

Being wary of any potential Shadow Claws, I swap to Harmonius to one-shot the Sableye with Play Rough.

b5XLGAL.png

Third is her ace Skuntank, which manages to knock Harmonius down to 22 health before going down to a combination of Flame Wheel and Play Rough.

jYcXlPb.png

Last is a Tangela, which takes an Aerial then knocks Future out with a Shock Wave.

48p8Hpj.png

Switching out to Accessible, who is put to sleep and eventually gets taken down by a crit Giga Drain. Switching into Harmonius, he manages to get revenge with a Flame Wheel.

slanImu.png

No, I don’t think I will. You’ve made this personal by taking down two of my Pokémon. I hate your Tangela.

2nbL9kI.png

Running back to the PokéCenter to drop off our fainted Accessible and Future, we can return to the Galactic Building to pick up a Porygon.

yMEEay4.png

Here we have Organic the Porygon. Adamant is not a great nature since Sp.Atk is Porygon’s best stat. Now to find the Upgrade and Dubious Disk.

gMPnlzp.pngLAa5433.png

Now that we have received an Egg we have now made up the Pokémon we lost against Jupiter’s Tangela.

VZFLAp7.png

Going to the bike shop owner he gives us a Dawn Stone since we already owned a Bike. Now to go down to Oreburgh City to get a Fossil Revived.

Tk819FB.png

Entering the Cycling Road gate, our egg hatches into a Togepi named Secret. Docile is okay, nothing to speak of.

PZrdymi.png

Dodging all the trainers on the Cycling Road we arrive in Oreburgh City and revive Wicked from our Claw Fossil. Naught is a decent nature. Now to get our Route 206 catch.

yTvUYf0.png

Our catch is a Mankey, which is caught without much issue. Now to move ownward to Wayward Cave.

2cj54XH.png

Yes, our catch in Wayward Cave is a Gible. After quite a few Pokeballs and Thinkable being worn down by Sandstorm, Gible is finally caught. I would;ve been very annoyed if it woke up and used Take Down.

TU6gWF4.pngT3nWQaY.png

Here we have Fumbling and Wonderful. Naughty is fine on Fubling, and Naïve is nice for Wonderful. Now to head to go back and clear trainers before heading to Hearthome City.

AhdFFZQ.png

Wearing shorts during winter seems annoying to me.

Gdgpqck.pngLNlAs91.png

Lombre was no issue at all, only being able to get off a weak Fake Out. Gligar was more of a threat, getting off two Bulldozes.

tQMOmiT.png70Yi9Ib.pngl2Mm1v5.png

Trainer 1 on Cycling Road was no issue, with each going down to 1 Bulldoze.

zMmnlsO.png

Trainer 2’s Jolteon took 2 attacks to take down annoyingly, since Rough Skin didn’t do enough damage after its two Quick Attacks.

mj1upaI.png

Trainer 3 took 2 Bulldozes thanks to Luxio’s Intimidate.

Y7WW7Wu.png

Trainer 4’s Farfetch’d took a couple of Rock Tombs and a Dragon Rage.

mcaBYej.pnga1bbrkQ.png

Trainer 5’s Pokémon each took 1 Rock Tomb. They also had a Wingull.

wZGRO0w.pngGp3Baqs.png

Trainer 6 on Cycling Road went down to a couple of Bulldozes.

ZzibaMu.png

Trainer 7 went down to a couple of Rock Tombs.

xC5fCQC.png7xn1I9f.pngKGlJDlF.png

Lastly Trainer 8’s Pokémon went down to a Bulldoze each.

2362yPx.png

And as a reward Wonderful evolves.

gr4Nkt9.png

After spending a bit of time grinding Wonderful and Wicked to be on par with the rest, we move on towards Mt Coronet we meet a Hiker who likes to laugh.

D7shQhd.png

His first Pokémon, Dunsparce, manages to take down Thinkable after getting buffed by Ancient Power, and Water Pulse doing less than I wanted. Wonderful is switched in to finish it, but it survives a Dragon Rage, and KOs itself off Rough Skin but paralyzes Wonderful with a Body Slam.

N5EzjeJ.png

And of course, the Hiker has a second one. This one goes down easier, though does get off a Drill Run.

TpezRIc.pngJyGY2Z9.png

After dropping off Thinkable and picking up Historical the Mudkip, we run into a Double battle against a Picnicker and a Camper.

PONBgJw.png

In the first round Harmonius Flame Wheels the Smoochum, while Hollow is switched out for Wicked who takes a Fire Punch from the Magby.

ibm1zOj.png

Round 2 Wicked KOs the Magby with Aqua Jet and Harmonius KOs the Treecko with Flame Wheel.

CYQ5cJz.png

Round 3 Harmonius and Wicked team up against the Trapinch to KO it due to Snubbull’s Intimidate.

lPD6uML.png

Round 4, we lose Wicked to Charmander’s Dragon Rage, while Harmonius KOs the Smoochum with Flame Wheel. We switch in Wonderful, and the Charmander is then KOed thanks to a critical Quick Attack from Harmonius.

QTB7rIl.png

Dropping off one Fossil Pokémon, we revive another. This time Cloistered the Aerodactyl.

IVNzVzz.png

And that is going to do for today. I intended to get to Hearthome City but losing 4 Pokémon this chapter has hindered progress a bit. Thankfully Harmonius remains strong and we got a Gabite to make up for it. I’ll probably be levelling up a bit before the next chapter, probably so everyone is around level 30, so Hollow will probably be a Magneton at the start of the next chapter and will probably evolve again in the next episode since we need to go through Mt Coronet.

Here is Chapter 5, a bit longer than usual and a fair bit of action.

21 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Can't say I expected a Tangela to be the threat to this team, wow.

Neither did I. Could've won the match with no casualties if used Harmonius immediately, which is the annoying part.

Spoiler

PLdrNmP.png

Here we are with Chapter 6, and spending a bit of time levelling up, there were 3 off screen evolutions.

Q3HEWqR.png4E62b5d.png4YoyUWj.png

Miniature was by far the most annoying to train, since the best place to grind on Pokémon which give Sp.Atk EVs is filled with Fire-types. Hollow only really needed to watch out for Numels, and Historical could easily take down opposing Mankeys and the odd Slugma and Numel.

au8kRbG.png

Our first task is to beat down this Hiker, who should go down easily.

CmYEWcA.png

Historical misses his first Aqua Tail and the Graveler tries to Self-destruct, which doesn’t work due to Damp and goes down to a second Aqua Tail. The hiker follows with a Sandslash which is also beaten by Aqua Tail.

HGQO1zu.pnghBe5yi6.pngf1bntd5.pngHQSp8wv.png

Trying to go through Mt Coronet, we are directed to Wayward cave to rescue a girl.

QeBBDwf.png

Entering Wayward Cave, we meet a girl who wants us to stay away. I would if I didn’t have to be here. Time for a battle.

NCVDLtA.png

Mira leads with a Togetic, which gets taken down by Cloistered’s Rock Slide.

RaDAosk.png

Her second Pokémon is Porygon2, which after getting off 1 Tri-Attack which paralyzes Hollow, and gets paralyzed In return from Thunder Wave, just spams Recover. Hollow eventual comes out of top due to Discharge dealing more damage than is healed.

zC0SnDz.png

Switching back to Cloistered for the Haunter in order to one-shot it with Crunch.

UiAsWS1.png

Keeping Cloistered in for the Kadabra, since he has the best chance to outspeed and has Crunch, the battle ends swiftly.

51LUJ76.pngdDRHX3G.png

Mira dropped and item and got lost. Now I must babysit someone. But these Double battles are useful.

t0HNzz5.pngrFtryLJ.png

No, I’m not lost. And yes, I’m a Pokémon trainer.

FoFu3TE.pnghisX5Df.png

Round 1, the Psyduck gets KOed from Rock Slide. Which is followed by a Nidorina. Round 2, both the Nidorina and Aipom are KOed from Rock Slide. In the final round, the Nidorino is KOed from a crit Wing Attack.

30ezpbR.png

Good for you, we found your ribbon. I want good compensation for this since I found a Shiny Zubat, and you went and KOed it instead of the Onix.

hAZ5P1P.pngQ4bTOah.png

Oh, a stack of Dazzingly Gleam. That is decent, shame none of my party can learn it. Now to head back to Mt Coronet.

j9KfwBG.png

Hello Dawn. To answer your question, no clue. Haven’t looked at it. I did reach the amount to get something from you father. Can’t remember what it was though.

4HUarkd.png

That is a very large range.

Qe3n0m8.png

Look, can I just get into Mt Coronet from this entrance without some form of interruption.

tE5Cg6C.png

Dawn leads off with a Piloswine, which is a bad match for Cloistered so thinking an Ice-type move was coming up I switch to Harmonius who takes a Rock Slide. Which was fine, did less than half health. Then this happened next turn.

F1eyPbw.png

Flame Wheel done less than expected, and Rock Slide crit. So, I switch into Historical to finish it with Aqua Tail.

OFONAxv.png

Next is her Clefable, which manages to get off a Thunder Wave and Moonblast, before going down to two Mirror Shots.

bJlgaoj.png

Third is her Lopunny, which promptly crits Wonderful with a Jump Kick KOing her.

OmtWAWu.png

You know what, screw Dawn.

i49iYwi.png

Jump Kick hurts. Thankfully Wing Attack done enough to KO the Lopunny, since Super Potions heal less than Jump Kick deals.

0Ab422I.png

The Prinplup was easy going down to one Discharge. Screw Dawn’s Lopunny. I hate it. And to top it off, no damn prize money. Hardest fight so far and the only reward being the Vs Seeker. I hate Dawn in this hack. I need to at least keep Cloistered alive for more than one chapter.

n6RQplL.png

Anyway, now that we can finally enter Mt Coronet, I feed Hollow a Rare Candy to evolve it.

ShkwUZl.png

Now we have to deal with the weird guy who monologues at statues. The guy rambles on about how humanity sucks and then walks off.

ZfAyepT.png

No, mainly because I don’t have any food on me.

pKKC46S.pngoBLW78U.png6oD9SPN.png

All the Hiker’s Pokémon went down easily. The Hippopotas was one-shot by Wing Attack, the Bronzor took a couple of Discharges, and the Shuckle took a Mirror Shot.

BjsKE1M.pngcFvDClJ.png

That may be true, but I’m not the one who is going to fight you.

8FZZCFD.png

The Marowak was simple. It did manage to get off a Swords Dance, but decided the best move to use against a Rock-type would be False Swipe.

I8ReKzN.png

Good for you having the moniker of Echo Man.

Uwo1sfk.png

The Graveler managed to hit hard with Rock Slide, but went down to a couple of Dragon Claws.

DcdL3go.png

Look, can I not just get to Hearthome City.

ZyhY5M6.png

The Artist was simple, he had three Smeargles who went down to a Rock Slide each.

0bh64Lu.png

Not another interruption.

vW0lSK8.png

Well, at least you a decent interruption.

DtgYQ5p.png

Please no. I don’t want another battle.

jNn9Nao.png

Well, at least I have a choice.

zzL3csK.png

Okay, I’ll rephrase that. I hate you Aaron.

Ia95GBj.png

I’m going lose this aren’t I. I basically only have half a team, considering 3 are all ~ level 15. Thankfully Cloistered can one-shot the Dustox.

OYvdzFJ.png

The Sizor is thankfully slower than Hollow and wastes its turn using Swords Dance, allowing Hollow to KO it without taking damage.

c8mwQv5.png

Keeping Hollow in due to its high Def, Hollow paralyzes with Thunder Wave and gets a good roll on the second Discharge KOing the Drapion after Hollow is half killed with a Night Slash.

50ZhNkT.png

Once again keeping Hollow in due to resisting pretty much anything this Beautifly probably has, it survives the first Discharge, and we both spend the next turn healing. Hollow then gets another good roll, KOing it with a second Discharge.

YBnkBzG.png

The Venomoth is faster than Hollow, and damages more than a Super Potion can heal so I lose my 4th Pokémon this chapter.

0Fan2Fn.png

Switching Cloistered in to revenge kill it with a Rock Slide.

seHA8OV.png

Yeah, well because of you I am now another Pokémon down. We do get X-Scissor for our troubles.

Tu75Hee.png

More stuff in the way of me getting to the PokéCenter. Anyway, after being told to head to the Contest Hall, it is time to see what Bebe gives in this hack.

wryizuQ.png

We get an Up-Grade. That is useful.

vrWFIUg.png

Anyway, that is all for today. I got to Hearthome City, and developed a new hatred for Dawn. Time to spend time grinding stuff back up. High 30s should be enough to clear Fantina with out issue hopefully.

Here is Chapter 6, and the difficulty of the game is beginning to ramp up a bit.

The battle with Aaron could've gone better if I didn't do so badly against Dawn, who is probably going to be my downfall since she is probably going to pop up for a battle when I'm not expecting it. I have missed a few things such as a static Gengar and the Rotom in the Old Château, and a Beldum from Steven in Oreburgh. There is a static Gabite in Wayward Cave, though I'm hesitant to get it basically right after losing Wonderful. I'll probably at least do Cantina before getting it at any rate.

Spoiler

gUHyfem.png

Welcome back to Chapter 7 of my Renegade Platinum run. After the pain that was the last chapter, I have spent some time training and got 4 evolutions done in preparation for Fantina.

rFwKmqO.png9SwlWi1.pngy2DCrWu.png3Mox5Xr.png

I’m hoping Chivalrous can do a lot of work against Fantina since Feraligatr is Water/Dark in this hack, so he has STAB Crunch. Which is going to help since Miniature learned Shadow Ball for another Super-effective STAB against Fantina.

KpArxVn.png

Heading to the gym, we find that Fantina isn’t there and instead is at the contest hall.

EV5engV.png

Arriving at the contest hall we find the owner of the Happiny which ran into us at the end of the last chapter, and our mum.

DM6CfoK.png

No. I have no intention of entering any contests.

snnHdmg.png

A Dawn Stone would’ve been a better reward.

vfWqNw3.pngQYRxo3m.png

Good for her. I need to find her so I can move on with the gym challenge.

nmtcBxg.png

Well, you’re not humble about your skills.

HuHePLq.png

Yay, now to hope I don’t get destroyed.

j4KhTjr.png

Well, I’m using you to test the waters.

OmXuAzX.pngBDsztZl.pngkUrAfnK.png

So, the gym trainers are in the high 20s to early 30s, so I’m probably a tad over levelled. But I don’t intend to have another Dawn incident again.

7drrFmi.png

I have a flashlight, so it isn’t that dark.

JC4qZ1F.pngR2tpZB3.pngqlnvTrC.png

The ace trainer wasn’t that hard, with each only taking a Shadow Ball each.

RszXZR9.pnghcGVikT.png

Well, I have no intention on losing.

ZDxoTpa.png

First up is Fantina’s Drifblim, which goes down to an Ice Beam.

U6ohFyC.png

Next is her Dusclops, which goes down to a Shadow Ball.

nzlvflv.png

Keeping Miniature in, a Shadow Ball takes down her Banette

Yvz50b9.png

Switching to Secret to deal with her Spiritomb, which goes down in one hit from Moonblast.

iNf9UTs.png

Switching to Cloistered for her Gengar, all it takes is one Crunch to KO it.

zYhodG6.png

Last is Fantina’s ace, Mismagius, which survives Cloistered’s first Crunch and sets up a Calm Mind, but even after consuming its Sitrus Berry, goes down to a second Crunch.

QZY3pg0.png2cZ4djs.png

That makes the 3rd gym badge, as well as the TM for Shadow Ball. Time to heal and then on to Veilstone City.

TYRU6CR.pngzkMaPLL.png

Well, look who it is. My Pokémon are probably a higher level, so this should be somewhat easy.

ec7nOhm.png

Barry leads with Staravia, which is no match for a critical Ice Beam.

lHcjaEQ.png

Next is Barry’s starter, Monferno, which gets off a Fake Out, before going down to an Aqua Tail.

3cR1pk5.png

Third is his Heracross, which goes down to a Lava Plume from Fair.

VN428QC.png

Finally, it is his Snorlax, which is put to sleep and then finished by two Petal Dances.

nmUe3XM.pnghFWeyzc.png

Mate blame Dawn. I don’t want to be caught out again, so I’m overleveling a bit.

oVopHQS.png

Huh, more Team Galactic stuff.

AH963KC.png

Probably is.

Qk1g62i.png

Then maybe stop paying people when they beat you.

SMtBGC3.pngz1dBCF5.png

The grunt was easy, both Pokémon were OHKOs.

X3Ryhkd.png

Further on down we find another Grunt, this time with a lone Kricketune which goes down to a Rock Slide.

8B2lRl8.png

After just checking to make sure if it was a Dawn Stone that evolved Togetic, I was thankfully wrong and used the Shiny Stone to evolve Secret.

aTHRLPi.pnghwGxUis.png

So, you’re not just robbing Pokémon anymore and branching out into monetary theft.

Z29YzHK.png

First round, Cloistered hits the Solrock with Iron Head, while Fair is switched for Chivalrous.

vys7uH9.png

Round 2, both Lunatones are knocked out by an Iron Head and Aqua Tail.

ideF3ra.png

Round 3, the Solrock is KOed by an Iron Head.

XuwXj20.pngy2irR2n.png

So, we will have to fight our third Galactic Commander then.

WKYr0z6.pngV7JfYdf.png

Barry, you left before me and you can run faster than my bike. How did I get into the courtyard before you?

9URJa86.png

Well then, I want into this room.

tBJnCSA.pngOeRiR0C.pngFQefC99.png

The fight was simple. The Stunky went down to a Dragon Claw,, the Venonat to a Rock Slide, and the Arbok to a couple of Iron Heads.

xtKbiYa.png

No, my main goal is to clear you out of the house.

CamUuVa.png

The Grunt’s lone Murkrow goes down to a Rock Slide.

Rha2Gjc.png

I’m not that tired, so I’m going to have to refuse.

ZyPX1nM.pngCAEAA31.pngosAYLop.png

Another simple fight, the Croagunk and Serviper went down to Dragon Claw, and the Butterfree went down to a Rock Slide.

Youh5Qd.png

Did you not just see me beat up the two grunts to your left?

1nlIGF1.pngKWnERqC.png

The Grunt having two Pokémon weak to Rock made this fight simple.

REzmeiv.pngbkB6ZNv.png

This is going to require a one-shot on each isn’t it. My over-levelling has an unexpected upside.

98OKmhb.png

Grunt 1 has a Nincada, which goes down to a couple of Dragon Claws.

7yVjrOR.png

Grunt 2 also has 1 Pokémon, which survives one hit due to a Focus Sash.

vPpQVjS.png

This probably also had a Focus Sash, meaning it took the required 6 turns.

FlnTieJ.png

Well, the Clefairy you were trying to keep locked up escaped so why not let me through?

cdO3uWo.png

After 5 Clefairy and a Happiny all managed to use Teleport with Metronome, they send a Grunt to who knows where, then gives me a Lucky Egg.

1vsg3w9.png

They all ran off, or in one case, was poofed to who knows where.

ySaunXf.png

Have I become famous without trying to?

oNXY49W.png

That would be me.

Ale5edK.png

Yeah, sure why not.

s7NLX0m.png

Round 1, the Wigglytuff barely hangs on from Iron Head, while Barry’s Staravia gets KOed from Thunderbolt, and Cloistered gets badly hurt from Gyro Ball.

AIZM5RA.png

Round 2 and 3 involved switching Cloistered out for Cagey, then Cagey out for Fair. Barry’s Snorlax then KOs the Wigglytuff.

wpQThYe.pngTnRLt5u.png

Round 4 doesn’t go that well, with Fair getting hit by a Power Gem, but not before doing a fair amount of damage with Lava Plume.

1m1mEE1.png

Switching in to Chivalrous, we KO the Espeon after it manages to KO Barry’s Monferno with Psychic

pWTcPFS.png

Round 5 and 6 involves taking out the Raichu with two Crunches, with the Bronzong waking up after taking a Brick Break.

ir3qXla.png

Round 7, Chivalrous takes out the Bronzong with Crunch.

iu5e2wk.png

Next is Saturn’s Octillery, which goes down to a Crunch and Bug Bite.

mKEpz5W.png

Last is Saturn’s ace, Toxicroak. Predicting a Fighting-type move I switch to Miniature, who avoids the Drain Punch and the KOs with a Shadow Ball.

uJTEJTQ.png

Incessant grinding.

zAGXXNJ.png

That he is. Now if you don’t mind, I need to head to a PokéCenter to drop off Fair. And as a reward for our services, we are rewarded the Manaphy Egg.

zqjJ29K.png

After dropping of Fair and picking up the Egg, we hatched Gifted when returning to the PokéCenter. Careful is kinda eh, would’ve preferred a nature that didn’t hinder Sp.Atk, but still it’s a Mythical Pokémon.

lvilIKg.png

And that is us for now. Another death, but we did get a decent Pokémon out of it. Next time, I’ll be going to catch Pokémon I’ve missed, such as the Trophy Garden, the Old Chateaux, and Route 207, as well as do the static encounter Gengar and Gabite. Then we’ll be heading on towards Veilstone City.

Here is chapter 7, another long one due to a new event which I wasn't expecting.

On one hand, over-leveled for sure, on the other, Fair. What an odd feeling this is. I partially look forward to when the levels are back on par but wow.

Generally when I grind I'm generally doing something else at the same time so I have a tendency to over-level. On the upside though I probably won't need to grind again until maybe after the rival fight in Canalave.

Spoiler

c37gipH.png

Welcome to chapter 8. Last time we obtained the 3rd Gym Badge and saved Pokémon Mansion from Team Galactic. This time we’ll be heading to Veilstone City and catching Pokémon in areas which have been skipped.

8F0JANu.png

Our first catch is on Route 208, which is a Zangoose.

L8XcoYM.png

Here is Aquatic. Nature is eh but is fine since his main job is to help catch weaker stuff. Now onto the Old Chateaux.

SlbgU7Y.png

Our Old Chateaux catch is a Rattata.

ejkGUac.png

Also in the Old Chateaux is a special encounter Gengar.

6W1P5Lp.pnggyYVn4u.png

False has a decent nature, and Hurried is fine. Now onto Oreburgh to pick up a Beldum.

3k6hloY.png

Finding Steven, we get a Beldum.

whKqtkH.png

Docile is okay. But Practical is going to be boxed for now. Next up is back to the Pokémon Mansion.

9o9ka2J.png

Down on Route 212 our catch is a Gloom.

irLz32S.png

Heading up into the Trophy Garden, we find a Cleffa. (Ignore the Pokeball mark, forgot to take a screenshot so I ran around to find another level 24 female Cleffa. Could've got a second Eevee from the Trophy Garden to get Harmonius II, but no I get a Cleffa.)

9JJ71q1.pngTO0OSYw.png

Here we have Rough and Powerful. Adamant is bad for Rough, and Sassy is decent on Powerful. Probably won’t use either of them. Now on to Veilstone City.

gPJ38iy.png

Entering Route 209 we find a Meowth.

qcU3w4f.png

Here is Melodic. Careful is eh, but doesn’t impact its Speed or Attack.

BtxCBtS.pngyj9IKPl.png

Our first trainer battle this chapter is a double battle against a pair of confident twins.

jwUxMm0.png

The twins have a Flareon and Vaporeon. Which went down to a Aqua Tail and Petal Dance respectively.

qutJx8r.png

Arriving in the Lost Tower, we find a Golbat to catch.

eJR66UR.png

On our way up the tower we run into a Trainer battle against a Cleffa, which goes down to a Sludge Bomb.

2jYDz4m.pngTZCi0cN.pnghkcfaEu.pngjc2KVXz.png

Our next trainer battle is against a Pokefan, which all go down to a hit each.

bNzp51W.png

Arriving in Solaceon Town after climbing the Lost Tower and getting a Cleanse Tag and information on Ho-oh, we find Barry.

r3CNSV4.png5VX22Wf.png

Yes Barry, Pokéball seals are cool. Probably won’t use them though.

ntYRGT6.png

That’s cool Barry. Most HMs are useless here though.

2zq4uCj.png

Here is our Golbat, Solid. Nature is kinda bad, so probably won’t be used that much.

TOIwVmz.png

Heading up to Route 210 we find a Scyther.

E8JXwH7.png

Here is Severe. Another catch with a subpar nature. Still Scythers are cool.

ajiW1jS.png

Our catch on Route 215 is a Marill.

B6oVNHV.png61W2pkK.png

Well, I don’t intend to lose. Plus, it is raining so Chivalrous gets a stronger Aqua Tail.

QsIRhjR.pnge45qk5B.png

The Marowak goes down to a Petal Dance, and the Rampardos goes down to an Aqua Tail.

61CGzBv.pngEVB7qPu.png

This pair has always caused me trouble when I first started playing Pokémon so lets see if that has changed.

gyWaJ3s.png

First up is a Lickitung and Gligar. The Gligar protects against an Ice Fang, and the Lickitung survives a Sludge Bomb. Both go down the next turn.

VIy0ZUV.png

Next is a Gardevoir and Gyarados. The Gardevoir is hit by and survives Cagey’s Petal Dance, but then goes down to a Crunch from Chivalrous. The Gyarados then uses Bounce.

T8vjSNY.png

Next is a Roserade, which survives an Ice Fang. Cagey then tries to hit the Gyarados with Petal Dance. The next round we switch Cagey out for Miniature, and Chivalrous hits Roserade with another Ice Fang.

wBjOhYM.png6RwqtMw.png

We are now down to being 2 on 1. The Gyarados manages to paralyze Miniature with Bounce, and after managing to hold on from an Ice Beam and Crunch from Aqua Tail from Chivalrous, Miniature is KOed.

3E0WA6t.png

Switching into Cagey, we KO the Gyarados with a Crunch.

4mCfPwV.png

Last is a Drifblim, which gets Frozen from an Ice Fang immediately, but thaws out immediately. It then goes down to Chivalrous’ Crunch next turn.

P825lwX.png

Arriving in Veilstone Stone, we check the nature of the Marill we caught. Calm is decent, but Ethereal will be relegated to being a back-up. Dropping Miniature off we pick up Pratical.

yWm1MDl.png

Heading to the gym we run into Dawn.

GKhdU9m.png

Oh look, it’s Crasher Wake. After he introduces himself, Dawn wishes us luck on our Gym challenge, and the walks off.

TXTf9PS.pngKSUVR8f.png

Entering the Gym, we fight our first trainer. I should be roughly on par level wise with Maylene going off the Ace Trainers at the end of Route 215.

8xQJl4M.png

First is a Machop, which goes down to a Moonblast.

SaqKKm5.png

Next is a Croagunk, which goes down to an Extrasensory.

vsNQ2Yf.png

Third is a Meditite, which goes down to a Moonblast

zdiUgdH.png

Fourth is Mankey, which also goes down to Moonblast.

YOUOH9O.png

Last is Makuhita, which once again goes down to a Moonblast.

OKieGmV.png

Our next gym trainer.

qBd9lTV.pngyFaGISe.pngXGKqacv.png

He has a team consisting of the Hitmons, which go down to Moonblast and then the Hitmontop went down to a Draining Kiss to heal from the two Fake Outs Secret took.

Kt3MVe3.png

Next is trainer number 3.

rCs3uqM.pngjvvLHTV.pngRYiUwUu.png

Trainer 3 manages to get off a bit of damage with Fake Out and Mach Punch, but is healed through Draining Kiss against the Breloom.

5F88G4C.png

Time for the last of the Karate Quads.

6Jr4fRA.pngsqBOaO5.png

He has two Pokémon, both of which go down to a Moonblast each. Now on to Maylene.

jVVMnLu.pngLHMDuJv.png

The main threat of Maylene is going to be her Lucario, mainly from its Steel STABS countering both Secret and Cloistered.

v09rsth.png

First is her Medicham, which manages to hit a Fake Out, but goes down to a Draining Kiss.

GlKUgkX.png

Next is a Toxicroak, which goes down to two Iron Heads but does get off a Sucker Punch.

zhx4B9d.png

Next is her ace Lucario. After Cagey puts it to sleep and uses Leech Seed it goes down to two Petal Dances but does get off two fairly strong Flash Cannons before going down.

0CSp5ks.png

Next is an Infernape, which hits hard with Close Combat but Chivalrous hangs on thanks to Intimidate, and KOs with an Aqua Tail.

crRPGf7.png

Fifth is a Machamp, which goes down to Draining Kiss, after surviving a Draining Kiss and Extrasensory and getting healed by a Hyper Potion.

XTFKQ7j.png

Last is a Gallade, which barely hangs on from a Moonblast and then goes down to an Extrasensory.

C0QsbwZ.png

And with that we have our 4th badge. It went somewhat easier than expected. Switching Chivalrous in against the Infernape was probably the biggest risk, but I am probably going to continue forgetting that Feraligatr is part Dark so yeah.

GfYvYa6.png

Exiting the gym, we run into Dawn again who has had her Pokédex stolen by Team Galactic and wants our help getting it back. That however can wait until next time. Thankfully, we are back to being on par with the Gym Leaders so most likely won’t be over-levelling for the foreseeable future.

zDUSFNN.png

And with that chapter 8 comes to a close. Will be doing a bit of grinding to bring Practical and Gifted up to par with the rest of my team, so until then goodbye.

Here is chapter 8, beginning with a catch spree and ending with a Gym Battle.

Edited by Azure

Spoiler

Nfgatja.png

We’re going to be starting Chapter 9 in Solaceon Town, to go through the Solaceon Ruins. Accidently meet Lucien outside of them and get the TM for Psychic, which would’ve been irritating if it was a battle, since I would then have had to undo my grinding.

tgZbOBU.png

1 evolution in the grinding, with Practical becoming a Metang.

CsWKjRR.png

In the Ruins, our catch is predictably an Unown. Which we catch after putting it to sleep with Cagey.

KbVinlH.png

At the end of the Ruins, we find this sign which from the looks of it is some Jirachi stuff. We also get the TM for Calm Mind, as well Defog.

adx66C4.pngbVBr4Uw.pngZXzSv0f.pngLtV5cfA.png

On the wall we find writing spelling out “Friendship, All Lives Touch Others, Lives to Create Something, Anew and Alive.” Anyway, back to Veilstone to help Dawn.

c4pZI25.pngGzEIJlJ.png

Dawn, you shouldn’t have trouble with Galactic Grunts. But sure, I’ll help, I need to get Fly anyway.

BoFuprr.png

First up is a Weezing and a Skuntank, with the Weezing going down to Zen Headbutt and Dawns Kadabra doing nothing since Psychic type moves do nothing to Dark types.

xiSww8G.png

After the Weezing comes a Venomoth, which goes down to Dawn’s Kadabra, which is then KOed by a Poison Jab by the Skuntank. Practical then ends the round by KOing the Skuntank with Iron Head, getting hurt by Aftermath in return.

MMlmO2O.png

The grunts then bring in a Dustox and Golbat, while Dawn brings in Piloswine. Practical is hit by a Leech Seed from the Golbat while the Dustox using Lightscreen. Practical the KOs the Dustox with a Zen Headbutt, and the Golbat is brought into one-shot range by an Avalanche.

WaBFOjv.png

The Golbat is taken down by a Bullet Punch from Practical, Piloswine is then taken down by the Wormadam after getting a hit off.

JefpCY4.png

With just the Wormadam left, it goes down to a Bullet Punch from Practical.

FQ9dUOp.png

Look who shows up late to the party.

5xmvXuX.png

I don’t really want to, but I probably don’t have a say in the matter.

RJii3v4.png

Well, then I guess our work is done here and I can be on my way to Pastoria City.

1Lj0OfO.png

Hurray for that. Cloistered can get a strong STAB move.

gYTvK6X.png

Why is it wherever I go, Team Galactic is sure to be there too? Anyway, now that we have Fly, onto Pastoria.

PN8WT65.png

There are only trees behind me.

gqAAL8j.pngO9JaKBT.png

The Psychic’s Kirlia went down to an Iron Head, and the Chimecho went down to two. There was also a Girafarig, which went down to an Iron Head and a Bullet Punch.

1K1wqMj.png

Entering the Maniac’s Tunnel, we can find both the TM for Dragon Pulse, and a Trapinch. Which we catch after putting it to sleep and getting some damage off with Leech Seed.

I2TGUdR.png

Heading back out of the Tunnel, we find a Numel to catch.

QPS8840.pngSkvParF.png

Going on further down the route we run into a Maniac.

RpkiF4i.pngvdKCh19.pnglRsKKJb.png

The Kangaskhan goes down to an Iron Head and Bullet Punch, while getting off a Crunch. The Tropius goes down to a Fly. Finally, the Swalot goes down to a Zen Headbutt.

13ZUwwU.png

Arriving at the Valor Lakefront, our catch in the area is a Nidorina.

JlDa52o.png

Good for you, being able to battle.

fBbjIwH.png

The Azumarill went down to a couple of Iron Heads and a Bullet Punch. It only managed to get off an Aqua Ring since the second Iron Head made it flinch.

wHb6nob.png

I have fought plenty of grown-ups so I think I’ll be okay.

CuPnTEZ.pngMig3yws.png

The Delcatty leads with a Fake Out then misses its Sing, allowing Practical to take it out in an Iron Head and Bullet Punch. The Persian suffers the same fate.

E3redfy.png

Further along Route 213 we find our catch for the Route, Swellow. Once again, we catch it by putting it to sleep and doing a bit of damage with Leech Seed.

j3wgDbR.pngaZSkPFO.pngAhaCisa.pngyK8AUKP.png3CyFtEI.png

Here are our catches. Groovy, Woebegone and Hilarious’ natures are great, Aback’s could be better, and Icky’s sucks.

lg81XEi.png

Heading to the Gym, we find that Crasher Wake has went for a wander.

0QkGOsF.png

I am aware of that.

IrYCe5U.png1FA5gYl.png

The Seadra hits Practical with a Rain boosted Muddy Water but goes down to a Zen Headbutt. The Golduck is outsped by Cagey is oneshot by a Petal Dance.

QZAoATb.pngx0toKwo.png

Time for another double battle.

ZdH0qRe.png

First up a Magmar and Milotic. The Magmar goes down to an Air Slash and a Zen Headbutt, with the Milotic taking a Zen Headbutt as well.

arZTdik.png

Next is a Manectric. The Milotic goes down to a Zen Headbutt and Bullet Punch, while I switch Secret out for Cagey who misses Sleep Powder on the Manectric.

CVzs5pq.png

Next is a Jynx, which goes down to a Bullet Punch. Cagey the hits the Manectric with a Sleep Powder.

wGlTbxo.png

Next is a Leafeon, which goes down to Cagey’s Sludge Bomb while I heal up Practical. The Manectric is the KOed by a Zen Headbutt and Sludge Bomb.

Z3kvy1U.png

Last is a Nidoking, which goes down to a Zen Headbutt and Petal Dance.

yTXURR2.png

With that battle, Practical evolves into a Metagross.

UC0MdeK.png

We have now found Crasher Wake, singing in the rain. After seeing the we have the Cobble Badge, Crasher Wake decides to take the long way around to Pastoria by going via Hearthome City.

0k3CF8S.png

Barry, do you have to halt me right now. I don’t want to heal again.

ygbHCAq.png

Barry leads with his Staraptor. After Pracitcal misses its first Meteor Mash, Barry switches to his Infernape.

Y7xtXeH.png

Switching Secret in, he tanks a Thunder Punch and KOs the Infernape with Air Slash.

smq76Nk.png

Bringing in Cloistered for his Breloom, it barely survives a Fly and hits us with a Rock Tomb.

K0CczDE.png

After switching around a bit to make sure Cloistered wasn’t hit by a Mach Punch, Cagey is hit by a powerful Rock Tomb and Practical is put to sleep and Gifted is brought out to take a Force Palm and KO with Signal Beam.

kwZKU0U.png

Bringing Cloisted back out for the Heracross, we get an OHKO with Fly.

qE8mhjk.png

Cagey manages to OHKO Barry’s Azumarill with Petal Dance.

ohg99Qk.png

After spending a few turns to heal up Practical, we KO the Staraptor with a critical Meteor Mash. Which was a bit of overkill since the Staraptor got off a few Close Combats.

R6IhL5S.pngMbATFSh.png

After being the Snorlax down to red with a couple of Night Slashes, the Snorlax uses Rest and the KOs Chivalrous with crit Body Slam from Sleep Talk.

XqfyVmj.png

We then bring in Practical to KO the Snorlax with a critical Hammer Arm.

k8z51Yd.png

After dropping Chivalrous off in the PC and picking up Hilarious, we enter the Gym and find that it is raining. I might go back and get Thunder from the Department Store and get Hurricane on Secret from a Move Tutor.

9o7pKA5.png

After arriving in the Department Store, I remember than TMs can’t be brought, but do get Earthquake from Bertha, and despite being an option Hurricane cannot be taught from the Move Tutor due to it being a TM. I did teach Thunder Punch and Fang to Practical and Cloistered respectively for more coverage.

qYxmZEn.png

Good for you. You and every other trainer in the gym are to be used for training.

zDfrDw5.png

He also had a Wortortle and a Sealeo, with all three going down to Petal Dance.

UHKsQjr.png

Well I have a plant dinosaur.

2gyA4bL.png

The fisherman also had a Lanturn and Seaking, which once again went down to Petal Dance.

DjfiZ7Q.png

That is good, still you’ll probably lose.

a3I0OMZ.png

The sailor also had a Golduck and Coconaw. The Pelipper was put to sleep and taken out with two Sludge Bombs, with the other two going down to Petal Dance.

XZdfs9g.png

After the battle, Hilarious evolves from the Exp.Share.

0rSOxmg.png

Aim higher than the fifth Gym Leader. Unless it is Blaze Black/Volt White 2 Clay.

39hIton.png

The Azumarill went down to a couple of Sludge Bombs. She also had a Marshtomp and Dewgong which went down to Petal Dance.

OJ0dYSR.png

Time for fisherman number 2.

beQVxa2.png

Lumineon and Kingler went down to a Petal Dance each, while his Tentacruel took a couple.

f9LylAY.png

Time for sailor number 2.

yG8eMBe.png

The Slowbro and his Gastrodon went down to a Petal Dance. Practical was then switched into deal with his Mantine.

zC2Dxek.pngYBLZGuP.png

Hopefully it won’t be your victory.

O9jY8vQ.png

First up is Quagsire, which even with its held Rindo Berry goes down to Cagey’s Petal Dance.

H8O6miP.png

Bringing in Cloistered for his Gyarados, its Wacan Berry proves ineffective agianst Cloistered’s Thunder Fang.

dVyGyRD.png

Third is Crasher Wake’s ace, Floatzel, which misses its Aqua Tail and is KOed by Practical’s Thunder Punch.

pA0stLf.png

Fourth is his Sharpedo, which barely survives a Thunder Punch and hit Practical hard with Crunch. Pracitcal then hits it with a Bullet Punch but Crasher Wake heals with a Hyper Potion.

veG3zdU.png

Switching Cagey in proves futile as he gets KOed by a Crunch. Secret is then switched in and tanks a Waterfall to KO with Moonblast.

giwjzZv.png

Switching Gifted in against the Ludicolo proves a lapse in judgement as it gets one-shot by Energy Ball.

vwhqiN0.png

Spending a few turns stalling against the Ludicolo to make sure its Hydro Pump does KO Practical, we catch a break when it misses allowing Practical to tank a hit and KO with Thunder Punch.

oELyI3w.png

For his final Pokémon, we bring in Secret who crits with Draining Kiss to one-shot the Poliwrath.

9w6y3HO.png

And with that we have our 5th Gym Badge along with the HM for Waterfall. Wasn’t expecting that for the reward.

xr5ZVFV.png

That I did, now can I just get to the PokéCenter before any more stuff happens.

UYwQst3.png

The bomb threat from Team Galactic can wait until next time. We now have Big the Treecko in our party, and next time I’ll be picking up the Good Rod to go catch a Pokémon in Pastoria. So until then, goodbye.

Here is chapter 9. Difficulty is really ramping up, especially with the Gym Leaders. I am not looking forward to what is to come.

I do have two left being Big the Treecko and Tremendous the Torchic, but I've lost my Water starters. Tremendous would've been the better pick coming up to Byron since he'll have two super-effective STABS, and would help against Candice but I've made my choice, but I do have easy access to the elemental punches and fangs so I have coverage. Probably will also be putting Magnet Rise on Practical incase of Earthquake. Though if I fail the run at least I can bring these Pokémon back to finish the game anyway.

26 minutes ago, Azure said:

I do have two left being Big the Treecko and Tremendous the Torchic, but I've lost my Water starters. Tremendous would've been the better pick coming up to Byron since he'll have two super-effective STABS, and would help against Candice but I've made my choice, but I do have easy access to the elemental punches and fangs so I have coverage. Probably will also be putting Magnet Rise on Practical incase of Earthquake. Though if I fail the run at least I can bring these Pokémon back to finish the game anyway.

Yeah, Magnet Rise does seem like a pretty...practical choice.

Spoiler

tOOCRlp.png

Welcome to chapter 10. Last time we made our way to Pastoria and got out 5th gym badge. Since them I have brought both Big and Hilarious up to par with everyone else.

mvScgcY.pngrFrJP4T.png

Being able to get the “Power” items in Solaceon Town was helpful. I also found a shiny Smeargle while grinding which, due to Big having the Power Lens, moved first and promptly killed itself with Struggle. Anyway, time to go catch something in Pastoria.

RPagzqu.png

We can get a Poliwag. We throw a Dive Ball at to catch it easily.

mMeMZJT.png

Here is Several. We throw the Exp.Share on her, and time to move on to help deal with a bomb threat.

8k54bfB.png

Well, looks like we were too late to stop an act of terrorism.

sJyolnC.png

Well, we’ve found the culprit quickly.

7QUqazB.png

Eh, you’re still involved in an act of terrorism.

QEVkAlp.pngwmc6XQc.png

So, you knew it was a bomb and you pressed the button. Yet you think you aren’t to blame.

ev8NvEE.png

Don’t worry, I wasn’t intending too. I’ll chase the grunt instead.

983E9FY.png

Eh, I’m good. Chasing you is going to be fun.

TVfhXIF.png

You could probably get promoted if you beat me though, considering I have defeated three of your commanders. But run if you want.

SXt7eyh.png

Well, maybe don’t do that if someone is chasing after you.

LQhD8ii.png

Then maybe stop running and fight me. You might get promoted.

qGDg0lf.png

Oh look, it’s Looker. By talking to me the grunt is escaping.

Hetv5MY.png

You came from the direction of Pastoria and didn’t hear the explosion go off.

rLOpvJi.png

Mate, I am offering you the chance for a promotion. Why are you content with sitting at the bottom.

si3Ms44.png

Hurray, you decided to try for the promotion.

GZl9Ecc.png

The grunt’s Toxicroak goes down to an Earthquake and a Dragon Claw, while getting off a Drain Punch and Sucker Punch.

nSqYm9s.png

Well, I need to get into the lake. A guy who set off a bomb is going there.

TiLK1Dt.png

The lake. Which is suspiciously closed to the public.

ECb2Lw0.png

Barry, how long have you known me?

ow2jbhW.png

Could you have not asked me this when you gave me the Secret Potion?

ibPN7wF.png

You are the one who jumped out at me. I ever intended to find you.

OrclGS7.png

Another Toxicroak, which goes down to a single Earthquake.

8iRgWtN.png90pLQZc.png

That’s good, keeping calm is good.

t37xeda.pngzvqnhrO.png1P0L3rn.png

The Ambipom goes down to a couple of Bug Buzzes, since the Flygon and Vibrava are Bug/Dragon so Earthquake is a weaker choice. The Starmie goes down to a Leaf Blade but gets off a Psychic. Finally, the Torterra goes down to a couple of Air Slashes and flinches on the first.

BIAUDVp.png

Yeah, but you aren’t the one who is going to be fighting.

qsTuNAs.pngzTND1yv.png7C8cWmT.png

The Machamp goes down to a couple of Outrages. The Heracross goes down to an Air Slash. Finally, the Blaziken goes down to an Earthquake and a Rock Slide.

WXdJfcV.png

Yeah, I can show you the power of a Dragonfly.

5BiNA7K.png6Eu9QaU.pngSgZzqFO.png

The Dodrio geos down in two Rock Slides, and paralyzes Hilarious with Tri Attack. The Pidgeot survives a Rock Slide, but hits hard with Air Slash, so we switch out for Cloistered to finish off with a Thunder Fang. Last, the Skarmory goes down to a couple of Thunder Punches from Practical.

Y7AnFlq.png

Another surprise Dawn encounter.

2KdilhK.png

Fine, I’ll have a battle. Also thank you for making me waste a Hyper Potion and Paralyze Heal with your free heal beforehand.

26MKsoG.png

First up is Alakazam, which goes down to an Outrage.

7mFMxdC.png

Next is a Clefable, which gets off a Moonblast before going down to a Meteor Mash.

gxiD7av.png

Dawn, did you have to rub in the fact you KOed my own Flareon by getting your own? After surviving an Earthquake from Cloistered the Flareon burns with Will-o-Wisp, and after getting healed is switched for Empoleon.

5dDn6oN.png

Pulling our own switch, we bring out Big, who lands a weak Drain Punch, but finishes off Empoleon with a few Giga Drains while taking damage from Flash Cannon.

ku7PStJ.png

Next is her Mamoswine, which KOs Practical with an Earthquake. I was hoping it could take at least one hit.

HFhp787.png

Bringing out Hilarious, it gets another KO with a crit Stone Edge.

ZXCcgEN.png

With all my remaining team being weak to it, Secret manages to tank a Stone Edge and get the KO with Moonblast.

bK8JH2D.png

Her Lopunny goes down easier than when we last fought, taking one Fly which allows Cloistered to dodge an Ice Punch.

tQ8bMAT.png

Back to Cloistered vs Flareon, Cloistered gets revenge for my fallen Harmonius the last time we fought Dawn, by KOing Flareon with an Earthquake.

DP3vNW8.png

Honestly Dawn, you are stronger than Barry. I did better this time around though only losing two rather than three. But this is going to make Byron so much harder.

DfNP7uS.png

After picking up Tremendous the Torchic and Hurried the Gengar from the PokéCenter and grinding them up to par, we move on to find a Galactic Grunt who decides to threaten us.

NUUSooy.pngUp1SK4h.png

And Hurried doesn’t take long to bite the dust. Missing out on the KO and getting hit by Crunch. Cloistered is then switched in to finish the Houndoom off.

ltMXzBa.png

Golbat went down to a couple of Thunder Fangs, with the grunts last Pokémon, Beedrill, going down to a critical Blaze Kick from Tremendous.

JVBPH5I.png

After beating the grunt and picking up Severe the Sycther, we are told about a legend. Someone also decides to interrupt the story halfway through.

kkYW9AU.png

Oh, it’s the strange person we’ve met at Lake Verity, the Eterna City Statue, and in Mt Coronet.

V0U0PZU.png

Mate, destroying the cave painting is not really going to do much in changing the world. Maybe help the poor or hungry, rather than commit acts of vandalism.

OGgwVpo.png

Ideally, I don’t challenge you, but something tells me I need to anyway.

cWAQ70X.png

Well if you’re the boss of the spacemen, then you should know I’ve beaten three of your commanders.

NqDMRpU.png

First up is Cyrus’ Crobat. It outspeeds Big and gets off a strong Sludge Bomb and poisons, while getting hit by a Dragon Pulse. We then switch to Cloistered to finish it with a Thunder Fang.

vDV461S.png

Next is a Magnezone, which goes down to a single Hi Jump Kick.

iRWXGwy.png

Third is his Honchcrow, which goes down to a single Moonblast.

ds8Fdhw.png

Last is Cyrus’ ace, Weavile, which outspeeds Tremendous and gets off a Swords Dance only to get hit by Hi Jump Kick.

d7bVvmV.png

He seems to attract strange people, all of which dress up like spacemen.

RlAK0We.png

No clue. All I know is I’m probably going to have another run in with the police again.

j3xumZw.png

Yeah everything is fine. A cult leader showed up and threatened vandalism, but otherwise yeah, it’s all fine.

okkEGDK.pngHQ7E4Sc.png

Really? Even before the bombs, they’ve kidnapped people, forced some to work and others to fund their activities. But sure, the bomb is the last straw.

II5A502.png

Yes, I have. Not this this one though. Anyway, now that we have surf, time to go catch a few things.

EnEz1uF.png

On Route 219 we find a Wingull. Smacking it with a Drain Punch, we then catch it in a Dive Ball.

8nI4zSc.png

Surfing on done a bit to Route 220, we find a Mantyke.

EU5wj3f.png

Surfing a bit east to route 221, we find a Tentacruel.

mQ7cLnY.png

Yes, I am here to see Pal Park. What else is there to do down here.

jbEXz4t.png

My fame precedes me.

aLKLbFe.png

Wandering around we find a trainer to battle.

AbsGvBN.pngHaymW1q.png

First up is a Gallade. It takes a Dragon Pulse, and KOs Big with a Close Combat. We bring in Secret to KO it with a Moonblast.

kOay37S.pngiXkkZXr.png

Next is an Empoleon, which takes an Earthquake and is then switched for Staraptor. Which KOs Several, who honestly was mainly there to be a Surf user.

7vQ5rl7.png

We bring in Cloistered to KO it with two Thunder Fangs.

WFhUOdZ.png

Bringing in Tremendous for the Empoloeon, he misses his Hi Jump Kick and promptly gets taken out. I’ve lost. Cloistered has less Atk than Tremendous and doesn’t have a super-effective STAB. Secret only has not every effective move, and my last is a level 30 Sycther. So, unless Cloistered crits with Thunder Fang or Earthquake I’ve lost.

d4u1yJl.png

Bringing in Cloistered, he gets taken out by an Aqua Jet.

pSGddLg.png

Yup, this is gg. Flinch spamming can only get you so far. It manages hit a Hydro Pump and then could use Aqua Jet to move before Secret.

L2GAsk5.png

Okay, well I lost. Since it wasn’t a Black Out I technically haven’t lost.

qAiHU7G.png

I’ll end there. Not sure whether to class this as a fail since I did lose my team, but since it wasn’t a Black Out it doesn’t count as a Game Over. So, the team has been placed in Purgatory until then. I’m not stuck thankfully since I have a few Pokémon which can use Surf and Fly. Though I’m going to need to grind again. The trainer on Bicycle Road who has a Jolteon is going to be so sick of me by the end of this run.

Here is Chapter 10 where we deal with Team Galactic stuff and discover Pal Park.

Honestly I wouldn't count that last battle, it's an optional intentionally over-hard fight.

But dang Dawn should be going for the championship what a beast.

The fight at Pal Park is actually required, since you need the Tea you get from it to get through the Canalave Gate. But since it doesn't register as a black out, as your Pokemon are healed after the battle, it is kinda a weird limbo where your team did faint but you technically didn't black out. Regardless, not really going to be making a decision at this point since it is late and I'm planning for the next entry to be Wednesday so I have a bit of time to think it over.

Spoiler

t2ze0uP.png

Here we are in Chapter 11, last time we got destroyed by Darach. Since it wasn’t a Black Out I’ve decided to just bury the team I used in that fight. So, I’ve trained up a new team.

u5nfDwG.pngMN6TUB0.pngIzd1qfW.pngXwg2ChG.pngjJ66m2Z.pngb5umtHr.png

Here is the new team. Exotic is going to be useless against Byron since Meganium is part Fairy, but I got Brawny, Groovy and Fumbling. Now on to Canalave.

71WHZge.png

In the Canalave Gate we find the reason why we were given tea.

Dqb8mFG.png

Heading across the Canalave Bridge we are met by Barry.

lDSBqWx.png

Our first match this chapter is against our rival.

bzf9Q4o.png

A tad over-levelled again. Warm takes down Staraptor with a single Thunder Punch.

1G37ZLf.png

The Snorlax goes down to a Close Combat.

tdLN70l.png

Barry’s Azumarill survives a Sludge Bomb, allowing it to get of a Play Rough and then goes down to Life Orb recoil.

jBNux2z.png

Infernape goes down to a Fly, allowing Aback to dodge a Thunder Punch.

lIEKpCm.png

Keeping Aback in for the Heracross, it goes down to a Fly.

YEVPM3M.png

Last is Breloom, which survives a Fly due to a Focus Sash. The Breloom then misses Stone Edge, allowing Aback to KO with an Extreme Speed.

g5b0fgr.pngkj9YvDB.png

Well, Barry if you think I am just a bit better than you that’s fine. Anyway, time to head off to Iron Island.

oUnqxu3.png

On Iron Island we find Byron who says to come back after we’ve trained up in the island.

eZLAAje.png

Heading up to the entrance we find Riley, who wants a battle.

4kAPVFc.png

First up is an Absol. Which survives a Surf, allowing it to get off a Night Slash. It goes down to two more Surf after Riley heals it up.

99aiRlf.png

Next up is a Metagross, which gets of a Meteor Mash before going down to a Flamethrower.

T7x08Sn.png

Next is Riley’s ace, Lucario, which goes down to a Close Combat.

Lt3sJKc.png

Next is a Salamence, which gets off two Flys, before going down to a couple of Draining Kisses.

qAniW2e.png

Switching to Fumbling for Ursaring, which goes down to a Close Combat.

G2kWpAb.png

Last is a Slaking, which goes down to a Close Combat.

cgo9geC.png

After beating Riley, we head down into Iron Island and find a Sableye to catch. We succeed after throwing a bunch of Great Balls at it while Poison slowly weakens it.

3FXgMZd.png

Heading further down Iron Island we meet up with Riley to find out what is irritating the wild Pokémon.

lXQCd9U.png

Here we are against the first required trainers in Iron Island.

gA3UAVY.png

Round 1 the Gardevior goes down to a Sludge Bomb and Meteor Mash.Round 1 the Gardevior goes down to a Sludge Bomb and Meteor Mash.

YpcaKTS.png

Round 2, Brawny misses the Medicham with Hydro Pump and gets hit by a Zen Headbutt. Riley’s Lucario then goes down to Masquerain’s Hydro Pump.

Jov2qNX.pngo4S9nvf.png

Round 3 Brawny misses another Hydro Pump and gets KOed by a Zen Headbutt. We then bring out Aback and KO the Medicham with Fly, while Riley’s Salamence KOs the Masquerain with its own Fly.

gDL1clT.png

The Lopunny is KOed by Salamences Fly, and Cradily is then KOed by a Fly from Aback and Salamence.

u8j6ozy.png

Hippowdon is brought out while Aback is in the middle of Fly and is then KOed by a Body Slam. We then bring Exotic to KO it with a Petal Dance.

jq9xMpY.png

Heading along a bit longer we find Team Plasma. Time to clear them out of the mine.

7uayZVu.png

First round, Lucario KOs the Purugly with a Hi Jump Kick, with Exotic then hitting the Golbat with a Draining Kiss.

P2h42nU.png

Round 2, Lucario KOs the Golbat with Meteor Mash and Toxicroak is hit with a Draining Kiss. Lucario is then KOed by Toxicroak.

WJhZqK1.png

Round 3, Metagross misses a Meteor Mash, while Exotic uses Earthquake KOing Toxicroak.

jcCox0f.png

Houndoom then KOs Metagross with a Nasty Plot boosted Dark Pulse, before getting KOed by Exotic’s Earthquake. Exotic then KOs Muk and Skuntank with an Earthquake.

BxlvTJO.png

After receiving Strength from Riley, we head back to get Byron to return to the gym.

Y6uFEKP.png

After dropping Aback and Brawny in the PC, we head to the gym.

inBOQud.png

The first trainer’s Steelix goes down to a Flamethrower.

IezgvNA.png

Trainer number 2.

Zeorr4t.pngbkFvCdx.pngNaoG4si.png

Switching to Warm against the Empoleon, we KO it with a Thunder Punch. The Scizor and Metagross go down to a Flamethrower.

XAEAflw.png

Heading further through the gym, we find another gym trainer.

L8tTTeI.png

The Probopass goes down to an Earthquake, with the second Pokémon, Forretress, goes down to a Flamethrower.

JPYEIOV.png

Heading over the movement platform we have another trainer battle.

L6nY6AB.png

The Lucario gets off an Aura Sphere before going down to Flamethrower.

cZ92weP.pngGEuugYE.png

Yes, but by focusing on one-type you are opening yourself up to easy counters.

GkCtdEE.pngZ91Udkb.pngTPDUA6i.png

We take down the Skarmory and Mawile with a Flamethrower. We then heal up against the Wormadam, before taking it out with a Flamethrower.

iWd6nwn.png

Time for our match against Byron.

NfgD2A9.png

First up, a Bronzong, which goes down to a Flamethrower.

5CS1XIb.png

Second is a Steelix, which goes down to a Flamethrower.

p8KcueA.png

Switching to Fumbling, the Aggron survives a Close Combat with a Focus Sash. It gets KOed the next turn after Byron heals up.

62JM8bg.png

We keep Fumbling in against Bastiodon, and KO it with a Close Combat.

BcVuJJP.png

Bringing Groovy back out against the Forretress, we KO it with a Flamethrower.

QynBiEV.png

Byron’s last Pokémon, Magnezone, goes down to Groovy’s Earthquake after getting off a Flash Cannon.

mOPfgSZ.png

With that we have obtained our sixth gym badge and the TM for Flash Cannon.

0ttgMhp.png

Heading out of the gym, Barry tells us to head to the Library.

iZiJn9K.png

Heading up to the top floor of the library, we find Professor Rowan and Dawn.

5kmMXqF.png

Oh, so we get to go find some legendary Pokémon.

7BpKzIb.png

I want to contest this point. I am stronger than Barry, so I should be the one who goes north. Or Dawn, since she has given me more trouble than Barry has.

CJ5A7Oy.png

Hurray, another act of terrorism interrupts our nice conversation.

ustfCcf.png

Don’t worry, I’ll probably be done before you, so I’ll come join you.

dZPc6u3.png

Well, that be it for this chapter. A bit overleveled again, starting the chapter with my highest being 7 levels higher than Byron’s, but we’ve now reached the point where story is picking up so levels should increase a bit more. So next time we’ll be going and seeing what is happening at the lakes.

Chapter 11. Up late since I mainly forgot to upload all the images after typing the thing up. Here we go do the Canalave Gym and Iron Island.

Spoiler

uI2JU5Y.png

Welcome to chapter 12, last time we cleared out Iron Island and took on the Canalave Gym. We were then told to go see what happened at Lake Valor.

IizYpst.pngfI7pnDu.png

Here are the two new members of our team to patch up the hole made last episode.

zkEWbrG.png

Sneaking around all the grunts in the Lake we find Saturn in the cave.

1LMZmlJ.png

Well mate, it would be a shame if you did forget me.

2wQKfQz.pngEF7N2K2.png

Don’t forget the Valley Windworks. I interfered there as well.

fwzQT7F.png

I fully intend to keep interfering.

crBqfEd.png

First up is an Alakazam. False misses her Sucker Punch, because screw Hustle, but Saturn’s Alakazam missed its Focus Blast. Sucker Punch then hit on the next turn KOing Alakazam.

qdvQnug.png

Next is his ace, Toxicroak. It goes for a Sucker Punch doing a small bit of damage and is then KOed by Earthquake.

ijXBvYb.png

Third is a Rhydon, which goes down to a Rain boosted Surf.

ASORoIy.png

We bring Groovy back in for Saturn’s Bronzong, which goes down to a couple of Flamethrowers due to the Rain caused by Voiceless’ Drizzle.

HnUQTsA.png

Last is an Octillery, which goes down to a Thunder Punch from Warm.

3QhSusO.png

My strength comes from over-grinding. Piece of advice go to Solaceon Town’s Day-care and fight the Breeder there with her endless supply of Chanseys and Blisseys.

td3ntgu.png

Good for you. I’m still going to interfere regardless of what Pokémon you have. Now to head to Lake Verity.

PRSAkrb.png4UPrS0D.png

Why is Dawn having trouble against Mars? But I’ll help anyway.

54vStLk.pngkGcaJl4.png

Well if you are okay with losing, feel free to stall me.

bKhheIL.png

First up is a couple of bugs. We switch Exotic out for Warm and try to hit the Dustox with a Hurricane. It fails due to Protect, and the Voiceless is hit by a Hurricane from the Beautifly.

JseVZkZ.png

We then manage to KO the Beautifly and Dustox with a Thunder Punch and Hurricane respectively.

Dez981I.png

Now for another pair of bugs. Which are KOed in the same manner as the previous ones, though Warm is KOed by a Megahorn from the Beedrill.

y2CnO5E.pngQjgfxRU.png

If you beat me, you’ll get a nice bonus considering I’ve beaten three of your commanders and your Boss.

LmCAdeK.png

First up are the first stage Nidos, which go down to a Hurricane and Earthquake.

w92jJSt.png

Next is a Golbat and Wormadam, with the Golbat surviving a Huuricane and the Wormadam going down to a Flamethrower.

mz3UbZC.png

The already weakened Golbat goes down to Groovy’s Flamethrower, with the healthy one surviving a Hurricane from Voiceless.

bBFFEFc.png

Last out is a Mothim, which goes down to a Flamethrower after the Golbat and Mothim hit Voiceless with an Air Slash. The Golbat goes down to another Hurricane.

ZClXVjX.png

You must mean the Wind Works.

dGFaAX1.png

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one. I’ve also beat Jupiter and Saturn. The latter was beaten a bit early.

EZqgtSy.png

No, I’m here to help clear up.

wWwteJ6.png

First up is a Crobat. We set up a Stealth Rock against the Crobat, while it starts setting up Double Teams. We manage to set up a couple of Curses and get put to sleep a few times before KOing it with Flamethrower.

RKqFoWC.png

Next is a Bronzong, which gets off a Payback before going down to Flamethower.

vnssklz.png

Third is Yanmega, which dodges a Flamethrower with Detect, the second Flamethrower then misses, Detect is then used again. The Yanmega goes down to a fourth Flamethrower.

IviNDzn.png

Since Groovy was badly injured from Air Slashes, we bring Fumbling in and KO the Kangaskhan with a Close Combat after getting hit by a Fake Out.

3v0TLem.png

Last is her ace, Purugly. Using an X Defend turn 1 to help take hits, the Purugly manages to put Exotic to sleep with Hypnosis with consecutive hits. It eventually misses allowing Exotic to poison it and hit it with a few Draining Kisses to finish it off.

RModlMD.png

You weren’t particularly tough, just remarkably lucky since you hit with Hypnosis way too much.

bggIeRC.png

Well, don’t let it get to you. Jupiter and Saturn have also lost. Jupiter less so since I’ve only had one fight against her.

AKjgwPQ.png

After being told to check on Barry at Lake Acuity, we drop off Warm in Eterna City and pick up Sudden the Nosepass. Now to head up through Route 217 and get a new catch.

QT3t7NJ.png

After getting onto Route 217 we are found by Maylene.

s723vRh.png

After bragging about her inability to feel cold, Maylene gives us the TM for Focus Blast.

SlRfaw5.png

The cold is also nothing compared to a Flamethrower from Groovy.

OAVoHuh.pngiGz4G2C.pngCR0BrIW.png

The Magmortar is KOed by an Earthquake, the Kingdra by a couple of Draining Kisses, Groovy is then brought back in to KO the Venusaur with a Flamethrower.

cvw0AOY.png

Heading up the route a bit, we find a patch of grass that gives us a Jynx. We bring out Voiceless to hit it with a Fly, and then manage to catch it before Perish Song KOs it.

CgRz2V5.png

I mean probably, why else would you come and talk to me.

QN7jUlb.png76RSvdU.png

The Shifty goes down to a Flamethrower, but gets off a couple of Dark Pulses due to the first Flamethrower missing. The Altaria goes down to a couple of Hurricanes and a Fly due to Moonblast lowering Voiceless’ Sp.Atk. Last was a Blissey, which went down to a Close Combat from Fumbling.

IOhsWip.pngWr53qqG.png

Arriving at the Acuity Lakefront, we find Barry. Who after telling us we need the Snowpoint Gym badge, reveals that he hasn’t actually found Team Galactic yet.

7wJttW6.png

After running around in the grass at the Lakefront, we find a Piloswine to catch.

OCruZiq.pngVB9KSpX.png

Here are our two new team members. Hardy is fine, and Lonely is somewhat useful.

cXfXXNW.png

Arriving at the Gym we are told to go find Candice in Snowpoint Temple.

BBVNDTQ.pngyx56hpm.png

Getting into the Temple requires a battle.

W5wNlAn.png

First up a Heracross and Blissey. The Heracross gets off a Rock Slide before going down to a Hurricane. The Blissey then sets up a Light Screen and goes down to an Earthquake.

jTTFZj8.png

Next is a Typhlosion and Meganium, which hit Groovy with an Earth Power each KOing him. The Meganium is then hit with a Fly.

SLqwLRE.png

Bringing out Flase, we hit the Meganium with a Sucker Punch, and the Typholsion doges a Hurricane with Protect. The next turn Typhlosion is switched for a Tyranitar, and False KOs Meganium with Flame Wheel and gets healed with a Hyper Potion.

aahEkeq.png

We switch False out for Exotic, while Voiceless tries to hit the Tyranitar with Surf, which fails due to Protect. The Feraligatr then uses Agility. Voiceless is then KOed by a Rock Slide from the Tyranitar, after hitting Feraligartr with Hurricane. Exotic then hits with Draining Kiss.

6sEEStl.png

False KOs Feraligatr with Sucker Punch, while the Tyranitar sets up another Protect. It then goes down next turn to a Petal Dance.

u2l4jjZ.png

The Typhlosion manages to dodge a few hits by using Protect, but eventually goes down to a Double Edge from False.

lL2hQsf.png

With that battle over we can now enter Snowpoint Temple, however, since my team took a hit I’m going to end it here. Next time we’ll be searching for Candice and taking on the Snowpoint Gym. Then probably help Barry.

Once again I forgot about this after typing it up in a Word document. In this chapter we clear Team Galactic out of Lake Verity and Valor, and head up to Snowpoint City.

Spoiler

9KUCaDh.png

Here we are with chapter 13, last time we took on Saturn and Mars, and journeyed to Snowpoint City, only to lose a couple members of the team to a team of gatekeepers at Snowpoint Temple. Levelled up a few new team members, thanks to the breeder in the Day-care.

2tYTYgi.pngnbt0TZ9.pngKDCLQUB.png

Here are the three new members. Certain is hopefully going to end up as a powerhouse, Solid has access to a fair number of moves for coverage, and Sudden is going to be a great help against Candice. So, time to head back up to Snowpoint City and find Candice.

hT9esBK.png

Arriving at the bottom of Snowpoint Temple, we find Maylene and Candice.

bspv8zR.png

Turns out Regigigas is waking up and Maylene and Candice want my help to put it to sleep.

GH6e0kI.png

After a fade to black we manage to put it too sleep. For our help, Candice gives us the HM for Rock Climb. Now that we have dealt with that, time to go find a catch in the Temple.

yr79t6e.png

After running around to make the Super Repel run out, we find a Sneasel. We poison it, then bring in Sudden to tank it before we catch it with a Dusk Ball.

VQsODju.png

Getting through the gym by skipping all the trainers, we arrive at Candice.

f3OVtCm.png

First up is her Abomasnow, Sudden manages to tank an Earthquake and sets up Stealth Rock, predicting an Earthquake we switch to Solid, an OHKO it with a Fly.

NNuJECu.png

Bringing in Certain for Glaceon, we hit it hard with Ancient Power, we don’t KO it. I then heal up thinking Candice would do the same but get hit with another Blizzard. I set up an Amnesia, and then this.

CdbH2Aq.png

The Glaceon gets a crit meaning Certain makes a quick exit. We then bring in False to KO it with Flame Wheel.

H7h1Kla.png

Bringing in Fumbling for Walrein, he gets KOed by a Critical Blizzard.

gFFJ0bf.png

We bring in Sudden and heal up, knowing we can take a couple of Surfs. A couple of Hyper Potions later we KO the Walrein with a couple of Thunderblots, but are put to sleep with Yawn.

woVoGzv.png

We switch in Solid to dodge an Earthquake. I realize I forgot to teach Solid Giga Drain for coverage. We hit it with a Fly and manage to survive a Stone Edge but are KOed by the hail. We bring False in to KO it with Flame Wheel.

pgP8Yzh.png

Next is Weavile, and Hustle kicks in making False miss Flame Wheel, and we barely survive an Icicle Crash and hail damage, and manage to KO it on the next turn.

XwNtirj.png

Last is her ace, Froslass. I try to KO it with a Sucker Punch, and promptly miss. False is then KOed by a Blizzard. I then bring in Sudden and heal him up, and the KO the Froslass with a Flash Cannon.

j73C1DX.png

That was rough, I was overlevelled and yet lost 4 new team members. After receiving the badge and TM for Avalanche, time to head and grind up 4 new Pokémon before going to see how Barry is doing.

mffGQqL.png

After training Aquatic the Zangoose, Quickest the Gyrados, Organic the Porygon-Z, and Ill the Weavile up to par, it is time to see Barry.

tcU6Dap.png

Entering the lake, we find out that Barry lost his battle.

LBGRHI0.png

Jupiter, I hear your advice, but I am going to choose to ignore it.

6D674iu.png

Heading back to Veilstone, we find out that Looker has managed to get the Storage Key for the Galactic HQ.

2O7DGYC.pngSfov7Pw.png

Come now, don’t lump me in with a creep.

awxLsec.png82xciUm.png

The grunt’s Murkrow goes down to a Thunder Blot after mistakenly setting up Rocks, thinking it was Power Gem. The Houndoom goes down to a couple of Dazzling Gleams.

M9ubjvh.pngYilldEh.png

Well, it’s a shame I am going to rob that from you.

na6H9HB.pngLmpMA5Y.png

Predicting a Fighting move from the Toxicroak, we bring in Quickest who takes a Cross Chop and KOs in return with Hurricane. The Skuntank goes down to a Dragon Dance boosted Waterfull and nearly KOs Quickest with Aftermath.

ICaFyVZ.pngTpQBzYR.png

Yeah, but I don’t want your future. I want mine.

hUC4SfQ.pngC72vCi4.png

The Scyther goes down to a Thunderbolt after setting up a Swords Dance, with the Skuntank goes down to a couple of Flash Cannons.

amnYLNV.png

Yes, I am having fun sneaking around.

IhpuSuK.pngJytA7uN.png

The Golbat went down to a Thunderbolt and the Ariados goes down to a couple of Flash Cannons. There was also a Mightyena which went down to a Dazzling Gleam.

jr7HOlK.png

I’m not that tired. But try to shine anyway.

zEENWEI.pngJrivGZR.pngSfstr8A.png

The Golbat goes down to a Thunderbolt, the Cacturne to a Dazzling Gleam, and the Venomoth to a couple of Flash Cannons.

BBZdpRA.png

After running through the HQ we find Cyrus giving a rousing speech on how everything sucks and he is the one who can fix it.

Qwo72av.pngWutVrpJ.png

Hurray, I’m famous.

yzBhbBM.pngRmnPT5L.pngQqZr4AK.png

The Forretress goes down to a couple of Thunderbolts, the Yanmega to a Thunderbolt, and the Serviper to a couple of Flash Cannons.

LrgZpIt.pngQ05ul6i.png

Yup, I’m very much enjoying my unauthorised tour.

LlkhHSi.pngDFlqjkC.png

First turn Muk is switched to Arbok, which then goes down to a couple of Flash Cannons. The Muk then shares the same fate.

RhFDtGm.png

I was listening. Remarkable negative.

y60jSMk.png

Yup, completely useless.

rDw7o40.png

Cyrus’s first Pokémon is Crobat, so we set up a Stealth Rock then KO it with a couple of Thunderbolts.

n80T5QB.png

Next is Weavile, which goes down to a Dazzling Gleam and Flash Cannon.

9SuvS0a.png

Keeping Sudden in for Honchkrow, we heal with a Hyper Potion, then KO it with a Thunderbolt.

WLIC1d6.png

Switching in Quickest, we KO the Houndoom with Waterfall.

y2TC8Ki.png

Last is Magnezone, so we bring in Exotic an KO it with an Earthquake.

ub43EUx.png

That I am. It also helps that Probopass counters half your team.

MVaez6G.png

After healing up we head in and find Saturn and Charon with the Lake Trio.

FzkGWub.png

Don’t forget the Pokémon Mansion.

uJ5Kop4.png

First is Bronzong. We set up Stealth Rocks while he set up Reflect. We then KO it with three Thunderbolts, one being a crit.

9jRLyUr.png

Next up is Rhyperior, which survives a Surf. We then set up a Dragon Dance, then hit it with another Surf.

j5KMwIY.png

Next is Magmortar, which we KO with a Waterfall, but get burned from Flame Body.

kSONpsF.png

Thinking Energy Ball or Charge Beam could be coming I switch in Exotic, only to be hit by a Blizzard. We then KO it with a Petal Dance.

zwVqpUM.png

Which was a bad idea, as it allowed Toxicroak come in and KOs Exotic with Gunk Shot.

HAYqm8f.png

We bring in Quickest and heal with a Full Restore. We then hit Toxicroak with a Hurricane to KO it.

DNDl5A0.png

We go for Waterfall against the Alakazam, which outspeeds Quickest and hits a Psychic. It survives, so we bring out Ill to KO it with Ice Shard.

z9jRId4.png

Generally being over levelled and EV training.

FldR0Ia.png

After learning that Cyrus crafted the Red Chain from the Lake Trio and went to summit Mount Coronet. So next time we are going to chase after him. In the meantime, I am going to level up an Oddish. Lost a fair few in this run and I am running out of spares, let alone ones with good natures.

Here is chapter 13, where we take on Candice and the Galactic HQ.

Given the overleveling thing it's kinda nuts how

90% of the fights are absolutely nothing and then randomly there will be one that "Oh hey a bunch of deaths" out of nowhere.

19 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Given the overleveling thing it's kinda nuts how

90% of the fights are absolutely nothing and then randomly there will be one that "Oh hey a bunch of deaths" out of nowhere.

This run is kinda reminding me of when I first played Pokemon when Diamond and Pearl came out. It would be easy, then I would get walled for a bit by Fantina, then can breeze through until Cyrus, then it was fine until Cynthia. This run is playing out roughly the same, it'll be fine then someone nearly sweeps my team.

Spoiler

mEJSVFx.png

Here we are at chapter 14, last time we found out that Cyrus is climbing Mt Coronet to try and recreate the world.

Q4ygeyU.png

Here is Bouncy the Vileplume. Gives me another decent Sp.Attacker. Chlorophyll as helps though does make Quickest slightly worse.

SN8piqT.png

Heading up Mt Coronet, we are met by Looker.

hKNC59o.png

Surprise Looker battle.

EIkni91.pngiCp1V61.png

Or maybe not. I did not want to risk losing any Pokémon before fighting Cyrus since I’m running low on spares.

LxVToHi.png

Well, I was intending to anyway. The Black Flute is going to be a great help.

IxOK6Ui.png

Quick word of advice, I have beaten your Commanders and Boss before. Also, your boss thinks your incompetent.

csXPUn4.pngogLieXw.png

The Nidorino and a Kricketune goes down to a Crunch, and the Drapion goes down to a couple of Waterfalls.

0jFlsD9.png6aJ9H8U.png

If you are all powerful then why do you keep losing?

p4A7p3R.pngSFEqaqq.png

The Ledian goes down to an Ice Shard, and the Weezing goes down to a Psychic.

Jqp36U6.pngPE2113K.png

Yeah, he is going to create a world where only he exists.

Gj4bgc6.pngBE2UHDR.png9XkgMNR.png

The Golbat goes down to an Ice Shard, the Yanmega to a couple while getting off a Bug Buzz. The Houndoom goes down to a Surf.

vM3XbY4.pngaeOjrTd.png

Well I’m not alone, and I’ve been relatively successful so far.

HRWXhLQ.png8awbNxo.png626w8BX.png

Ariados goes down to a Crunch, the Forretress goes down to a Surf, and the Persian goes down to a Rock Smash.

URB5b0c.pngjMPaq6D.png

I am proud of myself. This is the furthest I’ve ever gotten under Nuzlocke rules.

VkO3pzl.pngaQta4y7.pngi223FrR.png

Murkrow goes down to Ice Shard, a Toxicroak goes down to a Hurricane from Quickest, Golbat goes down to a Psychic, and finally Pinsir goes down to a Hurricane.

fiFyYxM.pngRxcKeMY.png

Of course, I’m going to get in the way. That is my job.

RxDAAH1.png

In the first round Persian goes down to Ill’s Rock Smash and Quickest misses Hurricane. Thankfully, Toxicroak misses Ill with Cross Chop.

5wTmKWO.png

In round 2, Hypno goes down to Crunch and Quickest misses Huuricane again, so Ill goes down to a Cross Chop.

tnEvolL.png

In round 3, Quickest misses Hurricane again while Organic KOs Toxicroak with Psychic.

2qfEq0Q.png

In round 4, we heal up Organic with Recover and Quickest once again misses with Hurricane. The Golbat uses Nasty Plot and the Beautifly also misses a Hurricane. We then manage to KO both the Golbat and Beautifly with a Psychic and Hurricane.

9zCbSDY.png

Lastly, the Venomoth goes down to a Psychic from Organic.

x4mScu5.png

Mars, I have beaten you before, so I can do it again.

tFT792v.png

So, if you remember that then maybe you should not get embarrassed again.

IJq2pja.png

Well, Jupiter you have lost the least against me the least, but you shouldn’t be too confident.

BDrL08g.png

Well, look who has decided to show up.

pEeZmQL.png

First up is two Crobats, Aquatic misses with Rock Climb and gets hit by a Torment, while Barry KOs one with Brave Bird.

l9hylea.png

Round 2, we KO Electivire with Strength, while Barry KOs the Crobat with another Brave Bird.

2HDCw49.png

In Round 3, we KO the Yanmega with Rock Climb while Barry suicides into the Gastrodon with another Brave Bird.

qFYnBvy.png

In Round 4, we KO the Kangaskhan with Close Combat, while Barry hits the Tangrowth with Rock Tomb. Tangrowth then crits Aquatic with Focus Blast.

nsmngP2.png

Bringing in Bouncy while Mars brings in Bronzong. We put the Bronzong to sleep with Sleep Powder. We then KO Tangrowth with Sludge, while Barry hits the Bronzong with Force Palm.

Af01HvW.png

Jupiter then brings in her own Bronzong, which is put to sleep with Sleep Powder. Barry then crits Mars Bronzong with a Force Palm KOing it.

4TysVTq.png

Mars brings in Purugly which KOs Barry’s Breloom with Fake Out and dodges a Sleep Powder. Barry’s Heracross then tanks a Play Rough and KOs in return with Close Combat.

tv0d2wF.png

We set up a Growth while Barry’s Heracross gets taken down by Psychic. Barry then switches in Infernape, and KOs Bronzong with a Flare Blitz while Bouncy uses Growth.

QMCQwM7.png

Down to Jupiter’s last two Pokémon, Sableye uses Fake Out on Inferape and then gets KOed with a Giga Drain.

ibP9KQL.png

Last is Jupiter’s ace, which tanks a Flare Blitz from Infernape which hits Infernape with a Gunk Shot. Bouncy then puts it to sleep. We then KO it with a Stone Edge and Giga Drain.

s1aALRC.png

Well, you’ve gotten tougher at any rate.

ZDO5Tec.png

After beating the two Commanders, Cyrus begins his plan to recreate the world.

fZjtARn.png

Well, if you are planning on erasing my existence then being forgiven is kind of moot.

8UU9SPL.png

Cyrus, if a large shadowy demon pops out from the ground, maybe don’t try and insult it.

gq1Jvn5.png

Well, look who decided to show up. I could’ve done with more help earlier.

FYjH6JB.png

No, I need to drop off Aquatic and Ill and pick up some replacements.

JnLdJxw.pngbKn0Ujg.png

After getting to a PokéCenter I remember that there is a special encounter Gabite in Wayward Cave. After going through the Bike maze, we find the Gabite. After throwing a few Dusk Balls at it we successfully capture it.

X9YPa0D.png

Here is Limping. He’s Docile nature which is fine. Now to go see if I have missed a place I can get a Pokémon I can use Fly with.

9qpQfbL.png

Going through the areas I haven’t caught Pokémon; we head to Lake Acuity and surf to find a Sealeo. We catch it in a Quick Ball.

GR5l8mR.pngcxqPuTv.png

Learning that Garchomp can learn Fly, I’ve evolved Powerful the Cleffa into a Clefairy and trained up Limping. Now to climb back up Mt Coronet to go save the world.

rDOrprJ.png

Don’t worry, I should be able to deal with Cyrus’ team.

SrOXfTh.png

Generally yes, though was never great at Biology. Cyrus then goes on about defeating Giratina in order to complete his plan.

2kw4Asc.png

We manage to catch up to Cyrus.

QOgDuyP.png

We’ll see.

YBpCml5.png

Ah, this could suck. We start off by switching Limping out for Powerful who is hit by a Flash Cannon, Bouncy then puts Dialga to sleep, while Palkia misses a Hydro Pump.

RJwiiSl.png

Round 2, we use Bouncy’s turn to heal up Powerful, who then tanks a Hydro Pump. Powerful then hits Palkia with Draining Kiss. In Round 3, Palkia hits Bouncy with a Spacial Rend, and is then KOed by Powerful’s Draining Kiss.

EqKNIw3.png

Round 4 and 5 Dialga stays asleep, and we KO it with a couple of Moonblasts and a Giga Drain.

irEDUyt.png

Well, Sleep is a powerful status.

ZWvIgz4.png

Cyrus, you just tried that with two legendary Pokémon, and it didn’t work.

DUCN13B.png

First up is Crobat, which survives a Rock Climb but KOs itself with Brave Bird.

m0RxtbS.png

Next up is Cyrus’ ace, Weavile. Bringing in Powerful we hit it with a Moonblast, but it holds on from a Focus Sash while setting up a Swords Dance. Powerful is then hit by a crit Icicle Crash. We then bring in Sudden to KO it with a Flash Cannon.

6pQ1mJK.png

Third is Gyarados, which survives a Charge Beam. After using a few Max Potions and an X Defend and Special, we KO it with another Charge Beam.

fXPnOIo.png

Fourth is Honchkrow, which Organic takes down with a Charge Beam.

VdkwaWh.png

Cyrus’ penultimate Pokémon is Houndoom which goes down to a Surf.

DV14pNn.png

Last is Magnezone, which goes down to Limping’s Earthquake.

YlZv7SK.png

Want to bet mate.

tpnIegW.png

Now since I want to minimize risk, I lob the Master Ball at it.

XzCdP81.png

Its name is now Reflective not Giratina.

FN5ZWNL.png

After Cyrus expresses his annoyance and exit the Distortion World, we can go to a PC to check Reflective. Its Timid nature, which is fine, it an still work as a mixed attacker like Quickest.

dkKQfEB.png

And with that, chapter 14 ends. Only lost a couple this time around. We’ll have access to finding a few of the Trio legendaries after talking to Rowan, though I am happy with my current team. Next time we’ll probably be heading to Sunnyshore to take on Valkner, unless something pops up.

Here is chapter 14, where we go and take care of Mt Coronet and Spear Pillar.

Spoiler

b1y9UHh.png

Here we are in Chapter 15. Last time we clear Team Galactic out of Mt Coronet and caught Giratina. Spent a small amount of time EV training Reflective, so 42 level 10 Pidgeots and Alakazams later. Now time to see Prof Rowan.

CEMCKlo.png

That I have.

KZvFh9O.png

Good, now I can go catch them. We also learn that Dialga and Palkia’s appearance has opened rifts throughout the region.

6xxcsc3.pnguHg8YZo.png

First up is Mesprit, who is no longer a wandering Pokémon. After trying to put it to sleep, we bring out Limping to weaken it with False Swipe. Going back and forth due to Rest, we eventually catch Mesprit.

PRAL6eX.pngRdkz3r2.png

Heading behind the Valley Windworks, we find a Rift containing Zapdos. After putting it to sleep, we keep switching between Bouncy and Limping to weaken it and put it to sleep, before eventually catching it in an Ultra Ball.

Scuk4GK.pngfq3BEEB.png

Here is Berserk and True. Berserk is Relaxed, which is fine, while True is Careful which kinda sucks. Now to head on to Sunnyshore City.

JBnqqsS.png

Arriving on Route 222, we find a Floatzel to catch.

eFN3Ta1.pngKKDB8ES.png

Arriving in Sunnyshore, we run into Flint and are asked to go find Volkner.

4oyw2Td.png

That I am.

Ir9yi2d.png

I just finished saving the world and caught Pokémon Satan. So, I shouldn’t be weak.

bDID9JX.png

Arriving at the Gym, Flint thanks us for getting Volkner back in the Gym and gives us the TM for Overheat.

UMz81Ut.png

I’m pretty sure I can make it to Volkner.

oBpHCPz.pngXC3zXxg.pngHCmTnRM.png

A very simple match. Each took an Earthquake.

fyK1noQ.png68bjTdd.png

Then maybe don’t be in a Gym, since you can’t fully utilize most techniques if you are a mono-type trainer.

KtziG7U.pngY8r5wt0.pngfebB1Kp.png

Once again an Earthquake each, though the first Elekid did manage to use an X.Speed.

6esJtwN.png

Well, I have 2 words for you. STAB Earthquake.

GUGTDdG.pngNox8sUk.png

Both went down to an Earthquake, even after Luxray’s Intimidate.

NyvdFLM.pngDpTaC62.png

Well, then you’re in luck.

bORKEzf.pnggWeNv7U.pngIRlAXiI.pngryGaB5r.png

An Earthquake for the Raichu and Lanturn, then switching out to Reflective to KO the remain two with Earth Power.

nqUb8hH.png50CZiez.png

Good for him.

KqtbFGp.pngcS0XCjy.png

Once again each took an Earthquake.

fKyw6cT.png19LXGKi.png

Being 9 levels higher and STAB Earthquake says differently.

Ko6fbJO.pngDKwq0xl.png43MbtDD.pngnMOj9eg.png

More Earthquake sweeping.

IbwktjM.pngnigmzLw.png

Time for the final Gym Badge.

57ai3C9.png

First up is Jolteon, which survives an Earthquake due to Focus Sash, but dies to Rough Skin after getting off a Grass Knot.

UbnVpUp.png

We switch in Reflective for Luxray to preserve Limping’s Attack, and KO it with an Earth Power.

iiDMbuj.pngsbVsqXf.png

Next up is Rotom-Wash and Heat which we KO with a Dragon Pulse each.

lKTbftb.png

Fifth is Volkner’s Ace, Electivire, which goes down to an Earthquake.

Aj8RNHJ.png

Last, it is a Raichu which also goes down to an Earthquake.

A2gfxzk.png

There is our 8th badge, as well as the TM for Wild Charge. Now on to Victory Road.

BcHa5uI.png

Hey look, it’s Barry. After stating the he is going to catch up to us in no time, he runs off to challenge Volkner. Jasmine then gives us a Metal Coat as a good luck charm.

27cy5Zv.png

Making our way into Victory Road without issue, we are now on the final stretch.

TkUlh5c.pngPJ5s6PU.pngqYdXaqt.pngc3A9UKN.pngP1r1qkE.png

Setting up a Dragon Dance, we then KO the Blissey with a couple of Waterfalls. The Aggron goes down to a Surf, the Mismagius to a Waterfall, and the Jumpluff to a Hurricane. We then switch to Organic to KO the Walrein with a couple of Charge Beams.

RUm9cBo.pngfztLu5S.png

Heading further on through we have another Ace Trainer to fight.

2sh5UtO.pngbeH68hG.png

We set up a three Dragon Dances, then KO the Clefable with a couple of Waterfalls, followed by the Magcargo.

aSBklK2.png

The next Pokémon was Tauros, which survived on a sliver of HP due to Reflect and suicided into Quickest with Double Edge, KOing him.

hiiDrFo.png

We then bring in Organic to fight the Starmie, which is KOed with a crit Charge Beam.

feXBMsR.pngbvIEWOO.png

Bouncy manages to get off a Sludge, and dies to a high roll Earthquake before he can get off another Sludge. We then bring Limping in to KO it with a Fly.

Cd2kMab.png

Against a Dragon Tamer, we lose Organic due to a miss with Charge Beam. Ignore Bouncy and Quickest being healed, I used a Nurse to get PP back for Limping and Reflective.

7GY52tY.png

Arriving near the end of Victory Road, we are told to head to Route 224. Meaning we’ll end after we go find a catch here and on the previous route.

L0m5uZT.png

Our Victory Road catch is a Medicham. After hitting it with a few Aura Spheres from Reflective we catch it in a Dusk Ball.

PDhe33F.png

On reoute 223 we find a Mantine to catch. After a few Aura Spheres, we catch it in a Dive Ball.

a2KJYF4.png

And with that we are done with chapter 15. I’ve picked up Vagabond the Medicham, Similar the Sealeo, and True the Zapdos and am going to train them and the rest of the team up to ~75-80 in preperation for the Champion match.

Chapter 15, where we take on Volkner and take on Victory Road.