Sign in to follow this  
Azure

The Ever Expanding Graveyard (Nuzlocke Blog)

Spoiler

A7xo2cq.png

Here we are with Chapter 16. I’ve done one last grind, so everyone is between levels 74 and 78, which ties my Garchomp with Cynthia’s. Now on to route 224.

Z5ATXag.png

Heading to Route 224, we meet Marley, which means a battle is going to happen.

Hvb2tEK.png

First up is a Starmie, which goes down to a Thunderbolt from True.

C0IH7eG.png

Second is a Weavile, which Vagabond takes down with a Drain Punch.

I0EoRVR.png

Third is Crobat, which goes down to a couple of Thunderbolts from Sudden.

CMDP3Tv.png

Fourth is Marley’s ace, Arcanine, which goes down to a couple of Dragon Pulses.

cQ35gC4.png

Fifth is a Sceptile, which Limping takes out with a Fly.

tEN4dol.png

Lastly, Marley’s Electrode goes down to an Earthquake from Limping.

2E6m81y.png

Being 10 levels higher helps.

IIQ17Uw.pngKhsczZe.png

Time for a double battle.

i4RpKKH.png

The battle was fairly simple. Started by taking down to Metagross with a Thunderbolt + Flare Blitz from Arcanine. It was replaced by a Ludicolo which went down the same way. Third was a Blaziken which went down to a couple of Thunderbolts. The Nidoqueen then went down to an Energy Ball from Marely’s Sceptile, while I healed up True. Then remaining Jynx and Kangaskhan both went down to a Thunderbolt and Energy Ball.

0qXiiIT.png

In a battle against a Veteran and a Black Belt, Sudden is KOed by a Cross Chop.

aJEsY4C.png

With the loss of Sudden, we emerge onto Route 224, allowing us a new catch.

rYm8JlL.png

Our catch is a replacement staller in the form of Shuckle. We lob a Quick Ball at it for an easy catch.

SOSqWzO.png

After an irritating grind, Funny the Shuckle is now up to par. Relaxed nature which is good, and all she has to do is take a hit to use Toxic or set up Rocks.

BRmPtWm.png

Returning to Route 224, we find Dawn.

hgh3ZLH.png

I am not looking forward to this.

kNi0g9q.png

First up is her Alakazam, which Reflective KOs with a Shadow Force.

JK5A7I0.png

Next up is her Clefable, which begins setting up Calm Minds while Funny poisons it.

q9dljj8.png

Funny gets hit by a crit Moonblast, leading to an early exit. We then bring in Limping to KO it with a couple of Rock Climbs after Dawn heals.

4cD9f68.png

Third is Dawn’s Mamoswine, so we bring in Vagabond to KO it with a Drain Punch and Energy Ball, while taking an Earthquake.

YS3n714.png

Fourth is Flareon. Similar tanks a Close Combat and KOs the Flareon with a Surf.

rP1xycW.png

Fifth is Lopunny. Predicting a Fake Out, we use a X Defend on True. We then KO it with a couple of Thunderbolts.

vyOd0Vi.png

Keeping True in, we KO the Empoleon with a Thunderbolt.

mV9GBHm.png

Yep, I have grown. I only lost one Pokémon this time, rather than half my team.

YWfKzLR.png

After beating Dawn, we can finally make our way to the Pokémon League. We’ve got the team all trained up and move sets learned.

XiBUWUZ.png

And thinking about the Elite 4 means I no longer have True at the front of my party.

7pILU66.pngKqdcCPb.png

First up, Staraptor. We switch into Reflective, allowing True to take a Brave Bird hit and then retaliate with Thunderbolt.

jB5XmtO.png

Second is Snorlax, which goes down to down to two Drain Punches while only getting off a Curse.

TP2Y12c.png

We bring True back out for Azumarill and manage to KO it with a Thunderbolt.

y3pSOC3.png

Bringing out Limping for Infernape, we KO it with a critical Earthquake.

IFFtO1b.png

Fifth is Heracross, which goes down to an HP Fire and a Dragon Pulse.

pFFfrXD.png

Last is Breloom, which goes down to a Psychic.

iuhpAML.pngOGUstN4.png

Well mate, I did overlevel a bit in preparation for Cynthia. Now on to the Elite 4.

TxFfAGg.png

The first match is against Aaron.

ProC4Cj.png

First up is Yanmega, which gets off a Hurricane before going down to a couple of HP Fires.

QjtqvPP.png

Second is his ace, Drapion. It manages to get off a Night Slash after taking a Dragon Pulse. Aaron then heals, allowing Reflective to take it down with two more Dragon Pulses.

Vt0IKEI.png

Bringing out True for Heracross, we take it down with a single Fly.

Hx2kyn7.png

We then bring out Limping for Armaldo. It manages to survive and Earthquake but is then taken down by Rough Skin after using X-Scissor.yYYYnFP.png

4th is Vespiquen, which goes down to a Thunderbolt.

FaveBAZ.png

We then bring out Reflective for Aaron last Pokémon, Scizor. We heal up and take an Iron head. After hitting it with HP Fire, it doesn’t KO, and the Scizor hits another Iron head but goes down to Life Orb recoil.

BtNqYWw.png

That is the first of the Elite 4 done.

V1jEK0u.png

After healing up, we take on Bertha.

K92RAr0.png

First up is Tyranitar, which goes down to Vagabond’s Drain Punch.

Q2T9CWm.png

Second is Dugtrio. Vagabond misses his first Energy ball and gets hit by an Earthquake. After barely surviving the Sandstorm, we heal up and survive another round on 13 health. Knowing that is enough to survive Sandstorm damage, we hit an Energy Ball and KO the Dugtrio.

tlexAxo.png

Keeping Vagabond in for Quagsire, we heal up and take an Earthquake for 90 damage. We then KO it with an Energy Ball.

q8AZy99.png

We once again keep Vagabond in and fire off an Energy Ball, it doesn’t manage to KO and Vagabond is KOed by an Earthquake. We then switch in Similar, and manage to KO it with a critical Surf, negating Mamoswine’s Passho Berry.

5XjDXgI.png

Fifth is Torterra, which we KO with a couple of Dragon Pulses while taken a Stone Edge.

N0zreDV.png

Last is Bertha’s ace, Rhyperior, which goes down to a Surf from Similar.

lLvmlRe.png

Our third Elite 4 member is Flint, which means it’s going to be a Sun team.

EfUrMsD.pngDRG3g3w.png

First up is a Ninetales. Predicting a Solar Beam, we switch into Reflective. After Shadow Force fails to KO, we take a Moonblast. We then hit it with an Aura Sphere knowing Flint is going to heal. We then heal up before taking 138 damage from a Moonblast. We manage to get off one more Shadow Force before the Ninetales crits with Moonblast, KOing Reflective. We then bring in True to KO it with Thunderbolt.

x4uImTD.png

Second is Rapidash, which goes down to Limping’s Earthquake.

jfTwSL0.png

Realizing that Limping is probably my best bet, we keep him in for Flareon, which goes down to an Earthquake.

8mz8m5N.png

Infernape goes down to a single Earthquake.

SQ1ipSY.png

Fifth is Houndoom, which gets off an attack due to Choice Scarf, before going down to Earthquake.

Huzywbk.png

We bring in Similar against Magmortar to get rid of the Attack drop on Limping. We then switch into True predicting a Solar Beam. After True faints from a Fire Blast while we heal Limping up, we then KO the Magmortar with an Earthquake.

4S8FYSW.png

We’re now on to the final member of the Elite 4, Lucian, with half our team out of commission.

fabmCUd.png

First up is a Hypno. We set up two Swords Dances while the Hypno sets up Screens. We then KO it with Earthquake.

qMVsFoo.png

The Jynx suffers the same fate as Hypno, going down to an Earthquake.

Q71UWrN.png

Next is a Gardevoir, which goes down to a Poison Jab.

5rB8Hnk.png

Fourth is a Slowbro, which survives an Earthquake and hits back with a Psychic. We then both heal on the next turn. Setting up another Swords Dance, we are hit by another Psychic and Reflect wears off. We then KO the Slowbro with an Earthquake.

VlD6Ium.png

Fifth is Bronzong, which we manage to KO with an Outrage.

C5ziUuy.png

Lastly, it is Lucian’s ace, Gallade, which goes down to Limping’s Outrage.

27o5eji.png

I don’t doubt it. I also only have half a team, and my hope is entirely on Limping. Using the two Rare Candies I have on Limping; we heal up and head towards the final battle.

zfSpLlM.png

That I have. I cannot say the same for half my team.

OgSZxAq.png

First up is Milotic. Berserk is hit by a Scald and is burned, while missing Toxic. After managing to hit while Cynthia sets up Light Screen, we then proceed to set up Rocks. After healing back up with a Full Restore, Berserk is hit once again by Scald, which both burns and crits. We get off a few Psychics after healing, before Cynthia switches out to Spiritomb.

Gl8AGG2.png

Pulling our own switch, we bring out Limping and begin setting up with Swords Dance and two X Speeds, healing when below half. After setting up, we KO the Spiritomb with Earthquake.

yQMUn9T.png

Cynthia then brings Milotic back out and heals with a Full Restore. Which is then undone by Limping’s Poison Jab.

zMLhj57.png

Third is Cynthia’s ace, Garchomp. Unfortunately, despite its Jolly nature and Choice Scarf, the two X Speeds allow Limping to outspeed and KO with Earthquake.

DyD0FTx.png

Fourth is Ampharos, which goes down to an Earthquake.

FP6o6lx.png

Fifth is Lucario, and predicting a priority move, we heal up to avoid being KOed and are hit hard with Vacuum Wave due to Sp.Def drops from the Spiritomb. We then KO with Earthquake.

wJCo3RI.png

Lastly it is Staraptor, which goes down to an Outrage.

RjKTX9A.png

That battle was only won due to Spiritomb being a good thing to set up against. Cause I wouldn’t’ve outsped Garchomp otherwise. I needed two X Speeds to guarantee it. I also only meant to use 2 Swords Dances but forgot wether or not Spiritomb had Pressure.

EfPVXaI.png

I am remarkably proud right now.

MNVbJ2o.png

And with that I have actually managed to complete a Nuzlocke run. Limping carried me through the last part of the game, partially due to being overlevelled. Could’ve lost the run during Flint, if I thought Thunderbolt was going to come over Solar Beam with Magmortar, ‘cause that would’ve meant Limping would’ve been KOed. A Walrein and a Mespirit would not get me through Lucian and Cynthia.

If this run has taught me anything is that I need to use X items more, cause if hadn’t decided to by those for when I was grinding Quickest while he was a Magikarp so he could actual do damage with Tackle I wouldn’t’ve won. Anyway, next run is not going to be a rom hack, probably White since I have not played it in a while and I have a Gen V itch.

Chapter 16. This chapter ends out our run as we take on our rivals and the Elite 4/Champion.

Edited by God of Losing Starters

I could've made better choices in battle, such as using Drain Punch on Mamoswine rather than Energy Ball due to STAB and Pure Power, which may've allowed Vagabond to survive an Earthquake even if it didn't KO. Could've also spread EVs out more, particularly in Vagabond's case. But I am proud of myself, the first Nuzlocke I've managed to complete was a hack which increases difficulty and changes things around, such as Milotic gaining Fairy typing, which caught me off guard and was the reason for Limping having Poison Jab. Did overlevel a fair bit, but that is more due to how I generally play the games.

First time recording/editing anything. Not entirely sure how the audio is, since it differs on YouTube compared to how it sounds on VLC and Lightworks. I'm not the most talkative person, which meant I recorded quite a few attempts at the start which I botched up. Still, relatively happy with how it ended up.

As far as audio goes, sounds a bit muffled probably due to the mic itself I assume.

Also I forgot where you were from till hearing your accent

If you're not comfortable talking much it's probably fine not to read all the dialogue if that'd help

But overall nice first video for sure good work.