Blake

Ask Blake Anything!

Might do a recording if I feel like it, but yeah, feels like a nice follow up to the buddy quiz.

I'm also sleeping soon, but bursting with excitement over upcoming things and projects.

Why did you think I would want to be king of the world?

I guess that's enough waiting.

On 4/1/2020 at 11:45 PM, Yui said:

Why did you think I would want to be king of the world?

Because then you could capitalize on the types of clothing you love. Also because it comes with riches.

On 4/2/2020 at 7:59 AM, Comrade Duck said:

What's your favorite rpg?

What's your least favorite rpg?

Who's your current favorite musical artist?

My favorite RPG is UNDERTALE... but that's mostly because of emotional resonance and the writing. So I'll skip that and go on to second favorite.

That spot is easily both of the Bravely games. I feel like they do a good job of shaking up a JRPG, while being both tongue-in-cheek and a normal plot. The voice acting is often criticized, but I actually enjoy the slightly hammy reads for the game, and stuff like MRGRGR is funny as hell. And I usually hate hammy.

Least favorite... Unsure? I think games with no tangible progression system, like the Megaman Battle Network series, tend to age poorly, but they're not exactly things I hate, nor are they what I'd apply here... I hate YIIK as well, but that's because it kinda spits on everything good that games like UNDERTALE, Bravely, or even Octopath have to offer, all while telling the player/viewer that THEY are the one who is wrong.

I don't really pay attention to current artists anymore. If I had to pick a name, it'd likely be a youtube remix or cover artist. No shame in what they do, but not sure it's what you were really looking for. I'd like to give special mention to those like RichaadEB, Lollia, or Man on the Internet, though.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:27 PM, Dae said:

Are you Blake?

Yep! I'm Blake, and Blake is me!

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

3 minutes ago, LordCowCow said:

Copy/pasting this so to cover all bases...

What's the five RP characters (from YCM or NCM) of yours you feel most attached to? And why; if not too much trouble?
If there's less than 5 you can think of just give the ones you can think of.

In no particular order:

Shannon Almaz

Diana Seigi

Vera Zofia

Devin Kismet

Not... sure about #5, honestly. This one is too contested.

Every character has a fragment of me inside of them. Desire for peace. Desire for love. Desire to help. Desire to belong... And more. Again, in no particular order. Desires I feel are big for going into the designs, but it's not just that. My past, my thoughts, my emotions, my very soul. I want to make a life that has it better than I've had it. A life I can guide along through their trials and tribulations, and lead them to a happier conclusion. I like making things better for others than I've had it.

Shannon and Devin are both heavily born from a sense of expression and belonging, but they take it in different directions. Shannon is someone who has convinced herself that she's suffered so much, that it must mean she's destined to come out stronger than everyone. To save the world. To prove she has worth. She ended up coming out very similarly to Edelgard, despite being designed before we knew anything about Miss Crimson Flower. Not exactly, but there's a lot of details that are similar, simply swapping bits here and there.

Devin is one I'm going to refrain from talking about... for now.

Vera has been with me for... 10 years at this point. She was originally from a Bleach fanfic I was going to make, but she stuck around in my heart past that project that never got started. She's the first tragic character I ever wrote, and I look at her like a daughter. I'll refrain from more on her, as well.

Diana, finally, is someone who started as a reference in name... and became her own person. I let her form herself beyond what I worked with Joseph on her, and out came this girl burning with a desire to see the right thing done. To protect those who can't protect themselves, to be a beacon of "you can do it!", to be a symbol for the downtrodden. She's pretty much the rival to Shannon, personality wise. She doesn't NEED to prove herself to others, she just needs to help them.

They are all my "children"... but they've all surpassed what I started them with. Lopt, for example, was meant to be an absolute ass with no empathy or kindness... Yet the Lopt we have, snarky pretender that he is, has a heart. A big one. He just likes to act like he doesn't have one, so he doesn't get too attached again.

It's hard to choose that 5th because of this, on top of not wanting to discuss certain aspects of characters.

14 minutes ago, ass said:

why dont we talk anymore

I... honestly don't know. I'm on Discord a lot, still.

what is your favorite meme from 2010 or earlier?